• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can anybody explain to me, WHY AM I SEEING COMPLETELY STUPID CHARACTER IDEAS?

D

Deleted member

Hey, before we knew about Brawl, and someone suggested Solid Snake as a PC in SSB3, what would everyone say?
Good point.

I have nothing against people's ideas, as long as said ideas are not about a middle aged man who dresses like a bad cosplayer, and rides a balloon.

cccck

Smash Journeyman
yes. he is the worst suggestion ever.

worst ever:

1.c.olimar
2.mr.resetti
3.tom nook
4.triple d
5.simon belmont

remember this is just MY opnion.
What is wrong with Simon belmont? there are tons of moves for him... and he is cool... just wondering...
the rest are not very good, Olimar was not thought of most likely, AC needs no one, and who is triple D?

Crazy Ace 01

Smash Apprentice
The mindless bantering this thread contains makes me want to saw off the top of my head, rip out my brain, place it in a blender, and press the liquefy button. I weep for the future.

metallic shadow

Smash Apprentice
What is wrong with Simon belmont? there are tons of moves for him... and he is cool... just wondering...
the rest are not very good, Olimar was not thought of most likely, AC needs no one, and who is triple D?
triple d=king dedede
please dont start to give this thread
20 pages just because i hate triple d.
once again thats just my opnion.

whats wrong with belmont you ask?
he lowers sonics chances of getting in.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
Yeah, kids totally skip the policies/lie about their age. Gives you complete permission to call them useless ****heads for supposing a character might be in a videogame.

...Edit: And kids between 13 and 15 are somehow okay to flame because they're obviously not going to say anything unreasonable now that they're beginning puberty? The hell?
Glad you agree.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Hey, I made a thread vouching for Doku from Ninja Gaiden, even though he has a very small chance of getting in. Mostly because Doku only appeared on the XBox version.

Ryu stands more of a chance, since he appeared on the NES and all, but still, postulating about characters is fun, no matter how ridiculous they are.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I agree, but we are all just trying to pass the time until brawl comes out, and if you just played SSB, would you really believe that there is a mr.GaW/ Ice Climbers?

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Good point.
See? If someone said "Snake Should be in Super Smash Bros 3!!" more than a year ago, people would be "YOU IS TEH STUPIDZ!!!"

The only stupid character suggestions are the ones who have ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE of getting in Brawl, like Master Chief and other Sony and Microsoft characters, anime characters... etc.

D

Deleted member

The mindless bantering this thread contains makes me want to saw off the top of my head, rip out my brain, place it in a blender, and press the liquefy button. I weep for the future.
Sir, I tip my metaphorical hat to you. That quote is made of win, and will go in my sig oneday.

On topic, most, if not all, of the characters suggested here WILL NEVER BE IN BRAWL. Sad, but true. We're just mainly suggesting what a kickass game it would be if they were included.

Heck, its alot better than the Naruto/Sephiroth ideas I've seen banded around in other places.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
i think people need to distinguish between characters that are stupid and ones that you simply don't like. if you flame someone that is defending a plausible character simply cause you don't like them you are being as bad as people who can't fathom possible characters. so please don't use "he's cool" or "i can't imagine him" as reasons. when you debate a character's probability you must look past that and see their importance to nintendo and their competition in their category/franchise

sorry for the nonspaced word wall i'm typing on my wii so i can,t see when the lines end

the grim lizard

Smash Master
yes. he is the worst suggestion ever.

worst ever:

1.c.olimar
2.mr.resetti
3.tom nook
4.triple d
5.simon belmont

remember this is just MY opnion.
i agreed Stafy wtf that is a lame character
and little mac too
I am SO glad dumb people like you aren't making this game. A tip, when you say "worst suggestions ever" it doesn't offset it by saying "oh, that's just my opinion..."

I honestly don't know what kinds of characters you people want since you clearly hate the most unique ones of all. Do you want Master Chief or Crash Bandicoot or Waluigi or something? Seriously, I'm tired of these know-nothing Negative Nancies.

King Dedede has more personality than just about any character suggestion there has ever been, not to mention the fact that he is Kirby's foe that has appeared in nearly every one of his games. Captain Olimar would be the most unique character in Smash ever. Just use your brains for once. How he could use Pikmin...that concept is completely different from any other character. Stafy is another charcter who has loads of personality. He's popular, and his games are very enjoyable. He would also be a very unique character. And how can you rip on Little Mac? He's a classic retro. Sakurai loves those, and we've never really had an all-out boxer type. "Well, what would he do since he can only punch?" Well, Fox only kicked. The only time he uses his hands is for the first two parts of his A attack. Mac would also bring some personality and uniqueness to the roster.

Seriously, based on the types of characters you guys are rejecting (interesting characters who have a legitimate shot of getting in)...I can only imagine that you want Sakurai to fill the roster of boring, over-used, mundane characters who all generally play the same as every other character. Instead of constantly bashing on actually good suggestions, how about you give your own characters you want in so we can bash on those? It's not really fare to criticize others without making yourself vulnerable as well.

The only stupid character suggestions are the ones who have ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE of getting in Brawl, like Master Chief and other Sony and Microsoft characters, anime characters... etc.
Listen to this man.

flicker

Smash Journeyman
HAHA. I would agree, most of the better people that play smash are here. But, we have people like the TC of the "MC should be in SSBB" too.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Naturally the Grim has to support all of the ******* characters. Because that is the only way he can maintain hope for Ridley.
Got something to say? Come into the Ridley thread and say that.

First, I would like to know how Ridley is a "kiddie character." There aren't even words to express how dumb you are. And again...what characters do you support? It's easy to criticize, but hard to actually give a suggestion, eh?

If any of these little kiddie characters get in brawl I'm selling my wii and buying a new graphics card.
What charters are you referring to anyway?? Prepare to sell your Wii then. You don't deserve it anyway.

EDIT: I just saw your name...Tingle?!!!?! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
You've GOT to be kidding...Is there a more kiddie character than he??

Bendu

Smash Journeyman
Actually from what I've observed, there's a far more annoying trend on this forum:

All the posters who will shoot down an original (Duck Hunt Dog is not a WTF, but a WTFTWBAT [What The **** That Would Be Awesome Though]) idea because it's chances are slim (which just makes it a terrible idea, amirite?), and because only the bad A characters like Ridley get to be in, and whatever most recent American Fire Emblem character they want (because the most modern is the most important, ALWAYS, and the Japanese don't really have an opinion, right?)

Diddy Kong and King Dedede are great character choices because they're some of the most iconic characters in two of the most underrepresented franchises in Smash.

Stafy and Captain Olimar in particular are good character ideas, because they don't represent the new games from the established franchises you all drool over. But exciting, new franchises that aren't just another Zelda or another Mario or whatever new and cool installments in whatever already overrepresented bullcrap you want to see.

Duck Hunt Dog is also not a bad character hopeful. Do you even pretend to know anything about Nintendo or even video games in general? That Dog has tons of humor, nostalgia and WTF-factor to make a great Mr. Game & Watch type addition. (And I will say right now, I at the very least want an AT Dog.)

Go play some good video games, please. I have a feeling you have these views cause Super Smash Bros. is one of the few GOOD video games you HAVE played. And unconventional characters or characters you haven't heard of (unless they've already been introduced into the game) are a blasphemy. Ya, Stafy's a lot crazier to imagine fighting a guy with a sword than Kirby. Mr. Resetti's a much worse idea than Game & Watch. And fansservice Pichu is a lot easier to grasp as a character than Little Mac (who is probably the BEST out there idea.)

Get over yourself.

flicker

Smash Journeyman
Graphics cards = Two Wiis.

The 8800GTX is like 700 dollars--;

Another thing is, I want Ridley to be in SSBB. So if you hate Ridley goto the Ridley thread and get *****, don't get ***** here.

Other than that, I don't want any "kiddie" characters either. I know what you mean, characters like Buzz Lightyear or something. But, a few of these are probably going to be in it so...yeah.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
Graphics cards = Two Wiis.

The 8800GTX is like 700 dollars--;

Another thing is, I want Ridley to be in SSBB. So if you hate Ridley goto the Ridley thread and get *****, don't get ***** here.

Other than that, I don't want any "kiddie" characters either. I know what you mean, characters like Buzz Lightyear or something. But, a few of these are probably going to be in it so...yeah.
I already have an 8800 GTS. It was a joke.

And noone said Ridley was Kiddie you polesmoking crazy man Grim.

And obviously the Tingle title is just me ****ing around.

And why would I go to the thread filled with the Ridley FO BRAWL fanboys? As much as I want a flying skeletal like pteradon with arms character in Brawl...no thanks.

flicker

Smash Journeyman
Also people who want Ridley aren't "stupid" or don't know much about Metroid.

Before G&W came out, no one thought there would be a good moveset.

Ridley is just a challenge for HAL that I'd like to see them come through with.

edit\\ i have a 7950gtx for laptop :[
oh well next best thing haha.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
I actually JUST built a new PC for bioshock and crysis.

And I have no problem with ridley. He is badass. He just has no place in smash bros. As far as flying goes, Pit is already cutting it. But even in the games Pit wasn't able to maintain flight so it makes sense. As opposed to Ridley...

I see no way he wouldn't look completely out of place. He is just another example of people taking whatever characters from a video game and wanting them in brawl, regardless of whether or not he would look goofy as **** in it.

And seeing Ridley downsized would just be sad. This coming from a metroid fanboy.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
And noone said Ridley was Kiddie you polesmoking crazy man Grim.
No one except you. You said only and I quote: "the only people who think he would make a good character in brawl either know nothing about ridley or they are just young and silly."

And obviously the Tingle title is just me ****ing around.
Then tell me who you really support. Why are you avoiding the question?

And why would I go to the thread filled with the Ridley FO BRAWL fanboys? As much as I want a flying skeletal like pteradon with arms character in Brawl...no thanks.
See? This is why you are so ignorant. You assume you know everything, but you know very little. There are only a minority of people who qualify as "fanboys." Not to mention the fact that you contradicted yourself. I'll point it out since you're undoubtedly oblivious: First you say everyone who wants him knowns nothing about him, then you say the Ridley thread is full fanboys. Get your story straight. You're looking pretty dumb.

And if you don't want to be criticized about comments like that, don't make them.

Ridley is just a challenge for HAL that I'd like to see them come through with.
It won't be a challenge (in terms of a moveset). It pretty much comes with the character. Take a look at Gypsy Lee's Ridley moveset. Most of it comes from the games or from the idea that he is a big dragon.

And I have no problem with ridley. He is badass. He just has no place in smash bros. As far as flying goes, Pit is already cutting it. But even in the games Pit wasn't able to maintain flight so it makes sense. As opposed to Ridley...
Sure, now you say that. And how exactly doesn't Ridley have a place in Smash? Look, you're sounding dumb. Come to the Ridley thread if you want to be enlightened.

I see no way he wouldn't look completely out of place. He is just another example of people taking whatever characters from a video game and wanting them in brawl, regardless of whether or not he would look goofy as **** in it.

And seeing Ridley downsized would just be sad. This coming from a metroid fanboy.
It must be sad to have such a limited brain capacity.

I'd also be very curious to know how old you are. You claim you are so smart and you sound like a complete idiot. You say "yeah, all of you 10-year-olds on smashboards"...and that is the best thing you can think of.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Hmm... you know, after reading many posts in this thread (most of them VagrantWade's), I have one question to ask:

Do the characters people want in Brawl tell anything at all about them?

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
No one except you. You said only and I quote: "the only people who think he would make a good character in brawl either know nothing about ridley or they are just young and silly."

Then tell me who you really support. Why are you avoiding the question?

See? This is why you are so ignorant. You assume you know everything, but you know very little. There are only a minority of people who qualify as "fanboys." Not to mention the fact that you contradicted yourself. I'll point it out since you're undoubtedly oblivious: First you say everyone who wants him knowns nothing about him, then you say the Ridley thread is full fanboys. Get your story straight. You're looking pretty dumb.

And if you don't want to be criticized about comments like that, don't make them.

It won't be a challenge (in terms of a moveset). It pretty much comes with the character. Take a look at Gypsy Lee's Ridley moveset. Most of it comes from the games or from the idea that he is a big dragon.

Sure, now you say that. And how exactly doesn't Ridley have a place in Smash? Look, you're sounding dumb. Come to the Ridley thread if you want to be enlightened.

It must be sad to have such a limited brain capacity.
1)...and? I never said ridley was kiddie, I said the people are young and silly.

2) Short of Sonic I don't support anyone. Maybe Nights.

3) Champion someone makes you a fanboy of them. Don't be dumb that's just common sense.

4) Now I say that? I have mentioned that already IN the ridley thread. He is a pteradactyl like skeletal alien.

5) That wasn't even a point. That was just an attempt at an insult. Coincidentally all of your "points" are just sad middleschool attempts at insults :(

Stop being so bitter kid.

Pokebrawl

Smash Journeyman
Ya know, there will probably be an equal cast of "kiddie" characters and the token "cool" characters to appeal to a wide variety of gamers. I mean, we've got Snake and Pit in the same game as someone like Kirby or Pikachu. Get over it.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
Ya know, there will probably be an equal cast of "kiddie" characters and the token "cool" characters to appeal to a wide variety of gamers. I mean, we've got Snake and Pit in the same game as someone like Kirby or Pikachu. Get over it.
And? If you hate them in the game, why is it so wrong to hate them outside of the game?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Tell me Vagrant, what's it like to know it all?

Seriously, get over yourself. You're probably a 12-year-old wanting to sound super cool.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
5) That wasn't even a point. That was just an attempt at an insult. Coincidentally all of your "points" are just sad middleschool attempts at insults :(

Stop being so bitter kid.
Saying you see "no way he would be in the game without completely looking out of place" means you have a limited imagination or limited brain capacity. It's really not an insult unless you take it as one. Tell me, what character in Melee actually looked in place?

Or..OR. I'm 21 and I hate little kids.

If I sound super cool it's purely unintentional I assure.
Wow, that's just sad. Just so you know...most of us are of age around here. You're just making yourself look like a complete tool.

Pokebrawl

Smash Journeyman
Tell me Vagrant, what's it like to know it all?

Seriously, get over yourself. You're probably a 12-year-old wanting to sound super cool.
Lol! But Vagrant, it doesn't matter if matter if you hate them only that you realize the characters will be balanced. Its not just gonna be 5 different forms of Link, 6 Fire Emblem characters and 8 Golden Sun characters!

Top Bottom