• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C3 presents - Pound 3 warm up 1/12/08 (New Time)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
I had a long talk with David and he agreed to let us start teams at 3PM in the side room. He'll have 3 or 4 tv's just for smash, so we're gonna need more so bring your tv's.

The halo tournament is scheduled to run from 12-4 so expect them all to clear out around 5, so smash can take the entire venue; there won't be any other tournaments all day so we can take up all the tv's and space, so bring your cubes!

Feel free to show up earlier if you want to play friendlies as those tv's will be open all day from the lock-in.

There's a wii sports tournament on the 19th that's running all day, and on the 26th it's all street fighter.

We're having a brawl tournament on the 23rd of February, more about that later.

I expect to finish up before 11PM.

Cyrain

Smash Ace
I know this is a bit sudden, but anyone need a teammate for this ****? I thought maybe I was teaming with Tope, but that's a no-go, so if anyone is all alone, lemme know. ALSO, Vist, you playing in the halo tourney? I remember you being pretty **** good, I believe. If you have a team/need an extra person, I'd try to get there early to play with you.

Vist

Smash Champion
I know this is a bit sudden, but anyone need a teammate for this ****? I thought maybe I was teaming with Tope, but that's a no-go, so if anyone is all alone, lemme know. ALSO, Vist, you playing in the halo tourney? I remember you being pretty **** good, I believe. If you have a team/need an extra person, I'd try to get there early to play with you.
Thanks man. Unfortunately, I already have a partner for the halo 3 2v2 tournament but if anything changes I'll post up. I am in need of a doubles partner for smash though so if you or anyone else wants to team up, lemme know.

Oh yea, if anyone plans on going to the halo 3 tournament, you might want to pre-reg on their igames.org event page to save some money. I believe they have it linked on their events section @ c3cyberclub.com.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
i guess i'll be there for teams - . - prob not entering singles though
...$8 venue fee, what a pain .. T____T i can buy me a burrito with that

oh and phil, i havent had the chance to get your cube from richmond. i've been in nova for a long time. im moving out of that place next weekend or something tho, so i might have it by chu's biweekly if you go. sorry for the inconvenience. -_-

Israfel

Smash Journeyman
This is CYRAIN POSTING UNDER ISRA!
CYRAIN
anywho, apparently i am no longer in need of a partner, so nevermind what I said before.

Fonz

Smash Ace
I'm still in need or a yellow cybernetic ninja who can shoot a green spider web out of his chest *whistle*

or anyone with Geometry Wars: Galaxies for DS (kirbstir?)

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Can someone pick me up for this? My cell is (202) 498-9479. I live off 11B on 495 close to VA.

KM-013

Smash Lord
I'm still in need of a yellow cybernetic ninja who can shoot a green spider web out of his chest *whistle*

so yea, just to reiterate, C3 starts at regular time! come early for friendlies and bring cubes!!! The entire venue should be of use without any other tourneys going on.

TOURNEY STARTS AT 1
BRING TV'S/CUBES

*this is g-reg

meepxzero

Smash Master
Unrelated.... but this is what I found in the brawl forums...

"In his blog on the old Japanese Brawl site, Sakurai mentioned that a black man thanked him for putting Roy in the game, and then went on to say he cannot just place in characters that are only popular in Japan, especially considering that Smash Bros. is popular all over the world. If Sakurai thinks that cutting Roy would upset his non-Japanese fanbase, then Roy may go on to fight another day in Brawl."

NEEOOOOOOO!!!! :laugh:

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
OMFG

back to 3 o'clock

MY BAD

I jumped the gun on that one. :(

Tournament starts at 3PM now instead of 1PM sorry to anyone that read that in the last 13 hours.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
squanderrrrrrrrr haha
i'll be there around 2, or try to be
will the venue have smash that early? :dizzy: i'd like to warm up before the tourney starts. i feel rusty :<

Rebel581

Smash Champion
Whoa, when Aero asked me to drive him to this, he didn't bother to mention 3 PM. I'll still go, but when's this ending? My parents don't like me having the car out after 12 AM and they didn't even like it when I was coming back home at 11:30 PM, but they dealt with that.

Oh, and I'll also need a teams partner since ChRed isn't coming to this.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Whoa, when Aero asked me to drive him to this, he didn't bother to mention 3 PM. I'll still go, but when's this ending? My parents don't like me having the car out after 12 AM and they didn't even like it when I was coming back home at 11:30 PM, but they dealt with that.

Oh, and I'll also need a teams partner since ChRed isn't coming to this.
It'll be over before 11PM I'm hoping.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
this was great, thanks travis for teaming with me, you really made this amazing enough to call it my last ^_^ thanks everyone for the friendlies, encouragement, etc (esp omni wow you have always been so encouraging, youre awesome, lets go chipotle seriously haha). see everyone at pound but i wont be playing, just wanna chill w/ everyone one more time! i hope people who ended up missing this c3 (which were a lot, i think.. there werent even enough people for the regular 6 or whatever death pools this time ;_;''') can all make it to pound (redd that means you too, no johns haha) even chzn1 was there, wtf yes chzn1, you guys missed out, he is alive haha :p. anyway this game is probably the most amazing out there.. slash that, it IS the most amazing game ever >_< good luck prepping for pound everyone!! wish i could do it along with you all but kind of long story and unnecessary to really share, but i'll still see everybody at least one more time. team arlington is such **** seriously i know it's just replacement phrase for "md/va region" but EITHER WAY, doesnt change how we are ridiculously stacked and too incredible!!! thanks for helping me get as decent as i did in the last year (esp aho, azen LOL >_>, tope, kdj), as well as all the fun :D!! and minus all the drama haha x_x but it was awesome getting to know you guys, growing and supporting each other, beyond just the game. community cant just be so dankin tiznight !! STAY AMAZING YOU GUYS **** wc in brawl ;] givennn. thanks travis again for teaming with me seriously you are ****, good stuff breaking that 5th place streak of yours too, i wanna see some chinesah on top 5 pound3 placings, oh heck yes. hope everyone got home safe as well, sounds like people were still there around 11pm. game's way too good! /essay >_> sorry

Vist

Smash Champion
fun stuff today. We had to roll out before teams was over but it was good chillin with everyone. Good matches to everyone we played... see you guys @ chus bday fest and I'll def be at pound (i need a partner too :( ) but if anyone wants to smash hit me up

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Doubles

13 Teams

1: groom blue (chillin/azen)
2: chu & triad (chu/triad)
3: kyrain (cyrain/km)
4: newly weds (husban/wife)
5: kirbulate (kirbstir/greg)
5: twabis-.- (kiwi/travis)
7: team nasty (aho fonz)