• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can anybody explain to me, WHY AM I SEEING COMPLETELY STUPID CHARACTER IDEAS?

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
I meant in Brawl. Overall he sucks, grabs/range/moveset/weight.

Don't argue with me on that. Just say you disagree because I know he sucks.
I'm not disagreeing about whether Kirby sucks (in the sense of being bad), but rather that you've assumed so about Brawl. Unless you meant Melee, in which case, yes, he's a lower-tier character, invalidating him from competitive play. But it still doesn't mean he sucks.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I'm doing what this thread was intended to do. I was DISCUSSING which character ideas I disliked.

Go defend your characters in there own thread.

The fact is, I'm in the right thread. You aren't. Thus, you are just antagonizing the whole situation.
No, you aren't. You're saying, "I hate this character," and that's it. I already showed you how to have a discussion, and you aren't doing it.

The thread is called "Can anybody explain to me, WHY AM I SEEING COMPLETELY STUPID CHARACTER IDEAS?" not "Come here and bash any character idea you want without giving any real reason why. Insults are a bonus!"

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
I'm doing what this thread was intended to do. I was DISCUSSING which character ideas I disliked.

The fact is, I'm in the right thread. You aren't. Thus, you are just antagonizing the whole situation.
...no. No, no, no, no, no you are not. Why don't both of you take this argument or discussion or whatever you people call it in the Ridley thread. This thread is about stupid characters who pretty much have NO chance of being in Brawl and all you're saying is "I don't think Ridley would be a good idea."

Why don't you go there instead, because now more than half of this thread has become debate about Ridley AND other stupid things.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion

You bashed Ridley though. You didn't simply say, "Oh, I don't really care for him." People are entitled to their opinions, yes, but when you're a total *** who believes your opinion is right and everyone else's is wrong, then people have the right to be pissed at you.

If anyone is an immature kid here, it's you buddy.

hectichobo

Smash Ace

The fact is, I'm... Really Truely Gay, And i love the idea of pauline in Brawl, Expectially as a pC or AT... I like Michale Jackson... And his son blanket...
Really... You didn't have to tell us that.. Seriously.... It's Okay dude...Even though your gay... I still hate you...

flicker

Smash Journeyman
I'm not disagreeing about whether Kirby sucks (in the sense of being bad), but rather that you've assumed so about Brawl. Unless you meant Melee, in which case, yes, he's a lower-tier character, invalidating him from competitive play. But it still doesn't mean he sucks.
Alright, you make a good point. If he is buffed in Brawl then he'll no doubt be okay. But if not, it'll be even more less played than in Melee which pretty much nullifies his existence.

Except for the stages that have the Multiple Kirbies which we **** with Up+B.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Really... You didn't have to tell us that.. Seriously.... It's Okay dude...Even though your gay... I still hate you...
You misquoting people and calling them gay is not going to help, you know?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
...no. No, no, no, no, no you are not. Why don't both of you take this argument or discussion or whatever you people call it in the Ridley thread. This thread is about stupid characters who pretty much have NO chance of being in Brawl and all you're saying is "I don't think Ridley would be a good idea."
I agree. In the earlier pages, I agreed to how there were a lot of dumb suggestions (that is, the ones that have zero chance to get in), and I also explained why certain characters weren't dumb suggestions.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
You bashed Ridley though. You didn't simply say, "Oh, I don't really care for him." People are entitled to their opinions, yes, but when you're a total *** who believes your opinion is right and everyone else's is wrong, then people have the right to be pissed at you.

If anyone is an immature kid here, it's you buddy.
How did I bash ridley? I said he is badass and I am a metroid fanboy.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i think the zombies from thriller should get in over michael jackson, but niether of them have a chance so i shouldn't really be posting this

oh and btw vagrant thats a complete lie you just posted

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
Okay. Immature and lame. You're quickly gaining a notorioty status, I fear. Advice, thyping takes even longer and even more thought that speaking, so you have plenty of time to get your brain in gear before a random outburst happens. I would love for you to try it.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Guess what? I'm pulling emergency evasive maneuver 3A. This thread is now about topic

CYGNUS BUCCINATOR (TRUMPETER SWAN)

The trumpeter swan is a water fowl most commonly found in the northern regions of North America. It's call is said to sound similar to that of a french horn. The trumpeter swan was featured in the 1971 EB White book and 2001 film adaptation "The Trumpet of the Swan" in which most of the main characters were swans living in Montana, including the main character, Louie, a mute swan who plays a trumpet. Now that's badass.

Discuss.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
How did I bash ridley? I said he is badass and I am a metroid fanboy.
You did it in another thread (which was off topic there, too). Then you came here and did the same thing. Go to the Ridley thread. You're not a Metroid fan if you don't think Ridley should be in Brawl. May I ask what Metroid character you support? If you say Dark Samus, I will die laughing.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
I agree. In the earlier pages, I agreed to how there were a lot of dumb suggestions (that is, the ones that have zero chance to get in), and I also explained why certain characters weren't dumb suggestions.
You know, it was partly your fault that the pointless argument...discussion...whatever started. You thought that Vagrant said that Ridley was a kiddie character, and BAM! I wasted one hour of my life.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
ehhh...he's the dude i quoted about Pauline in the first post.....

HAH, what's that tell ya.
Listen Up you *** *** Mother ******* **** Lickin **** S*cking Mother ******* F**GGET ****** IM NOT GONNA TAKE YOU BS ABOUT PAULINE!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

the grim lizard

Smash Master
You know, it was partly your fault that the pointless argument...discussion...whatever started. You thought that Vagrant said that Ridley was a kiddie character, and BAM! I wasted one hour of my life.
Actually, no. I even went back to see how it started. Please don't say such things unless you verify them. Go back yourself and see where it took off.

Go to page 4.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Guess what? I'm pulling emergency evasive maneuver 3A. This thread is now about topic

CYGNUS BUCCINATOR (TRUMPETER SWAN)

The trumpeter swan is a water fowl most commonly found in the northern regions of North America. It's call is said to sound similar to that of a french horn. The trumpeter swan was featured in the 1971 EB White book and 2001 film adaptation "The Trumpet of the Swan" in which most of the main characters were swans living in Montana, including the main character, Louie, a mute swan who plays a trumpet. Now that's badass.

Discuss.
*Ahem* Stop the flamefest! We're talking about swans now!

flicker

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I know Metroid fans who find Ridley a "bad addition" and a "flying Bowser clone"

Let him say what he wants. Its just an online discussion. And for the third time, he never said RIDLEY was kiddie. He said he didn't want kiddie characters and then said Ridley would be a bad choice all int he same reply.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
Actually, that's not what you said. But nice try at trying to be a moving target...

Aren't you late for your awesome lake party?
Actually it is what I said. Do you want me to get the quote or do you want to find it yourself?

And it's a party, there will be people there all night. I don't go drinking at 8:30.

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I know Metroid fans who find Ridley a "bad addition" and a "flying Bowser clone"

Let him say what he wants. Its just an online discussion. And for the third time, he never said RIDLEY was kiddie. He said he didn't want kiddie characters and then said Ridley would be a bad choice all int he same reply.
But did he not also say in a single sentence that anyone who wants Ridley is an idiot or young and... was it senseless? Noobish? Whatever the case, given his previous mentions of kiddie characters, I think it's been interpreted that only kids would want Ridley in Brawl, and thus he's a kiddie character. It's definiitely a connotation that can be derived.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
They aren't Metroid fans. A Metroid fan would know that Bowser and Ridley are worlds apart other than size.
I guess you wanted me to find it.

I actually JUST built a new PC for bioshock and crysis.

And I have no problem with ridley. He is badass. He just has no place in smash bros. As far as flying goes, Pit is already cutting it.
If you interpret that as me calling him kiddy, then you need to put down the rock pipe.

Top Bottom