• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C.Falcon Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Thanks falcon is my fun char too :p fox aswell actually o.o;;

if your tourny char is pika ima **** my self O.o;;;
good guess

however falcon used to be my tourney character. it wasn't until i launched the SSBO tournament series that I found that pika was amazing so i started using him in tourney

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Wow kso you actually use pika in tourney.

Thats even sadder than the shieldgrab out of fair to fthrow to fair to uair on mushroom kingdom.

Seriously. Who are these tourneys even against? Id like to see vids on 1v1 ill shut up if its uber footage. Xp

^^ (not to be taken seriously)

But ya falcon is awesomer than pikachu, use him. Pikachu just does the work for you, you barely have to try to play a good game with him, same with kirby. But with a lot of work you can have a pikachu thats untoucahble, he's top tier for a reason, and we all know what it is.

But not everyone plays pika like malva, not even boom, his pika is just efficient but not teh total ****. I havent played a great pikachu player ever.

As for me

My falcon is better than any of my characters

I can play...

Pika/kirby.

BECAUSE A ******** SEAL ALSO COULD!! ;)

And Luigi! :)

Luigi is my ''fun'' char, and link

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero

Thats even sadder than the shieldgrab out of fair to fthrow to fair to uair on mushroom kingdom.

Seriously. Who are these tourneys even against? Id like to see vids on 1v1 ill shut up if its uber footage. Xp

^^ (not to be taken seriously)

But ya falcon is awesomer than pikachu, use him. Pikachu just does the work for you, you barely have to try to play a good game with him, same with kirby. But with a lot of work you can have a pikachu thats untoucahble, he's top tier for a reason, and we all know what it is.

But not everyone plays pika like malva, not even boom, his pika is just efficient but not teh total ****. I havent played a great pikachu player ever.

As for me

My falcon is better than any of my characters

I can play...

Pika/kirby.

BECAUSE A ******** SEAL ALSO COULD!! ;)

And Luigi! :)

Luigi is my ''fun'' char, and link

basicly saying if you dont play like Tnga your crap. Main pika? you suck royal anus....i main pika...and just because of that you asume he does all the work for me, xD you know im less understanding of you now then i was at the start :|

P.S this is what part of the alphabet would liek liek if Q and R where removed.

P.S.S Falcon (according to you ) would be the same as pika he does the work for you ...just Usmash then hold up and press a right? Uair combos ftw :D (im not hating on CF im just using this to prove a point :3)

_kSo_

Smash Master

...Pikachu just does the work for you, you barely have to try to play a good game with him, same with kirby.

...A ******** SEAL ALSO COULD!! ;)
You contradicted yourself. If there was a character in the game that "did the work for me" so to speak, why wouldn't I use him in tournament? I mean it's not like he's easy to use or anything like kirby, so I actually had to learn how to use him. Granted, once that was accomplished, everything else kinda fell into place. but honestly, do you really believe that if you use pikachu in tournament, people will look down upon you? no, because everyone does it anyway because like you said, pikachu does the work for you

JaimeHR

Smash Ace
BEEF! Mario does all the work for me, actually he's the one playing, I just sit and watch. LOLCOPTER

Seriously... No character will do everything for you.

My fun character is Ness at Saffron City

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Seriously... No character will do everything for you.
Pika and Kirby will, its hard to play them and look out of the ordinary. I find it easier to tell someones skill from the other chars but thats just me.

This discussion is ********, you all have too much egos, so **** posting here.

basicly saying if you dont play like Tnga your crap.
Ive said it before, Ill say it again.

I suck at smash 64. And so do you

Unless you're one of a very small number of people in the world. If you don't agree with me you're either dillusional, or very dedicated to practicing ssb64.

Thino

Smash Master
ppl dont play at tournaments to show their skill , they play to win lol.

so basically you're saying that someone really good with link and that suck with kirby is more skilled than someone good with kirby and sucking with link?

lol!

AlexBarry

Smash Journeyman
I usually find that people who are genuinely entertained by playing pikachu and/or kirby are idiots.

SuperDanny

Smash Rookie
I main Captain Falcon, but mostly because I only play for fun and I haven't done any tournaments. I used to main Kirby, but the hate was too much so I picked up Falcon, and I also play Mario a little.

I find most people who use Pikachu and Kirby online to be very tough to beat, but usually it's very easy to differentiate someone who sucks and someone who is good, no matter the character they play as. I'm able to beat plenty of Kirby and Pikachu users and I can tell they are obviously not very good. Then on the other hand, I can also get totally owned by a Kirby or Pikachu user and it's only because the player is awesome, not the character. I am aware of the tiers, yes, but I don't ever try to use that as an excuse for losing to someone... although on my 3rd or 4th time losing to a Pikachu or Kirby in a row... I'm usually quick to ask that person if they can please use a different character XD

And on topic for C.Falcon Advice... umm, I like to approach with fair and grab. Forward throw into fair and of course uair to upB, but that's typical CF stuff already mentioned.

AlexBarry

Smash Journeyman
geez whats wrong with being entertained by pika/kirby

Excluding Thino- he cracks me up.
I just can't understand how someone can have fun with pika,kirby or falcon. I guess its all relative but ****.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Posting to say this statement applies to anyone not named Isai
There are a few people (not me) almost as good as isai, they DONT suck at smash.

The rest of you do. Big, big, bigtime. And you probably never will get much better, because ssb64 has practically no tournament scene. Also, online smash is fake, and seriously thinking it shows your skill acuratly is ********.

As for captain falcon advice :

Try to use all his moves, before you go for the usual grab uair bull****. Ftilt sets up a grab, and it works great on Ness I find, when he's doing some flashy useless DJC uairs, just ftilt him and grab him

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Also, online smash is fake, and seriously thinking it shows your skill acuratly is ********.
What a stupid statement. A good player isn't going to end up being horrible just from switching to console. Also online smash is as real as it gets since like you said, there is no competitive ssb64 scene.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
What a stupid statement. A good player isn't going to end up being horrible just from switching to console. Also online smash is as real as it gets since like you said, there is no competitive ssb64 scene.
I think your missing the point (ie. lag spikes, delay etc), also converting from online to console was ****ing hell for me and online smash just sucks period.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I think your missing the point (ie. lag spikes, delay etc), also converting from online to console was ****ing hell for me and online smash just sucks period.
i agree there are a LOT of factors that drag down online ssb game play but you cant say if you never played ssb before, started playing online, became really good (dont comment on that Dylan theres nothign more i need to hear from you that we all havnt heard 239841237 times allready) then tryed to play on console you would not suck at the game, itd be diffrent but you would die due to pointless things that other noobs do.

Online play has its flaws but you can gain skill there at least enough to incress andlp play

cam`

Smash Apprentice
a good player on console is going to be awful until they are used to input delay. you have to completely readjust, it's not much different from going to 64->melee-- there's much more than simply translating your gameplay to online play.

playing online definitely increases your ability on the console though. especially since most people don't have a ton of access to competitive 64 players

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
a good player on console is going to be awful until they are used to input delay. you have to completely readjust, it's not much different from going to 64->melee-- there's much more than simply translating your gameplay to online play.

playing online definitely increases your ability on the console though. especially since most people don't have a ton of access to competitive 64 players
Your right abotu this 100%

But like you siad it would only take ajusting.

saying that online play is worthless is arrogent and ignorant

_kSo_

Smash Master
Your right abotu this 100%

But like you siad it would only take ajusting.

saying that online play is worthless is arrogent and ignorant
online smash is so different than console. i play at like 60% capacity when i play online. its so dumb. mad annoying...

console smash ftw

and no, ssb64 -> melee is not the same as ssb64 console -> ssb64 online

cam`

Smash Apprentice
yes it is. you can't play well until you can perform comfortably. the biggest problem an experienced 64 player faces when trying melee is just getting used to the feel of the game-- it handles so much differently, even though a lot of the strategy and tactics are the same. similarly someone coming from console to kaillera obviously knows how the game plays but it's still nothing like playing on a console: until you're comfortable with input delay, you will do a lot of stupid ****. i'm pretty sure i sd'ed like 3x the first time i tried playing falcon online :[

AlexBarry

Smash Journeyman
yes it is. you can't play well until you can perform comfortably. you can't even begin to play smash (64, online, melee) competitively until you're able to translate what you want your character to do into controller input. if you throw someone who's great at console online they won't have any bearings and won't have much clue how to play. i remember my first few matches i ended up killing myself due to lag-- not to say i'm anything special but i don't have a problem in 64 making my character do what i want them to do. trying to play melee coming from 64 is the same. it's faster, fast fall mechanics are totally different, everything feels heavy and slippery: you need to know how to play the game before you can start playing well in melee, and you need to understand how input delay impacts the game before you can start playing well on kaillera.

......Owned

SheerMadness

Smash Master
It doesn't take long to adapt to online or console. Whether anyone likes it or not online is basically the ssb64 scene. If you don't wanna take a couple days to get used to it I guess thats your loss.

JaimeHR

Smash Ace
I bet most people here have learned a thing or two while playing online smash, then successfully applied that new knowledge on console, so if you are going to complain all the time about online smash i suggest you to stop playing it right away just like KSO or you'll end up being hypocrite.

SuperDanny

Smash Rookie
I can speak from experience. Online Smash has made me BETTER at console Smash. On console I was beating my neighbors as a cheap Kirby, but once I got online, and got comfortable with the controls and my controller, I started to learn a lot... like the fact that I SUCKED. Online Smash introduced me to all the advanced techniques and tricks that now I can do on console whenever I get the chance.

So for me personally, the statement "You get nothing from Online Smash" is untrue. I gained so much and literally rediscovered the entire game thanks to emulation's online gameplay.

_kSo_

Smash Master
yes it is. you can't play well until you can perform comfortably. the biggest problem an experienced 64 player faces when trying melee is just getting used to the feel of the game-- it handles so much differently, even though a lot of the strategy and tactics are the same. similarly someone coming from console to kaillera obviously knows how the game plays but it's still nothing like playing on a console: until you're comfortable with input delay, you will do a lot of stupid ****. i'm pretty sure i sd'ed like 3x the first time i tried playing falcon online :[

you have to change the majority of your metagame because there is literally no shield lag so if you hit their shield you don't have like 83928729837 years to grab them like in 64

64 console -> 64 online is just the delay change. there is no such change from 64 to melee, the physics are different.

in 64 online you just have to adapt to it. from 64 to melee, you actually ahve to learn a bunch of new concepts

i suggest you to stop playing it right away just like KSO or you'll end up being hypocrite.

are you calling me a hypocrite, because i never said i never learned anything from online smash i just said i didnt like it and i could never adapt to it

JaimeHR

Smash Ace
are you calling me a hypocrite, because i never said i never learned anything from online smash i just said i didnt like it and i could never adapt to it
BEEF!Man! has just finished to scan my last message and he couldn't find anything related to "KSO = Hypocrite" on it...

What i said is that if people are just going to complain about Online Smash they should just quit playing it like you did (to bad, I wanted to play you more xP) or keep playing it and stop saying that it sucks.

I know that Online Smash is not the same as playing on the N64, but you all have to admit that it is better to have it like it is now than not having it.

I apologise if you felt that i called you that, i didn't mean to it.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
i really fail to see why melee was even braught up but, i have the same story as SuperDanny and i am better at console so i understand what your saying but yo are being waying to closed minded about it (or at least you where you seem to be straying from you r frist opinion now :p)

and if you play 60% online then give the peopel who beat you online a math equation and then say well according to my console-online ratio i may be able to beat you in real game play (LOL) seems a bit dramatic though for ssb xD

P.S: JamieHR clearly said nothign of the sort, i think he actually reinfoced you because he said that you DIDNT act like a hypocrit because you DID quit online ssb

_kSo_

Smash Master
P.S: JamieHR clearly said nothign of the sort, i think he actually reinfoced you because he said that you DIDNT act like a hypocrit because you DID quit online ssb

yea i realize that now. thanks jaime. sorry for the misunderstanding

umm yea i will probably start playing p2p again if enough people want me to, but it makes me angry when people beat me online in one game and think that i'm some sort of n00b

i remember some guy who played me online a few times then came on these forums and was like "aw this guy isn't **** I played him online and beat him"

yea ok...people online talk so much crap its so **** annoying. Oh you beat me one time? what happened to the toher 18 matches where you got 3 stocked...seriously people like that are the reason i quitzz0red

I will start playing again, hopefully I'll be able to get used to the difference and actually play well for once
:p

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Online play has its flaws but you can gain skill there at least enough to incress andlp play
Depends, You have to play the right people. That can make you better but meh, ssb64 online is fake smash and we all know it.

Its great though, id play melee online, it DOES help you get better by playing lots of different people easily, its just that with the delay and the fact that its not on console, basically, its just not the real game.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero

yea i realize that now. thanks jaime. sorry for the misunderstanding

umm yea i will probably start playing p2p again if enough people want me to, but it makes me angry when people beat me online in one game and think that i'm some sort of n00b

i remember some guy who played me online a few times then came on these forums and was like "aw this guy isn't **** I played him online and beat him"

yea ok...people online talk so much crap its so **** annoying. Oh you beat me one time? what happened to the toher 18 matches where you got 3 stocked...seriously people like that are the reason i quitzz0red

I will start playing again, hopefully I'll be able to get used to the difference and actually play well for once
:p

lol KSO "people online talk so much crap " Welcome to EGX :D dont pay attation to ANYONE who discriminates its a waste of breath :p trust me i get alot of **** too so we have that in common >_>

onegoal...heaven

Smash Journeyman
psssst, KSO, join boom's feyg crew and switch ur name to a noobish one. Sirhc and I joined and boi did we teach those newbs a lesson with our gayness XDDD. I usually switch my name to an unknown one just in case some person who is volatile wants to vs me.

KSO

Smash Rookie
psssst, KSO, join boom's feyg crew and switch ur name to a noobish one. Sirhc and I joined and boi did we teach those newbs a lesson with our gayness XDDD. I usually switch my name to an unknown one just in case some person who is volatile wants to vs me.

I wanted to change my name to Showgunz or DevilJile but meh...

this is my KSO account that i dont have the 4351 after the KSO....

buuuuut you know lolllli guess i'll see how this works out LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom