• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can anybody explain to me, WHY AM I SEEING COMPLETELY STUPID CHARACTER IDEAS?

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
For someone so old, you really aren't very well versed in how the world works. When you discuss something you say "I think _____ because ______" and "Well, I disgree because ___________." You make points; you give responses and counterpoints. You don't just say "I hate all of these characters because thy're kiddie, and all of you are like 12." You give your suggestions, too, not just bashing on other peoples'.

For your sake, I would have denied being so old because it's just said that someone your age is so ignorant of social etiquettes.
You realize that the purpose of quotes is to display an accurante depiction what a person said right?

so if you are wanting to make lines up it is incorrect to put them in quotes.

He's showing you how to discuss. It isn't a bunch of one-liners.
So the way to discuss is to bring up a character's sexuality?

Jackal478

Smash Ace
Lmao I ate dinner and came back.

Lucario FTW!
I don't think lucario makes no sense. I think he'd easily replace like, mewtwo.

idk.

For the record here's my character ideas so you guys dont think i hate character suggestions altogethor..

I think:

Krystal - PC
Wolf - Maybe PC
Triple D - PC
Lucario - PC
Sonic - Slim, but actually plausible PC
Ridley - Boss (OHGAWD! FANBOYS! GET JACKAL!)
Toad - No Chance
Starfy - No Chance
Pauline - No Chance
Cpt. Olimar - AT

you can see my side on this topic here. and you can see my pattern so yeah. make sure to look up on this before titling me.

:D

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Charizard FTW!
Lucario blows. yes i know, charizard has no chance while lucario will most likely be included.
and master chief= impossible
while sonic = high chances.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
You realize that the purpose of quotes is to display an accurante depiction what a person said right?

so if you are making to make lines up it is incorrect to put them in quotes.
Kind of like what you just did?

Also, I couldn't make out that last line at all.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Charizard FTW!
Lucario blows. yes i know, charizard has no chance while lucario will most likely be included.
and master chief= impossible
while sonic = high chances.
Was that pointed towards me?

I was pointing out the difference between a stupid idea and an opinion. I wasn't saying Sonic shouldn't be in the game, just that I don't like him.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
whats wrong with Stafy and Demille??? you have to put a thought into a character suggestions,other than "I don't like him" which you don't see in most of the threads anymore.
I don't like them. If that bothers you take it up in PM.

And Gypsy I don't recall questioning a characters sexuality...

flicker

Smash Journeyman
Triple D... I'm not sure about. Kirby already sucks and I hope Metaknight will be good enough so that he is used regularly.

They should have something in Adventure Mode where you fight a boss that pertains to your char which I think they might.

Ganon fights Link+Zelda
Samus fights Ridley
Kirby fights Metaknight
Sonic fights uhh... Dr. Eggman?!
and so on...

I don't know. Just an idea I had.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
And Gypsy I don't recall questioning a characters sexuality...
I know you didn't. You did say Ridley shouldn't be in Brawl because he's a prehistoric pterodactyl, so Tingle not being in because he's possibly gay makes about the same amount of sense. Seriously, there is no reason at all that Ridley shouldn't be in the game as a playable character. If you would just be a good little boy and come to the Ridley thread so that we may have an intelligent debate instead of a flame war, then maybe we would get somewhere. None of your arguments are good reasons to hate or not want Ridley in the game.

And you really pissed me off when you said that if you support Ridley, then you're not a true Metroid fan.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I don't like them. If that bothers you take it up in PM.
Yes, and since you don't like them, they definitely won't be in. In fact, the only other character they're adding to the lineup is Sonic. There will be 20 characters in Brawl.

Triple D... I'm not sure about. Kirby already sucks and I hope Metaknight will be good enough so that he is used regularly.
How does Kirby already suck? Or are you talking about his sucking ability? :confused:

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
my favorite pie would be either apple or cherry. although chicken pot pie is good too, i would have to say chicken pot pie is my favorite

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
I know you didn't. You did say Ridley shouldn't be in Brawl because he's a prehistoric pterodactyl, so Tingle not being in because he's possibly gay makes about the same amount of sense. Seriously, there is no reason at all that Ridley shouldn't be in the game as a playable character. If you would just be a good little boy and come to the Ridley thread so that we may have an intelligent debate instead of a flame war, then maybe we would get somewhere. None of your arguments are good reasons to hate or not want Ridley in the game.

And you really pissed me off when you said that if you support Ridley, then you're not a true Metroid fan.
None of my arguments?

When was I trying to make an argument? All I said what that I don't want certain characters. Part of growing up is learning to accept others opinions.

Yes, and since you don't like them, they definitely won't be in. In fact, the only other character they're adding to the lineup is Sonic. There will be 20 characters in Brawl.
I never said that since I don't like them they won't be in it. Even if they are in the game I will still think they are lame.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Also, lets keep this argument between Vagrant and Grim. We dont need more people in this.
There is no argument. I make points and he says The equivilant of "..."

And why is this all on me? I'm supporting other people's ideas, something he can't say that he does.

When was I trying to make an argument? All I said what that I don't want certain characters. Part of growing up is learning to accept others opinions.
And there you have it. So stop claiming to be having a "discussion."

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Ugh.

Flame me if you want, almost all the suggestions i see here are completely stupid.

"Oh yes, I think Pauline should be in, Shes actually very likely."

WHAT? Pauline's been in like....2 games? and nobody knows who she is by her name.

and seeing things completely senseless make me angry. STARFY. WHATS HE GONNA DO TO ME?

ARRRGH.

Flame me or agree with me.

And debate here if i'm wrong or if these people are living in their dreams. D:
STOP FRICKEN QUOTING ME!!!!! YOU DONT NEED TO MAKE A THREAD ABOUT HOW GAY PEOPLELS IDEAS ARE!!! THE BIGGEST GAY IDEA IS YOU AND YOUR FACE!!!

flicker

Smash Journeyman
I never said it was either of your faults Grim. I just don't want people to come into it, and I'm waiting for someone to prove a good enough point for the other to backdown XD

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
There is no argument. I make points and he says The equivilant of "..."

And why is this all on me? I'm supporting other people's ideas, something he can't say that he does.

And there you have it. So stop claiming to be having a "discussion."
I'm doing what this thread was intended to do. I was DISCUSSING which character ideas I disliked.

Go defend your characters in there own thread.

The fact is, I'm in the right thread. You aren't. Thus, you are just antagonizing the whole situation.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
I meant in Brawl. Overall he sucks, grabs/range/moveset/weight.

Don't argue with me on that. Just say you disagree because I know he sucks.
well kirby was one of the best characters in ssb64, so i can't see why he couldn't return to his former glory in brawl. besides why would the make a character sucky two games in a row, that would be an insult to sakurai's intellect

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I will turn that one around on you. Accept other people's opinions then, and stop calling them little kids because they want certain (legitmate) characters.

I meant in Brawl. Overall he sucks, grabs/range/moveset/weight.

Don't argue with me on that. Just say you disagree because I know he sucks.
Have you played the 64 version? He was amazing on there. I will admit he got nerfed in Melee, but that doesn't mean he sucks. They definitely need to unnerf him, but...I'm still not seeing what your earlier point was.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I never said it was either of your faults Grim. I just don't want people to come into it, and I'm waiting for someone to prove a good enough point for the other to backdown XD
Internet arguments don't work that way, and we all know it. They go on until the topic is locked.

Top Bottom