• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can anybody explain to me, WHY AM I SEEING COMPLETELY STUPID CHARACTER IDEAS?

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
vagrant you have said that a character should get in because you don't like him, look at the stafy thread

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Except all you post is. "He shouldn't be in. He's kiddy." Fine, argue who you don't want, but actually make a point instead of lame insults and repeating your general distaste for someone.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
Except all you post is. "He shouldn't be in. He's kiddy." Fine, argue who you don't want, but actually make a point instead of lame insults and repeating your general distaste for someone.
I didn't say any of them shouldn't be in. I said I think they shouldn't be in. And that is the point. My point was what my opinion was.

This is an opinion thread, deal with it.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Or tell the fanboys to not troll this thread.

If you guys want to have threads to discuss why you want certain characters, then don't get pissy when there is a thread that discusses why they don't want certain characters.

And Ridley being scaled down would just degrade Ridley.
Could you please just come to the Ridley thread? I'm sure we can change your mind.

And how would scaling down Ridley degrade him? How the hell can you degrade a fictional video game character? Oh right, SEGA did that to Sonic. That's how you do it.. nevermind...

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Wait, I'm just curious: Vagrant, do you think that only kids want stupid character in Brawl?

Just wondering...

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
I'm just shocked when I find out that some n00b is actually years older than me.

Is this what society has come down to?
Well anyone who says "n00b" probably has a lot of people older than them :(

well you never say otherwise so all you are doing is proving his point
The kids making lame suggestions referred to Stafy, Derimu etc.

There are plenty of other suggestions I find lame that are probably originated by an adult.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Naturally the Grim has to support all of the ******* characters. Because that is the only way he can maintain hope for Ridley.
I prefer the ones that these 14 year olds keep making for these extremely kiddish looking characters.
If any of these little kiddie characters get in brawl I'm selling my wii and buying a new graphics card.
Until the 10 year olds show me proof that there parents gave them express persmission to join this forum I could care less.

"COPPA Policy

All users under the age of 13 must seek permission from their parent or guardian in order to gain membership of the Smash World Forums forums. While we welcome participation from members under 13, we require that a parent or guardian fax or mail back a signed permission form before we grant membership."
Yep, just harmless opinions. And you do a great job of "discussing," too...

Jackal478

Smash Ace
So you guys are still going at it?

It's strange to see such a gap between the ********-character supporters and the Literal Brain-kids

love my exquiste vocabulario don't you fine chap? ;D

Jackal478

Smash Ace
I'm just shocked when I find out that some n00b is actually years older than me.

Is this what society has come down to?

Well, yeah, that's kinda what I asked you. Do you think that kids make stupid suggestions?
Well, i'm very mature and stuff. I'm not some booger-picking hard-head

the grim lizard

Smash Master
My entire point is that it's rude to bash every other single person's idea without providing any yourself.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion

It's strange to see such a gap between the ********-character supporters and the Literal Brain-kids

It's because the douche won't take his argument to the Ridley thread. Rather, he is going to troll this thread and call everyone kids. Sorry to spam in your thread, but I have defend the big purple pwnanator.

the grim lizard

Smash Master

Congrats on the thread...um...success btw, too.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
and if he is so much older then us, why does he waste his adult time hanging out on the web bashing kids, sounds like someone with no life...

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
*sigh* Why can't we all get along instead of bashing each other over our opinions and a giant purple...dragon...thing?

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
and if he is so much older then us, why does he waste his adult time hanging out on the web bashing kids, sounds like someone with no life...
Honestly? I'm waiting for my friend Johnny to get off work so we can head to this chicks going away party and then we are going to another party at a lake.

This thread is to discuss ideas we don't like. Deal with it.

It's because the douche won't take his argument to the Ridley thread. Rather, he is going to troll this thread and call everyone kids. Sorry to spam in your thread, but I have defend the big purple pwnanator.
This thread is to discuss character ideas we don't like. So technically aren't you guys the ones trolling?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
You realize you are taking that last quote horrendously out of context right?

this thread is to discuss character suggestions we don't like. If you don't want to hear such, don't stay in this thread.
I think it's actually to bash on stupid character ideas, not necessarily ones you disagree with.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
And I don't think that many people consider Ridley to be a stupid suggestion...

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Honestly? I'm waiting for my friend Johnny to get off work so we can head to this chicks going away party and then we are going to another party at a lake.
Yeah, you're so cool....

Then discuss! You've yet to do it.

This thread is to discuss character ideas we don't like. So technically aren't you guys the ones trolling?
No.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
this thread is to discuss character suggestions we don't like. If you don't want to hear such, don't stay in this thread.

yes, discussing, not randomly throwing around insults. if you want to throw character hate around, i denounce windwaker link, pichu, doc mario, and all clone movesets.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
yes, discussing, not randomly throwing around insults. if you want to throw character hate around, i denounce windwaker link, pichu, doc mario, and all clone movesets.

Are you worried we might hurt the character's feelings?

And Lucario is the only pokemon who should be added, PERIOD.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion

Tingle blows. He's short, he's fat, you can see his genitalia through his tights, he pretends to be a fairy, he was disowned by his father at an early age, and I don't think he couldn't fight very well because I'm pretty sure he's gay.

Tingle shouldn't be in Brawl. The only people who think he'd be a good character are middle aged metro sexual men or fourteen year old Legend of Zelda fanboys that play the ocarina in their school marching band.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Tamatoe Tomatoe.
No there's a difference that anybody can see.

Master Cheif = Stupid idea.

Sonic = Idea that I disagree with.

There's a difference between a character you don't want in the game, and one that really shouldn't be in the game.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
Tingle blows. He's short, he's fat, you can see his genitalia through his tights, he pretends to be a fairy, he was disowned by his father at an early age, and I don't think he couldn't fight very well because I'm pretty sure he's gay.

Tingle shouldn't be in Brawl. The only people who think he'd be a good character are middle aged metro sexual men or fourteen year old Legend of Zelda fanboys that play the ocarina in their school marching band.
Not sure why you quoted me. I never said he would be a good character.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
For someone so old, you really aren't very well versed in how the world works. When you discuss something you say "I think _____ because ______" and "Well, I disgree because ___________." You make points; you give responses and counterpoints. You don't just say "I hate all of these characters because thy're kiddie, and all of you are like 12." You give your suggestions, too, not just bashing on other peoples'.

For your sake, I would have denied being so old because it's just said that someone your age is so ignorant of social etiquettes.

flicker

Smash Journeyman
I actually like Lucario for some reason. I'll never use him for sure, but he seems like a reasonable addition.

Good H2H combat. Possible range with Aura Sphere. Popularity from the 8th movie and he can TALK!

Before you say anything, Meowth is a *****.

Top Bottom