• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

D

Deleted member

im going to keep buying controllers until i find one that is good enough after i break it in

Nakamaru

Smash Master
i've actually been playing without the pad on my control stick. Now when i pick up one with the pad on it feels to weird to use.

I have to use bare control sticks now.

strawhats

Smash Master
good thing s2j beat wobbles twice or else m2k wouldn't have won the tourney haha
I think wobbles had the best chance of beating m2k at that tournament, but I still think m2k would've won.

also better luck next time westballz...losing to wobbles(pools), light and m2k (in bracket).

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
wobbles has beat m2k the last few times they have played, actually haha. M2K won at Apex 2010, then wobbles won at genesis2 and apex 2012.

Morin0

Smash Lord
sorry i lost honestly hope youtube never gets uploaded except me vs wobbles in winners only set im happy about how i played in
That was a great set, dude. I loved that smile of satisfaction after winning while Wobbles was losing his ****. LOL.

I hate it when people do that when they lose :\

:phone:

D

Deleted member

So far I don't think I've ever heard you say that you wanted a set uploaded in one that you lost. I guess that's how it is with most.. =/
it depends if i play well and lose dont mind it

pretty sure i said i had some good sets with lucky at wgf earlier lol

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
That was a great set, dude. I loved that smile of satisfaction after winning while Wobbles was losing his ****. LOL.

I hate it when people do that when they lose :\

:phone:
I do that when I feel like I played badly, regardless of whether I win or lose.

I was totally fine with our first match in the first set on Yoshi's. I played it solid, but S2J played it better. The two FoD matches pissed me off b/c I missed a LOT of actions out of shield, and towards the end I was completely flubbing inputs and missing buttons on my controller. That has nothing to do with S2J, that's me completely failing to make contact with an X button to b-air out of shield, or something. You'd be pissed too.

Our second set, I played much better (even though I know S2J thought I hit him with bull****, and I guess that's just how it goes), and even though I lost 3-1, I felt good. He's a better player than me ATM, and I will need to drastically re-think my approach to the Falcon matchup just to deal with him. I've always had pride in my Falcon match-up because I learned it at Darkrain's knee (lol) but S2J has pushed Falcon farther and now I need to advance with him. With that in mind, I don't give a **** that I lost the second set.

Play with me for an hour and you will know that I don't rage when I lose. I rage when I play poorly, win OR lose. And I laugh it off and compliment my opponent when they do GOOD things that just straight up beat me, assuming I didn't make some horrible novice mistake to lead into it.

tl;dr S2J's better.

D

Deleted member

Controller refused to move left no matter how many times i reset or did anything

for the most part i agree with wobbles sentiment, i don't mind losing if i don't play like nutt sack

unknown522

Some guy

I was totally fine with our first match in the first set on Yoshi's. I played it solid, but S2J played it better. The two FoD matches pissed me off b/c I missed a LOT of actions out of shield, and towards the end I was completely flubbing inputs and missing buttons on my controller. That has nothing to do with S2J, that's me completely failing to make contact with an X button to b-air out of shield, or something. You'd be pissed too.

Our second set, I played much better (even though I know S2J thought I hit him with bull****, and I guess that's just how it goes), and even though I lost 3-1, I felt good. He's a better player than me ATM, and I will need to drastically re-think my approach to the Falcon matchup just to deal with him. I've always had pride in my Falcon match-up because I learned it at Darkrain's knee (lol) but S2J has pushed Falcon farther and now I need to advance with him. With that in mind, I don't give a **** that I lost the second set.

Play with me for an hour and you will know that I don't rage when I lose. I rage when I play poorly, win OR lose. And I laugh it off and compliment my opponent when they do GOOD things that just straight up beat me, assuming I didn't make some horrible novice mistake to lead into it.

tl;dr S2J's better.
Controller refused to move left no matter how many times i reset or did anything

for the most part i agree with wobbles sentiment, i don't mind losing if i don't play like nutt sack
100% agreed.

For example: my set with Tope at Apex in loser's bracket. I was pretty pissed off with how I was playing, even though I won pretty badly. It was the worst I had played that day (even losing to wobbles in the winner's bracket, I didn't play as bad).

Twinkles

Smash Lord
Lol s2j, my controller did something similar
up/down on control stick was ***ed up, so i randomly jumped or crouched
i lent it to a friend who wanted to play melee
said it worked completely fine
wtf

Morin0

Smash Lord

tl;dr S2J's better.
Ah, I see. Yeah, I understand. I don't mind losing at all if I know I played my best and the other person just straight out outplayed me.

Dan -Zodiac-

Smash Apprentice
nah leaving controllers alone for awhile def does something. one specific time this worked was when i got a new white controller. a friend used it for mario party and the triggers stopped working so i just ditched it. a month later i plugged it back in and it is still fine today. my main controller just broke a little bit ago, started auto lightshielding after lcancels/wd's even after i let go. hopefully soon when i try it again it will be fine, cause uncomfortable controller johns are mega legit.

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
"my main controller just broke a little bit ago, started auto lightshielding after lcancels/wd's even after i let go."

Exact problem I had, sometimes it was perfect and sometimes it wasn't, later on I just replaced the L trigger and so far no problems yet.

D

Deleted member

my trigger on both of the controllers i use inevitably light shield so i just hold R all the way when i plug in and NEVER light shield

im so scared of playing too rough on my old controller might break again

Nakamaru

Smash Master
my trigger on both of the controllers i use inevitably light shield so i just hold R all the way when i plug in and NEVER light shield

Wow, why have i never thought of this before. I'm going to start doing that now.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)

yeah I was surprised you didn't know that when I told you. It entirely gets rid of the problem and makes powershielding (useful vs falco) a lot easier

and yeah, those that say controller don't matter do not know what they are talking about. I feel like in all smash games, (melee the most, then brawl, then 64), controller matters a lot when you get to the skill level of "I know what the best thing to do in this situation is, I just can't do it the way I want to, as precise as I want to, or as fast as I want to because my controller isn't good enough". I feel that way right now with my current one and it's ENTIRELY legit.

As far as OLD controllers go, DON'T play with them until just before a big tournament match. That's the best strategy in my experience for the long term by far.

Top Bottom