• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C.E.O. 2010!! Orlando, FL. June 5/6, 2010 Feat. DR PP, Hbox, DARKRAIN!!!! 1 week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
LOL I don't get why ALL the people who were going to GAMME for smash aren't posting here...

If only there was someone to inform ALL of them that an event JUST as large is replacing it...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

This is gonna be amazing regardless

PEEF!

Smash Hero
The Disney World thing is still happening, Frames works there and transferred the tickets here.

I'd say it will probably be like 80 or so for melee? maybe a bit more or less depending
DISNEY WORLD?

Whats this?

Hax$?

(he be mad)

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Also, will there be multiple recording setups so I can get some friendlies and MMs recorded with some OoR? I like videos =]

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
aw, that sucks frames. Losing a job sucks...thats something i dont even jokingly lol at unless they outright quit

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
**** fired like ****

o well i didnt wanna go that bad anyway. that gives me 1 extra day at universal XD

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
hopefully theres a way for me to get enough help that i can still enter stuff

but most likely not :(

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I will take anyone in a $1 sopo ditto MM!

As long as it gets recorded.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
The champ with such modesty! He deserves to be in all caps in the title, imo.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Yeah take him out and put PEEF in. Tope 2nd rate. PEEF is divide by 0 rate.

LOL

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
u can have the livestream still and record the matches in another program..i think thats what sleepy k does
you need another pinnacle or recording device though. I'm pretty sure they can only output to one program

Ballistics

Smash Champion
u can have the livestream still and record the matches in another program..i think thats what sleepy k does
my dazzle only lets one program access it at a time so if im streaming external apps can't use it, you can use the streaming website to record matches but that quality isn't that good

or two dazzles can stream and record but alas i only have one

Videos get watched maybe once by people and they are done with them, id just rather treat it like a tv show and stream it

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
doh talk to forkgirl, shes coming i believe <3

also i think either monday/tuesday or tuesday/wednesday we are (me chinesah kaiser and my gf) going to universal/islands of adventure so other peeps should come ^^

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
doh talk to forkgirl, shes coming i believe <3

also i think either monday/tuesday or tuesday/wednesday we are (me chinesah kaiser and my gf) going to universal/islands of adventure so other peeps should come ^^
OH man, I haven't been there since I was in Middle school. It was SO much fun. If I wan't going to MLG I would definitely be going to this. :( sry PLank

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but STREAMING for Smash Won't be happening.

We will be streaming Super Street Fighter 4 throughout the weekend. If any of you have a projector though and want to set up recording you should do so. Just an internet connection alone to the warehouse is costing me 225 bucks for the weekend and we're gonna dedicate it to the Live Stream only for Street Fighter. So I shall also shatter any hopes of wifi there cause We simply can't afford to allow Wifi and have everyone sucking up our bandwidth with such sites you guys may use like teletubbies.com, smashhoesnotbros.com and what I'm sure you all still use myspace unlike the rest of the world.

Seriously though MLG for Smash is that same weekend, everyone will probably be watching that one if they stream it. You guys should focus on recording matches for personal and posting online use.

Have a Smashing Day.

Ballistics

Smash Champion

We will be streaming Super Street Fighter 4 throughout the weekend. If any of you have a projector though and want to set up recording you should do so. Just an internet connection alone to the warehouse is costing me 225 bucks for the weekend and we're gonna dedicate it to the Live Stream only for Street Fighter. So I shall also shatter any hopes of wifi there cause We simply can't afford to allow Wifi and have everyone sucking up our bandwidth with such sites you guys may use like teletubbies.com, smashhoesnotbros.com and what I'm sure you all still use myspace unlike the rest of the world.

Seriously though MLG for Smash is that same weekend, everyone will probably be watching that one if they stream it. You guys should focus on recording matches for personal and posting online use.

Have a Smashing Day.
MLG cant stream because Nintendo won't let them. MLG is only running brawl not melee anyways. This is sad news that I can't stream but hey its your money on the internet connection so I won't protest. But I hope that money isn't coming out of all of our door fees because then it would sort of be a community livestream and we should share.

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
MLG cant stream because Nintendo won't let them. MLG is only running brawl not melee anyways. This is sad news that I can't stream but hey its your money on the internet connection so I won't protest. But I hope that money isn't coming out of all of our door fees because then it would sort of be a community livestream and we should share.
I forgot that Plank had told me that already about nintendo not supporting Tourneys at all for Brawl and Melee.

I'm paying for the Internet out of my own pocket so my plan wasn't to take door fee money out. We're hoping to break even at this event. I'm not doing it for the profit, just don't want to lose all the money I've put in.

With that said We are getting a cable modem with a 4 port hub.

If you guys want want to give me 112.50 to pay for half of the stream up front then you guys can get your own cable and use a port to stream the event as much as you'd like(My Stream guy said it really shouldn't effect the quality of either stream if 2 are up). Otherwise if you can't give me any money up front at the event for the cable then we will be the ones using it. Fair right?

Can let me know right before the event if you guys can combine some money up for a stream.

PEEF!

Smash Hero

Have a Smashing Day.
So much wrong in this post.

This is exactly right, ESPECIALLY if Melee brings in more players than SF4, which might happen. It would be ridiculous for the Melee players to pay for the $225 internet just so the SF4 people can stream and go to 100actionsperminute.com and mygameislikewatchingpaintdry.com or wherever your SF4 players might go.

EDIT: (after reading your above post)
Uh...Plank should start some fund...or not. We could ask everyone there to pay a dollar or two and we should be able to cover it.

I like livestream, but I think it is FAR more important that matches get recorded rather than streamed. A reference on great matches has such a higher value than instant gratification of watching live, and I would totally rather have them recorded than just streamed.

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
Umm doesn't Smash have 1000actionsperminute lol. I never mean to offend just like to joke alot so I enjoyed your post back.

See how quickly I'm willing to work with you guys. Help pay for the stream and you guys get the chance to do so :).

We're using justin.tv/ceo2010 for our stream and have tested it already and the quality is pretty good on archived videos so that's another way for you guys to save everything in case someone doesn't record matches.

As for Who brings in more players Melee or SF, it's not really a contest. Plank and you guys and SRk are both doing an equally great job bringing people together to an event with less than a month of preparation. Besides if you guys are lucky You may just get my "free" money when I enter Melee if I can get the time. But yes our main goal is to get 150 people in total for us to break even. Anything after that will be split fairly between me and Plank.

I also am adding a Raffle to the event in case you guys don't check my SRK thread.

2 bucks a ticket or 3 for 5 and there are prizes like a Brand New PSP-3000 and gift cards that I'm getting all together myself so anyone at the event including spectators could spend just 2 bucks and win something worth at least 20 or even 180 like the PSP.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
Yes I sort of expected you were doing it out of pocket in which case the stream is all yours and I admire your conviction to have an awesome tournament, the last SFIV stream i saw had around 3 thousand viewers and i think pound 4 had around 800 - 900 so it would be much more useful to you guys anyway. If someone is going to record and upload matches like finals and important tournament matches I think they should be paid, or at least have the door fee waived, because it really is alot of work to upload high quality matches. But if someone wants to do it for free hey go ahead more power to the community. As for me I'll probably just record my money matches

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
Yes I sort of expected you were doing it out of pocket in which case the stream is all yours and I admire your conviction to have an awesome tournament, the last SFIV stream i saw had around 3 thousand viewers and i think pound 4 had around 800 - 900 so it would be much more useful to you guys anyway. If someone is going to record and upload matches like finals and important tournament matches I think they should be paid, or at least have the door fee waived, because it really is alot of work to upload high quality matches. But if someone wants to do it for free hey go ahead more power to the community. As for me I'll probably just record my money matches
That's cool you noticed the numbers and such. You guys may not know this but When Melee first came out I placed high in a lot of tournaments using Peach way back in the day, prolly before most of you were born jk. Brawl turned me off with how Broken I felt Meta Knight was when it first came out so I stopped playing the game. But it would be fun to see if my muscle memory can still hold up with Melee.

But yeah the stream is up to you guys, pitch in and you can use it. Otherwise you can understand why Streaming just SF is the biggest draw. I mean there's like 3 other games we're hosting for Street Fighter and even I know nobody cares about the older ones. Super Sf4 is just too big for now so everyone just watches those streams its nuts.

Just let me know if you guys end up wanting to jump on board and create your own stream.

But any success that happens of you guys will and should have all credit going to Plank and Hungrybox. If it weren't for them getting my attention, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

So I hope you Smashers have a great time during the weekend. I must say Melee and Brawl after all these years to draw all these numbers is simply impressive. Besides Super Sf4 pretty much no other fighters exist anymore in our market. And Super will be dominate until Marvel Vs Capcom 3 next year.

Jesus, Super is so big They get their own TV now lol http://www.i4u.com/article34262.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom