• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Does the OP itself get updated? Like I dont think results have been updated since day 20. Guess its not as disciplined as the Community Tier List.

Most people aren't basing it on anything logical and aren't really providing a baseline for things either. Hopefully we get some sort of new smash news soon that will bring people back up to reality.

Wouldn't say Dee or Isaac are top 5 but thats just me and the polls. Of course Snake is unlikely for various reasons and K.Rool's chances aren't as high as his relative popularity.
Don't know if the OP has been updated. Also, Isaac is often high in polls (non-Japanese ones).

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Don't know if the OP has been updated. Also, Isaac is often high in polls (non-Japanese ones).
He's never been a front runner. Assuming we are running with 4 more DLC only he'd struggle to get a spot. Even Bandanna Dee is more likely and that is coming from me. If we get 6 to 8 more DLC then it'd be possible simply because there arent really that many characters who are popular or likely after the top 5.

Last edited:
He's never been a front runner. Assuming we are running with 4 more DLC only he'd struggle to get a spot. Even Bandanna Dee is more likely and that is coming from me. If we get 6 to 8 more DLC then it'd be possible simply because there arent really that many characters who are popular or likely after the top 5.
He was second in some Reddit poll and I remember seeing a poll where he was first, but I don't really know how reliable those are. BTW, what characters you think that are most likely (other than Wolf)?

shane3x

Saint of Swords
K. Rool is still the most likely other than Wolf in my mind. Sue me.
Based on what? Popularity alone? Might as well throw in Goku, Shrek and Reckless Wiimote Guy too.

He was second in some Reddit poll and I remember seeing a poll where he was first, but I don't really know how reliable those are. BTW, what characters you think that are most likely (other than Wolf)?
Wolf

I'd say we would likely see at least one more Iconic VG character, so people like Rayman or Bomberman would fit that. If we don't get Inkling as Smash 4 DLC that's easily a confirmed Smash 5 character. Paper Mario I think has a good shot too and if they expand the Customisation feature in future they'd drop Doc to prevent Mario over saturation.

K. Rool while not having as high of a chance as his relatively popularity is still more like than Dee and Isaac, neither of those two are happening. I'm sure we'd also get one "lol so random" character in the Vain of Wii Fit Trainer so Captain Toad or Professor Layton perhaps, although Toad would be more likely there.

Only Wolf has the actual justification to put at over 50% likelihood, everyone else for top tiers these days is 40%.

Last edited:
K. Rool is still the most likely other than Wolf in my mind. Sue me.
I also think that those two are the most likely ones, Wolf being more likely due to his veteran status. I also think that Isaac, Bandana Dee and maybe Inkling, Dixie Kong and Paper Mario are fairly likely, don't think that any third-party is likely at this point.

K. Rool while not having as high of a chance as his relatively popularity is still more like than Dee and Isaac, neither of those two are happening. I'm sure we'd also get one "lol so random" character in the Vain of Wii Fit Trainer so Captain Toad or Professor Layton perhaps, although Toad would be more likely there.
I don't think Captain Toad would be random, he actually has demand unlike WFT.

Last edited:

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
Based on what? Popularity alone? Might as well throw in Goku, Shrek and Reckless Wiimote Guy too.
You claim people are blind and can't accept the truth, yet you are constantly ignoring everything that King K. Rool has. The only thing against him is relevance. He actually has quite a few things going for him. We have been over this and I don't want to start this argument again.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
You claim people are blind and can't accept the truth, yet you are constantly ignoring everything that King K. Rool has. The only thing against him is relevance. He actually has quite a few things going for him. We have been over this and I don't want to start this argument again.
He's actually relevant again because of the Mii costume, the only thing against him is the mii costume.

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Okay, wasted my few hours and put another thousand-word article into the thread. Please tell me if I missed something.

Need some :4jigglypuff::GCD::GCB: right now after spending hours staring at my screen/
That's what I'm about to do right now.
Today is my birthday, by the way. :)

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Today is my birthday, by the way. :)
eh, have meh randum wofz cak
idid'n'ttriyi.png
totally treid

---
@ FalKoopa FalKoopa Deal with this thread since no one in the thread can call you themselves.
wait wha- that's not even necessary
---
Your brother is a good person :)
If you play good with your main(Fox),and your brother is good with Game and Watch,then you need to practice
Wolf needs the good Sheik,Diddy,Rosaluma,Sonic,Fox,and Falco matchup(Falco becuase of Star Fox)
Can't say I'm good with Fox, but my brother is just a DA spammer I'd say
I really need Wolf so I can play with more than just one character.... (Wolf and Fox being the only 2 characters I know how to play with)

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Get back on topic, guys. This isn't a Social Thread.
It's difficult because we've really run out of things to talk about.I'm not trying to debate/argue, but if you have any suggestions for us to talk about, please let us know.

@ Tino Tino HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Kind of shocked the poll doesn't have Dixie, Paper Mario or Waddle Dee but still manages to get Lankey of all characters. At least we're second place on the poll, so I guess we're doing well there.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Warning Received
Kind of shocked the poll doesn't have Dixie, Paper Mario or Waddle Dee but still manages to get Lankey of all characters. At least we're second place on the poll, so I guess we're doing well there.
Meh, at least we've still got Wolf to vote for. Everything else doesn't matter.

shameless plug again but I've done this big thing that no one reads regarding Wolf's chances

Tell me if there's something wrong with it

Last edited by a moderator:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Last edited:

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Hope you're having a noice birthday,@ Tino Tino
Cuz I'm trying to enjoy my last day of summer before the sickening(School)begins.
I feel ya, man. I have to get packing soon so I can go back. I have 2 engineering classes and 2 math classes this semester so that'll eat up a lot of time. At least we have something to do to pass the time till October, though.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Happy birthday @ Tino Tino !

Also, unrelatedly, do you guys think it would be wrong to say Wolf's moveset was merely inspired by Fox's instead of calling him a semi/pseudo clone? I mean his attacks are clearly different but also have equally clear inspirations so I think it works?

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
I feel ya, man. I have to get packing soon so I can go back. I have 2 engineering classes and 2 math classes this semester so that'll eat up a lot of time. At least we have something to do to pass the time till October, though.
Oh.
Grade 10 is mine.
Nintendo Directs are sometimes on Wednesdays,this thread says?
I swear if Wolf is confirmed on my first day back,I'm going to scream.

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Oh.
Grade 10 is mine.
Nintendo Directs are sometimes on Wednesdays,this thread says?
I swear if Wolf is confirmed on my first day back,I'm going to scream.
The last one was, but they do switch it up from time to time.
If that happened I would be so happy. But it won't happen. I'd say we have to wait till October now, but who knows?

Top Bottom