• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Button-Smash 2015 Results 1st Post

Wizzow

Smash Cadet
Is smash going to be streamed on the keepetclassy channel for top 8 and anything else on Kaiza's channel if we have the bandwidth/setup for it?

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Ok I've got a list of all entrants and will be doing Pools for all games today. Also going to slap some people cause a few have entered twice.

60 Melee
47 Wii U
26 PM

PM ruleset added to OP

Last edited:

Barrydabusdriver

Smash Rookie
Hey im new to smash tournaments, and I was wondering if its possible to go to the event just to spectate(not to participate) or do you need to buy a ticket for that?.

Last edited:

Sloth

Smash Ace
Where these pools at?
I'm so rusty I'll likely get into Amateur bracket. Looking forward to seeing some old faces yo.

May or may not drink beer during down-time in West End....

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Smash Wii U pools:
Pool 1:
Hotdog
Arby
Avros
Aximilo
Betterpart

Pool 2:
HopeDealer
Forte
Aura
Glassy
M-M-M-M-Maximum!

Pool 3:
CaTs
Uproar Adric
Code_E
TPP
Jett

Pool 4:
Dekar
Sloth
Sifo1
Breaker
Mr. Touchdown

Pool 5:
Gords
Jedi Link
Rad
Bay
NefeliousG

Pool 6:
Jyoshi
Jarop
Neon
Matthew
2poor2compete

Pool 7:
The Mastadon
Pan1cMode
Tranq
WJ_AlertTulip0
KillChrono

Pool 8:
Jindrak
Papa Cheese
Tow3l
Len
DreadTech

Pools may change slightly as some people have bailed and I don't know who.
If you don't see your name on the list and you registered let me know.
If you see someone on the list you know that's not going let me know.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

Wizzow

Smash Cadet
Smash Wii U pools:
Pool 6:
Jyoshi
Jarop
Neon
Wizzow
2poor2compete
My registration (according to keepetclassy) should have been changed from Wii U to PM, so I shouldn't be in there (and I should be in PM if Zac doesn't have me in that already)

Splice

Smash Hero
Hey guys, enjoyed bits of the stream today!
Anyone got a Top 16 for Melee or Project M?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
can't sleep coz a certain smasher is snoring like it's a world record attempt and a certain dog ate my earplugs
PRE JOHNS

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Quick shouts

Firstly to the sm4sh guys for their continued dedication to the game and scene they love. Despite the lack of set ups you guys got it all smashed out and I hope you enjoyed yourselves enough to make it worthwhile. Big thanks to mah boi hotdogs for TO'ing, there's no way I could have done it all myself. I wanted to have the top 4 on main stage but you guys were ready to go at like 1pm and the stage wouldn't have been free until 11pm or something redonk.

To the travellers for all games, thank you for putting in the time and effort to make the journey for this. The tourney would have falled flat on its arse without you guys (as in it legit might not have happened lel). So big thanks for coming up and we'll be sure to have something greater in the future.

p.s we have the better falcon

lets go

Agonvaga

Smash Apprentice
Someone told me to post this here:

"Who via the rules I said won and who do I fly out"

Agonvaga

Smash Apprentice
Only one flight if a VIC player placed first, so Gerd (S-Pup?) gets it, as for the hotel, Sam gets that (if for some reason him and Gerd hate eachother, err, SD predominantly gets the hotel, but I doubt that as anyone hating S.D is kinda *swear words*, plus I'm 100% sure if it's Smoking Pup he's smart anyway).

Also if Sam doesn't want the hotel stuff and/or is being hosted elsewhere (someone told me, I think it was Phil, that he lives in the sticks), then it goes Dekar > Gerd. <3

Edit: I can't read.

Last edited:

Hotdog

Smash Lord
All good homie, shoutouts to Zac for keeping it all under control the best he could. TO'ing is pretty stressful so big props to him for managing 60+ peeps in Melee and PM.

Last edited:

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Also another shout to everyone that brought equipment, nothing gets done without it so props for the surpkuss of setups.

Most expanded dong award to Gerd for helping with tv transport.

Splice

Smash Hero
Cheers for putting up da results

Are there tio brackets for PM and Smash4 singles?
If you could upload these it would be appreciated

Hope you all had a good time
From-the-comfort-of-my-bed shoutouts to Kai for making stream happen
and to AussieRob for making me punch my desk in hype when you clutched the losers bracket set against Cao. Grats man
Decent effort from VIC boys, dw Phil there's still heaps of months left, it's still gonna be the year of the bird

Last edited:

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Shoutouts to everyone for coming, this tournament just made me want to play smash more than ever.

Special Shoutouts:

1. Zeeeek: thanks for running the show man. Sucks that tekken ****ed us over at the end but you still did a great job and appreciate all the pre-tournament set up you did that most people probably aren't even aware of. One day I will overcome the rob block you always put up in my tournament history lol.

2. The smansion guys for housing me on Friday and just hosting a sweet weekend in general.

3. SA nick, the dark horse that quietly tore it up in bracket. You're super good dude, I have mad respect for you.

4. The GC boys for being super supportive. Felt like I always had you guys backing me. Let's step it up GC!!

5. Kai! Almost forgot, but you put in amazing effort with the streaming dude. People like you really help the scene grow and I think your efforts should never go unnoticed. Thanks again.

Ultra special shoutout:

One day, skeletom and I are going to have little falcon babies. Those babies will have all kinda of adversities to overcome during their childhood years, and some may be turned to join the dark side of the fox.

One day in their life, when it is time to find their place in the world as an adult, they will need to travel to the Land where it all began. Otherwise known as San Jose. There, papa isai will bless them with the gift, and australia will have a new hero.

But for now, skeletom and I will keep trying. And if anyone can do it, it's Tom.

I have so much respect for your falcon dude. Keep tearing it up. Hopefully we get to play again soon.

Last edited:

DutchGC

Smash Rookie
Shoutouts to everyone for coming, this tournament just made me want to play smash more than ever.

Special Shoutouts:

1. Zeeeek: thanks for running the show man. Sucks that tekken ****ed us over at the end but you still did a great job and appreciate all the pre-tournament set up you did that most people probably aren't even aware of. One day I will overcome the rob block you always put up in my tournament history lol.

2. The smansion guys for housing me on Friday and just hosting a sweet weekend in general.

3. SA nick, the dark horse that quietly tore it up in bracket. You're super good dude, I have mad respect for you.

4. The GC boys for being super supportive. Felt like I always had you guys backing me. Let's step it up GC!!

5. Kai! Almost forgot, but you put in amazing effort with the streaming dude. People like you really help the scene grow and I think your efforts should never go unnoticed. Thanks again.

Ultra special shoutout:

One day, skeletom and I are going to have little falcon babies. Those babies will have all kinda of adversities to overcome during their childhood years, and some may be turned to join the dark side of the fox.

One day in their life, when it is time to find their place in the world as an adult, they will need to travel to the Land where it all began. Otherwise known as San Jose. There, papa isai will bless them with the gift, and australia will have a new hero.

But for now, skeletom and I will keep trying. And if anyone can do it, it's Tom.

I have so much respect for your falcon dude. Keep tearing it up. Hopefully we get to play again soon.
you did amazing dude, somehow you got even better over the last month or so and i don't doubt you'll keep improving. the chances of a falcon winning an aussie national keeps increasing as the months go by, so hype

Kaiza

Smash Journeyman
Fun trip, was ready to write it off after Day 1 being stuck out in the city and my performance on the day but Day 2's stream and me winning amateur bracket made it more worthwhile.
Thanks to G$, Spup, J-birds and phrase for housing me, love hanging out with you all and getting hype over king of the nerds and geek love, smansion was pretty cool.
Thanks to Aaron/Tulf/Keepetclassy the head organiser for helping with mainstage stuff and checking up on my stream and whatnot, really goes to show that he cares about other communities when extends his help like that to someone he hadn't met until the day.
Thanks to everyone I played friendlies with and everyone who helped run the stream and commentate; Joey, Dreadtech, Noxus, Bus, Skeletom, J-Birds, Spup, Syke, PCG, Redact and anyone who I missed.
Thanks to JKTS, Russell, and DonB for having some good money matches and JKTS for playing me 3 times in various sets over the course of the weekend and adapting to my play for a good amateur finals.

Fun weekend
See you all at BAM7

Last edited:

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace
Shoutouts to all the homies! I miss you guys all the time. :'(

Smansion: thanks very much for the accomodation and the high quality television.
extra shouts to G$. Comfy bed dude thanks.

ggs.
We'll get there.

Good joysticks to everyone for all the hard work they put it to make it a great weekend.

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts time:

It was refreshing to not have to TO for once. Massive props to syke, hotdogs and MY MAN KAIZA!!! There would be no stream without you my man from SA.

GG's to my melee pool, Cao, AussieROB, Mytus, Aura and Jedilink

GG's to everyone I played with in amateurs

Sorry to SANick for being scrublord at melee doubles

Good work on that peach main that c sticked his way to GF ;), gratz to kai for winning ama.

Gords: really enjoyed those sets of tink dittos, there's not many tinks in aus so it was an interesting experience.

Noxus: Really good games man, I always learn stuff when I play you, you keep me constantly on my toes and even though you don't much like pm anymore I've got you to thank for getting me this good.

Max: I'll get you next time gadget....

Tristan: first time I saw you was at SS5, I was a little scrublet lol but really happy that such a good melee player like yourself loves pm. You bopped me in our pm match but I'll be able to study it since it got streamed. GG's

Shoutouts to my pm doubles partner forte who fsmashed me

Smash 4 - GG's all

Solid falcon BAY

Papacheese u be nicest guy

Jindrak - Sorry for knocking you out man, blame hotdogs for not seeding the dreadtech XD.

Hotdogs - Coolest cat around, gj TO'ing, pls looks at past results for interstaters next time, gords gets 1st and I get none (never lost a game to gords) I cry evrytiem.

General Shoutouts:

It's so good to catch up with the interstate homies. PCG (yeh u not vic anymore traitoorrrrr), Smopup, phrase, russell, SA Nick, Mytus, Kaiza, Cao (will get to know you better) Great to meet aussieROB. Sorry for anyone I've forgotten tired johns.

Solid weekend boys.

Last edited:
Top Bottom