• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Buffer Pivot Dthrow CG

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Hopefully the title got your attention.

I brought this up with Raz at a smashfest yesterday when I saw him chaingrabbing Falco with downthrow... and it reminded me of something.

It reminded me of

This right here

Figured an adaption for Peach my exist to extend how long that dthrow chaingrab can last.

I'd test but I don't have a copy of Bawrl.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
I could test this in frame advance. However I don't see it being as useful as Dedede's because his Dthrow has a static Knockback. Our Dthrow will just plop the opponent beyond the height of our reach eventually.

Edit: eh I guess there could be differences based on character height so I'll probably look into it anyway.

:rosalina:

Gameswithgoodies

Smash Ace
there is also the problem that even though her pivot grab is hella long it is also really slow and byt that time i would think people would be able to air dodge it.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I give this a go. You can get like 2 more grabs in if you buffer a pivot grab. the timing has to be on point. Pretty much when you down throw and Peach gets up, she quickly pivot grabs.

Metatitan

Smash Master
If d throw had a set knockback and set angle then this COULD work, but it's not so much d throw's range that's the problem so I don't see her cg being extended. Still research it though, I'd love an extra few grabs if possible.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
If d throw had a set knockback and set angle then this COULD work, but it's not so much d throw's range that's the problem so I don't see her cg being extended.
This.

Besides, Peach's Pivot is incredibly slow. She has a fast grab (frame 6), the fastest dashgrab (frame 6), but a slow pivot, albeit one with good range (frame 13). That's 7 frames slower. As far as I know, buffering only makes attacks come out faster by 10 frames, meaning doing the Buffer Dthrow CG would merely make a 3 frame difference.

What I'm actually more worried about is that the DDD boards deemed this nearly impossible, even though it is probably easier for them than for us and their reward is also much bigger (infinites o_o).

I don't want to be an a$$ or something, but I think it's better to just chaingrab normally without any risks of screwing up and then finishing with an Ftilt > anything. Though I guess testing wont hurt anyway, who knows...

:052:

Xyless

Smash Master
From what I've seen, Bowser's GRBPCG (yeah that's right, Grab Release Buffer Pivot Chain Grab) is easier to pull off than DDD's.

But yeah, like you guys have said, I just can't imagine Peach having any options with the buffer pivot grabs. Unlike both Bowser and DDD, her pivot grab is painfully slow, and it'd probably be faster to GR dash grab, which she already has on a few characters.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
For Fox and Falco I do:

Fthrow -> Wasp forward -> Slap -> Fthrow -> Wasp -> Slap -> Dash attack or fthrow.

Just about a frame trap if your perfect. It's flashy, I'd rather dthrow CG instead

Nicole

Smash Champion
Guys, you COULD buffer some pivot grabs.

Or you could do dair to nair to some other move because you're peach and do 50%.

Or you could combo someone at any percent.

Cause...
you're peach.

Really, this unnecessarily difficult technical crap is useless. I'm actually surprised that a Peach main didn't post it, though, we love our silly technical stuff that is largely useless and ONLY situational. IMO, a waste of time, practice something useful, like consistent freepulls, or try to find us a legit kill setup (now THAT would be helpful).

i'm out!

Two-Ell

Smash Master
lol Nicole I didn't think any one here would make a topic on it. I knew it'd be incredibly useless for Peach the day the vid came out for Dedede.

:rosalina:

¿Qué?

Smash Champion

Or you could do dair to nair to some other move because you're peach and do 50%.

Cause...
you're peach.

Really, this unnecessarily difficult technical crap is useless. I'm actually surprised that a Peach main didn't post it, though, we love our silly technical stuff that is largely useless and ONLY situational. IMO, a waste of time, practice something useful, like consistent freepulls, or try to find us a legit kill setup (now THAT would be helpful).

i'm out!
Well, not entirely. Some MUs are harder to get in that Dair string. In the Falco MU, my starting Damage is always either, grabs from getting close enough or Nair punishing phantom. 80% of the time, it's Dthrow chaingrab to 21%> Fthrow> Dair. No it's not frame perfect, but that's how I start my pressure.

And yeah, it sort of is kinda... ehh. It's still fun to do it anyway.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion

Cause...
you're peach.

i'm out!
it's interesting to look into though since some of us here do have tech skill.

a couple extra grabs would make a dif like vs DDD. instead of 5 grabs wut if we cud get 7-8 + our follow-up.

but peach's pivot grab is too slow so meh, it was looked into i guess.

Top Bottom