• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
It isnt about about posting a wrong vid or anything. We must learn this!!!

The point is
If we falcons are able are capable of doing this at EVERY SHEIKS DOWNTROW.
Then the matchup changes completely.
We will be able to hold shield and react to what sheik does,
Why?
Cause getting grabbed isnt badd anymore.
Taking 9%s for each grab.
Cant hit the 3 jabs after it?
No worries, space, run away, back to 1st hit game.\

In PAL this trick is even better since here we are able to DI further off. Save play*

Easy and Mizar are tha bussiness

EpiceaSy

Smash Rookie
Sdi

Hello Falcons : )

I didn't know that this was known already = /
I just wanted to help ya guys out.

Anyways about the inputs this just requires a single unit of SDI(just tap the control stick up once), it's as easy/hard to do as escaping fox's up air.

and about the C-stick DI... it doesn't do anything for me, i've been trying to SDI in tas with the C-stick for a while now but it just isn't working out...

Well I'm out, Byez!

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Giving Sheik free grabs isn't great, getting upsmashed out of a missed tech isn't exactly what you want happening either <_<

Windrose

Smash Lord
light shield --> then grab edge pre emptively and watch them up-b early
that's a good mix up in edge guarding against marth.

Just watched some hax videos and his ledge trick vs marth is actually pretty slick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5ya4M7oNe0Y#t=167s

He waits for the up-b, then double jumps back from the ledge, and then fastfalls to regrab. Falcon jumps right over marth's up-b.

The lightshield thing is way way better in terms of consistency and risk, but the ledge hop is pretty mindgamey and would be nice for mixups.
Yeah, only hax does that for some reason. You can dodge the up-b guaranteed and still regrab the ledge. it's pretty sick. Hax has some sick edge guard stuff that I steal and use.

Yeah, that has been known for a while. but I think gentlemen is one of the less favourable options after you SDI in the jab reset. I think most people just jump out of it cuz sheik can CC your jabs.

Yea, hold up on the c-stick then tap up on the control stick as the jab hits you and you'll pop out.
I believe after 20% you don't even need to SDI the jab anymore. You can just hold up.

if you do it enough shieks up-smash --> tech rolling is an escape
So as in a sheik anticipates you will not tech, upsmashes and after falcon gets hit by up-smash we tech it to escape? Or like...hold down when sheik upsmashes falcon so that you can do the "amsah" tech thingy?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
He means if you condition the Sheik to punish a missed tech with usmash, then eventually you can start tech rolling again and escape easily while the Sheik whiffs the usmash.

Windrose

Smash Lord
He means if you condition the Sheik to punish a missed tech with usmash, then eventually you can start tech rolling again and escape easily while the Sheik whiffs the usmash.
Ah i see..

What if they just choose to punish missed techs with forward tilt? Or they wait??? o_o. I've never met sheiks that do this but..i'm pretty sure they can react to everything we do if we don't tech and just wait.

Only falcon players talk about conditioning their opponents while their opponents are comboing them
Not every character can herp derp their way through a match.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Once you play someone who does really really really gay reaction tech chases and has reactions built in to counter SDIs (Kels) you will feel dumb for all this talk about conditioning.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
i believe magus talked about not jab resetting and just reaction grabbing their options from missed tech to avoid SDI escape. Apparently it's not that hard at least on falcon.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Once you play someone who does really really really gay reaction tech chases and has reactions built in to counter SDIs (Kels) you will feel dumb for all this talk about conditioning.
I play foxes that are way too good at this game all the time. It is nothing new.

:phone:

Windrose

Smash Lord
Scar uses white controller? I don't like the feel of the plastic casing on the white one. It can get very sticky. I have both the white and platinum(silver) one. I like the silver one a lot more.

But there's nothing wrong with the white one. it is also good.

unknown522

Some guy
My CONTROLLER BROKE MELEE IS BORING
I feel you dude

Ftilt sends you drifting when staled (not sure how stale)
it's 1 or 2 stales. I use it instead of trying to jab reset. If it's staled then back to reaction tech chasing. You only need falcon at about 35% then you can start dash attacking him on tech chases.

Also, KirbyKaze will up-smash you for missing techs.

Windrose

Smash Lord
bought LOL

windrose why aren't you on skype? i'm going to bed now but tomorrow you should go on.
I was on skype for a bit but I went to sleep. However, upon deciding to go to sleep, I ended up lurking around smashboards for an hour or so more and so I wake up today super tired and sleep deprived. Yes!!

omfg i love u
Glad I could help xD. But becareful! you guys are about to get new controller syndrome. It's gonna need breaking in and it's gonna feel awkward. Some people get quite frustrated with new controllers.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
I think there is not better feeling than a brand new controller. (old school ones. Not the poop white ones)

My technical skill and character control skyrocket like i took steroids or something. Then once it gets broken in i even out. It may all be in my head, but damn does it feel awesome.

Wolfy!

Indecisive
Lol, I feel the same way Nakamaru does. Honestly, I get used to the stiff control stick so when it finally breaks in, having a loose(r) control stick feels weird to me.

:phone:

Scar

#HarveyDent
Yeah this sort of thing should be featured on Smashboards. I can't believe I'm going to have a brand new silver controller soon. Insane.

Top Bottom