• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
That is true. That's probably one of the reasons why the Wii U isn't selling very well.
That, and a poor marketing campaign. It also didn't help that Nintendo tried to go with the route of using a gimmick to sell a system, but unlike the Wii, the Wii U didn't work out in that department. As much as I think the Wii U in general was an improvement from the Wii, the Gamepad was more of a hinderance than it was a benefit. The Switch, awkward controllers or not, at least doesn't rely on a gimmick to sell the system. The whole switching mechanic feels more like a feature than it does a gimmick to me.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
That is one thing that I would like Nintendo to do; reveal MORE information. March 2017 is almost 4 months away and we hardly know anything about the Switch outside of what it can do and its' game lineup.
According to Nintendo, we won't hear anything else about the Switch until next year. This, to me, isn't a good sign since they need to keep the momentum going for this thing after people were already burned out just for waiting for it to be revealed. If there's one thing Nintendo absolutely sucks at, it's keeping momentum unless it's for some of their games like Smash.
EDIT: Double Post. I forgot I posted here just now. T_T

Last edited:

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
According to Nintendo, we won't hear anything else about the Switch until next year. This, to me, isn't a good sign since they need to keep the momentum going for this thing after people were already burned out just for waiting for it to be revealed. If there's one thing Nintendo absolutely sucks at, it's keeping momentum unless it's for some of their games like Smash.
EDIT: Double Post. I forgot I posted here just now. T_T
I just looked at the Switch Reveal trailer that's on Nintendo's official youtube channel and it now has over 11 million views (now their most viewed video on their channel replacing the reveal trailer for Breath of the Wild) and is STILL #1 on Trending. I hope they are aware of this because it's not everyday that something video game related is #1 on Trending. This is kind of a big deal.

EDIT: Now I really want a true new AAA Mega Man game that won't be based off of the new tv show on the Nintendo Switch. Fingers X.

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
At least Switch is a much better name than the Wii U. That'll help it sell or at least it'll not have people thinking that it's another version of the Wii.
Sometimes I wonder if Nintendo truly thought that "Wii" was an appealing name for a console. It's certainly not one I would've picked.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
My region was having a monthly yesterday with a few higher level players visiting, one of them being Tyrant. He was in my pool, I took a game off of his :4metaknight: and this happened Check out @NMEtyrant's Tweet: https://twitter.com/NMEtyrant/status/789945168896155652?s=09. Twasnt on stream, unfortunately. Later, my friends told me Tyrant himself said he felt I was "on level with ScAtt" or something along those lines and for a moment he felt scared. A bit exaggerated to be compared to him, but it does feel honored to get a compliment like that!

In the overall tournament, I wanted to score a bit higher than what I got (13th out of 84, losing to a ZSS) but it felt like a good day nonetheless, and I'm gonna fight even harder to get on PR.

Btw @Megamang I believe I just ran into you on FG moments ago lol, recognizing your tag. Was interrupted mid match since I had to go to sleep though haha.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
My region was having a monthly yesterday with a few higher level players visiting, one of them being Tyrant. He was in my pool, I took a game off of his :4metaknight: and this happened Check out @NMEtyrant's Tweet: https://twitter.com/NMEtyrant/status/789945168896155652?s=09. Twasnt on stream, unfortunately. Later, my friends told me Tyrant himself said he felt I was "on level with ScAtt" or something along those lines and for a moment he felt scared. A bit exaggerated to be compared to him, but it does feel honored to get a compliment like that!

In the overall tournament, I wanted to score a bit higher than what I got (13th out of 84, losing to a ZSS) but it felt like a good day nonetheless, and I'm gonna fight even harder to get on PR.

Btw @Megamang I believe I just ran into you on FG moments ago lol, recognizing your tag. Was interrupted mid match since I had to go to sleep though haha.
Well...When you have a character whose main gameplan is to constantly annoy you and can very easily stay away from you just by pressing A (or whatever button(s) you have set for attack) while moving back, you're gonna have a bad t...I mean get left with a bitter taste in your mouth.

Even if it was for a moment, the fact that you made a top level player like Tyrant felt nervous and made comparisons to ScAtt has to be something to take food for thought.

None the less though. Congrats on your performance even if you weren't as satisfied as you would of liked to have been. You know you're on the right track if you're getting mentioned in the same sentence as ScAtt. :)

Btw, this could of been an error, but I noticed that in that same tournament that you were just in, it showed that you were using only Mega Man. If that was indeed the case, what made you go only Mega Man instead of Greninja or Corrin?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Well, you should take that as a means of how far you have come as a Mega Man player. And there's nothing to scoff at getting 13th. I hope you keep pushing forward my dude.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
HAPPY HALLOWEEN GUYS!!!!

So what'll it be? Trick. Or Treat.

:evil:

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Happy Halloween Mega Man players! Now to celebrate the best Robot Master!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Can't forget good ol' Pharaoh Man either. He fits in with the Halloween theme as well.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
A bit of a random post, but there's a mix with Xzibit and Mega Man X3. Kind of works out well.

Last edited:

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
You know, there's be something on my mind recently and that is the supposed rumors that's been going around for the past week about Marvel vs Capcom 4 because of this tweet I believe.

If this is the case, who and how many Mega Man characters do you think we"ll get including any possible newcomers from the Mega Man franchise?

MvC1 had Mega Man and Roll. MvC2 had Mega Man, Roll, Tron Bonne, and Servbot. MvC3 had Tron Bonne and Zero.

The Mega Man reps also for Tatsunoko vs Capcom had Mega Man Volnutt, Roll, and Zero; all of which represented 3 different series with all having different "rolls" in their respective series. One of which was a version of Mega Man, one that was a side character, and one that was a Non-Mega Man protagonist that also happens to be an extremely popular character.

This big gut feeling of mine tells me that who we get will largely depend on which version of Mega Man we'll get since I don't think Capcom wants to put in more than 1 incarnation of the blue bomber in, but I also don't think they want to get the same kind of backlash that they got for not putting in Mega Man, or X, or .EXE, etc. not once, but TWICE. Plus, every series outside of the Zero and ZX series has some sort of version of Mega Man, but not every series has a Roll, Proto Man, Bass, Zero, Tron Bonne, etc.

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Personally, as long as we get Rock or Hub (the Battle Network Megs), I'd be all for it. I take it that we'll get Zero, hopefully nerfed from his UMvC3 counterpart. This is a personal request, but I'd like to see my boy Spidey buffed. While UMvC3 did buff him from his MvC3 version, I wouldn't mind if he got more consistent with his normals, and if they bring X-Factor back (hopefully either optional or severely toned down), Spider-Man should get more out of it, since he didn't benefit from Level 3 X-Factor the same way characters like Doom and Dante did.
I want my MvC2 team of Spider-Man, Mega Man, and Venom back. I'd buy MvC4 on that principle alone.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You know, there's be something on my mind recently and that is the supposed rumors that's been going around for the past week about Marvel vs Capcom 4 because of this tweet I believe.

If this is the case, who and how many Mega Man characters do you think we"ll get including any possible newcomers from the Mega Man franchise?

MvC1 had Mega Man and Roll. MvC2 had Mega Man, Roll, Tron Bonne, and Servbot. MvC3 had Tron Bonne and Zero.

The Mega Man reps also for Tatsunoko vs Capcom had Mega Man Volnutt, Roll, and Zero; all of which represented 3 different series with all having different "rolls" in their respective series. One of which was a version of Mega Man, one that was a side character, and one that was a Non-Mega Man protagonist that also happens to be an extremely popular character.

This big gut feeling of mine tells me that who we get will largely depend on which version of Mega Man we'll get since I don't think Capcom wants to put in more than 1 incarnation of the blue bomber in, but I also don't think they want to get the same kind of backlash that they got for not putting in Mega Man, or X, or .EXE, etc. not once, but TWICE. Plus, every series outside of the Zero and ZX series has some sort of version of Mega Man, but not every series has a Roll, Proto Man, Bass, Zero, Tron Bonne, etc.
I heard about those. I'd like to think Capcom is smart enough to add in some form of Mega Man, hopefully with a reworked moveset of some sort. There isn't a need to have his weapons as stances or something. Just give him a handful of unique weapons. I'm not the biggest Zero fan, but he's alright. They'd never use Protoman anyway. Personally, I want Mega Man X, since he's one of my favorite game characters. Battle Network Mega Man would be nice too, but I kind of doubt they'll use him unfortunately. Starforce Mega Man even less so, despite having some of the hypest moves of ANY Mega Man character.

For classic Mega Man, Metal Blade/Leaf Shield/Top Spin/Break Dash/Tornado Hold/Flame Sword/Mega Ball/Gemini Laser/Magma Bazooka/Slash Claw would be my choice for special moves. Y'know, aside from the Mega Buster/Mega Upper and Slide. Super Arm and Thunder Claw for throws. Assuming they give him a ton of variants like Dante and Arthur.

Well ZX series does have a Mega Man in Model X. And gameplay and design wise, Model A looks like a mix of Axl and Mega Man X anyhow. And plays waaaaay more like Mega Man than Axl.

Personally I think we'll get: A Mega Man(not sure which), Some version of Zero, Tron and maaaaaaaybe Bass or TVC Roll.

As for the Marvel side, I'm worried if we'll get any X-Men. I really liked Wolverine, Storm and Deadpool in Marvel 3. And it would suck donkey balls not having two of their most iconic heroes and one of their rising stars in it. It might be a problem getting Doom as well. Which again, would suck donkey balls. ESPECIALLY if Capcom sandbags Mega Man again. Then that's even less characters I'd care to actually use.

For Spider-Man stuff. I wanted Spider-Man, Venom and a new Spider-Man character, either Green Goblin or Black Cat. Punisher also counts as Spider-Man character, so he'd be cool with me too. Also, change his Web-Swing back into a QCB. That'd make me happy.

Personally, as long as we get Rock or Hub (the Battle Network Megs), I'd be all for it. I take it that we'll get Zero, hopefully nerfed from his UMvC3 counterpart. This is a personal request, but I'd like to see my boy Spidey buffed. While UMvC3 did buff him from his MvC3 version, I wouldn't mind if he got more consistent with his normals, and if they bring X-Factor back (hopefully either optional or severely toned down), Spider-Man should get more out of it, since he didn't benefit from Level 3 X-Factor the same way characters like Doom and Dante did.
I want my MvC2 team of Spider-Man, Mega Man, and Venom back. I'd buy MvC4 on that principle alone.
I mostly played Marvel 1 and Marvel 3. But that was one of the teams I used for the little bit I did play of MVC2.

GrandTale

Smash Rookie
I hope this is true, as I enjoyed Marvel 3 when it was still relevent online and it wasn't against top tier teams. I hope this time some Mega Man gets in and not just costumes for Frank and Zero. I'll be impressed if Mega's moveset would be like the team of X and Zero in Project X Zone where they combined special weapons together, or you know more then just Mega Ball, Leaf shield and Tornado Hold.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I hope Marvel vs. Capcom 4 becomes a thing since I've never played a game in the franchise before.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I hope this is true, as I enjoyed Marvel 3 when it was still relevent online and it wasn't against top tier teams. I hope this time some Mega Man gets in and not just costumes for Frank and Zero. I'll be impressed if Mega's moveset would be like the team of X and Zero in Project X Zone where they combined special weapons together, or you know more then just Mega Ball, Leaf shield and Tornado Hold.
I wasn't too impressed with Megs's moveset in Marvel. It just felt so limited on what he could actually do. It's why I adore his Smash 4 incarnation, because it feels like I'm playing as Mega Man.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I hope Marvel vs. Capcom 4 becomes a thing since I've never played a game in the franchise before.
If you can, at least give Marvel 1 a shot. I don't know what systems you have but it's a great game. You should be able to find it on PS1 and Dreamcast. I know Marvel 2 got a PS2 and X-Box port. Even if it's not the best version, I'd still recommend trying it out.

I wasn't too impressed with Megs's moveset in Marvel. It just felt so limited on what he could actually do. It's why I adore his Smash 4 incarnation, because it feels like I'm playing as Mega Man.
If you didn't have to wait for Eddy and just use your moves whenever it'd be much better. I really like his normals though, especially that Donkey Kick. A mix between his Marvel and Smash moveset would be ideal. Top Spin could work like a Tatsu(QCB input as well). Tornado Hold/Metal Blade/Mega Ball could be mapped to a different button while using QCF. Leaf Shield would be a bit more like the Smash version, though it could have one of those SATK+ATK inputs like Spider-Man and Storm have.

And obviously keep his Uppercut/Slide/Charge shot. I think his Heavy Attack(standing, ducking or jumping) should be like his Smash Jab, similar range and speed. The lights are punches, mediums are kicks and launcher is the Donkey Kick. Slide Kick/Slash Claw/Flame Sword(more like the MM8 version)could be Command Normals.

I think he could have different supers too. Rain Flush, Tornado Blow, Lighting Bolt, Astro Crush, and Time Flasher would make sense. He should keep Hyper Mega Man though. Always liked that one.

Long story short, there's a dozen different ways Mega Man can work in a fighter. If Jill and Zero can get their movesets changed up, I don't see why Mega Man can't either.

Last edited:

GrandTale

Smash Rookie
You're right about Smash 4 Mega he does feel like he should but there's a couple things I would have liked better. Crash Bomb switched with Flash bomb (or remove the ability to stick Crash Bomb back on to us), give him Thunder Claw as a Zair but have him have Super Arm as his ground throw (making him feel more unique), and switch Leaf Shield with Skull Barrier (and then switch Skull Barrier with Jewel Satellite because come on... really...)

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
If you can, at least give Marvel 1 a shot. I don't know what systems you have but it's a great game. You should be able to find it on PS1 and Dreamcast. I know Marvel 2 got a PS2 and X-Box port. Even if it's not the best version, I'd still recommend trying it out.
I have a Wii U, 3DS, PS4 and PS Vita. Unfortunately, I don't have any older systems such as the PS1 to give those games a try.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I have a Wii U, 3DS, PS4 and PS Vita. Unfortunately, I don't have any older systems such as the PS1 to give those games a try.
That's a shame. Unfortunately Marvel 1 isn't on PSN anymore. But you might be able to try UMVC3 on PS4 if yours is backwards compatible.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So I had a look at a few Mega Man X videos and.... what the hell?

Well, who ever they are, they're a real champ! At best I could only really do the first phase of the Vile fight that well. Once he's in the right rhythm, it's just a matter of timing your jumps.

Still, it needed X' Gon Give it to Ya in the background.

Last edited:

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
So I had a look at a few Mega Man X videos and.... what the hell?

That kind of reminds me of exploiting Elec Man and Fire Man's AI.

Man. What is up with bosses in Mega Man games having such exploitable AI's like that?

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Not sure if this is an exploit, but it is a weird quirk. You guys know Gemini Man from Mega Man 3, right? That should be a no-brainer question, of course you guys know who he is. Gemini Man's pattern (at least the first part) is him having a clone of himself running and jumping across the room, shooting at you every time you shoot him. Well, only shoot him every second jump. He won't fire back at you. I don't know why this is, but I've always beat him that way.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Toad Man & Blizzard Buffalo have the best AIs ever. :yeahboi:
Toad Man, I'm sorry, but just...just go home all right bud. Your weapon is still awesome so don't feel too bad.

EDIT: If you ever fight Skull Man, he won't even do anything if you just stay still at the start.

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Toad Man, I'm sorry, but just...just go home all right bud. Your weapon is still awesome so don't feel too bad.

EDIT: If you ever fight Skull Man, he won't even do anything if you just stay still at the start.
The same will happen if you jump at the beginning. He'll move when you move or attack. Skull Man's AI is an interesting one to say the least.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Let's not forget the Noise Crush 1-Hit KO Glitch on Spring Man (Turbo Man too), the most hilarious thing of all, probably

That's what 'chu geet for spending only 3 months to make this game.

Last edited:

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Let's not forget the Noise Crush 1-Hit KO Glitch on Spring Man (Turbo Man too), the most hilarious thing of all, probably

That's what 'chu geet for spending only 3 months to make this game.
Wow. 0_0

You know you're bad when you die before your health bar can even start to fill up, in 1 HIT no less.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Should of mentioned this earlier, but I went ahead and got a 2nd Mega Man smash amiibo yesterday since it's so tempting and irresistible. Any time I see one in stores, I immediately go, "Can't...take it! I must...get this".

I also told a friend of mine that I happened to saw a Pit amiibo and he kind of got on me since the Pit amiibo iirc is really rare and is one of the few amiibo that he still doesn't have yet out of all of the Smash line up. I feel like a such a bad friend.

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Should of mentioned this earlier, but I went ahead and got a 2nd Mega Man smash amiibo yesterday since it's so tempting and irresistible. Any time I see one in stores, I immediately go, "Can't...take it! I must...get this".

I also told a friend of mine that I happened to saw a Pit amiibo and he kind of got on me since the Pit amiibo iirc is really rare and is one of the few amiibo that he still doesn't have yet out of all of the Smash line up. I feel like a such a bad friend.
Don't blame you. The Megs amiibo is one of the best looking amiibos ever.
Thank god I have Pit. Granted, it's a Japanese Pit, but still.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The Mega Man amiibo looks great. It's a shame I don't have the gold one.
And honestly, I don't give a **** about Pit.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, if I ever do get any amiibo, it'd be Mega Man's. Ryu's looks kind of cool too.

Top Bottom