• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
Feasibility and utilization of reaction regrab techchases?
if you wavedash towards where their tech starts and dash dance before they actually land, the regrab is super easy to do on reaction if they techroll (pretty sure you have a few frames cushion is you position properly). I have trouble punishing in place and no-tech options when I do this, but I feel like it should be possible as well. Something I'm working on is punishing the buffer spotdodge/roll that typically occurs when I've revealed that I'm willing to techchase regrab and I happen to be slow for some reason

You'll see hax sometimes do something cool where he covers the missed tech/in place with nair or knee then runs over and grabs if they techroll.

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
Regrab tech chases aren't too hard, but I can never get them on Sheik, and also you have to be careful against spacies because if you are a little late, you will get boned for it

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
I thought with the Marth match-up it was all about the knee. That being his best chance of actually beating some of Marth's aerials.
knee is super good, but if i told you that's all there is, you'd almost invariably fail against any competent marth main

KUSH.

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, any tips on the neutral game against luigi? I always seem to get grabbed or downsmashed when i go for a grab or use an aerial. Ive got the standard combos down enough, i just get out played/ baited in the neutral. Also edgeguarding tips would be helpful as i always go full derp mode and let him grab the edge from his recovering shenanigans.

KUSH.

Smash Apprentice
yeah ****ing ***** him last night when my friend came over. who knew when you huck falcon's carcass out there and hit luigi it completely negates luigi's recovery lol

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
luigi sucks ****
he's a mario bro and a mid tier so any character's bair will destroy him completely
stomp into triple knee autocombos at zero
It's really about baiting the wd in and then kneeing him for it, he can only trade ftilt or dsmash at best and he just gets completely dislodged

Zhea

Smash Ace
What percents are too low to go for the uair gimp spacie recovery? I've noticed if I do it at low perce ts they usually get back before I do, due to the low hitlag. I've been trying to ramp my edge guard game up a lot against fox/falco lately and have gotten more consistent with that hax uair to cover both up.-b and side-b, but doing it to early is costing me.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Uhh ... I don't know how you're letting them get back to the ledge first if they have to up-b ...

Do you do your up-b really high and have to fall or something? You should just drop and up-b so that you grab the ledge at the top of your up-b so you're in the air for less time

If they can just illusion back ... well ... you're doing it wrong I guess <_<

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I actually downloaded the one from old Smashboards, you can find it by googling but I don't really get how that works ... well, whatever

Defiler forever

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
Well, after the NoJohns Tournament on March 2nd, I have decided that falcon is my permanent secondary!

I like to use falcon against Marth, since Luigi vs Marth is a bad matchup.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Did you like...actually put color tags on your text to make it white? If you use the neo blue scheme your text is invisible >_>

and if you did...whyyyyy

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I don't think Luigi is necessarily better vs ICs than Falcon but it is true that not having to worry about grab->death is kinda nice

oksas

oak-sauce
wait so like

jman won't live in the middle of nowhere anymore???? when will you be moving then

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
That dude isn't Jman haha

Unless he actually is and I've been mistaken this entire time <____<

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
hey, just wanted to weigh in and say the new IKM2 is unlike anything i've ever experience before. it has become beautiful beyond imagination

Windrose

Smash Lord
hey, just wanted to weigh in and say the new IKM2 is unlike anything i've ever experience before. it has become beautiful beyond imagination
i think i will never find the original version again. the one on blip tv is not the original either. i'm looking for the one with the final countdown as the second song.

it's forever lost...........

6VI6

Smash Apprentice
I think the one with Enter Sandman is the original, it syncs up well.
In other news...Mind Reader has also been hit with copyright infringement :/
I don't see it on youtube at least. Sad times for falcon combo vids.

Does Jeapie still play?

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
The funny thing is, both enter sandman AND final countdown work spectacularly for ikm2

the new music also fits to a terrifying degree

Windrose

Smash Lord
i want the freakn final countdown version damn it!!! if anyone has it downloaded, please share!! i will reward thee greatly.

Top Bottom