• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C.Falcon Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
you dont need advice if you are not ****** doods with falcon then he is not for you
Shouldn't you be at the marth boards?

---

First thing...You need to Z cancel.

Second thing...You have the right moveset going (Grab combos, uairs, etc.) but all you need to do is fight real people and practice. A good way to practice is going into training mode and trying out falcon combos with a lot of characters.

_kSo_

Smash Master
www.youtube.com/kso4351

hopefully this will help - i have lotsa falcon match videos and combo videos

- ztech and zcancel more, and don't do falcon kick unless you are comboing or edgeguarding*

- fthrow to fair is good and so is uair to upb. use them, they are easy combos

*edgeguarding with falcon kick is pretty risky so, i wouldn't suggest doing it at your current level

PK n00b

Smash Rookie
From what I've seen, the strongest Falcon combos are juggling combos. Try to get your opponent in the air, then close the distance on him and do repeated cartwheel kicks to rack up damage.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I was pretty impressed by the computer, it did a 3 hit combo of Utilts and Usmash...
First thing to do is to learn how to Z-cancel, then you can try working on combos.

*Edit*
Holy crap I'm a smash lord :)

*Venus

Smash Cadet
I was pretty impressed by the computer, it did a 3 hit combo of Utilts and Usmash...
First thing to do is to learn how to Z-cancel, then you can try working on combos.

*Edit*
Holy crap I'm a smash lord :)
congrats

10har

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Yeah practice this in training mode until you get it , 2x Usmash then 2x Uair (up aireal) on another Captian falcon. once you can get that every time start being creative with that and you'll see a lot of combo devlopment, also dont try to Uair someone when they are clearly out of your hitbox.

onegoal...heaven

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm, one thing I have to say guys (no offence) but falcon players these days are predictable XD. I'm a dedicated pimp suit falcon player (thanks to KSO who's vids got me started with falcon) and there are some basic moves you must learn. If you know the advanced techs. then everything from here will be understandable. Now, Falcon is a char. that is best used for mindgames, speed and counter-attacking. A noob falcon will stay still and always wait for the opponent to stay still so they can attack (I think). A predictable falcon will keep on using the same easy tactics such as dash dance to grab/usmash or link every move into a grab. A good falcon player would use mindgames and their speed to trick the opponent. An example would be how a good falcon player would be unpredictable by using many tactics of falcon such as whiffing a fair to a dtilt and then grabbing, dash dancing to backwards fastfalled empty jump to falcon kick etc. They would never stay still, instead, they would use do a full jump uair (whiffed) to fast falled fair (whiffed). Just keep on whiffing and don't stay still. Oh and most people use the same combos, which can get boring but is useful, so don't think that falcon is all about uair, usmash and upb because falcon has some other amazing combos as well. Just check this out http://youtube.com/watch?v=kAkQor63Pj8

Another thing, play battles online, read smashwiki and be distinct. I mean that you shouldn't play like most people who play online, make your own style up, and even put in some wacky moves you might think is cool. Remember, this is just a game, you're supposed to have fun and be creative. I must say that you should learn how to do the cliche combos first because they are actually important moves that help you in any situation. the uair uair uair uair upb combo may seem lame, and some people might hate you for doing it but it's just one of the best combos that really helps. Once you get those combos down, start watching combo vids and try copying them to get your tech. skill down. Oh and there are some aspects of falcon that make him really great that most people don't use, his dash pivot. Here is a wiki article on it and I made the dash pivot section. I just hope you can understand it XD. Here it is and good luck in your journey of smash!. Oh and if you go online, I'm .:{G}...Heaven {ÜX-1}~[Omega]:.

http://www.smashwiki.com/wiki/Captain_Falcon_(SSB)

Xela

Smash Rookie
thats true most captain falcon's have the same combo.

I think you need to learn which moves are useful and which ones are not. Falcon kick isn't something i would use.

oh right its called z-cancel in this game. i think its like super important in this smash to learn it because there isn't even like a delay or lag time. such as Link's dair.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
thats true most captain falcon's have the same combo.

I think you need to learn which moves are useful and which ones are not. Falcon kick isn't something i would use.

oh right its called z-cancel in this game. i think its like super important in this smash to learn it because there isn't even like a delay or lag time. such as Link's dair.

You HAVE to use Z-Cancle, and for a begginer falcon itd probley be best to use the R button for your Arial attacks and your Z cancling (as R works as both so you just have to press it alot :p)

As for most Falcons using the same combos is principal, once you master the Usmash-Uair combos your Falcon will only beggin to open up in divercity, its up to you after that how you use them and what mind games you play, me i normaly Dashdance-Empty jump to bait my foes, but thats my style try to find your own and use mine as an example :p (yes i know its probley others too but i didnt try to do that its just what i personaly like)

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Hmmm, one thing I have to say guys (no offence) but falcon players these days are predictable XD. I'm a dedicated pimp suit falcon player (thanks to KSO who's vids got me started with falcon) and there are some basic moves you must learn
Kso is predictable.. lol. very much so. I dont see what makes his falcon anything out of the ordinary from his match vids.

Vs me online sometime plz

dylan_burnett@Hotmail.com

falcon dittos! XD

This is how you own with falcon

1. eat BEEF
2. Fight Jaime till dawn
3. eat more beef
4. dont suck with falcon
5. Do really cool combos out of nothing, and act like you didnt even notice that shuair to falcon punch.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
falcon ditto are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring

You may find them boring but where falcon is the perfect weight to combo...falcon its the best way to start getting good. even if your getting owned in CF ditto you can learn from your foe, if your allready wining try combos you wouldnt in a more tight match up heh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom