• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can anybody explain to me, WHY AM I SEEING COMPLETELY STUPID CHARACTER IDEAS?

Jackal478

Smash Ace
I'm going to right a list of characters without a shot

Phoenix Wright
Toad
Plusle + Minum
Mister Resseti
Captain Olimar
Mii
R.O.B
Black Mage
Cloud
Sephiroth
Squall
Tingle
Pacman
Geno(probably, even though I want him in sooooooooooooo badly)
Ray
Happy Mask Salesman
Skull Kid
Fierce Diety Link
Dark Samus
Andross
Chain Chomp
Waluigi

More Later
I agree aside from:

Mii's,
Geno,
and
Waluigi

ClarkJables

Smash Lord

Phoenix Wright
Toad
Plusle + Minum
Mister Resseti
Captain Olimar
Mii
R.O.B
Black Mage
Cloud
Sephiroth
Squall
Tingle
Pacman
Ray
Happy Mask Salesman
Skull Kid
Fierce Diety Link
Dark Samus
Andross
Chain Chomp
Waluigi

More Later
i agree with you on everything there except for mr. resetti, although muddy mole does lower his chances... yes i do agree with you on everything there except for DS.

Jackal478

Smash Ace
out. now.

No, just the hearts.

And if I wanted to insult someone's taste I would talk about how bad Panic at the Disco is.

Kid, it's a dumb thread to begin with. It was destined to be locked the second you made it.
Too bad you were the one who supported it until i prove your arrogance true.

LEAVE.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
Kid, it's a dumb thread to begin with. It was destined to be locked the second you made it.
but the thread hasn't been closed yet, in fact its gone to 25 pages in only a few days. if you stopped posting here the thread might die, but you don't so it won't

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I'm not for Ballon Fighter, once again, he seems all too generic.
What do you mean?

Phoenix Wright
Toad
Plusle + Minum
Mister Resseti
Captain Olimar
Mii
R.O.B
Black Mage
Cloud
Sephiroth
Squall
Tingle
Pacman
Ray
Happy Mask Salesman
Skull Kid
Fierce Diety Link
Dark Samus
Andross
Chain Chomp
Waluigi

More Later
OK, I'll respond. Why are you guys saying Olimar doesn't have a shot? I really don't understand that. Dark Samus has a shot, but I will admit that it isn't likely. There are others on there who have a pretty good shot, too. You should distinquish between no shot, and low chances.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Olimar.... thought that would raise questions. In a matter of opinion, he would have difficult moveset to create, he can't fight, and he's appeared in only two games. I agree he is cool, and I love Pikmin, but I don't see him as smash material. Every character is either VERY popular, or a bouny hunter lol.

Jackal478

Smash Ace
@Grim:

Ballon Fighter would need a remake (obviously) and would be very unique. but at the same time he wouldnt stand out too well, aside from his ballons.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
There is no way I can respond to all of those when this thread is still growing so quickly...

I'll still try, though.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Olimar.... thought that would raise questions. In a matter of opinion, he would have difficult moveset to create, he can't fight, and he's appeared in only two games. I agree he is cool, and I love Pikmin, but I don't see him as smash material. Every character is either VERY popular, or a bouny hunter lol.
Sakurai could create a great moveset for him.

There is not a single doubt about that.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
jackal have you checked out that female balloon fighter's thread yet. she stands out allot. and falco there is an amazing olimar moveset on the olimar thread that convinced me he would work, try to find it and when you do ill say behold rather loudly

Jackal478

Smash Ace
jackal have you checked out that female balloon fighter's thread yet. she stands out allot. and falco there is an amazing olimar moveset on the olimar thread that convinced me he would work, try to find it and when you do ill say behold rather loudly
but would she(she?) stand out and still be recongnizable as ballon fighter?

i've always looked as him as well, a him.

find me the link and i'll check it out.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Does the moveset make sense, and does it not include Pikmin? Olimar is not a fighter in any way, he is an explorer. Every character in SMash can fight, and Olimar doesn't fit that description. He has a chance, but it is very slim and his fan base is not too large.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
ok to jackal, she stands out allot and i guess i'll find the thread, im just so **** lazy

and to falco, he does fight in the moveset and he also uses pikmin to beat the **** out of people in interesting ways

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC

Phoenix Wright
Toad
Plusle + Minum
Mister Resseti
Captain Olimar
Mii
R.O.B
Black Mage
Cloud
Sephiroth
Squall
Tingle
Pacman
Ray
Happy Mask Salesman
Skull Kid
Fierce Diety Link
Dark Samus
Andross
Chain Chomp
Waluigi

More Later
I would disagree with many of those. Toad has been around for a VERY long time and deserves a spot, Mr. Resetti is probably the only good suggestion for an Animal Crossing character IMO, Captain Olimar starred in a very unique and innovative game and can have an awesome moveset, have a Mii in Brawl would actually make it fun (IMO), Pac-Man is one of the greatest arcade games ever and is almost as recognisable as Mario (he was even in a game with him), Geno... is Geno, Dark Samus would be a good Metroid villain (but Ridley has a better chance) and Waluigi... I just really like him.

Now the ones I DIDN'T mention aren't really great suggestions.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
OK, quick responses now, and a better explanation later.

Phoenix Wright You're right. Megaman or no one.
Toad See later explanation
Plusle + Minum I think you're right. Pichu was a last-minute add anyway.
Mister Resseti See later explanation
Captain Olimar See later explanation
Mii See later explanation
R.O.B While, Nintendo has been throwing him in every which way in games recently, I don't see it happening. That has mostly been games like Mario Kart and Wario Ware.
Black Mage Yeah. Not sure many people have suggested this, though.
Cloud Yep.
SephirothNo idea who this is, but I think you're right
Squall See above.
Tingle It would be very cruel. I don't see this happening.
Pacman See later explanation
Geno(probably, even though I want him in sooooooooooooo badly) See later explanation
Ray Is this Ray01 from Custom Robo? In which case, see later explanation
Happy Mask SalesmanOnly Numa Dude thinks he'll be in.
Skull Kid See later explanation
Fierce Diety Link Yeah, ain't happenin'.
Dark Samus See later explanation
Andross There are a lot better choices form a franchise who likely won't have a ton of rep. So, yeah.
Chain ChompAT'd.
WaluigiSee later explanation

More Later
And throw Balloon Fighter on the later explanation, too.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
I didn't recognize the name 'Ray' upon first hearing it, and I am a harcore classic nintendo fan. I had never seen an F-Zero game, but I still knew who C. Falcon was.

About Balloon fighter, his character model is too plain if you look at the recent 3D ones.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
@ Red, I believe Grim spelled it out well enough. I would enjoy seeing Olimar in the game with so many possibilities for his moves, but I don't believe he will make it in.

@Grim, agreed on all your explanantions so far, took the words right out of my... finger tips?

Lol @ Flicker.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
I didn't recognize the name 'Ray' upon first hearing it, and I am a harcore classic nintendo fan. I had never seen an F-Zero game, but I still knew who C. Falcon was.

About Balloon fighter, his character model is too plain if you look at the recent 3D ones.
But there's only ONE 3D model of him (that I know of), which is his Melee trophy. Look at Pit's trophy: if they could redesign him, why not Balloon Fighter?

ClarkJables

Smash Lord

here is a picture of what balloon fighter could look like if you just gave him a chance. btw i did not draw this

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Pit's trophy 3D model wasn't well recognized. Show me the 3D model of Balloon fighter I would recognize it instantly. It's on the arcade games of Balloon Fighter that I still see around.

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
Those are characters you don't want; not stupid suggestions like Master Chief or that guy from God of War who's name escapes me.

STUPID suggestions are characters who have ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE of being in Brawl, and all of those characters do have a chance.

excuses,but I take it in that "Stupid suggestions" literally translates to suggestions that are "stupid"....and not those of "0% chance of appearing"

but w/e, I'm in no time to argue, so I won't.

infact, just for you (and for kicks) I'll go out of my way and make a "speacial version" of my sig....

if THESE are not stupid enough for you.......

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
excuses,but I take it in that "Stupid suggestions" literally translates to suggestions that are "stupid"....and not those of "0% chance of appearing"

but w/e, I'm in no time to argue, so I won't.

infact, just for you (and for kicks) I'll go out of my way and make a "speacial version" of my sig....

if THESE are not stupid enough for you.......
Sora has more then a 0% chance of making it... you have to admit that at least.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Yeah, that's the model on the arcade games of Balloon fighter. I recognize it from the NES version easily. He's not a fighter anyway, he's a flyer. He would be like Jiggs or Kirby, except less popular and a weirder moveset.

Jackal478

Smash Ace
you are making me move more towards BF i guess he could work, it just seems strange.

like whats his backstory? (ex: Pit's story, palutena, blah blah blah save the princes.....yadayada)

i dont know

Top Bottom