• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

CountOlaf

Smash Cadet
Probably a stupid question, but when exactly do you input fast fall in a full hop so that the jump is as quick to return to the ground as possible? Is it just the apex of the jump? I can do it 100% of the time on short hops because of shffling, but i can't do it as well for full hops or instant double jumps.

Last edited:

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
Probably a stupid question, but when exactly do you input fast fall in a full hop so that the jump is as quick to return to the ground as possible? Is it just the apex of the jump? I can do it 100% of the time on short hops because of shffling, but i can't do it as well for full hops or instant double jumps.
yeah top of the jump

sam:)

Smash Cadet
a friend of mine was showing me full hop->stomp (no fastfall) then upair on the way down right before touching the ground.

when exactly is this even useful? he said he uses it on marth and jiggs and i think SS pioneered it, but i just cant figure out any practicality.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Punishes them if they try to punish your jump oos, and then the Uair catches them if they try to punish the stomp lag.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
OKAY. I have literally been struggling with gentlemening consistently for years

BUT. BUTTTTTTTTT. Gentlemen with A -> A -> A+Y is the best method I've ever experienced.

I feel like it's up to every Falcon main to discover their own method to gentlemen in order to transcend to the next level

CountOlaf

Smash Cadet
a friend of mine was showing me full hop->stomp (no fastfall) then upair on the way down right before touching the ground.

when exactly is this even useful? he said he uses it on marth and jiggs and i think SS pioneered it, but i just cant figure out any practicality.
Against Jiggs, on a missed rest, stomp to stomp builds a lot of percent. You can then uair the missed tech on the way down to pop her up for a knee. Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0e3uzgHCDI#t=41

Last edited:

kyaputenfarukon07

Smash Journeyman
If I recall correctly you have to pullback to get the uair and you can maybe mix in first hit nair reset.

Last edited:

sam:)

Smash Cadet
what is the best way to consistently pivot jab? i can pivot nair and pivot grab consistently but when i try to pivot jab falcon ftilts or fsmashes a LOT of the time, it seems really hard to get around. do you just have to flick the stick back to neutral super saiyan fast?

Last edited:

DuckPimp

Smash Ace
what is the best way to consistently pivot jab? i can pivot nair and pivot grab consistently but when i try to pivot jab falcon ftilts or fsmashes a LOT of the time, it seems really hard to get around. do you just have to flick the stick back to neutral super saiyan fast?
yes
flick the stick

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
finally figured out how to rectify my inconsistent pivot grabs. I use Y to pivot nair consistently so i pivot JC grab with Y+Z now.

Today was my last day with Grouch, my summer training partner/cousin, since he has to go back to school :(... I definitely leveled up a decent amount this summer... hoping to start making a dent in norcal soon. Still sitting in the tier under the tier under power ranked players imo. Norcal is tough... At least tristate and midwest seem that much easier when I go back for visits

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
So after 10 years of character-identity crises, pildering and pondering, debating and hashing, sweaty hands, staying up at night, nightmares, self-deprication and acting out at others, thought of suicide and murder...

I've decided to stop fighting it and just accept the fact that:

This is my Falcon. There are many like him, but he is mine.
My Falcon is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I must master my life.
My Falcon, without me, is useless. Without my Falcon, I am useless. I must fire my punches true. I must knee straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must stomp him before he stomps me. I will...
My Falcon and I know that what counts in war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...
My Falcon is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn him as a brother. I will learn his weaknesses, his strength, his parts, his accessories, his sights and his barrel. I will keep my Falcon clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...
Before God, I swear this creed. My Falcon and I are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.
So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but peace!

Time to **** some *******.

Last edited:

DuckPimp

Smash Ace
So after 10 years of character-identity crises, pildering and pondering, debating and hashing, sweaty hands, staying up at night, nightmares, self-deprication and acting out at others, thought of suicide and murder...

I've decided to stop fighting it and just accept the fact that:

This is my Falcon. There are many like him, but he is mine.
My Falcon is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I must master my life.
My Falcon, without me, is useless. Without my Falcon, I am useless. I must fire my punches true. I must knee straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must stomp him before he stomps me. I will...
My Falcon and I know that what counts in war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...
My Falcon is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn him as a brother. I will learn his weaknesses, his strength, his parts, his accessories, his sights and his barrel. I will keep my Falcon clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...
Before God, I swear this creed. My Falcon and I are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.
So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but peace!

Time to **** some *****es.
preach it, brother!

strongboy

Smash Cadet
Hey what should I be getting off grabs vs Sheik? I know ~90% uthrow knee is possible. Earlier percents though I haven't been getting ****.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
Hey what should I be getting off grabs vs Sheik? I know ~90% uthrow knee is possible. Earlier percents though I haven't been getting ****.
mostly uthrow->upairs before uthrow knee percents starting around 30ish%. check the falcon index thread section on sheik and I'm pretty sure there's a magus420 post about it.

Last edited:

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
After 20 is where stuff starts getting interesting, and after 30 is where the magic happens. Uthrow Uair(s) Knee, Uthrow Uair regrab, etc.

All of these are DI dependent. As you get more experience, you'll get a sense for their hitstun, and react faster to their DI, which will tell you what move to use next.

strongboy

Smash Cadet
Thanks guys. I found a 0Room post in the index thread that had a lot of stuff I needed in it too. I've been avoiding Falcon vs Sheik for a while (cping marth lmao) but I wanna go all in on Falcon. Hopefully will be slaughtering her off grabs ASAP.

I've been trying some Falcon trial stuff too. I'm struggling with the ledge hop bair/uair to ledge regrab. I get the aerial out fine but am not regrabbing. Is my timing just not tight enough or is there something else going on?

Twinkles

Smash Lord
Thanks guys. I found a 0Room post in the index thread that had a lot of stuff I needed in it too. I've been avoiding Falcon vs Sheik for a while (cping marth lmao) but I wanna go all in on Falcon. Hopefully will be slaughtering her off grabs ASAP.

I've been trying some Falcon trial stuff too. I'm struggling with the ledge hop bair/uair to ledge regrab. I get the aerial out fine but am not regrabbing. Is my timing just not tight enough or is there something else going on?
not fast enough. if you're not regrabbing, it means the aerial did not end before you are able to snap to the ledge
just focus on getting your aerial out faster. i use control stick + cstick in order to do ledgehop regrab aerials

strongboy

Smash Cadet
not fast enough. if you're not regrabbing, it means the aerial did not end before you are able to snap to the ledge
just focus on getting your aerial out faster. i use control stick + cstick in order to do ledgehop regrab aerials
That's what I've been using. Just gotta get my fingers going faster I guess. There was a long time where I thought short hopping with Falcon was impossible so there's still hope.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Yeah, I was thinking about that all weekend. No way I would have that level of stamina. Congratulations.

Probably hit the Smash equivalent of nirvana.

strongboy

Smash Cadet
Yoooo. Best way to punish no tech from spacies after a grab? DD regrab after they get up/roll/attack?

Off uthrow at higher percents its no problem but when I'm getting grabs at low percent my spacie buddy has just lays there & get up attacks or rolls on reaction vs aerials it seems.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
Yoooo. Best way to punish no tech from spacies after a grab? DD regrab after they get up/roll/attack?

Off uthrow at higher percents its no problem but when I'm getting grabs at low percent my spacie buddy has just lays there & get up attacks or rolls on reaction vs aerials it seems.
Ideally, you'd read it and punish super hard, but in the case where you don't see it coming. You have a couple options. If you're near enough to catch the bounce with the jab, try for a jab reset. If you have less time, one thing I've tried doing is just crouching near the dude while he's on the floor. CC the getup attack or dash to follow any other option. He can only stay prone for so long before the game forces him to do neutral getup, so you can use that to your advantage.

You can also try baiting the roll away and punish him for it, or bait him to getup attack.

strongboy

Smash Cadet
Ideally, you'd read it and punish super hard, but in the case where you don't see it coming. You have a couple options. If you're near enough to catch the bounce with the jab, try for a jab reset. If you have less time, one thing I've tried doing is just crouching near the dude while he's on the floor. CC the getup attack or dash to follow any other option. He can only stay prone for so long before the game forces him to do neutral getup, so you can use that to your advantage.

You can also try baiting the roll away and punish him for it, or bait him to getup attack.
What if I am reading it super hard? Should it be a free stomp or knee or something?

Those options are all good & definitely stuff I don't do & should be doing. Will start busting em out the next time I play. Thanks.

Rhyme_

Smash Rookie
What if I am reading it super hard? Should it be a free stomp or knee or something?

Those options are all good & definitely stuff I don't do & should be doing. Will start busting em out the next time I play. Thanks.
If you have a read on the missed tech then generally the best option is to time the stomp such that it hits him right as he hits the ground again after the bounce. The stomp will pop him up again. If you stomp too early, he'll get slammed in to the ground again but 99% of the time people miss this tech so you can just jab reset. The timing is pretty strict but I've heard people say that you can actually get the pop up stomp on reaction to a missed tech.

strongboy

Smash Cadet
If you have a read on the missed tech then generally the best option is to time the stomp such that it hits him right as he hits the ground again after the bounce. The stomp will pop him up again. If you stomp too early, he'll get slammed in to the ground again but 99% of the time people miss this tech so you can just jab reset. The timing is pretty strict but I've heard people say that you can actually get the pop up stomp on reaction to a missed tech.
Maybe I'm slow but I definitely ran into the problem where I would dair a missed tech & then he would just roll behind me. I usually dthrow at low percents so maybe its just having less air time to get out of the throw animation & start the short hop or something?

I put a bunch of stuff into practice last night though. Went from playing really close, last stock games that I could win or lose to 3-stocking my buddy 5 games in a row. Feelin hot.

Last edited:

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
Unghhh i just want that good 20xx ****. Getting jabbed by fox when I'm trying to practice tech stuff gets old really damn fast.
learn to do name entry glitch on fixed camera? a wii is like $20 on craigslist nowadays anyway. skip a couple fast food meals and you're good to go!

Gonna try to frankenstein my janky platinum controller and GOAT black controller this week... Janky platinum sticks on R occasionally, leading to rolls from trying to dash out of WD and GOAT black can't read y axis control stick inputs properly. Basically, just gonna use the board+sticks from the platinum with buttons/shoulder/body of the black...

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
I have beef with that. It should be 3 jabs for the Gentleman, and 4 for the rapid jabs. Ah, well. It will come with practice, and you will only occasionally screw it up.

strongboy

Smash Cadet
Whats the reasoning for the gentleman in the first place? Is CF the only character with 4 inputs for jabs in PAL?

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
No rapid jabs in PAL, so it's just the 3 inputs. I'm pretty sure it was 4 in 64, but I might be mistaken.

Not sure why it works the way it does in Melee. I'm just glad it's an option. Tough, at times, but still an option.

Top Bottom