• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

shane3x

Saint of Swords
@ Logo12 Logo12 Why did you get a warning?

Get back on topic, guys. This isn't a Social Thread.

@Swampasaur
I won't be online much, so please keep a watch.

:231:
Not this again as multiple people have pointed out.

You claim people are blind and can't accept the truth, yet you are constantly ignoring everything that King K. Rool has. The only thing against him is relevance. He actually has quite a few things going for him. We have been over this and I don't want to start this argument again.
Right. His size in canonical appearances while not as bad as ridley is still an issue, Sakurai if he can't get something exactly the way he wants it he won't do it. You don't need to continue the argument because there is nothing to argue about in regards to his chances, he's more likely than Dee or Isaac anyway that's for sure but its nowhere as near as his relative popularity.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
I reposted the same news or something. Not a big issue.

I'm still confused as heck about the definition differences of the rule breaking terms here

Anyway, if you guys still want arguments for the K Rool thing, do it somewhere else. Not necessarily the K Rool thread, but something like the RTC thread since his Rerate is inevitable anyways.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Has anyone here listened to the podcast about the Nintendo Localisation employee talking some Smash and SFZ?

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Because someone came here from a different thread and got a mod on us because someone said something bad about their favorite character, and it doesn't relate to Wolf? Or something? I dunno.

I heard that Wolf's 64 voice actor is in SFZ.
And that the voice actor of Fox was nervous in recording because of his voice in Smash 4.
Hmm.. I still really hope we get Wolf's Brawl voice back, but I won't complain if we do end up getting Wolf's 64 voice. Also, Fox's voice actor was nervous because of his work in Smash 4? Oh my God, I kinda feel bad for complaining about it... I'm sure he'll do fine this time though. Maybe he'll ask to make entirely new voice clips for Smash 4 to redo the damage, haha.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
And that the voice actor of Fox was nervous in recording because of his voice in Smash 4.
Also Leon's 64 voice actor is also in SFZ.
I hope that means Leon will go back to his Glory 64 days and not the obnoxious henchmen he became.

Because someone came here from a different thread and got a mod on us because someone said something bad about their favorite character, and it doesn't relate to Wolf? Or something? I dunno.

Hmm.. I still really hope we get Wolf's Brawl voice back, but I won't complain if we do end up getting Wolf's 64 voice. Also, Fox's voice actor was nervous because of his work in Smash 4? Oh my God, I kinda feel bad for complaining about it... I'm sure he'll do fine this time though. Maybe he'll ask to make entirely new voice clips for Smash 4 to redo the damage, haha.
I hope people aren't reporting out of pettiness because they got shown what was wrong with whatever they said and are trying to damage whoever they can drag with them as they fall because their nonsense called got out.

As long as it's not whatever they did with the 64 3D voice, whether its original 64 or Assault it should be good. Guess we have no idea who is voicing him yet?

Logo12

Smash Lord

That mod sent is a very long story.

I just got warned for Double Posting, nothing much.

Also Leon's 64 voice actor is also in SFZ.
I dunno, if anything I find the English VA did better than the Japanese in SFZ. He really fits the Star Fox game more than in a fighting game.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
That mod sent is a very long story.

I just got warned for Double Posting, nothing much.

I dunno, if anything I find the English VA did better than the Japanese in SFZ. He really fits the Star Fox game more than in a fighting game.
The English VA of Fox was just completely nervous because he heard of all the negativity from the fans in Smash 4.
So I think in SFZ he's trying really hard to sound more like his 64 voice.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I hope people aren't reporting out of pettiness because they got shown what was wrong with whatever they said and are trying to damage whoever they can drag with them as they fall because their nonsense called got out.
All I know is someone literally came out of nowhere. Said in their thread that they search their character's name daily and will protest anyone who is against him. Anyways, let's hop off this topic before one of us gets warned.

The English VA of Fox was just completely nervous because he heard of all the negativity from the fans in Smash 4. So I think in SFZ he's trying really hard to sound more like his 64 voice.
Well, from what I've heard watching the SFZ demos, his voice does sound more tolerable. I still prefer his voice from Assault. Actually, I prefer everyone's voice from Assault. Leon's may be more annoying, but I feel like it fits his species more. Maybe it's just my bias because Assault is my favorite Star Fox game overall.

MtnDewFerret

Smash Cadet
NNID
BraydensLucario
3DS FC
3840-7274-7108
I can imagine a trailer now. Fox & a few others are in the middle of a match, and a smash ball shows up. They all scramble to it, and just as fox is about to hit it, you hear wolf say "Can't let you do that, star fox." And dash in and take out everyone on screen. He and fox are in a staredown at this point. Wolf then taunts while saying "What's the matter, scared?" And does a sick combo into a spike. Some gameplay footage, with a few cheeky clips, and It ends.

Eh?

shane3x

Saint of Swords
I can imagine a trailer now. Fox & a few others are in the middle of a match, and a smash ball shows up. They all scramble to it, and just as fox is about to hit it, you hear wolf say "Can't let you do that, star fox." And dash in and take out everyone on screen. He and fox are in a staredown at this point. Wolf then taunts while saying "What's the matter, scared?" And does a sick combo into a spike. Some gameplay footage, with a few cheeky clips, and It ends.

Eh?
I imagine it might be one or the other in terms of a possible quote that might be used in a trailer. Considering 64 Wolf and Assault Wolf are different in looks and VA. Currently I'd imagine it may be more likely to lean towards 64 quotes considering SFZ is a re imagining of 64 so "Playtime is over, Star Fox" and other notable quotes.

Rosalinatehplumber

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mariotrains
Switch FC
2537-5587-9586
In my opinion, the main reason why Wolf is being held back is probably for Star Fox Zero this holiday season and for the ballot as a veteran winner. Plus, they used Lucas as the brawl veteran DLC because of his popularity, easier to make, and no future as well as Roy as the melee veteran DLC. Ryu was the newcomer/3rd party DLC and Mewtwo was the most popular character. Since the ballot is coming up, they could do a veteran winner, a newcomer winner, and a new series winner. In my opinon, nothing is going to happen until the fall and everyone will start doubting about Wolf's chances. I could see this happening because Sakurai usually gets everyone when they least expected. It happened with Mega Man, Mewtwo, Lucas, and Roy. It would not surprise me if he did the same thing with Wolf because there's a good chance that he knows tons and tons of people want Wolf just like the four I mentioned and loves to surprise us. Knowing him, they'll probably announce right after the ballot is done. I also believe they will only advertise Star Fox Zero on his page (if he gets in) and not doing anything special except maybe for his amiibo. In the past, some characters were revealed when their games were out or close to release. Ex. Sonic, Toon Link, Luigi, etc. I know DLC characters will not solely focus on games that have a future, but Mewtwo and Ryu two of the DLC characters have a future. On both of their pages, they have a link under their picture to know more about them. Roy and Lucas do not have them because they have not been used in a long time. Of course, the main reason they got in is because of their popularity which helps Wolf. Not saying Star Fox Zero makes him 100%, I'm saying it may help him in some sort of advertisement for Nintendo to buy their new game. I hope you understand what I mean. If not, I'll try to explain it better.

Last edited:

shane3x

Saint of Swords
The huge drop in chance tho...

Why are people so ignorant about the pre-ballot thing?
Who knows, Pre-Ballot I still think could go either way. The drop in chance is relative though, he's the front runner and baseline to which others are compared to considering no-one else is as likely and popular. 79% is still quite high anywho.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Why are people so ignorant about the pre-ballot thing?
I think it's mostly a combination of the 'pre-ballot' stuff as well as the whole King K. Rool costume debacle. Hell, even Ice said he wasn't going to rate anyone's chance above 50% anymore solely because of it. Still, a rounded 80% is still very nice to see. I guess Wolf's grip really is stronger than I though.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Who knows, Pre-Ballot I still think could go either way. The drop in chance is relative though, he's the front runner and baseline to which others are compared to considering no-one else is as likely and popular. 79% is still quite high anywho.
Dunno, I'm not surprised, but watching the scores from those users saddens me.

At least we got an increase in want tho

Let's hope K Rool's want will not override us again...

inb4 arguments

shane3x

Saint of Swords
I think it's mostly a combination of the 'pre-ballot' stuff as well as the whole King K. Rool costume debacle. Hell, even Ice said he wasn't going to rate anyone's chance above 50% anymore solely because of it. Still, a rounded 80% is still very nice to see. I guess Wolf's grip really is stronger than I though.
It's always been really solid so it is nice to see an improvement.

Dunno, I'm not surprised, but watching the scores from those users saddens me.

At least we got an increase in want tho

Let's hope K Rool's want will not override us again...

inb4 arguments
K.Rool never had the overall #1 spot, Only Wolf has ever had that claim. There is a reason why Chance and Want are separate and Wolf has and is a fighter so he's already pass Standard Smash Criteria before.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The reason why someone sent a mod here was because we were going off topic and ****, which was completely unnecessary because there was literally nothing Wolf related to talk about.

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
I just hope they won't keep us worrying too much longer. Zero is set to come out in December, which is not far off at all. I just hope he's not just some neglected veteran. But I really don't think the ballot is for newcomers only, which is one of the reasons Wolf's chances dropped a bit.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
I just hope they won't keep us worrying too much longer. Zero is set to come out in December, which is not far off at all. I just hope he's not just some neglected veteran. But I really don't think the ballot is for newcomers only, which is one of the reasons Wolf's chances dropped a bit.
It's just a suggestion box with popularity as one factor, for newcomers they still have to pass standard smash selection criteria which a lot of the supposed people higher up just struggle with, Wolf has already passed that Test being a veteran and with veterans being an easy and safe way to hype things up it's part of the reasons why he is the front runner.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Someone needs to stop being stubborn and admit that King K. Rool is the front runner, not Wolf.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Someone needs to stop being stubborn and admit that King K. Rool is the front runner, not Wolf.
There's plenty to back it up like the RTC thread and aggregate of polls for one and has far less hurdles to jump and is much stronger on every relevant factor compared to newcomers. I wouldn't admit to something which has no basis as that is illogical.

Last edited:
Top Bottom