• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

shane3x

Saint of Swords
He was smashified yesterday...
Gosh, hopefully the point wasn't lost =p

It's amazing.

YO.
Way too much third party.(for an official game,at least.)
It was more for CSS sizing and spacing as opposed to who exactly is getting in. Just confirmed with the creator of the 3DS version however that he did not scale his boxes at all he literally just added a row with same size, so his one isn't feasible given current 3DS screen sizes.

Last edited:

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
So here is a scenario: What if Snake was revealed before Wolf was? Like say in August it was confirmed that Snake would be returning for that update and nothing about Wolf was announced. What would you guys think of that?

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
So here is a scenario: What if Snake was revealed before Wolf was? Like say in August it was confirmed that Snake would be returning for that update and nothing about Wolf was announced. What would you guys think of that?
I'd:
  1. Cry internally (or externally who knows)
  2. Continue hating on those whoever came before Wolf
  3. Worry more about Wolf's chances while watching people saying stuff about "There are less impeding issues than ever so Wolf has more chance"
  4. Go back to endless bitter waiting and arguments of whoever insulted Wolf and stuff
But seriously (not like I'm wasn't being serious), please stop bringing these kind of dark hypotheses. I'm already worrying about him every night and now you're making it worse :/

Last edited:
While I would be happy for Snake fans, I would also disapponted that we got four cut veterans back, and none of them was Wolf (who should have been prioritised over Lucas, Roy and Snake imo).

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
  1. Cry internally (or externally who knows)
  2. Continue hating on those whoever came before Wolf
  3. Worry more about Wolf's chances while watching people saying stuff about "There are less impeding issues than ever so Wolf has more chance"
  4. Go back to endless bitter waiting and arguments of whoever insulted Wolf and stuff
But seriously (not like I'm wasn't being serious), please stop bringing these kind of dark hypotheses. I'm already worrying about him every night and now you're making it worse :/

HERE IS A BANDAID.Wolf is likely,Roy was a fan favorite,Capcom payed for Ryu,Lucas was fan demand,Mewtwo was test DLC(I MAIN HIM ANYWAY),So Wolf is likely like 90% going to be confirmed,unless that 10% happens and we have to rely on a ballot nuke,but just wait,play For Glory,rek scrubz,rek Little Mac,use the Wolf color on Fox if you haven't already,when Wolf is inevitably confirmed,I will switch my color back to green fox,or orange fox when using my Fox amiibo

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
HERE IS A BANDAID.Wolf is likely,Roy was a fan favorite,Capcom payed for Ryu,Lucas was fan demand,Mewtwo was test DLC(I MAIN HIM ANYWAY),So Wolf is likely like 90% going to be confirmed,unless that 10% happens and we have to rely on a ballot nuke,but just wait,play For Glory,rek scrubz,rek Little Mac,use the Wolf color on Fox if you haven't already,when Wolf is inevitably confirmed,I will switch my color back to green fox,or orange fox when using my Fox amiibo
You can't say Wolf is not a fan favorite, or a fan demand, if not MORE of a fan demand then those, so why Wolf didn't come earlier already?

Also, I suck at FG (I've yet to play a match without a Spamus or a projectile spammer), so I can't rek anyone.
And I felt that the grey color on Fox was a disgrace to Wolf, thus I never used it once.

So basically your bandaid probably is too small for my worry.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
While I also support Snake, I would be happy that he made it back in the game along with his fans but at the same time, it would be a complete let down that there was no mention of Wolf at all. In any case, there a chance he would end up being the ballot character...assuming no one else takes the stand.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'd be overjoyed, seeing as Snake is almost definitely the character who I'd most like to see added as DLC. I don't feel like it would alter Wolf's chances in any way, though - there's no reason why they shouldn't bring him back.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
You can't say Wolf is not a fan favorite, or a fan demand, if not MORE of a fan demand then those, so why Wolf didn't come earlier already?

Also, I suck at FG (I've yet to play a match without a Spamus or a projectile spammer), so I can't rek anyone.
And I felt that the grey color on Fox was a disgrace to Wolf, thus I never used it once.

Probably to advertise Star Fox Zero

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't play For Glory that much because: 1. I'm not very skilled enough, 2. Lag and 3. People throwing insults, mostly sore losers, although that's not really a big problem for me. Plus, just like all my mains, I use Fox in his default color.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869

That gray palette for :4fox: doesn't really quite match up with :wolf:'s colors anyway. Too much purple and not enough blue. But other than that, it's a good enough color. But I don't use him, so it's not much of an issue.

Eh, I've more or less come to accept whatever outcome awaits :wolf: in the near future. I'll still be enjoying the game whether or not he's in, even though it'll kinda suck if he's not....that said, I still want him in as much as everyone else around here. Speaking of which, does anyone know if he's still the most wanted in Japan? I don't know if it will truly tip the scales in our favor, but then again, :4lucas: happened. You know what? We could use some Smash team bias right about now. They supposedly like :wolf: very much, which could very well work to our benefit.

I'd be slightly annoyed. I still believe :snake: doesn't quite belong with the rest of the Smash cast, no offense to any of his fans(don't blow me up). But that's just how I feel about it. I know he's well liked around here, which is totally fine, more power to those who want him I say. I just wouldn't indulge if that came to pass.

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
If Snake got in before Wolf, I would be fine with it. I love Snake anyway but if Snake got in and Wolf never came back then I would sell everything I own that's Nintendo and convert to the Skullgirls master race on PC deal with it and use the other characters. I don't see Snake getting in and not Wolf though.

Last edited:

shane3x

Saint of Swords
I'd be happy for Snake, and it wouldn't really affect any of the factors which rank wolf so highly. Although depending on what you believe we may get 2 more DLC slots pre ballot, and of course you have the ballot itself so plenty of opportunities for Wolf to return with.

Furret24

Smash Master
I could have sworn my biology lessons begged to differ as thy aren't human

I'm using irl stuff for a game, animals who have fur aren't naked until the fur is taken off
I'd imagine it would get pretty hot wearing two layers of clothes.

I apoligize in advance for any implications my comment may have implied.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
So, this probably a stupid question, but I have no better place to ask it, why exactly does Wolf have a eyepatch? Is it to dim the lights of one eye while flying, like many real-life pilots, so he can see in the dark when necessary, or is he just simply missing a eye?

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
So, this probably a stupid question, but I have no better place to ask it, why exactly does Wolf have a eyepatch? Is it to dim the lights of one eye while flying, like many real-life pilots, so he can see in the dark when necessary, or is he just simply missing a eye?
As far as I know there is no explanation given to why he as an eyepatch, and later an eye piece. Honestly, your guess is as good as mine.

Maybe he has a vision problem where his left eye can't converge with the rest of his vision? I have a similar problem, but sadly I don't get to wear a cool eye piece :( Idk, I guess I just like to think like that sometimes :p

Logo12

Smash Lord
I know there's "Farewell Beloved Falco", but that was set between 64 and Adentures so idk.
I've watched again, there's a comic on:
  • Star Fox SNES (No Wolf for obvious reasons)
  • Star Fox 64 (Wolf appears in some dogfights, but nothing about why he has an eyepatch (to be exact, he started out with one)
  • Star Fox 64-Adventures (Wolf absent as he does in Adventures)
So yeah, no clue :/

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I could have sworn my biology lessons begged to differ as thy aren't human

I'm using irl stuff for a game, animals who have fur aren't naked until the fur is taken off
But humans are animals, and have body hair. But if you walked in on someone in nothing but their body hair, are they not, then, naked?
And animals can't remove their fur, even anthropomorphic ones. At what point, then, are they considered naked?

Last edited:
Top Bottom