• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Seriously though stomp techchasing on platforms = minimum 50% instant kill maybe more on stages with small platforms

Windrose

Smash Lord
if people are behind you while you're shielding you can up-b oos to get them!

================================

What are falcon's options when he has been thrown off stage and you KNOW the opponent is going to try to come down to try to gimp you?

-ie. fox trying to shine you or falco's double jump dair thing or w/e else?

I assume percentages matter too cuz if the opponent is low percent then an aerial would probably not be too wise...(dunno)

Do you try hard as hell to space a sweet spot double jump?
double-jump back wards and up b?
double-jump into uair or knee?

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Sweetspot double jump is pretty cold to run/jump off shine it's really stupid

If you KNOW they're going to do it do something that isn't doublejump sweetspot
That position is so space animal favored it's pretty gross

If you're going to aerial try to catch them after they double jump
Works well against Falco because he normally burns his double jump on the Dair and you can sometimes just cheap him out with Uair or something if you do it before his Dair starts
Less good against Fox because he doesn't have to double jump until after his shine ... but if he whiffs the shine you've escaped the gimp so it's like eh

Windrose

Smash Lord
so you can't try to space a sweet spotted double jump at all? gay..

I'm always afraid of trying to upair falco cuz if it trades with dair you are screwed while falco recovers.
Sometimes I try to put out an instant double jump-->knee cuz it might reverse and w/e...but the fear of trade is always a big deal for me. and in the case of shine...sometimes you don't even trade due to invincibility frame.

These gimps are so easy to perform from spacies and hard to deal with from falcon's perspective.

is the solution just trying not to get into these situations (ie. getting grabbed near edge and thrown off stage?)

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
Sadly we can be comboed into this situation so we still need to think of a solution..

An option to use sometimes is - space dj->airdodge onto stage. Can confuse them.
Also I find mixing up the distances at which I dj back ->upB can confuse them and you can get them with the upB.

D

Deleted member

either float back/ go back a little bit on double jump then do a high up-b, get b-aired, and keep up-bing till you get really high and make it back

or if they are a high percent you can up-air when they go down for the shine for isai stage spike

sweetspot double jump should be the norm of getting back, but if you see your opponent deviate a lot
by trying to always get double jump sweetspot just ADJUST

or try not to be beneath the stage in the first place

Boat Mode

Smash Journeyman
Any Falcons coming to ROM?

I'm trying to substitute active tournament going and regualar playing with one weekend of awesome.

I'd love to learn from some of you guys.

Real life sucks.

Edit: How do I approach fox? I feel like I'm always getting naired in the face.

General Heinz

Smash Journeyman
gotta keep a tight dashdance to avoid his aerials. they're really ****in fast so if you rush in too quick expecting a grab or something he'll probably get another aerial out before you can blink.

proper spacing of falcon's own nair is what i find most useful. you can bait approaches and punish with a retreating nair and get a grab at lower percents or a techchase/followup at higher percents.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
Too true.

If I know the Fox is going keep DDing, I like that I can just run in and they don't do anything. Problem is that awkward distance where I'm close enough to the edge that I can't run and aerial reliably without jumping offstage but I'm far enough from the Fox that he can still DD relative comfortably. At least, that's where I'm having problems anyway.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I think up+B OOS could be used more to shake people when it legit 100% shield-punishes something (like Sheik f-tilts) but I think the percentage restrictions are rough and limit its utility. And shielding with this character is generally bad anyway 'cuz it means you're not moving and staying evasive or applying pressure and so forth etc.

Up+B isn't a great move except for killing people when they're far offstage and nothing else will reach. It's an offstage combo finisher if you can't reach with knee because no jump or odd positioning.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Isn't it a bit late to be planning a flight to ROM? November is not the friendliest month for plane ticket prices..

Twinkles

Smash Lord
Rock transformation on Pokemon Stadium is so ****ing good holy ****.

Water transformation feels really awkward to me.

Top Bottom