• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can anybody explain to me, WHY AM I SEEING COMPLETELY STUPID CHARACTER IDEAS?

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
Saying you see "no way he would be in the game without completely looking out of place" means you have a limited imagination or limited brain capacity. It's really not an insult unless you take it as one. Tell me, what character in Melee actually looked in place?
Every single one of them who walk upright on TWO legs and have an opposable finger and have the ability to speak.

Wow, that's just sad. Just so you know...most of us are of age around here. You're just making yourself look like a complete tool
Which is why when I made those other comments about "kids" I checked their profile first. And you are overusing the insult "tool" and you clearly don't even understand what it means :(

So bitter.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Every single one of them who walk upright on four legs and have an opposable finger and have the ability to speak.
Pikachu, Pichu, and Jigglypuff can't talk.

I suppose you want them gone?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Every single one of them who walk upright on four legs and have an opposable finger and have the ability to speak.
Four legs? I'll assume you meant two.

Wow, all of them, huh? How about Bowser, Yoshi, DK, Link, Kirby, Jigglypuff, Pikachu, Pichu, G&W...

And how is Ridley not able to do those things anyway??

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
I prefer the ones that these 14 year olds keep making for these extremely kiddish looking characters.
Tell me Vagrant, what's it like to know it all?

Seriously, get over yourself. You're probably a 12-year-old wanting to sound super cool.
Or..OR. I'm 21 and I hate little kids.

If I sound super cool it's purely unintentional I assure.
Oh, uh, just want to get this out, but, um, I'm 13 years old.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
By can't talk, I meant aren't voiced. The pokemon may not speak english but they certainly speak a language and are even voiced by real people.

But yes, I wouldn't mind if they were gone.
Okay then, what about Bowser and Mr. Game and Watch?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Which is why when I made those other comments about "kids" I checked their profile first. And you are overusing the insult "tool" and you clearly don't even understand what it means :(

So bitter.
And yet you applied it to me, too. Not only that, but you said it as a general statement. Yes, I actually do know what it means. Plus I only used it like twice. And I'm not bitter. Speaking of overusing words...do you even know what that means?

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
Okay then, what about Bowser and Mr. Game and Watch?
Game and Watch blows hard.

Bowser is a slow turtle like guy who is legendary in gaming. Big difference from the quick FLYING prehistoric like creature that is Ridley.

And yes grim I am very well aware of what "bitter" means. This isn't the first time I have heard an outcry of whinage due to disagreeing with characters.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
This won't turn into a series of personal attacks, right? Right?

the grim lizard

Smash Master

Bowser is a slow turtle like guy who is legendary in gaming. Big difference from the quick FLYING prehistoric like creature that is Ridley.
Oh, and Ridley isn't? He's been around just as long as Bowser, smart guy.

And yes grim I am very well aware of what "bitter" means. This isn't the first time I have heard an outcry of whinage due to disagreeing with characters.
That's because you are a Negative Nancy who accepts no good ideas.

You know, you may as well just sell your Wii and not buy Brawl because you're setting yourself up for disappointment. All of these characters you are bashing are going to be in. And that will be hilarious. I'll save a special laugh for you on that day.

EVEN NOW i find Snake to be out-of-place IMO ..... HE IS OUT OF PLACE!!!

.....did that stop him from being in the game?
Agreed. I wish they'd never let 3rd parties in...including that lamer Sonic. Then we wouldn't get noobs in here like this guy.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
Why? Because you aren't the center of the friggin universe. Just because your opinion disagrees with other people doesn't automatically give you the right to throw a fit about how you're seeing a bunch of "stupid" character threads. Hell, I hate WW Link, Tingle, Master Chief, Normal Midna, ect ad naseum, but do you hear me complaining about it? No. I voice my opinion once and move on, NOT CREATE A SEPARATE THREAD TO THROW A FIT ABOUT IT!!!

EDIT: Sorry, this is for the first post in the thread :)

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
EVEN NOW i find Snake to be out-of-place IMO ..... HE IS OUT OF PLACE!!!

.....did that stop him from being in the game?
Exactly. If he can make it in, why can't a "FLYING prehistoric like creature that is Ridley" make it in? Because he can't speak?

You don't have to talk to be able to beat the crap out of the Nintendo characters you know and love. Or hate.

flicker

Smash Journeyman
Its not the fact G&W is more legendary than Bowser (Which actually he isn't not. Age doesn't mean something is more popular.)

It's the fact "G&W blows hard." Which we all know, whether we want to admit it or not.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Exactly. If he can make it in, why can't a "FLYING prehistoric like creature that is Ridley" make it in? Because he can't speak?
Actually, Ridley can speak. And he has.

Its not the fact G&W is more legendary than Bowser (Which actually he isn't not. Age doesn't mean something is more popular.)

It's the fact "G&W blows hard." Which we all know, whether we want to admit it or not.
legendary =/= popular, fyi. G&W is legendary.

How can we "know" something that isn't true??

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Agreed. I wish they'd never let 3rd parties in...including that lamer Sonic. Then we wouldn't get noobs in here like this guy.
Yeah, but I'm sure that Sonic will probably make it in. And that will be hilarious. I'll save a special laugh for you on that day.

Just forget that I said that. I'll shut up.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Yeah, but I'm not going around saying he won't be in and he's out of place and I won't buy it if he's in...

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i found him enjoyable, he just needs some tweaking like mewtwo and he'll be great. who doesn't like throwing bacon at people

the grim lizard

Smash Master
You managed to call Sonic lame and use the term "noob" in the same post!

Stop being bitter kid. I'm sorry you don't agree with my opinions. Deal with it.
Wow, you've abandoned just making dumb posts and are now just attempting to insult me. :bigthumbu

I'm going to start keeping a count of the number of times you use "bitter." Go buy a thesaurus or something.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

G@W is nintendo's original character, and his appearence in melee proves he's still loved. personally, G@W for brawl, and with the characters you want, you are going to be a very sad little man on december third.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
Wow, you've abandoned just making dumb posts and are now just attempting to insult me. :bigthumbu

I'm going to start keeping a count of the number of times you use "bitter." Go buy a thesaurus or something.
Why are you still so angry? And how did I insult you?

G@W is nintendo's original character, and his appearence in melee proves he's still loved. personally, G@W for brawl, and with the characters you want, you are going to be a very sad little man on december third.
Yes he is loved. By Japan. I'm not Japanese. I think he blows.

Private Zulen

Smash Apprentice
The fact that people in this world actually think Geno will be in Brawl proves how far society has fallen.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
He hates all characters except Sonic. And he fancies his opinion as more important than all of SWF because we're a bunch of 12-year-olds...

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Both of you guys are acting like kids. Just stop arguing so we can continue to discuss the topic that I already forget because of the two of you bickering.

Private Zulen

Smash Apprentice
Ridley's a huge beast that flies. It's like 10 times as big as Samus, and Samus is one of the larger competitors in Melee. You seriously think Ridley's gonna be playable?

Edit: Actually, Red's right. I've had arguments with people about Brawl's roster, and it never gets anywhere.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Yes he is loved. By Japan. I'm not Japanese. I think he blows.
well, the only reason jiggly made it through melee was because of his japanese popularity. he had zip here. besides, the game is MADE by the japanese, it won't be influenced by this entire boards opinion, let alone yours.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
Why are you being a troll? And you didn't insult me, I said you attempted to. It would be pretty sad if I took anything you said as an insult...
You kind of insulted yourself by calling me a "noob."

This isn't World of Warcraft, noone here is going to find that cool.

And keep in mind I didn't start this thread. And you are the one who came in it so you could go on a righteous spiel defending your championed characters. So I fail to see how I am trolling.

well, the only reason jiggly made it through melee was because of his japanese popularity. he had zip here. besides, the game is MADE by the japanese, it won't be influenced by this entire boards opinion, let alone yours.
What? What does that have to do with anything? Who said my opinion influenced anything? I never said anyone mentioned here wouldn't be added simply because I don't like them.

I am giving my opinion on characters I don't like. That is the purpose of this thread.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
How am I being annoying? Vagrant is calling everyone little kids who supports any character at all.

*sniff* *sniff*
Smell that? It smells like SmashYou6666...

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Ridley's a huge beast that flies. It's like 10 times as big as Samus, and Samus is one of the larger competitors in Melee. You seriously think Ridley's gonna be playable?

Edit: Actually, Red's right. I've had arguments with people about Brawl's roster, and it never gets anywhere.
The only game he is that big in is Metroid Prime. In every 2D Metroid game, he is roughly twice the size of Samus, making him around the size that Bowser is in Melee. Any character can be resized to fit in Smash anyway. Your argument doesn't make any sense.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
Everyone take this battle to the Ridley thread. We can argue and bicker there.
Or tell the fanboys to not troll this thread.

If you guys want to have threads to discuss why you want certain characters, then don't get pissy when there is a thread that discusses why they don't want certain characters.

And Ridley being scaled down would just degrade Ridley.

Top Bottom