• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call to Assembly - Pika conference!

N64

Smash Champion
about to staaaaaart!

IM me @ lazyalwayswins on aim

edit: That was fantastic! Thanks axe and zig for your input, and thanks vman and soju for showing up! We made good progress on the matchups, and should have a list pretty set in a couple more!

Our next meeting is next monday, same time! exclamation points!

double edit: just finished talking with chad! he's such a cool guy. We went over matchup stuff and i have interesting opinions for next pikachat! I was surprised on a number of occasions (chad shares a lot of matchup opinions I do it seems). But anyways yeah, it's super late so i'm going to bed.

N64

Smash Champion
we made progress, but want to get everything compiled first. I can however let you all know what we agreed pretty much every high tier beats pika! yay.

N64

Smash Champion
Ok, for everyone who came last week, and anyone else.

Today, monday, is another pika conference, and we will be starting off where we left off last week. Pikachat starts at 7 pacific, 8 mountain, 9 cental, 10 eastern. Message me on LazyAlwaysWins on AIM for invite! Hope to see you all there.

N64

Smash Champion
lalala i can't hear you bunbun lalalalala

practice is the best way! : D no strategy, just do it!

BunBun

Smash Master
Lol. I've been setting my damage to 55% in training mode and walking into mines at the bottom of hyrule and trying to get different angles accurately xD

AXE 09

Smash Master
Shoot, I'm sorry for that bunbun lol. Honestly I really don't know... For me, I never really did anything special. I would just try practicing it while I played friendlies. So whenever I got hit off the stage, I'd go for all kinds of different sweet spots depending on where my opponent hit me. I would imagine that the way you're practicing now should work just fine =)

Mariabattleaxe

Smash Ace
Ok, for everyone who came last week, and anyone else.

Today, monday, is another pika conference, and we will be starting off where we left off last week. Pikachat starts at 7 pacific, 8 mountain, 9 cental, 10 eastern. Message me on LazyAlwaysWins on AIM for invite! Hope to see you all there.
man I missed this :(
someone want to shoot me a pm/text next time :)
I almost never stray too far from Atl South on the boards :(

N64

Smash Champion
Pikaconference again tonight! I'll send you an invite if i see you on mariabattleaxe.

conference starts in about an hour.

Edit: no one was on T-T except me and vman. Oh wells! When next would work best for y'all?

Mariabattleaxe

Smash Ace
derp I can not get on tonight :/
oh and you can just call me Maria, no one really calls me Mariabattleaxe.
Battleaxe is okay too, I get called that sometimes.

soju

SD God
Going into a reclusive intense tech training =w= probably wont be on the computer for a while, but I'm sure you guys will manage without me :p

N64

Smash Champion
Lets try to have one of these tomorrow night people! I want to get this matchup list done!

Same time as usual. 7 pacific, 8 mountain, 9 central, 10 eastern.

I haven't saved the chats teh-icy, but i'll try to remember this time. I'll be writing a short summary for each matchup number anyways when this is done, to help explain how we came to our decision and how confident we are in each.

N64

Smash Champion
OK PEOPLE. Lets get this done!

Post when you're available this week, and we'll try to set a common time up. I can't stress how much I want to get this out of the way heh. I'll start!

Thursday(today): ALL TIME
Friday: ALL TIME
Saturday: NO TIME tourney thingy
Sunday: ALL TIME
Monday: ALL TIME
Tuesday: ALL TIME
Wednesday: ALL TIME
Thursday: ALL TIME

yeah I need to find a job already : (. Anyways, lets gooooo

AXE 09

Smash Master
I CAN be free any day, as long as I know like 2 or 3 days before hand. I tend to make plans a certain day on the day before, so yeah... lol.

I'm not free saturday though. I'm going to a tourney :) In general, I'd rather not have these on weekends.

N64

Smash Champion
maria is free on mon/tues evening if i remember right and wanted to come, so how about we plan on two meetings this week. One on tuesday night, and one on thursday night. Does that sound alright?

N64

Smash Champion
AIM = AOL Instant Messenger

It's a common instant messaging program, which is why we use it. Just google AIM or aol instant messenger and you should be able to get to a download page. My screenname is LazyAlwaysWins, feel free to message me when you get it set up.

Also it's tuesday night and no one's on
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

N64

Smash Champion
Yay. Matchup list is tentatively done. I want to have one last conference with at least Axe, Zig, Chad, and I, in the hopes of running through the numbers we have and making any final tweaks/discussions.

I know (unless i'm mistaken) you're only free on thursdays Chad, so lets plan for next Thursday evening at 9pm Eastern. This is an hour earlier than we usually do, but I want to give plenty of time to discuss things.

If this doesn't work for any of you guys, please let me know and we'll find a new date/time. Of course as well, anyone and everyone is free to join this chat. The more the merrier!

Top Bottom