• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Words can not describe how salty I am after watching game 4 and 5 between Kameme and Salem. I am going to pretend that what just happened did not happen; particularly the later of the two.

It doesn't help either that Abadango pulled out a pocket Mega Man against ZeRo's Diddy Kong and got 3-0'd when he should of had game 1.

Sorry for double posting here, but I felt like I needed to get this off my chest.

Today has not been a good day at all for the blue bomber. ****ing needs an E-Tank or two.
Yeah, that sucks to see your main bite it when things were going well recently. There's always next time though. And like it was said earlier 13th place ain't too bad.

I'm forgetting the exact tourney, but there was a somewhat recent one where Mega Man also placed high in teams. I think two different players were using him actually.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Yeah, that sucks to see your main bite it when things were going well recently. There's always next time though. And like it was said earlier 13th place ain't too bad.

I'm forgetting the exact tourney, but there was a somewhat recent one where Mega Man also placed high in teams. I think two different players were using him actually.
Abadango used him in team doubles with Vinnie back at Super Smash Con 2016 and got 5th. I hope Abadango doesn't get discouraged about the pocket Mega Man performance against ZeRo and tries another character for the Diddy match up since the Mewtwo/Diddy match up is apparently really bad for Mewtwo; some consider it to be almost unwinnable. Mega Man does well against Diddy; which is something that not a whole lot of characters can claim. Just got to keep practicing.

As for Kameme...
I think he might have a tall skinny chick problem.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Abadango used him in team doubles with Vinnie back at Super Smash Con 2016 and got 5th. I hope Abadango doesn't get discouraged about the pocket Mega Man performance against ZeRo and tries another character for the Diddy match up since the Mewtwo/Diddy match up is apparently really bad for Mewtwo; some consider it to be almost unwinnable. Mega Man does well against Diddy; which is something that not a whole lot of characters can claim. Just got to keep practicing.

As for Kameme...
Megs isn't really a character that you can really pocket. I wouldn't be surprised if Aba drops him.
Bayonetta's tough for us in the air. On the ground, we can take care of it. It's just a frustrating MU when she has the lead on us.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
I wouldn't be surprised either (I actually thought he would switch to another character after game 1), but he put in a decent amount of time and work in him after he played against Kameme back at Umebura 25 iirc. Had he won game 1 of that set, we might of had a different outcome. He didn't look quite the same in game 2 and 3.

Bayonetta is frustrating period; regardless if you have the lead or not. You don't win until you win against a character like her.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I wouldn't be surprised either (I actually thought he would switch to another character after game 1), but he put in a decent amount of time and work in him after he played against Kameme back at Umebura 25 iirc. Had he won game 1 of that set, we might of had a different outcome. He didn't look quite the same in game 2 and 3.

Bayonetta is frustrating period; regardless if you have the lead or not. You don't win until you win against a character like her.
I'm sure that's how some people view Megs. I mean, pellets are a godsend in neutral and the fact that Megs can negate some character's neutral makes it quite frustrating. I'm not saying Megs is more frustrating then Bayonetta, but I've seen a number of people call us frustrating.
Like I said, one poor representation isn't enough to kill us. If this were a continuing trend, I'd be more worried, but it's one time. Don't lose sleep over it.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412

As for Kameme...

On the subject of Aba being discourged about his Mega Man's performance, I don't think you need to worry. If anything, I think this might actually be a good step forward for us having him on our side:bluejump:

https://twitter.com/LG_Abadango/status/785179644131770368

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
If Kameme's performance against Salem's Bayonetta has anything to go by, it could be for one of two reasons:
1. Kameme doesn't have much experience with the MU (doesn't help that Salem is a freaking god with Bayonetta)
2. The MU might be tougher than we thought and we might have to reevaluate it.

I'm fine with reevaluating the MU, but we'll have to wait and see.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Uhh...Guys.

I think I just played THE StylesX2 online. 0_0

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Mega Man X8's soundtrack is a bit underrated. There's better OSTs throughout the series, but it's still pretty solid overall. Really like Noah's Park, Jakob Elevator and the Miniboss themes.

Though for me it's still MMX1 > MM2 = MM3 > MMX2 > MM4 = MM7 > MMX3 as far the soundtracks go. But that's without getting into every single game.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Mega Man X8's soundtrack is a bit underrated. There's better OSTs throughout the series, but it's still pretty solid overall. Really like Noah's Park, Jakob Elevator and the Miniboss themes.

Though for me it's still MMX1 > MM2 = MM3 > MMX2 > MM4 = MM7 > MMX3 as far the soundtracks go. But that's without getting into every single game.
MMX1's soundtrack is flat out legendary. Not only does it almost not have a single unforgettable music theme for the good reasons, but just about every single one of them is catchy in one way or the other and is filled with masterpieces such as MMX1's Title Theme, Central Highway, Vile's Intro Theme and Battle Theme, Zero's Bad*** Intro Theme, Boss Stage Select, Boss Chosen, Chill Penguin, Storm Eagle, Flame Mammoth, Spark Mandrill, Armored Armadillo, Boomer Kuwanger, Sigma Stage 1, MMX1's Ending Theme. MMX1 is one of the best video game soundtracks I've ever heard and for good reason too.

I don't know why, but I find that MM6's soundtrack seems to not get as much love and attention as some of the other ones in the series. It's got some of my favorites like Knight Man, Wind Man, Yamato Man, and Blizzard Man to name a few. Definitely think MM6's soundtrack is underrated.

Last edited:

smashgod75

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3222-6378-9953
I don't know anything about MMX2 and aftermusic but i can tell you that MMX and MM2 have one of the best soundtracks ever

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
I don't know anything about MMX2 and aftermusic but i can tell you that MMX and MM2 have one of the best soundtracks ever
Agreed on MMX1 and MM2.

I forgot to say this, but MM9 has my favorite soundtrack in the classic series and perhaps my favorite soundtrack in the entire Mega Man franchise. Holy hot damn how good Tornado Man, Galaxy Man, Concrete Man, Splash Woman, Boss Fight, Flash In The Dark (Wily Stage 1), We're The Robots (Wily Stage 2), Wily Machine, and MM9's Ending Theme are.

There is a reason why Mega Man's original name is "Rock Man".

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Mythzotick Mythzotick Mega Man 6 in general is vastly overlooked, especially the soundtrack. I'm not afraid to say that it's my second favorite Classic Mega Man soundtrack. So many of my favorite Classic Mega Man songs are from that game, especially Wind Man, Knight Man, Tomahawk Man, Centaur Man, and Flame Man.

I'll agree that 9's soundtrack is legendary, but I'm not sure what my favorite Mega Man soundtrack is. I linger towards 3 because it's my favorite game in the entire franchise, and I just happen to adore that game's soundtrack.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I also forgot about MMX6. The game itself is a guilty pleasure for me. It's far from the best Mega Man title. But one of the reasons I like it is that it's soundtrack is pretty strong.

MMX1's soundtrack is flat out legendary. Not only does it almost not have a single unforgettable music theme for the good reasons, but just about every single one of them is catchy in one way or the other and is filled with masterpieces such as MMX1's Title Theme, Central Highway, Vile's Intro Theme and Battle Theme, Zero's Bad*** Intro Theme, Boss Stage Select, Boss Chosen, Chill Penguin, Storm Eagle, Flame Mammoth, Spark Mandrill, Armored Armadillo, Boomer Kuwanger, Sigma Stage 1, MMX1's Ending Theme. MMX1 is one of the best video game soundtracks I've ever heard and for good reason too.

I don't know why, but I find that MM6's soundtrack seems to not get as much love and attention as some of the other ones in the series. It's got some of my favorites like Knight Man, Wind Man, Yamato Man, and Blizzard Man to name a few. Definitely think MM6's soundtrack is underrated.
Don't forget Variable X. That's a good theme too. It's pretty much MMX's theme along with Central Highway in the first game.

MM6 has slightly underrated OST. I don't think it's the best. But Flame Man, Tomahawk Man, and the stage select are all great.

Last edited:

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
People say that people forget about MM6, but no one talked about MM5 so far... >_<
If ayone asked, it would be between MM9, MM3 & MMX3. I mean, MMX1 had some awesome tunes, but MMX3 has as a light edge in the form of Tunnel Rhino & Crush Crawfish.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
People say that people forget about MM6, but no one talked about MM5 so far... >_<
If ayone asked, it would be between MM9, MM3 & MMX3. I mean, MMX1 had some awesome tunes, but MMX3 has as a light edge in the form of Tunnel Rhino & Crush Crawfish.
5 is vastly underrated as well, even if the weapons systems is one of the weaker ones in the series.

smashgod75

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3222-6378-9953
MM5 is my least favorite of the classic series. I don't know why but i've never liked it. I think MM4 is underrated.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
What are your favorite Robot Master weapons? Mine would be Pharaoh shot from MM4
MM1: Thunder Beam

MM2: Metal Blade

MM3: Magnet Missile

MM4: Rain Flush

MM5: Gravity Hold

MM6: Silver Tomahawk

MM7: Freeze Cracker

MM8: Astro Crush

MM9: Black Hole Bomb

MM10: Triple Blade

My overall favorite weapon is the black hole bomb. I think the name alone speaks for itself on how awesome this weapon truly is.

Also...
Mega Man is now a Pokemon trainer. :grin:

Last edited:

smashgod75

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3222-6378-9953
Mine are pretty much rhe same instead for mm3 and 4 where i prefer hard knuckle and pharaoh shot

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Favorite Weapons. I've got like one or two for each Classic and MMX game to an extent. There's bound to be one weapon you like in each title.

MM1: Thunder Beam/Fire Storm. Both are strong as hell.
MM2: Metal Blade. The GOAT!
MM3: Magnet Missile. Just a cool weapon.
MM4: Pharaoh Shot. One of the best in the series.
MM5: Charge Kick, since it's unique/somewhat useful on smaller foes.
MM6: Silver Tomahawk is extremely useful.
MM7: Junk Shield was the best shield before Jewel Satellite.
MM8: Mega Ball/Flame Sword. Mega Ball has a lot of fancy **** to it.
MM9: Jewel Satellite: Again, it's such a strong shield.
MM10: Triple Blade: Again, it's just strong as hell.
MM&B: Ice Wall: Both a Platform and a weapon, a damn good combo.

MMX/EX1: Storm Tornado/Rolling Shield: Hard to pick for this game, but these are probably my favorites.
MMX2/EX1: Speed Burner: A ****ing burning air dash. works for mobility and combat. It's too damn good.
MMX3: Tornado Fang: Has a lot of uses. And the charged version would make for a good fighting game move like Speed Burner.
MMX4: Frost Tower/Rising Fire: Both are useful. And they look cool as ****.
MMX5: Cresent Shot: Only weapon I really messed with aside from the X-Buster(s).
MMX6: Yammark Option/Magma Blade: Again, both are useful as all hell in that game.
MMX8: Melt Creeper: Good for grounded enemies. Though the X8 weapons are only OK.
MMEX2: Tri-Thunder: It's sort of like the Triple Blade, but slower.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
How about that Switch reveal? If you had to pick a Mega Man related game for it, what would it be? I'd be happy with MM11 or MMX9. Aside from that I feel like it could be interesting to revisit one of the RPG series. Preferably a new entry, but a MMBN collection wouldn't be too bad either. But I've mentioned that a bunch.

So far, I really like the Rolling Cutter from MM1 and Metal Blade from MM2.
Yeah. Rolling Cutter is pretty good too.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
How about that Switch reveal? If you had to pick a Mega Man related game for it, what would it be? I'd be happy with MM11 or MMX9. Aside from that I feel like it could be interesting to revisit one of the RPG series. Preferably a new entry, but a MMBN collection wouldn't be too bad either. But I've mentioned that a bunch.
Realistically, there will probably be a game based off that new show from Man of Action. Y'know, the one that sounds more like a Spider-Man show than it does a Mega Man show. I still have some serious doubts about that show, but then again, Battle Network was vastly different to the Classic series, and I love Battle Network. There's also the fact that Man of Action is responsible for Ultimate Spider-Man... I don't want to talk about that disgrace of a show, so I'm leaning more on the negative side when it comes to the MoA Mega Man show.

I'd love to see a Mega Man 11 or a new X game if possible. Or maybe a third ZX game...?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

Yeah. Rolling Cutter is pretty good too.
Any Mega Man game would be nice for the new console, which looks great. I really like this home console/on the go concept they put into the system. It's really nice but I probably won't be getting it at launch unless it has a decent price and games lineup for it.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Realistically, there will probably be a game based off that new show from Man of Action. Y'know, the one that sounds more like a Spider-Man show than it does a Mega Man show. I still have some serious doubts about that show, but then again, Battle Network was vastly different to the Classic series, and I love Battle Network. There's also the fact that Man of Action is responsible for Ultimate Spider-Man... I don't want to talk about that disgrace of a show, so I'm leaning more on the negative side when it comes to the MoA Mega Man show.

I'd love to see a Mega Man 11 or a new X game if possible. Or maybe a third ZX game...?
True, a game based on the show based on the game could happen. Whether it's good is a whole other question. The Ratchet and Clank movie wasn't too great, but the game based off of it was fantastic, though it was a remake. Maybe said Mega Man game would be an alternate universe version of some Classic Mega Man title? At the very least, they'd have the blue prints for what they want to do in that regard.

Ultimate Spider-Man has the occasional good episode. But it is sub-par compared to Spectacular Spider-Man and 90's Spider-Man(which hasn't aged the best, but has its moments.)Man of Action also made Generator Rex, and that was pretty good. So I'd rather reserve judgement until we see the show in action.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
What are your favorite Robot Master weapons?
Classic series:

MM/PU: I don't have too much experience with this one, so I guess I'll go with Thunder Beam and Fire Storm.
MM2: Air Shooter and Metal Blade.
MM3: Shadow Blade and Needle Cannon.
MM4: Dust Crusher and Drill Bomb.
MM5: Crystal Eye and Napalm Bomb.
MM6: Silver Tomahawk and Yamato Spear.
MM7: Thunder Bolt, Junk Shield and Slash Claw.
MM8: Flash Bomb (2nd favorite) and Tornado Hold.
MM9: Laser Trident (Classic favorite), Magma Bazooka and Jewel Satellite.
MM10: Wheel Cutter, Triple Blade and Chill Spike.
MM&B: Remote Mine and Tengu Blade.

X series:

X1/MHX: Storm Tornado (all-time MegaMan favorite), Homing Torpedo and Chameleon Sting.
MHX Vile Mode (can't believe no mentioned this):

Arms:

Vulcans: Distance Needler and Zip Zapper.
Rockets: Popcorn Demon and Bansai Beetle.
Rocket Punches: Spoiled Brat and Go Getter Right.

Shoulder:

Cannons: Longshot Gizmo.
Lasers: Nervous Ghost and Straight Nightmare.
Cutters: Parasite Sword, Two-headed Slash and Marooned Tomahawk.

Legs:

Napalm: Splash Hit and Bang Away Bomb.
Energy Spheres: Sword Bouquet and Stubborn Crawler.
Flamethrowers: Dragon's Wrath.

X2: Speed Burner, Sonic Slicer and Silk Shot.
X3: Spinning Blade (FOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!) and Tornado Fang.
X4: X: Rising Fire and Twin Slasher. Zero: Ryuenjin and Raijingeki.
X5: X: C-Shot, Tri-Thunder and F-Laser. Zero: C-Sword, E-Blade and Quake Blazer.
X6: X: Metal Anchor, Meteor Rain and Magma Blade. Zero: Shouenzan, Ensuizan, Rakukojin and Rekkoha.
X7: X: Splash Laser and Sniper Missile. Zero: Raijinshou, Hadangeki and Hieijin. Axl: Explosion and Circle Blaze (for those awesome weapons).

And that's as far as I've gotten.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
As much as I want a new Classic or X game or even a 3rd Legends or 3rd ZX game so we can have closure, I think we'll either get some sort of collection that isn't "new" again, what Mega-Spider Mega-Spider said about a game based off of the new tv show that is being made by MoA (which I'm not looking forward to and have pretty low expectations at this point for it), or we'll go through another console generation without a true new Mega Man game; including no collection(s).

On one hand though, one of the 3rd party companies that'll support the new Nintendo Switch will indeed be Capcom, but they also have a library of IPs that almost rivals Nintendo themselves so we're more than likely to get a bunch of other games from Capcom instead so we'll see.
Any Mega Man game would be nice for the new console, which looks great. I really like this home console/on the go concept they put into the system. It's really nice but I probably won't be getting it at launch unless it has a decent price and games lineup for it.
I almost never buy a new console or a new game at launch since I'll usually wait for the price to go down and I like to keep an eye on how well a certain console or game is being received along with asking some friends for their opinions. The Nintendo Switch so far seems promising, but first impressions can sometimes be misleading.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I almost never buy a new console or a new game at launch since I'll usually wait for the price to go down and I like to keep an eye on how well a certain console or game is being received along with asking some friends for their opinions. The Nintendo Switch so far seems promising, but first impressions can sometimes be misleading.
I originally had no intention on buying the Switch but after seeing the preview for it, it did convinced me otherwise but of course, I ain't getting it at launch. Even after I file my tax returns around that time, the console will have to wait. I don't plan to get as much games for it as I did my Wii U, which I have like 40. And as you say, it does look promising but I'll wait and see how the Switch will go come launch in March.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
I originally had no intention on buying the Switch but after seeing the preview for it, it did convinced me otherwise but of course, I ain't getting it at launch. Even after I file my tax returns around that time, the console will have to wait. I don't plan to get as much games for it as I did my Wii U, which I have like 40. And as you say, it does look promising but I'll wait and see how the Switch will go come launch in March.
At least Switch is a much better name than the Wii U. That'll help it sell or at least it'll not have people thinking that it's another version of the Wii.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
At least Switch is a much better name than the Wii U. That'll help it sell or at least it'll not have people thinking that it's another version of the Wii.
True enough. Wii U has some good titles, but I never did like the name of it. I remember seeing a fake NX that was called the Nintendo Duo. I thought that was a cool name. Switch isn't too bad though. If the system has a bunch of games out at launch and isn't abandoned right away, it'll have a strong life cycle. But we need more info.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
True enough. Wii U has some good titles, but I never did like the name of it. I remember seeing a fake NX that was called the Nintendo Duo. I thought that was a cool name. Switch isn't too bad though. If the system has a bunch of games out at launch and isn't abandoned right away, it'll have a strong life cycle. But we need more info.
That is one thing that I would like Nintendo to do; reveal MORE information. March 2017 is almost 4 months away and we hardly know anything about the Switch outside of what it can do and its' game lineup.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
That is true. That's probably one of the reasons why the Wii U isn't selling very well.

Top Bottom