• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Byleth: Joins House Smash Brothers Social Thread

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hey just dropping in to tell you guys congrats in your character making the cut.

Hope you enjoy playing him/her. :)

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well congratulations . They look fun, but I am shocked they did this, when Sakurai said himself he was worried about too many FE characters

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Was hoping for a TH rep (was rooting for Edelgard/Dimitri the most) but happy the game has rep! I'm really glad they don't just have the Sword of the Creator as well.

Last edited:

etnoika

Smash Cadet
Congrats guys, I haven't had the chance to play 3H yet, but I've loved FE since Awakening.

Hope ya'll are ready for the online vitriol now though.

ZelDan

Smash Master
The Edelgard fan in me is sad, but the Three Houses fan in me (as well as person who wants more first party past the Fighter's Pass), is happy.

Congrats to you all!

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I would've preferred Edelgard but damn I am so happy right now. Three Houses deserves all the love it gets so seeing a ton of content from it in Smash is amazing news.

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
A character that comes from a better game than FE Fates? And confirms that Nintendo characters can still be DLC? Heck yeah I'm hyped about Blyeth being confirmed!!!

SS2000

Smash Apprentice
Finally, a first party character! I was feeling sick of third party characters. I never thought the day would come that it felt like Nintendo characters were being held back by third party characters, but that is how it felt it had become. I felt like I'd rather get a hundred Fire Emblem characters over another third party character at this point.
I knew if there was going to be a Three Houses character, it would end up being Byleth. My only disappointment is that I feel like this is a character that could've had the potential to be a lot more unique than simply using different weapons. Mainly via the possibilities his signature move of Divine Pulse could bring, which is sadly nowhere at all to be seen.
I hope people that were expecting another third party character don't get too salty. I'm sure everybody will be glad it wasn't another blue-haired-swordsman at least, we now have a green-haired-swordsman! lol

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
BYLETH IS IN AS THE FINAL CHALLENGER OF FIGHTERS PASS 1!!!

Congrats guys! He's looking pretty fun to play (though I wish Divine Pulse was implemented into his moveset but oh well), and I hope you guys think so too! And also... it's just nice to get some reassurance. Reassurance that Nintendo or Sakurai or whoever the heck is in charge of the decision process isn't overlooking first parties when choosing DLC characters.

D

Deleted member

Congratulations contreras!

Really hyped to try out Byleth as someone who liked Three Houses.

I wish we got a spirit battle and a Mii costume of Annette doh.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
All the in-jokes during the reveal were honestly amazing. And they included the gatekeeper, too!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I just came here to say...congratulations, y'all! You got what you wanted and that is a good thing. Let us all hope that Byleth will be fun as a character to use.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
Just dropping in to say congrats on Byleth! I haven't had a chance to play Three Houses yet, but I'm hoping to in the next few months. They look really fun, and I'm glad we're finally getting a new FE stage!

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
Congrats to you guys. Hoes gonna be mad, but don't you worry about them. They can be as mad as they wanna be but they can't take your character out of the game.

D

Deleted member

Congrats to you guys. Hoes gonna be mad, but don't you worry about them. They can be as mad as they wanna be but they can't take your character out of the game.
I relate a lot with this statement as a DQ fan, lol.

Nihilem

Smash Apprentice
Also congrats from me .... while I woud have preferred Edelgard at least Three houses got its spot in smash (and therefore also stage + music in it) which is good news.

But my question to you all: Do you think Byleth is on par in moveset design with the other dlc characters? Because I am missing something thats truely makes him special ... like Joker had Arsene, Hero his command menu, Banjo Wonderwing and Terry his finishers. I have a little bit a feeling that they treaded him as a filler char so that more ambitious third party reps are saved for dlc pack two ... or am I missing something.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Byleth looks fun, and quite different from the others. Still though, I remember they said Rex and Pyra were too new to join... yet Byleth still makes it in. I feel this was a huge Nintendo push to get another one in due to the hugeness of FE

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Congratulations, Byleth crew! I really enjoyed Three Houses, so it was a pretty cool reveal for me too, but it must be even better for all of you whose most-wanted character was Byleth!

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Congrats! Byleth certainly wasn't my first choice(Even among Three Houses characters), but I am glad with how he turned out. I mean, he actually wields a good variety of weapons rather than just a sword.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Don't get me wrong guys, I am happy for Byleth, she looks really fun, and love her female design. Just feel like pointing that out.

D

Deleted member

Ngl, seeing everyone outside this thread caring more about discussing or getting heated over anyone or anything that either likes or dislikes Byleth makes me kinda sad.

maxresdefault.jpg

Why would the people hyped for Byleth I tend to talk with prefer to spend this great moment discussing with people who are closed minded onto hating Fire Emblem rather than being here celebrating with all of us.

D

Deleted member

I never offered my support (and I dunno why I didn't earlier), but words cannot describe what I am feeling. I am literally shaking from excitement and I was screaming when I saw that map. I knew what was coming, but I was holding my excitement until I knew for sure it was Byleth.

When I saw that it was indeed them... oh my god I was losing my mind. I was shouting, screaming, and pounding my chair out of excitement! I just couldn't believe it and I feel so happy to see Byleth in Smash after being told by some people that they would be a boring inclusion or "X character would be better." I knew they would be unique and I am excited to main them alongside Joker and King K. Rool.

I love Three Houses (my GOTY of 2019) and I love Byleth. Seeing the game be represented and seeing them in Smash has me beyond excited! I am so freaking hyped!!!

Also, Byleth was the third character to make me this excited over a character in Smash. The first being Joker (my dream character) and the second being Banjo (my never ever).

zferolie

Smash Hero
Ngl, seeing everyone outside this thread caring more about discussing or getting heated over anyone or anything that either likes or dislikes Byleth makes me kinda sad.

View attachment 257981

Why would the people hyped for Byleth I tend to talk with prefer to spend this great moment discussing with people who are closed minded onto hating Fire Emblem rather than being here celebrating with all of us.
I mean it sucks for that, but you can't blaime them really. There has been a huge influx of FE characters. Luckily everyone is very different then the start. I am happy for you guys, and I love how much details Sakurai has put into the character. I am sure they are super fun, but you got to see their side.

Still, congrats again! I will be using her a lot as I like how her playstyle is

Neosonic97

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai the madlad actually did it. It ain't Reimu, but Byleth looks cool enough, and I do like how they took a jab at 'TOO MANY SWORDFIGHTERS' by making only about a quarter of Byleth's moves using the Sword of the Creator. Congrats to those who wanted Byleth! Definitely gonna be trying them out when they release.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Excellent to see Byleth included in the roster. From the very start, he was one of the characters I was most expecting, be it in the first or second fighter pass. That said, I'm honestly not surprised.

I think incorporating the other weapons in his playstyle was a clever idea, and a great way to represent the other houses. Since characters in Three Houses can use any weapon they like, in a way it's fitting for Byleth.

I sincerely look forward to playing as Byleth. Like Robin, he seems to have a tactical playstyle--which I like.

Top Bottom