• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can anybody explain to me, WHY AM I SEEING COMPLETELY STUPID CHARACTER IDEAS?

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
You know what, whenever I try to get you guys to stop, my posts are just ignored.

So I give up. I can't do anything.

Go have fun bashing each other for no reason.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Please, someone explain to me how that was an insult to Grim.
...are you ******* kidding me?

You know what, I changed my mind. I guess I'll just stay here until you two stop...

And BTW grim lizard, I never said it was your fault. Just partly.

Jackal478

Smash Ace
I'm not even going to bother to point out the obvious. Vagrant, if you will please leave this thread.

It's a discussion thread. Not a "Vagrant is Right and You aren't thread"

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
And reread that first quote I said to you, dumb ****.

"Naturally the Grim has to support all of the ******* characters. Because that is the only way he can maintain hope for Ridley."

I was saying JOKINGLY that you couldn't in good faith deny other character possibilities because then you would be tempted to question Ridley being in it.

Learn the language.
you do know that the language in typing is null. whatever you type is written deadpan unless you aknoladge that it is a joke, like this

ridley should not be in brawl because he would be to big... jk

of course this isn't the only way to do that but you get the point. so if you wan't to go around posting jokes make sure that people can clearly desifer that they are jokes

flicker

Smash Journeyman
Only reason both of you guys were at fault is because you both wouldnt stfu--;

We even had a Pie break and you guys kept "discussing" XD

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
Go back to page 4. Grim had a long post in response to someone and mentioned how people are going overboard with characters.

I then make a comment jokingly about how Grim must support all of those characters because if he doesn't then how will he maintain hope for ridley.

www.google.com

"Define: Sarcasm"

I have never even seen you post prior to that so don't try to ***** and make it seem like I was making a personal attack

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Go back to page 4. Grim had a long post in response to someone and mentioned how people are going overboard with characters.

I then make a comment jokingly about how Grim must support all of those characters because if he doesn't then how will he maintain hope for ridley.

www.google.com

I have never even seen you post prior to that so don't try to ***** and make it seem like I was making a personal attack
Was that directed to me?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
...are you ******* kidding me?

You know what, I changed my mind. I guess I'll just stay here until you two stop...

And BTW grim lizard, I never said it was your fault. Just partly.
Fair enough. He's blocked now anyway. I don't care if he keeps posting.

Going back to what I said; I'll stick by it. I'm glad people like that aren't making the game. They are just like Vagrant saying every which legitimate character suggestion is terrible without giving their own. If you go back and read what I said, never actually said I supported those characters (I actually do, but that is beside the point). I was pointing out why they had a shot, which is more than can be said about the other people. You yourself said that there should be a distinction between ideas we don't like and ideas which have no shot at all. I was clarifying that.

I'd be willing to offer explanations for why certain characters aren't bad ideas if anyone would still be interested. What I won't tolerate is the kind of crap he was doing...bashing suggestions without reasons and without a counter-suggestion.

EDIT: Hey guys, I'm being good and ignoring Vagrant out of courtesy to you all, so please stop quoting him, thanks.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
BUT YOU NEVER AKNOLADGED THAT IT WAS A JOKE UNTIL HE JUMPED ON YOU ABOUT IT. god you are such a douche. you never made it clear that the original post in question was sarcasm or a joke, so it was taken seriously. so you can't go back and say it was a joke

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
VIRIXOR!!! COME BACK!!! I BESEECH YOU!!!!

Anyway, yeah, TGL won, so can you both drop it? TGL, you win, just let him live with that knowledge, and block his posts, put him on your ignore list, then keep posting.

BACK to the thread's main topic. Characters with good chances: Ridley, The Black Knight(he has a large fan base, and I'm not part of it), Wolf or Crystal, maybe someone else from F-Zero, and perhaps Midna or Zant(though not likely). I missed a few, but seeing as most people here recognize those names I'm guessing they have good chances.

Jackal478

Smash Ace
Leave

www.google.com

Regard the post i meant for you to see,

go flame some noobs, we want a discussion. and you're halting that with your arrogance.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Please, someone explain to me how that was an insult to Grim.
Because you're insulting his taste, basically. You think his taste in characters is inferior to yours. You think that because he likes Ridley (who, I believe I've proven to you before, is a perfectly acceptable candidate), that his opinion in characters just doesn't count. It's just not true.

Admittedly, you're both being thick-headed. But, everyone on this whole effing board is! We all argue for the characters we like (or at least characters we think are likely) and express our reasons for our dislike of other candidates. When everything is boiled down, we're all just stubborn jack-*****. This argument will keep going until one of you just gets tired of trying to get your point across and gives up.

It's very possible that Ridley won't be in, Vagrant. But the fact of the matter is, there REALLY is nothing you can say that makes him an impossibility. If you don't like him, fine. But if he ends up in Brawl, you shouldn't be surprised.

EDIT: And my post is totally late, but I don't care. I got that off my chest.

Jackal478

Smash Ace
VIRIXOR!!! COME BACK!!! I BESEECH YOU!!!!

Anyway, yeah, TGL won, so can you both drop it? TGL, you win, just let him live with that knowledge, and block his posts, put him on your ignore list, then keep posting.

BACK to the thread's main topic. Characters with good chances: Ridley, The Black Knight(he has a large fan base, and I'm not part of it), Wolf or Crystal, maybe someone else from F-Zero, and perhaps Midna or Zant(though not likely). I missed a few, but seeing as most people here recognize those names I'm guessing they have good chances.
I don't know about the BK, a bit too generic....even the name, but that never really stoped anybody.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Fair enough. He's blocked now anyway. I don't care if he keeps posting.

Going back to what I said; I'll stick by it. I'm glad people like that aren't making the game. They are just like Vagrant saying every which legitimate character suggestion is terrible without giving their own. If you go back and read what I said, never actually said I supported those characters (I actually do, but that is beside the point). I was pointing out why they had a shot, which is more than can be said about the other people. You yourself said that there should be a distinction between ideas we don't like and ideas which have no shot at all. I was clarifying that.

I'd be willing to offer explanations for why certain characters aren't bad ideas if anyone would still be interested. What I won't tolerate is the kind of crap he was doing...bashing suggestions without reasons and without a counter-suggestion.

EDIT: Hey guys, I'm being good and ignoring Vagrant out of courtesy to you all, so please stop quoting him, thanks.
Okay, maybe I was wrong and you were right.

BUT it would've been a good idea to just ignore him earlier. I mean, why do you care about what he thinks? If he says something without backing it up, just ignore him.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
BUT YOU NEVER AKNOLADGED THAT IT WAS A JOKE UNTIL HE JUMPED ON YOU ABOUT IT. god you are such a douche. you never made it clear that the original post in question was sarcasm or a joke, so it was taken seriously. so you can't go back and say it was a joke
No **** I didn't acknowledge it. I didn't realize he got pissed off about that quote until someone requoted it not long ago.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
Because you're insulting his taste, basically. You think his taste in characters is inferior to yours. You think that because he likes Ridley (who, I believe I've proven to you before, is a perfectly acceptable candidate), that his opinion in characters just doesn't count. It's just not true.

Admittedly, you're both being thick-headed. But, everyone on this whole effing board is! We all argue for the characters we like (or at least characters we think are likely) and express our reasons for our dislike of other candidates. When everything is boiled down, we're all just stubborn jack-*****. This argument will keep going until one of you just gets tired of trying to get your point across and gives up.

It's very possible that Ridley won't be in, Vagrant. But the fact of the matter is, there REALLY is nothing you can say that makes him an impossibility. If you don't like him, fine. But if he ends up in Brawl, you shouldn't be surprised.

Read the posts in the thread please. I wasn't insulting his taste. He was talking about characters he didn't like. I made a joke saying he must like them.

How is that insulting his taste.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
I belive a thread like this is imcomplete without my sig

Edit~ there ya go
Those are characters you don't want; not stupid suggestions like Master Chief or that guy from God of War who's name escapes me.

STUPID suggestions are characters who have ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE of being in Brawl, and all of those characters do have a chance.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
he just explained how you insulted his taste, and i just explained why it wasn't a joke and why you tryed to cover your *** by saying it was a joke

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Okay, maybe I was wrong and you were right.

BUT it would've been a good idea to just ignore him earlier. I mean, why do you care about what he thinks? If he says something without backing it up, just ignore him.
I know, but I'm a sucker for flame wars. I realized it wasn't progressing any further, though.

Anyway, let's go back to the original thing. Someone said Balloon Fighter...Any other candidate who needs clarification?

flicker

Smash Journeyman

I will not say anything but this,

Your sn is amazing. *sniff

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Note to self. Don't expect 14 year olds to detect sarcasm even when put in obvious context.
Yes, because obviously, you are more superior and everything you say is fact.

Do you eat the skulls of children to survive?

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
Note to self. Don't expect 14 year olds to detect sarcasm even when put in obvious context.
you didn't put it in obvious context you self absorbed piece of ****, i just told you how you didn't do that. why don't you ever listen. and for the record i am not 14, so don't act like you know how old everyone is

and jackal, if you don't like balloon fighter, there is a thread about the most recent balloon fighter who actually has a name other then balloon fighter and isn't generic in any way.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
I'm going to right a list of characters without a shot

Phoenix Wright
Toad
Plusle + Minum
Mister Resseti
Captain Olimar
Mii
R.O.B
Black Mage
Cloud
Sephiroth
Squall
Tingle
Pacman
Geno(probably, even though I want him in sooooooooooooo badly)
Ray
Happy Mask Salesman
Skull Kid
Fierce Diety Link
Dark Samus
Andross
Chain Chomp
Waluigi

More Later

flicker

Smash Journeyman
PLEASE MII MAKE IT INTO BRAWL! They should make it so when you pick a certain name you get a Mii you customized ROFL.

HAHAHAHA IAM A SD GENIU SDASMD !!!!1one.

Top Bottom