• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
But humans are animals, and have body hair. But if you walked in on someone in nothing but their body hair, are they not, then, naked?
And animals can't remove their fur, even anthropomorphic ones. At what point, then, are they considered naked?
When they're shaved
Go nerf yourself.
Hit yourself with a 9

Last edited:

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Not quite liking how everyone has some sort of DBZ scouter in SFZ. Cant remember if Pigma had one. Everyone on SF Team did anyway.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I've always just chalked it up to Rule of Cool.

Why does Wolf have an eyepatch / scouter?

'Cos it's cool.

Why does Wolf have spikes on his pauldrons?

'Cos it's cool.

Why does Wolf have a mohawk?

'Cos it's cool.

Why does Wolf's blaster have a bayonet on it?

'Cos it's practical cool.

Wolf is just cool.

Furret24

Smash Master
I've always just chalked it up to Rule of Cool.

Why does Wolf have an eyepatch / scouter?

'Cos it's cool.

Why does Wolf have spikes on his pauldrons?

'Cos it's cool.

Why does Wolf have a mohawk?

'Cos it's cool.

Why does Wolf's blaster have a bayonet on it?

'Cos it's practical cool.

Wolf is just cool.
Isn't that why we want him back?

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Isn't that why we want him back?
This was originally a Wolf4Smash thread,then changed to DLC

So maybe it's because he was an unjustified cut like Mewtwo transitioning into the Brawl Roster,he was the cut,having the most data out of the forbidden seven,now four

Plus,bluepikmin11 made a post on SourceGaming about 35 things to consider about DLC.

28.)Character being in the series enough(DO I NEED TO EXPLAIN THIS)

I forgot the rest of the numbers,but there was one that stood out

Character having a close relationship to Nintendo(Miyamoto,nuff said)

Wolf has it 99% percent locked,1% chance of epic fail,we can mod him in anyways,when they(Nintendo)drop support of the Wii U and 3DS

IS THE BANDAID BIG ENOUGH NOW @ Logo12 Logo12

Link to article:http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/05/21/35-factors-to-consider-when-predicting-characters-for-dlc/

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
This was originally a Wolf4Smash thread,then changed to DLC

So maybe it's because he was an unjustified cut like Mewtwo transitioning into the Brawl Roster,he was the cut,having the most data out of the forbidden seven,now four

Plus,bluepikmin11 made a post on SourceGaming about 35 things to consider about DLC.

19.)Character being in the series enough(DO I NEED TO EXPLAIN THIS)

I forgot the rest of the numbers,but there was one that stood out

Character having a close relationship to Nintendo(Miyamoto,nuff said)

Wolf has it 99% percent locked,1% chance of epic fail,we can mod him in anyways,when they(Nintendo)drop support of the Wii U and 3DS

IS THE BANDAID BIG ENOUGH NOW @ Logo12 Logo12

Link to article:http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/05/21/35-factors-to-consider-when-predicting-characters-for-dlc/
STILL NOT BIG ENOUGH MY WORRY IS RIDLEY BIG

---

19 was "is the character a veteran", but I guess that works?

Basically most of the top choices suit many of those criteria tho. And talking about veterans Wolf isn't even the top wanted vet.

Also for the last time, no one is guaranteed/locked/shoo-in/whatever word I don't know about. Wolf was always expected to the next after everything, to the point people use it as a reason not to vote for Wolf in ballot. Now "everything" past and even some major important famous popular Youtuber thing tries to spread a rumor about Wolf's chance gone, it's really impossible to say Wolf is still 99% (as if he has ever been).

If the only way we can get Wolf is by modding the game, f**k this, Brawl is the best game ever.

And why are we talking about some creepy dark hypotheses on Wolf failing to get in again I thought they were gone for good :(

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608

---

Basically most of the top choices suit many of those criteria tho. And talking about veterans Wolf isn't even the top wanted vet.

Also for the last time, no one is guaranteed/locked/shoo-in/whatever word I don't know about. Wolf was always expected to the next after everything, to the point people use it as a reason not to vote for Wolf in ballot. Now "everything" past and even some major important famous popular Youtuber thing tries to spread a rumor about Wolf's chance gone, it's really impossible to say Wolf is still 99% (as if he has ever been).

If the only way we can get Wolf is by modding the game, f**k this, Brawl is the best game ever.

And why are we talking about some creepy dark hypotheses on Wolf failing to get in again I thought they were gone for good :(
I don't remember Sakurai specifically saying that it was going to be all Smash Ballot now so Etika is most likely wrong. He just said "it's fanservice until the end".

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
I don't remember Sakurai specifically saying that it was going to be all Smash Ballot now so Etika is most likely wrong. He just said "it's fanservice until the end".
Yes, but what damages the fanbase is when a big channel like this bashed on their choices. I've seen some supposedly-supporting users being super pessimistic down there and some vet-haters celebrating their "good news".

I've also pointed out this many times. Yes, it says it's about "service". That doesn't necessarily mean "ballot votes" (I've read some Japanese threads. 1 out of several hundreds of them thinks it's about ballot, and everyone else thinking Wolf is the next DLC). Even if it REFERS to the Ballot, that doesn't decrease the veterans' chance any bit. But yeah, who's having more credibility? A random internet guy talking **** or a big big channel who has done much more stuff on covering Smash news?

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101

---

I fixed it,was actually 28.)

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Yes, but what damages the fanbase is when a big channel like this bashed on their choices. I've seen some supposedly-supporting users being super pessimistic down there and some vet-haters celebrating their "good news".

I've also pointed out this many times. Yes, it says it's about "service". That doesn't necessarily mean "ballot votes" (I've read some Japanese threads. 1 out of several hundreds of them thinks it's about ballot, and everyone else thinking Wolf is the next DLC). Even if it REFERS to the Ballot, that doesn't decrease the veterans' chance any bit. But yeah, who's having more credibility? A random internet guy talking **** or a big big channel who has done much more stuff on covering Smash news?
He's more credible than a guy talking **** sure. But that doesn't mean he's always right.

Logo12

Smash Lord
He's more credible than a guy talking **** sure. But that doesn't mean he's always right.
My point is, now that he said such thing, and with the viral spreading of his news, everyone, including many Wolf supporters, would choose to believe Etika and think Wolf is really done. This must in some way hurt the support, even if not the chance.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
So, Etika released a video today regarding Palutena's Amiibo being released today. Along with that, he also covered a leak regarding Mewtwo's Amiibo release date being October 23rd. If the leak is true, than we can probably expect a direct around there. At the very least, this extends our hopes if there is no direct in, or no Smash Bros/Wolf coverage, in August.

Logo12

Smash Lord
So, Etika released a video today regarding Palutena's Amiibo being released today. Along with that, he also covered a leak regarding Mewtwo's Amiibo release date being October 23rd. If the leak is true, than we can probably expect a direct around there. At the very least, this extends our hopes if there is no direct in, or no Smash Bros/Wolf coverage, in August.
I dunno, we pretty much know something happens in October because of the ballot.

--

Oh, and talking about support:

Last edited:

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
GOOD OBSERVATION
I dunno, we pretty much know something happens in October because of the ballot.

--

Oh, and talking about support:

The 32 people probably think Wolf is a clone

Logo12

Smash Lord
GOOD OBSERVATION

The 32 people probably think Wolf is a clone
Dunno, in the main thread some who No'd Wolf also No'd Krystal. Or indifferent both. It's not necessarily "clone" stuff.
Many people already voted, so the firt day has the most votes.Not to mention Blue's poll was shared everywhere equally, so that means less overall voters
Sure he did post on individual support threads for free support of the character, but there's still the main thread as shown above. Not every characters get fully supports for example.
Shovel Knight
upload_2015-7-25_2-34-2.png

ICies:
upload_2015-7-25_2-35-27.png

And oddly, Krystal:
upload_2015-7-25_2-36-11.png

And the purpose of showing the line chart is just to show Wolf getting supports consistently.

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
This thread has never been so active

About Wolf tho,Wolf is most likely,Wolf was a fan favorite

"All DLC will be fnaservice"does not mean anything(maybe)
"No DLC":Mewtwo
"No DLC after Mewtwo":Lucas,Roy,Ryu

Wolf is 99% confirmed,1% chance of not coming back

I am almost out of bandaids:ace:

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
"All DLC will be fan-service":
For whom?
  • For Brawl fans? (Snake, Wolf, Lucas, PT)
  • Melee fans? (Roy-Mewtwo)
  • Veteran fans? (Ice Climbers, Wolf.....)
  • Newcommers fans? (KingRool, Toad, Daisy, Inkling)
  • "Indie" fans? ("Shantae, Shovel, Freddy Frazbear, Slenderman")
  • Fighting-games fans? (Ryu)
  • Nintendo fans? (Wolf, Mewtwo.........)
  • Mainstream players and non-smash players? (Megaman X, Tekken and Virtua Fighter Miis, Ryu, RPG-games-fans)
  • Goku, Shrek, Miku, Toad, Goomba

I really don't like the Etika's video :/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Amje3YW5QTI

Last edited:

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
I'm very happy with Ryu.:4ryu:

The principal DLC character with Roy:4feroy: that I wanted. :chuckle:

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
For whom?
  • Mainstream players and non-smash players? (Megaman X, Tekken and Virtua Fighter Miis, Ryu, RPG-games-fans)

Ice Climbers were disconfirmed yet again, and with 'fan service' it's clear Sakurai means 'The very popular characters'

Logo12

Smash Lord
This thread has never been so active

About Wolf tho,Wolf is most likely,Wolf was a fan favorite

"All DLC will be fnaservice"does not mean anything(maybe)
"No DLC":Mewtwo
"No DLC after Mewtwo":Lucas,Roy,Ryu

Wolf is 99% confirmed,1% chance of not coming back

I am almost out of bandaids:ace:
"No DLC" is misinformation. So is "No DLC after Mewtwo".
For whom?

If a developer talks about fans (again which he didn't) on Smash 4 DLC, it's obviously Smash 4 fans. Which is composed of most of these (Brawl, Melee, General Nintendo Franchise, Indie fans). Ryu is popular in neither sides (Western community had almost no polls with Ryu on it, the Japanese community thought he's the result of Western popularity, etc)
Ice Climbers were disconfirmed yet again, and with 'fan service' it's clear Sakurai means 'The very popular characters'
Mind you, the Ice Climbers are actually just as popular in Japan as Wolf (if not more). I'm sure most people wants him back, but no longer supports due to the problem.

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
I honestly didn't believe the ERSB leak until the gameplay (even after since I was in denial about Bowser Jr.'s clown car based moveset) because there was no Wolf, Lucas, and Mewtwo.
Same here. To be completely honest I wasn't jaw-dropping shocked about Lucas, since his franchise is pretty much over and Ness is much more well known by non-Mother fans. Though I did expect him to return. Wolf I was fairly shocked, indeed. Mewtwo not as much, but I was surprised they brought back Dr. Mario and not him. Though he was much easier to make.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Well that's debatable. There are already several ideas on how IC could be in Smash 4, so saying they are impossible is like saying K Rool is not possible because he's no longer in the recent installments of DKC
IC is impossible because Sakurai tried EVERYTHING he could but said that IC simply didn;t work, this was pretty recent aswell

Top Bottom