• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

Construct

Smash Journeyman
Scrub question. How do I dropzone knee? I usually end up killing myself or missing by a fair bit. Any idea why I suck so much?

KUSH.

Smash Apprentice
i recall hax saying awhile back that you need to knee early. ur prob kneeing late as wenbo implied

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
Yes get the timing of the C-Stick. Don't get scared to die 1000000 times getting that timing. You have to also learn when to IASA your mid air knee, pressing too soon is a common way to die.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Definitely use the C-stick to dropzone, I have no idea how people could use A for that lol. You won't make it back half the time if you use A, the knee will come out too late.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
That is like the exact opposite of what happens to me lol

EDIT: So, came back from smashfest on friday, could use some advice.

so johnny, remind me what u did to smash di out of sheik's jabs? i remember u said hold up, but i can't remember which stick u said hold up for lol

also, for anyone, how do you try beating out or avoiding sheik's tilts when you try to approach her?

gravy

Smash Ace
Yah seriously, good **** Hax, you were SO CLOSE. Your punishes for roll to spotdodge were ****.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
Hax saved the NEC stream. Created hype when another rom5 was just looming over the horizon.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
unknown killed hype when he went berserk in the middle of a match vs. m2k (cuz inui had been heckling him). after getting violent on inui, he rq'd the first game and played falco/falcon for the rest of the set. hype killed.

hax gets to loser's finals though and plays unknown and does some super sick falcon ****, including super deep uair edgeguards (chased unknown all the way offstage for those) and did sick *** combos, including a double knee in game 3 that caused unknown to ragequit the set (RAAAAAPE). hax 3-0's unknown spectacularly

then he plays m2k in a super close set in GF's. i was on the edge of my seat the entire time as hax pulled some of the most amazing stuff i've ever seen in the mu. he choked at some crucial moments though, and m2k pretty much destroyed hax off of any mistake.

last game, i think hax coulda sealed it out if he DIDN'T STOMP WHEN HE SHOULD'VE KNEED
EDIT: Also SD'd a few times, which also really closed out a few games, including game 5 of the set =[

dkuo

Smash Lord
i was actually curious about a lot of the stomps in place of potentially ko'ing knees. did he feel like it was a safer option? was he just not comfortable with possibly whiffing a knee? were they accidents? ~_~

but yeah good **** hax

Construct

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Hax, that was fantastic! Don't think I've ever wanted someone to beat M2K that badly before, awesome stuff.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
It was on VGBC but I think they took it down to edit some stuff out involving Inui and Unknown <_<

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Well can u paraphrase what actually occured between them? It just... seems unlikley Unknown would do something so negative, so far in bracket at ANOTHER large scale tourny so soon...

:phone:

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
You can search for that on your own I don't really care to say anything about something I don't personally know anything about

Sucks that it happened though, I met him at ROM and he was pretty chill ~_~ was hoping to get some actual games in at Apex

dkuo

Smash Lord
tell him to come to hyperphoenix 8D

and on the unknown/inui thing there's a thread in general discussion with unintelligible posts if you really want to look into it

Hax

Smash Champion
nah I didn't mean to do any of those dairs at really high %

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Definitely use the C-stick to dropzone, I have no idea how people could use A for that lol. You won't make it back half the time if you use A, the knee will come out too late.
I'm not sure why holding A wouldn't allow you to do it in time, but there is a good reason to use C-stick imo. For some DIs/trajectories that your opponents might go at, drifting back as you do the dropzone will allow you to knee them forward, whereas drifting forwards will cause you to reverse knee them. The reverse knee will stagespike and instantly kill most people, but some people look for this and will tech it and kill you.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Johnny, $5 best-of-5 MM. Despite being at a few common tourneys I've still only played you in like 3-4 friendlies ever.

RFrizzle

Smash Ace
I know you hate low/mid level players talking about matchups, but I like it. In my mid level opinion, its 60:40ish. She ***** falcon beyond hard offstage. It's honestly kind of weird in the neutral game until Falcon gets a grab. Then it's easy street
Dont yell at me leffen :l

:phone:

Top Bottom