• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can anybody explain to me, WHY AM I SEEING COMPLETELY STUPID CHARACTER IDEAS?

flicker

Smash Journeyman
They might not know a lot about Metroid, but they are still fans.

I find Ridley a good addition. Opinion still.

What if my friend thought Thardus was a good boss and I didn't?

Does that make me not a fan?

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
Inconceivable! The emergency evasive maneuver failed.

Quickly, Viroxor! Do a barrel roll!

**** it! The flames are still coming!

Eject! Eject!

*Dies like Goose*
I love you man. You and Hectichobo make this thread worthwhile.

flicker

Smash Journeyman
****it, if he did, I'm not keeping up with this thread.

Can someone find me where he called Ridley a kiddie character and and said only idiots want Ridley?

Even though from what he says it seems like you could derive the idea he doesn't like Ridley, but assumptions are often misplaced. Maybe he spoke something he didn't mean, because he did say Ridley was a badass.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
She'll be coming round' the mountain when she comes... Oh she will be coming round the mountai nwhen she comes :)

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
I'll put in some rational arguments.
Ridley is in no way a bad choice, he is a villain who has appeared in every Metroid game and has a very open moveset available. He is no more of a kiddie character than Ganondorf, and he was in the melee intro. Ridley is the only logical Metroid addition to Brawl, as he's the only recurring villain. He was on Sakurai's poll, and is a favorite among fans of Smash.

I don't find this thread useless, seriously guys, Balloon fighter, toad, and all those other characters don't have much of a chance at all. Toad is generic, Balloon fighter is balloon fighter, and most of the characters suggested I hear I don't recognize without an explanation.

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
I just hope you know that was in reference to when I tried to change the thread topic. I failed, of course, because posts come too fast for mine to be read thoroughly.

Except the part about Goose. That was from Top Gun.
Oh, of course I know. But swans just can't keep up with the pace of multiple posts per minute. Their slender necks would snap from whiplash at the acceleration/strain.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Actually, no. I even went back to see how it started. Please don't say such things unless you verify them. Go back yourself and see where it took off.

Go to page 4.
Okay. Let's take a look back:
Naturally the Grim has to support all of the ******* characters. Because that is the only way he can maintain hope for Ridley.
Got something to say? Come into the Ridley thread and say that.

First, I would like to know how Ridley is a "kiddie character." There aren't even words to express how dumb you are. And again...what characters do you support? It's easy to criticize, but hard to actually give a suggestion, eh?

What charters are you referring to anyway?? Prepare to sell your Wii then. You don't deserve it anyway.

EDIT: I just saw your name...Tingle?!!!?! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
You've GOT to be kidding...Is there a more kiddie character than he??
So it appears that both of you were bashing each other because of your opinions. Tsk, tsk, tsk. And that turned into this:
I already have an 8800 GTS. It was a joke.

And noone said Ridley was Kiddie you polesmoking crazy man Grim.

And obviously the Tingle title is just me ****ing around.

And why would I go to the thread filled with the Ridley FO BRAWL fanboys? As much as I want a flying skeletal like pteradon with arms character in Brawl...no thanks.
Oooh... You know, I like Ridley as much as the next guy, but the Ridley thread is full of people who pretty much bash anyone who doesn't want Ridley in.

And here we are, about two hours later. Yay.

THIS THREAD IS NOW ABOUT PIE:

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I'll put in some rational arguments.
Ridley is in no way a bad choice, he is a villain who has appeared in every Metroid game and has a very open moveset available. He is no more of a kiddie character than Ganondorf, and he was in the melee intro. Ridley is the only logical Metroid addition to Brawl, as he's the only recurring villain. He was on Sakurai's poll, and is a favorite among fans of Smash.

I don't find this thread useless, seriously guys, Balloon fighter, toad, and all those other characters don't have much of a chance at all. Toad is generic, Balloon fighter is balloon fighter, and most of the characters suggested I hear I don't recognize without an explanation.
You lost me at Balloon Fighter. >_< He was in Beta version of Melee...*Sigh*

Really, these sorts of things should be in each character specific thread. It's too difficult to give elaborate responses for each character in a list...

hectichobo

Smash Ace

So it appears that both of you were bashing each other because of your opinions. Tsk, tsk, tsk. And that turned into this:

Oooh... You know, I like Ridley as much as the next guy, but the Ridley thread is full of people who pretty much bash anyone who doesn't want Ridley in.

PIE!! !<333 My life is now worthwild...:kirby:

the grim lizard

Smash Master

Red, sometimes you have good things to say, but this time, just stop. I gave a detailed explanation contradicting some of the characters mentioned, and he just threw a random insult at me. He doesn't have opinions, he just bashes other peoples'.

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
I love your name. But, I know people are going to disagree on those subjects. Who am I kidding, there's probably already three posts before mine by now.
Wait, who's name do you love? And which subjects? I'm all confused, because I'm not sure if you're re-entering the topic of the actual thread or not...

In any case, if people wanna make suggestions, fine, as long as they back them up. I mean, I personally would love to see Kefka. I made the suggestion to see how others thought he could fit, not because I think he stands a real chance.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Red, sometimes you have good things to say, but this time, just stop. I gave a detailed explanation contradicting some of the characters mentioned, and he just threw a random insult at me. He doesn't have opinions, he just bashes other peoples'.
Dude its all about pie!! Now STFU ABOUT SSBB BE4 I BASH YOUR FACE IN!!!:mad::mad::mad:

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
STFU and get your *** in the Ridley thread. Stop pretending you're mister nice guy all of a sudden.
Awesome we got a junior e-thug. Yo dawg hollur!

Why would I go to the Ridley thread? I will give you a reason why I wouldn't.

1) It's like 200 pages long.

2) I already know Ridley won't be in brawl.

3) I could care less to hear a bunch of people yammer on about why they think Ridley will be in the game. I have already been to that thread.

4) Do you really need a threads worth of people for reinforcement?

And Grim get the **** over it. I never insulted you. I made a joke about how you had to support the ****ty idea characters because it would be the only way you could honestly believe Ridley will be in it.

Get a sense of humor and move on. How much must your life suck to have been that offended?

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
in a fight between a guy with a chicken pot pie and a guy with a blueberry pie, the man with chicken pot pie would win. this is of course because the other man would wind up with 2nd degree burns all over his face

and vagrent you forgot reason 5

5) you are to scared to go and take your argument there because you would get destroyed

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Wait, who's name do you love? And which subjects? I'm all confused, because I'm not sure if you're re-entering the topic of the actual thread or not...

In any case, if people wanna make suggestions, fine, as long as they back them up. I mean, I personally would love to see Kefka. I made the suggestion to see how others thought he could fit, not because I think he stands a real chance.
Falco&Victory. I was talking about the subjects of Balloon Fighter and Toad. And yes, I have acknowledged that the thread, ultimately, cannot be changed.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land

i didn't eat pies for a long time!!! :jigglypuf

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
OK, EVERYONE STUFPPERCUT FOR 5 SECONDS....

Ridley has high chances of making Brawl , he was shown in melee, and he is the main metorid villain, so there is no raitonal argument against his inclusion, Give some raitional logic, we can debate, instead of arguing and flaming. If you don't recognize a characters name or roll in a game the second you here it, they won't be in Brawl(excluding perhaos Ike and Pit).

Balloon fighter may have been in beta melee, but in The Legend of Zleda: OoT Beta there was an arwing. Beta testing is always ridiculous looking back.

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure pie isn't a legitimate discussion topic for Brawl. But...

Good old meat pie. Pies are for savoury and delicious. Not for sweet and dessert. At least not so much in Australia. So I don't get the idea of all these variety of dessert pies. Sounds kinda cool though.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Okay well im going to leave now because my mommy said i shouldn't be talking to the public... i mightscare them.. :(

Top Bottom