• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can anybody explain to me, WHY AM I SEEING COMPLETELY STUPID CHARACTER IDEAS?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I would also bet on Balloon Fighter not being in XD
I'll take that bet, too.

...This now seems the place to ask this.

Are King Dedede, Ridley, Krystal, Diddy Kong, Sonic, and Lucario (perhaps Megaman?) the most likely, and most agreed upon, newcomers?
No, I mean, not in that sense. The most likely newcomers are Dedede, Geno, Ike (who was just confirmed), Diddy, Ridley, and Olimar because of Sakurai's poll results and his interest in those characters. Krystal interested Sakurai as well. Sonic seems to be the most likely 3rd party (if you don't count Geno as one), and Lucario seems to be the most likely new Pokemon. However, Sakurai never commented or there was never a recorded reaction on his part concerning Sonic or Lucario; so I wouldn't say anything about those.

Most of my assumptions are based off of what Sakurai has stated publicly and what his poll results said. That make sense? But I'd say most of those are pretty likely.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Ah, thanks Grim.

That list includes two of my most wanted characters (Ridley and Krystal). The only one left would be Midna/Wolf Link... Seems like their importance to the most recent home console Zelda game, and Brawl using Twilight Princess to base the other Zelda characters from makes them seem likely. However they also have quite a bit going against them too...

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
actually, i don't think they would hold a character back because of their recent games. if that were the case then sonic would never get in, and niether would allot of other third parties

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
...This now seems the place to ask this.

Are King Dedede, Ridley, Krystal, Diddy Kong, Sonic, and Lucario (perhaps Megaman?) the most likely, and most agreed upon, newcomers?
Ya, pretty much. And Megaman gone hill has nothing to do with it, look at sales for 3rd party franchises. Out of likely franchises, Final Fantasy is the best selling series, but none of their mains games have been on a Nintendo system since VI. So you can basically scratch that off your list. ;)

Grand Theft Auto had a GBA game=GBA game.

Next is Sonic, who is the obvious the most likely and probably the best choice.

Then we got Resident Evil, which is run by Capcom, who's mascot is Megaman.

Then we got Street Fighter, which is the same as Resident Evil.

Then we got Megaman, the mascot of Capcom.

Then we got Metal Gear [Solid], with Snake confirmed.

Then we got Kingdom Hearts, who we all know Sora is the star, who starred in a GBA Kingdom Hearts game.

^^^ Proof that units sold has something to do with it. ;) These stats tell me that Sonic and Megaman are the best canidates for Brawl. Add in the fact Megaman is more reconizable than ANY Street Fighter or Resident Evil character, he's more desired, and has a much bigger fanbase I'd say he's probably in Brawl. Sonic goes without being said, more reconizable then basically any 3rd party character [even Final Fantasy characters! *gasp!*], has a much bigger fanbase, and is the most desired character by a massively enormous amount, and he's pretty badly wanted.

It would be unwise for Sega to disappoint us after all the crap Sonic games we've gotten since after SA. And for Capcom, every Megaman fan basically wants to see the blue bomber himself, pure and original return, and Brawl is the perfect oppurtunity for him to shine. ;)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
uh john, you forgot bomberman
His sales kill him, and from wat wiki said his entire series hasn't even sold 10 million units=all those sold 10 million units plus.

Sonic, has 45 million or so

Resident Evil, about 30 I belive [I'm probably wrong]

Street Figher, a bit over 20 million

Megaman, around 20 million

Kingdom Hearts, around 11 million

Sorry, but I think that due to lack of sales of the series [which it still sells well] compared to other series, lack of Bomberman pro-Brawl fanbase [he does have a decent sized fanbase btw, just not compared to the big three=Sonic, Megaman, and Geno], etc. But if he'd make it, I will be SUPER HAPPY, for sure! :)

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
eh, i don't think sales matter so much with bomberman. nintendo is buddy buddy with hudson and bomberman has been in a crossover with wario and snake. the only reason why his sales are low is because hudson does not try to market the character. i mean compared to the number of sonic and megaman games out there, bomberman pales in comparrison. but remember also that allot of those megaman and sonic games were ****, so bomberman's lack of games is a blessing and a curse. the only problem with him is hudson has not figured out how to sucessfully transfer him to 3d yet. brawl could help this however.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
eh, i don't think sales matter so much with bomberman. nintendo is buddy buddy with hudson and bomberman has been in a crossover with wario and snake. the only reason why his sales are low is because hudson does not try to market the character. i mean compared to the number of sonic and megaman games out there, bomberman pales in comparrison. but remember also that allot of those megaman and sonic games were ****, so bomberman's lack of games is a blessing and a curse. the only problem with him is hudson has not figured out how to sucessfully transfer him to 3d yet. brawl could help this however.
But Shigeru Miyamoto and Sakurai even said Sonic was the most desired character, and they were talking with Sega about him being in Brawl. Face it, Bomberman's fanbase is microscopic compared to Sonic, and who cares about recent games man=??? Sonic is more reconizable, more important in gaming, has a massive fanbase, is the most desired character for Brawl, and is heavily more wanted in Brawl than not.

If Sega doesn't want Sonic in, he's not in [or at least not until Sega's headquarters is burned to the ground by angry fanboys]. If they do, he's in=same with Megaman, minus basically being forced to put him in Brawl by fanbases.. Only way I see Bomberman is if two of the three big three removed [Sonic, Megaman, Geno]. And btw, the Sonic series' sales outsell the Bomberman series well over 5 to 1. Don't give up on Bomberman, he still has somewat of a chance. I love Bomberman btw! ;)

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i aknoladge that bomberman paled in comparrison to sonic and i know that he is practically in even though it would be hilarious if he wasn't. and believe it or not but geno is owned by square and square is not the best company to deal with. and geno has a cult fanbase while bomberman is more recognizable. plus sakurai said around one or two, which to me translates to 3.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
I don't know, knowing Sakurai 1 or 2 can mean 1 or 2 franchises(3-6 characters), or screw the fans only Snake. I love Sakurai and Miyamoto, but they can really screw the fans over when they try.

Bomberman IMO has great chances, considering he is completely bad@$$, huge fan base, he freakin has bombs so his moveset is solid, and he looks tight. 2 of those were opinionated, but so what, he rules.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Oh, by the way, time to start of Falco. I love him. I would sacrifice someone else's life to have him in the next game. Regardless of whether his moves or style changes, he will be a main of mine. If he was worse than Pichu, the worst character in the game(even ask Timmy or Tommy), I will main him.

Falco is the best star fox rep from the original four after Fox, he is totally awesome, he's not a mammal so he'll be less like Fox than Crystal or Wolf, and he has a big fanbase. I can't picture his exclusion any more than I can picture Sakurai being thrown into a river while tied up with breaks weighting him down....

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
i aknoladge that bomberman paled in comparrison to sonic and i know that he is practically in even though it would be hilarious if he wasn't. and believe it or not but geno is owned by square and square is not the best company to deal with. and geno has a cult fanbase while bomberman is more recognizable. plus sakurai said around one or two, which to me translates to 3.
Square has their second biggest series [Dragon Quest] coming to the DS and Wii, instead of Sony systems. Square Enix and Nintendo have good relations, but not as good as Hudson, no doubt. ;)

And Falco&Victory, I'm like 9 steps ahead of you. I've sacrficed half of Hollywood, 9 trees, and 4 bushes so Falco will return.

;)

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
Square has their second biggest series [Dragon Quest] coming to the DS and Wii, instead of Sony systems. Square Enix and Nintendo have good relations, but not as good as Hudson, no doubt. ;)

And Falco&Victory, I'm like 9 steps ahead of you. I've sacrficed half of Hollywood, 9 trees, and 4 bushes so Falco will return.

;)
remember however that we are talking about geno and not square as a whole. geno has only appeared in two games, while bomberman has appeared in over 60. geno's fanbase is what you would call a cult fanbase, while bomberman is a very wide and diverse fanbase.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
I've sacrificed all that is morale in the government for his inclusion. The was is a front to smuggle money and bubble-gum to Nintendo headquarters.

Anyway, Square Enix cares too much about the money, and don't realize keeping better relations with Nintendo would be a big earner. Hudson just wants people to love Bomberman lol.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
exactly, square is a ***** to deal with, and even though sakurai is interested in geno, he might think twice when he goes to get the rights to him

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Sakurai might have to sacrifice the other half of hollywood to get Geno in the game.

Yeah, I would love to see Geno's inclusion, but he may just turn into an AT if Nintendo borrows Isaac or someone else.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I've sacrificed all that is morale in the government for his inclusion. The was is a front to smuggle money and bubble-gum to Nintendo headquarters.

Anyway, Square Enix cares too much about the money, and don't realize keeping better relations with Nintendo would be a big earner. Hudson just wants people to love Bomberman lol.
Then why is Dragon Quest, their second biggest series coming out ONLY on Nintendo systmes=??? Why did they let Geno have a recent cameo apperance, and why have they made a Final Fantasy game on basically every Nintendo system [minus the N64...maybe the GB or BGC]=??? IDK, I think you're kinda exagerating saying they have bad relations. IF Square relized how big Geno's [or Crono's] fanbase is, they'd put him in Brawl, for sure.

@ ClarkJables
But if the whole series hasn't even sold 10 million units in 60 games, that means the average Bomberman game doesn't even sell 160,000 units. I can almost guarentee every Sonic game sold more, so saying that doesn't mean much. However, the relations between Hudson and Nintendo are good [great point, btw], so that alone is the only reason I'd ever see Bomberman have a chance of being playable in Brawl IMO. ;)

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Yeah, Square Enix is one cunning b@st@rd, isn't it?

Seriously though, Square Enix enjoys their independance. Several times in the past few years they have refused to close deals because there wasn't enough profit for them or because they just didn't want to. They're also notorious for canceling and delaying games sometimes. They probably will have an inclusion in the game, but as to who that is remains to be seen.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
actually the main bomberman series only has 36 games, which can explain the lack of sales, there just aren't as many games as the sonic series. note that i said that bomberman appeared in over 60, not there were over 60 bomberman games. but that is irregardless to the topic at hand. we aren't talking about bomberman and sonic, we are talking about bomberman and geno. geno has had a pc role in 1 game, and a cameo in another. he has a cult fanbase, bomberman on the other hand has APPEARED in over 60 games, making him allot more well known then geno AND giving him a larger fanbase then geno. and marketing a game to one system does not mean they are buddy buddy. right now the wii and ds are selling like hotcakes, and dragonquest can be considered a game that kids would get into, so they figured marketing it there they could make more money then they could if it was xbobx 360 exclusive. now i could see if nintendo trusted them with a hit series like oh i don't know... MARIO PARTY. but marketing a game to one system does not mean buddy buddy

Dynamism

Smash Lord

YES! I LOVE BOMBERMAN!

3rd party characters suck >_>

Reno>

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps, everyone should check out the King Ganonidas Boss thread. It's not stupid like the other threads.

Top Bottom