• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
IC is impossible because Sakurai tried EVERYTHING he could but said that IC simply didn;t work, this was pretty recent aswell
When he said "he tried", he only removed the joints to make stuff work. There are already tons of people suggesting possible alternatives to this, which does more than just removing a few joints.

Basically, Sakurai tried his best to make them work, but since time is limited, and there's no future to the Ice Climber franchise anyways (thus lower priority), he chose to cut them.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
When he said "he tried", he only removed the joints to make stuff work. There are already tons of people suggesting possible alternatives to this, which does more than just removing a few joints.

Basically, Sakurai tried his best to make them work, but since time is limited, and there's no future to the Ice Climber franchise anyways (thus lower priority), he chose to cut them.
He gave them lower polygons. He made Nana dumb. He removed gravity in the game. Didn't work. IC were only made playable because of their gimmick of 2 fighters and as Mewtwo and Roy showed, Sakurai didn't want to change them. Not to mention Sakurai mentioned it not even a month ago

Logo12

Smash Lord
@PushDustIn would be more than willing to promote his site to show you the source. He even says Olimar nearly got cut until he cut the Pikmin to 3, and they have **** models
Yes, I'm reading that right now.
I couldn’t get them to work no matter how hard I tried: I removed as many joints as I possibly could, and even when I removed certain effects, like gravity, they still wouldn’t work. Olimar and his Pikmin were also extremely difficult, but I managed to at least get them to work. ~ PushDustIn's translation from the article
Find me "make Nana dumb" here.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yes, I'm reading that right now.
I couldn’t get them to work no matter how hard I tried: I removed as many joints as I possibly could, and even when I removed certain effects, like gravity, they still wouldn’t work. Olimar and his Pikmin were also extremely difficult, but I managed to at least get them to work.​
Find me "make Nana dumb" here.
Oh no, I got one thing wrong. Somebody call the fun police. Point is, IC can't work until the next game

Logo12

Smash Lord
Yes, because removing gravity is less strainfull to the 3DS than making Nana dumb, something that's already the case on low percentages iirc
If one had to run 8 separate AI on 3DS, things wouldn't even work without gravity.

Because Nana cannot be dumbed down like Lumas which doesn't have a thing on making the game not work.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Luma is low poly, doesn't have as much moves as a regular fighter, can't be caped or made helpless iirc and they only attack when the player hits the attack button, which has an immediate response unlike Nana, who mimics Popo
Similar can be done to Nana -- Just make her follow you no matter what, cannot do stuff alone, and act as an attack when the player hits the attack button.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Nope, because you'd need a maximum of 8 60 fps characters on the screen working on all stages with the added possibility of a 30 fps summon. Ice Climbers. Can't. Become. DLC
Who says you can't 30fps Nana tho?

Again, same can be said for RosaLuma.

There are just countless possibilities suggested on how they could made to work, and you're just being stubborn, hating on ICies.

D

Deleted member

Stop arguing about the Ice Climbers, this is NOT the Ice Climbers Thread, take it somewhere else before the mods notice!.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
While it would be against what Sakurai envisioned for the game, wouldn't it be possible to simply remove Nana from the 3ds version and heavily buff Popo on the 3ds, while keeping the original Ice Climbers intact on Wii U? I don't see him ever doing it, but, wouldn't that work?

Logo12

Smash Lord
While it would be against what Sakurai envisioned for the game, wouldn't it be possible to simply remove Nana from the 3ds version and heavily buff Popo on the 3ds, while keeping the original Ice Climbers intact on Wii U? I don't see him ever doing it, but, wouldn't that work?
That's one of the many suggestions the fans have given. Yes, it's not appealing to all, but this works.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Who says you can't 30fps Nana tho?

Again, same can be said for RosaLuma.

There are just countless possibilities suggested on how they could made to work, and you're just being stubborn, hating on ICies.
Because Nana is a character that has full on animations for everything like Popo, she can grab, be affected be capes, become helpless, get stunned. Luma can not. Nana is a full AI character. Luma is not

"You're just being stubborn, hating on ICies" Yes, because the facts that I'd buy them ASAP, felt sad they were cut and how the majority of people who like IC agree with me om this mean nothing

Logo12

Smash Lord
Warning Received
Because Nana is a character that has full on animations for everything like Popo, she can grab, be affected be capes, become helpless, get stunned. Luma can not. Nana is a full AI character. Luma is not
You totally disregarded my point on making Nana cannot do anything other than following Popo's order.
And is "be affected by capes" a worthy thing to mention when you can basically make it flinch like any attacks will to Luma or at best not affected by it like Lumas?
"You're just being stubborn, hating on ICies" Yes, because the facts that I'd buy them ASAP, felt sad they were cut and how the majority of people who like IC agree with me om this mean nothing
Yes, because there STILL is a IC for Smash campaign. There STILL is voices asking Sakurai for IC, and that's not the majority, who has ALREADY OUTNUMBERED WOLF IN SEVERAL POLLS. Unless you're arguing that IC has twice the support as Wolf supporters, lel.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Warning Received
You totally disregarded my point on making Nana cannot do anything other than following Popo's order.
And is "be affected by capes" a worthy thing to mention when you can basically make it flinch like any attacks will to Luma or at best not affected by it like Lumas?

Yes, because there STILL is a IC for Smash campaign. There STILL is voices asking Sakurai for IC, and that's not the majority, who has ALREADY OUTNUMBERED WOLF IN SEVERAL POLLS. Unless you're arguing that IC has twice the support as Wolf supporters, lel.
Pikmin are able to pick up items and such. Nana would still need to be 60 fps and be affected by stuff playable characters are affected by.
Just because people want something doesn't mean they think there's no problems. Case and point, Ridley's still a popular request and scores high on DLC polls. And about the "Remove Nana" option. Why get rid of the gimmick that Sakurai has stated was the reason IC became playable in the first place? Honestly, you're making Geno Boost look smart. I have no intention on continuing to argue with someone who's delusional and desperate for IC despite Sakurai dissing them when the ballot was already released

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Pikmin are able to pick up items and such. Nana would still need to be 60 fps and be affected by stuff playable characters are affected by.
Just because people want something doesn't mean they think there's no problems. Case and point, Ridley's still a popular request and scores high on DLC polls. And about the "Remove Nana" option. Why get rid of the gimmick that Sakurai has stated was the reason IC became playable in the first place? Honestly, you're making Geno Boost look smart. I have no intention on continuing to argue with someone who's delusional and desperate for IC despite Sakurai dissing them when the ballot was already released
You mean Pikmin and Luma isn't affected by attacks or what? Also, why exactly would Nana need to be what you've said when I have more than once mentioned that these can be changed?
Also, I wasn't saying IC don't have a problem. They have one but they are solvable or at least have workarounds. Same goes for Ridley. What matters is if one wants the change/the fix/the workaround, which I again have mentioned "may not appeal to all, but it works"
And no, I don't "desperately want" IC. I am perfectly fine without them. But when you have to turn around and stomp on those innocent fanbases, something's wrong with that.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303

Logo12

Smash Lord
Oi Logo. I'm not a he and only 'attacked' people who think Ice Climbers can still genuinely be DLC, a minority.
Eh, why is gender so important anyways.

Also, sure a "genuine Ice Climber" (gimmicks unchanged stuff) is impossible, but when it comes to fans who loved Ice Climbers for the character, not the gimmick, there still is plenty.
WOLF Link?

See? Now it's relevant to Wolf Mc Donald.
WHAT HAS THE TOPIC BECOME WHILE I WAS GONE

Furret24

Smash Master
You mean Pikmin and Luma isn't affected by attacks or what? Also, why exactly would Nana need to be what you've said when I have more than once mentioned that these can be changed?
Also, I wasn't saying IC don't have a problem. They have one but they are solvable or at least have workarounds. Same goes for Ridley. What matters is if one wants the change/the fix/the workaround, which I again have mentioned "may not appeal to all, but it works"
And no, I don't "desperately want" IC. I am perfectly fine without them. But when you have to turn around and stomp on those innocent fanbases, something's wrong with that.
I don't mean to butt into this conversation (arguement, whatever), but doesn't Nana also have her own damage meter too? Luma only takes up to 50% while Pikmin take anywhere from 7% to 13%, depending on the type. Nana has a normal damage meter that goes up to 999%.

I don't know if this really means anything, but i'm just going to throw this out anyways.
Ganondorf?
Toon Link?
WOLF Link?
Kaepora Gaebora?

Last edited:
Top Bottom