• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

shane3x

Saint of Swords
My point exactly. Nevermind though. Let's just keep hoping for a forthcoming Wolf reveal.
Wow, people need to really learn to just end things, not end things with a backhanded comments hoping to get some "cheap win" or whatever it is they were after. What I've presented clearly says otherwise as opposed to "K.Rool because...yeah"

I hope that Wolf, or at least some character, is revealed in next Direct. I'm annoyed when there's nothing to look forward to.
To be honest Directs themselves are going to be on the backburner, they need a new president first at least so I imagine next few directs might be more the mini and game focused ones.

Who knows if they want to continue with them or not even with the new president, I doubt someone lower than that rank will want to fill those big shoes.

Last edited:
To be honest Directs themselves are going to be on the backburner, they need a new president first at least so I imagine next few directs might be more the mini and game focused ones.
I agree. Genyo Takeda is rumored to be the next president, but if a direct, even a small one, happens this month, I wonder who is going to present it?

shane3x

Saint of Swords
I agree. Genyo Takeda is rumored to be the next president, but if a direct, even a small one, happens this month, I wonder who is going to present it?
He is likely, Miyamoto is more a creative man and not a business man. Iwata granted was also a programmer but at least had years experience in other divisions essentially being prepped by Yamauchi to take over. Miyamoto is mostly in the directors seat because he has to not because he really wants to.

Although Nintendo in general is changing in all aspects, Iwata being the first outside of of the Yamauchi family to actually be president. I dont think they'd bring in someone outside of Nintendo for the role, I don't recall Takeda's overall business experience but he was part of some big decisions in the past I recall. From what I can remember seeing of him he doesn't seem to have the public presence Iwata however I can't recall off the top of my head either anyone else in Nintendo the shareholders had shortlisted.

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
It's always been really solid so it is nice to see an improvement.

K.Rool never had the overall #1 spot, Only Wolf has ever had that claim. There is a reason why Chance and Want are separate and Wolf has and is a fighter so he's already pass Standard Smash Criteria before.
I agree with M. P., there is no reason why you would think this because it simply is not true. We should simply agree that they are both frontrunners. Stop attacking King K. Rool, and Isaac, and Waddle Dee, and all the other characters because they are not Wolf.

EDIT: Holy **** like 8 replies happened in the time I typed this.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
I agree with M. P., there is no reason why you would think this because it simply is not true. We should simply agree that they are both frontrunners. Stop attacking King K. Rool, and Isaac, and Waddle Dee, and all the other characters because they are not Wolf.

EDIT: Holy **** like 8 replies happened in the time I typed this.
You're too slow; the conversation is like ended already

shane3x

Saint of Swords
I know. Well it was still ongoing when I finished typing. But then SmashBoards decided to update the thing and then suddenly there was like 10 replies.

Also I know the conversation will start again. No doubt in my mind.
He only said it to avoid "conflict" and he himself thinks Wolf is ahead. If anyone actually has anything that says otherwise sure go for it if you want but I don't know why you'd bother really. It only continues when people post nonsense. When people realise that they stop.

He still does. In Japanese.
I miss that English taunt but I can probably guess why its gone

Last edited:
Did anyone here expect Wolf to be cut before the game was released? I personally didn't expect him to be cut although always though that it was a possiblity. I had expected Lucario and Toon Link to be only cuts before they were confirmed to return, and after the April Direct I expected Lucas, Squirtle, Ivysaur and Snake get axed (which turned out to be true). ICs were the only other cut that I didn't expect, despite Sakurai mentioning that he had problems with them.

Logo12

Smash Lord
We learned that Fox's voice actor was nervous while recording for Smash 4
And Wolf and Leon's 64 voice actors are in Star Fox Zero

Wolf and Leon for Smash :)
upload_2015-8-5_22-45-43.png

You have the Japanese version don't you
Yes, I have the Japanese version for both Wii U and 3DS. Just to make sure I don't hear Fox's English voice

Did anyone here expect Wolf to be cut before the game was released? I personally didn't expect him to be cut although always though that it was a possiblity. I had expected Lucario and Toon Link to be only cuts before they were confirmed to return, and after the April Direct I expected Lucas, Squirtle, Ivysaur and Snake get axed (which turned out to be true). ICs were the only other cut that I didn't expect, despite Sakurai mentioning that he had problems with them.
Can't answer, I came after the release of Sm4sh.

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Maybe Ike and R.O.B(I saw a leak,only thing it got right was that Wolf was cut)
View attachment 66297

Yes, I have the Japanese version for both Wii U and 3DS. Just to make sure I don't hear Fox's English voice
NO NOT SLIPPY PLZ
Also,could you show us,if Wolf is confirmed,his Japanese voice clips(ONLY IF HE IS CONFIRMED)

Last edited:

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
At first I thought it would be Snake, Lucas, Falco, and Toon Link. Then Toon Link was revealed. After the April Direct and Sakurai saying something about the Icies I changed my thoughts to this: Snake, Lucas, Falco, Ice Climbers, and Squirtle and Ivysaur. There was also a very short period of time when I thought that Meta Knight would be cut before I realized how stupid that would be. Well the only one I got wrong was Falco. Wolf got cut in his place. Which is dumb. But Lucas is back and I would think Wolf will be before too long.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Don't think anyone did. Toon Link I didn't think would go. Lucario less so but probably would stay being a new school rep as opposed to mostly old gen. Snake I thought would go. Sakurai did also state that IC's weren't likely to have a game anytime soon.

Wolf is peculiar indeed, if he comes back with SFZ model/va that could confirm he wasnt cut but most got pushed back in development priority because obviously they can't release his new look and VA without having to explain themselves or spoil things in terms of SFZ and it'd be even more unlikely to just release Brawl VA/Model and then get updated to have new skins (since we've never had that before).

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
I also made an account after Sm4sh's release, but I had been lurking here since 2013.
I've only known about Smash shortly after my brother bought the 3ds game last year, and I only got to touch it ~4 months ago. Or aka some time later than the ballot's release.

As I've said I lurked more on Youtube and counter people who says Wolf is a clone with like, 100-line comments, before I found this site. I lurked for a while before deciding to join this board on ~May.
NO NOT SLIPPY PLZ
Also,could you show us,if Wolf is confirmed,his Japanese voice clips(ONLY IF HE IS CONFIRMED)
Y U NO LIK SLIPY D:
I dunno if I can show voice clips, but maybe I'll just upload a footage of me playing as Wolf or whateverthing then use the upload-to-youtube feature if it works.
(ONLY IF HE IS CONFIRMED)

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I was thinking Toon Link, Ike, Lucario, and Pokemon Trainer. Seeing as how they all 'replaced' a character, it only made sense that they'd be replaced. It'd be:
Young Link -> Toon Link -> Wolf Link & Midna
Roy -> Ike -> Chrom
Mewtwo -> Lucario -> Zoroark
Pokemon Trainer didn't really 'replace' Pichu though, but if you look at it, it can be taken as Pichu -> PKMN Trainer -> Charizard.

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
I was almost certain there was no way that they were gonna cut Ike, Lucario, or R.O.B., they were too unique and there was no reason to get rid of them. Sheik is the same way. This is why I also think Greninja will come back next game because we had a similar situation with Ike, Lucario, and Sheik and they are still here.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I've only known about Smash shortly after my brother bought the 3ds game last year, and I only got to touch it ~4 months ago. Or aka some time later than the ballot's release.

As I've said I lurked more on Youtube and counter people who says Wolf is a clone with like, 100-line comments, before I found this site. I lurked for a while before deciding to join this board on ~May.

Y U NO LIK SLIPY D:
I dunno if I can show voice clips, but maybe I'll just upload a footage of me playing as Wolf or whateverthing then use the upload-to-youtube feature if it works.
(ONLY IF HE IS CONFIRMED)
Footage of Wolf? What do you mean by that?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
He means he hopes Wolf will be DLC. What else would that mean?
I was wondering what he meant by "under". I thought he hinted that there would be something that hinted Wolf's return. That's just me, though.

OranGiraffe

Smash Cadet
NNID
OranGiraffe
At first I thought it would be Snake, Lucas, Falco, and Toon Link. Then Toon Link was revealed. After the April Direct and Sakurai saying something about the Icies I changed my thoughts to this: Snake, Lucas, Falco, Ice Climbers, and Squirtle and Ivysaur. There was also a very short period of time when I thought that Meta Knight would be cut before I realized how stupid that would be. Well the only one I got wrong was Falco. Wolf got cut in his place. Which is dumb. But Lucas is back and I would think Wolf will be before too long.
You.You monster(jk),I MAIN FLACO(intentional
Honestly I'm absolutely shocked when people say they expected Falco to be cut, or are disappointed that he wasn't. He was a staple character in Melee, and reintroduced in Brawl. He's Fox's Luigi basically. I'm so sad they cut Wolf but I never once thought that Falco would be cut.

Also ignore my profile picture and my 'mains' list, I have no bias shutup :|

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Honestly I'm absolutely shocked when people say they expected Falco to be cut, or are disappointed that he wasn't. He was a staple character in Melee, and reintroduced in Brawl. He's Fox's Luigi basically. I'm so sad they cut Wolf but I never once thought that Falco would be cut.

Exactly. My personal point of view is that if one character has gotten in more than twice, they're there to stay. Ice Climbers was the only exception due to technical difficulties, otherwise they would've gotten in.

And seeing how he is pretty different from Fox now, there's really no reason to remove him.

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman

Cutting Falco over Wolf is a really bizarre choice. Let me rephrase that, adding Falco over Wolf in Melee was a bizarre choice. Wolf is the antagonist of StarFox, or at least AN antagonist of StarFox. Not like we can add Andross very easily. Anyway, Wolf is probably more important than Falco. Wolf would have made more sense than Falco to be in Melee. I am not disappointed that he was not cut, but it seemed like they were gonna cut one of the StarFox clan, and it made more sense in my mind to cut Falco. I did not want them to, I just figured one would. I don't understand the point in keeping a character just because they were in twice. I think the only time that should apply is with the original 12. At this point the original 12 are here to stay. The only that even makes sense to be cut is Jigglypuff anyway.

Falco is a definite lock for Smash 6, but for Smash 4 and 5 (Wii U is the 5th, Sakurai confirms this), I was thinking that he was gonna be cut. Simple as that. This is all an opinion by the way, not a fact.

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Cutting Falco over Wolf is a really bizarre choice. Let me rephrase that, adding Falco over Wolf in Melee was a bizarre choice. Wolf is the antagonist of StarFox, or at least AN antagonist of StarFox. Not like we can add Andross very easily. Anyway, Wolf is probably more important than Falco. Wolf would have made more sense than Falco to be in Melee. I am not disappointed that he was not cut, but it seemed like they were gonna cut one of the StarFox clan, and it made more sense in my mind to cut Falco. I did not want them to, I just figured one would. I don't understand the point in keeping a character just because they were in twice. I think the only time that should apply is with the original 12. At this point the original 12 are here to stay. The only that even makes sense to be cut is Jigglypuff anyway.

Falco is a definite lock for Smash 6, but for Smash 4 and 5 (Wii U is the 5th, Sakurai confirms this), I was thinking that he was gonna be cut. Simple as that. This is all an opinion by the way, not a fact.
Well, Sakurai did have Wolf in mind instead originally, but he went with Falco in the end to have someone that looked more different to Fox back then, thinking Wolf was just gonna be recieved as a "just a grey Fox".

Top Bottom