• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Back from my Hawaii vacation... Now I'm getting ready for yet another one. (crazy **** amiright?)

Haven't played MW2 in about 3 days... Now it's going to turn into a week. FML

Hmmm M16 vs FAMAS debate huh??? My vote goes to the M16 for the superior accuracy.

EDIT: Waiiit doesn't the FAMAS have better accuracy? I haven't used it in a while soooo, I'm stumped. :(

Charizard92

Smash Champion
The FAMAS is better at longer ranges due to higher accuracy and a faster burst fire (the burst fire comes out faster).

In contrast, the M16 has less delay between bursts, and is recommended at closer ranges.

In essence, The FAMAS is best for wide open maps to pseudo snipe while the M16 is better in general close-mid range combat.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
You can pull out the shotgun attachment faster than you can pull out a shotgun

AA secondary.

I have to agree, the iron sights aren't that good. I usually get 1st-3rd on my team with iron sights though.

S

smash brawl player 99021

It's just all up to personal preference in the end. And it's mostly just situational/Map Variety.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
32-2-2 on Terminal lolol. I could have had another nuke if I had it set. I was going for the 6 fears 7 challenge, which I got. Harrier -> Emergency Airdrop -> Stealth Bomber.

EDIT: Good games, ODIN! I'm surprised I went 28-1-12 on Terminal SNIPING, but 7-0-7 with my ACR on Underpass. I should have my mic in about an hour and a half so I can play again around that time. We need some sniper lobbies.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
32-2-2 on Terminal lolol. I could have had another nuke if I had it set. I was going for the 6 fears 7 challenge, which I got. Harrier -> Emergency Airdrop -> Stealth Bomber.

EDIT: Good games, ODIN! I'm surprised I went 28-1-12 on Terminal SNIPING, but 7-0-7 with my ACR on Underpass. I should have my mic in about an hour and a half so I can play again around that time. We need some sniper lobbies.

I'm trying to decided what sniper rifle I like... I LOVE the M21, but it seems to work best in Hardcore. :-/ I'll switch back to the Barret. I can't stand the intervention. T-T

I'm also trying for my 1000 UAV/cUAV streak. Gotta check where I am. Thank you hardline! at least 2 a life. ;)

And I want my MG Masher challenge! :( I'm this close to boosting for it. I can't see how anyone could get a legit 5 killstreak on a mounted minigun when they're in such horrible spots. :(

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'm trying to decided what sniper rifle I like... I LOVE the M21, but it seems to work best in Hardcore. :-/ I'll switch back to the Barret. I can't stand the intervention. T-T

I'm also trying for my 1000 UAV/cUAV streak. Gotta check where I am. Thank you hardline! at least 2 a life. ;)

And I want my MG Masher challenge! :( I'm this close to boosting for it. I can't see how anyone could get a legit 5 killstreak on a mounted minigun when they're in such horrible spots. :(
I'd be up for it if you'd like. That, along with the Dictator challenge. How am I suppose to fire an entire LMG mag into the enemy team? I'll try with the AUG. For the MG Master, try the minigun on Karachi by the Seals spawn. That is the stupidest spot for an MG.

Oh, and I have my mic back so it'll be easy to do.

At the moment, I'm going for Intervention headshots. I'm at 122/250. I'm getting about 5 or 6 per game. I seem to do really well on smaller maps like Favela or Terminal.

smashman90

Smash Lord
I can't stand the intervention. T-T
Agreed.

I did it on Wasteland by the Copter in a Domination match. Was pretty easy since alot of them were rushing for B.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
135/250

I'm doing pretty well with my headshots tonight. I feel like I can quick scope a lot easier with the 'vention. When I swing the crosshairs, I never miss. I just feel comfortable with a bolt action, I suppose. M21 is my second favourite with the Barrett right behind.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I'd be up for it if you'd like. That, along with the Dictator challenge. How am I suppose to fire an entire LMG mag into the enemy team? I'll try with the AUG. For the MG Master, try the minigun on Karachi by the Seals spawn. That is the stupidest spot for an MG.

Oh, and I have my mic back so it'll be easy to do.

At the moment, I'm going for Intervention headshots. I'm at 122/250. I'm getting about 5 or 6 per game. I seem to do really well on smaller maps like Favela or Terminal.
Much appreciated mate. I don't much care for boosting, but still, there's some bull **** challenges where you're saying, "ARE YOU EFFING SERIOUS?? :mad:"

I did my Dictator with the AUG. Shorter clip, but still a pain.

I think I'm gonna use the Barret for 'core. M21 for Hardcore. The WA2000 is a good place holder for the M21 in Hardcore. Little recoil, in between the M21 (best) and the Barret (better than the intervention in my opinion).

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
So, I got a chance to play at my brother's house last night. I got 11 chopper gunners in one night of playing. I brought my nephew's KD/r from 0.7ish to 1.02. Feeling pretty good about my skill level.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
So, I got a chance to play at my brother's house last night. I got 11 chopper gunners in one night of playing. I brought my nephew's KD/r from 0.7ish to 1.02. Feeling pretty good about my skill level.
Nice. Mine has dropped from a .85 (highest I've had) to a .83 (maybe .82). >_>

I just can't bring myself to camp. I'm an aggressive player. Rush first, regret it later.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I didn't camp, but I don't just run out into the open, that's just begging to be killed...fast. Most of my guns, I just slap a silencer on them, and run from building to building (lol M16) and **** their team slowly. I rarely camp, only in situations where my team is being brutally, viciously and violently *****.

I don't camp, I SNIPE.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I didn't camp, but I don't just run out into the open, that's just begging to be killed...fast. Most of my guns, I just slap a silencer on them, and run from building to building (lol M16) and **** their team slowly. I rarely camp, only in situations where my team is being brutally, viciously and violently *****.

I don't camp, I SNIPE.
Now now, I never said camping and sniping were the same...

Not really anyway.

My sniping strategy involves taking a shot, and moving. Never stay in the same place for long kinda thing.

Camping would be more like... 3 guys holding a room with two entrances kinda thing. While smart, it's annoying. But, it does inspire me to want to eff them over cause they suck.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I just had some fun in an arcade. :3

An arcade near a conference that I was going to in Gatlinburg, TN (great conf., Flyleaf was there) has this thing where you can rent out Rock Band 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Halo 3, and Modern Warfare 2. RB is on its own tv, but the rest are part of an awesome LAN setup with comfortable chairs, dividing curtains/walls, flatscreens, and big speakers.

I joined in a free-for-all on the place with the cranes (can't remember off the top of my head), and it had 5 minutes left. I came in second with 20 kills. After that, we played TD on Terminal, and my partner was a complete newbie to the game. We came in first place with 34 kills, and my partner had 5 of them. I had like 10 deaths, I think.

Afterwards, a new guy showed up on the other team, signed into his live account, equipped some 1887's (pre-nerf too) and took us to Rust. We got 24 kills, but the other team got 28.

All in all, it was a pleasant afternoon.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I just had some fun in an arcade. :3

An arcade near a conference that I was going to in Gatlinburg, TN (great conf., Flyleaf was there) has this thing where you can rent out Rock Band 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Halo 3, and Modern Warfare 2. RB is on its own tv, but the rest are part of an awesome LAN setup with comfortable chairs, dividing curtains/walls, flatscreens, and big speakers.

I joined in a free-for-all on the place with the cranes (can't remember off the top of my head), and it had 5 minutes left. I came in second with 20 kills. After that, we played TD on Terminal, and my partner was a complete newbie to the game. We came in first place with 34 kills, and my partner had 5 of them. I had like 10 deaths, I think.

Afterwards, a new guy showed up on the other team, signed into his live account, equipped some 1887's (pre-nerf too) and took us to Rust. We got 24 kills, but the other team got 28.

All in all, it was a pleasant afternoon.
I love those places <3
We had one of those but it closed down :/

PS3 guys, I'll try to get on tommorow night. Keep in mind, this will be a lulzy account for me so I'll prolly just mess aroudn some of the time ;)
Maybe not...

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
So I went from 91 to 150 headshots in one night over the course of about 15 games.

When I snipe, I'll camp at the start to avoid being pre-fragged. I'll keep my crosshairs on B and plant a claymore to cover a blindspot. I'll take a shot, then haul ***, even if I miss. If we're close, I'll take the shot and pull out my Akimbo Magnums.

At one point on Rundown, I flanked them and landed 4 headshots. Looked like a montage clip that I will never be able to do again.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Nice.

My buddy helped me get my MG Masher challenge, especially after I was on Skidrow, got legit to 4 kills with the mounted MG, and then some *** hole walks up behind me and takes his time headshotting me. I was SO pissed off. :mad: :mad: x10.

I think I wanna finish off my killstreak challenges before I prestige again. I'll work on the 1000 UAV's throughout my next prestige. Probably better that way.

S

smash brawl player 99021

That would be smart considering you have the limited killstreaks. It'd be a lot easier IMO.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Just got my Stealth Bomber emblem, lookin' mad cute. I'm at 183/250 now. I got a headshot on the host from a collateral through the wall and he left LOOOOLLL.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Nice. I can understand the frustration. I died one time sneakin through the 'fabric' shop on invasion because some guy on the outside was being shot at, and the bullets came through and killed me, giving the guy an undeserving double kill.

I only rage quit when I'm like, 2 and 48 on a game of Domination with nothing but tubers... >_>

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'm nothing like that. I'll leave a game if I die from an M16 hipfire.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I'm nothing like that. I'll leave a game if I die from an M16 hipfire.
I've gotten a couple of those. Mostly panic situations. I can't stand hip firing unless it's shotgun/akimbo (well, obvious for akimbo). I ADS like it's my job, probably why I die so much. Oh well.

I need 5 more EMPs and probably another 10 for my Stealth bomber. Maybe 15ish for AC130.

And I need to run 250 miles in Lightweight to get my Pathfinder title. X_X eff that...

Fun kill from last night.

I was in a game of Domination on Afghan. Was PO'd cause I had a BAD game before. So I run up the hill to the cliff over looking the plane, and there's four guys looking down the cliff and in the sky (trying to shoot down something). I run over and plant a Claymore, and run away. BOOM!!! 4 kills! :D I laughed the most evil laugh my friend heard me laugh, saying I freaked him out (we were in party chat on Ground war). God, I wanted to see that kill cam. XD

EDIT:

http://callsign.modernwarfare247.com/

Callsign sig maker. Enjoy!

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285

Not bad at all.

People that shoot at air support are free kills. Good stuff. On another note, just got my 250 for the Intervention. Fall looks great on it.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
That generator is pretty cool. That reaper thing is SICK.

That's mine.

Straked, what do you use on your Intervention set?

Mine is:
Intervention @ Thermal Sight/Extended Mags (Depending on the Stage)
Model 1887 Akimbo
Scavenger Pro/Sleight of Hand Pro (Scav with Thermal, SoH with Extended Mags)
Stopping Power Pro
Commando Pro
Claymore
Stun x2

Well, I guess that your set won't be much different.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Intervention w/ FMJ
SPAS-12
Claymore
Stun x 2

Sleight of Hand Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Steady Aim Pro
Painkiller

I think Commando is a horrible horrible perk that should only be on a knife class.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Really? It's saved me many times. Being able to drop from any distance and live is also good, consider that big *** hill on Afghan. I really don't have that much trouble with holding my breath, as I usually don't miss.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You can make it down the hill unharmed without Commando. Holding your breath long is just a bonus. I find it more effective for no scoping at really close range and helpful with my shotgun. In fact, I use Akimbo Magnums now since they switch so ****ing fast. It makes them usable.

Yup.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I don't snipe all that often. Lobbies just make this game fun for me.

Maybe you should contact me if you wanna play. <_< I leave after every game is over or if I die in a really stupid way. Let me know so we can party up.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
That's what she said!

Anyway, I'm probably gonna prestige sometime in the next week or so. Gonna go Barret for sniping the next time around. I love the M21 for Hardcore though. I'll probably make a Hardcore sniping setup given my extra class next prestige (3rd prestige).

On a side note, I intend to stick with one weapon type next time around, and get the fall camo! I've only gotten red camo with the Barret once before, then prestiged (first time).

Top Bottom