• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Don't blame you. The Megs amiibo is one of the best looking amiibos ever.
Thank god I have Pit. Granted, it's a Japanese Pit, but still.
They really did do a fantastic job making the Mega Man amiibo. I love the gloss and metallic look on his helmet, mega buster, gauntlet, briefs, and boots as well as the paint job. His stance also looks completely natural since his doesn't have a stand to help support him which makes some of the other amiibos that do have support stands less appealing and they EVEN paid attention to detail on the lines and markings throughout his figurine.

So lucky that amiibo usually only cost around $13 in stores unlike some of those a** **** scalpers that buy amiibo just to sell them for hundreds online.

How on Earth do you own a japanese Pit amiibo of all things!? lolz

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
They really did do a fantastic job making the Mega Man amiibo. I love the gloss and metallic look on his helmet, mega buster, gauntlet, briefs, and boots as well as the paint job. His stance also looks completely natural since his doesn't have a stand to help support him which makes some of the other amiibos that do have support stands less appealing and they EVEN paid attention to detail on the lines and markings throughout his figurine.

So lucky that amiibo usually only cost around $13 in stores unlike some of those a** **** scalpers that buy amiibo just to sell them for hundreds online.

How on Earth do you own a japanese Pit amiibo of all things!? lolz
I had a girlfriend who bought me a Japanese Pit amiibo after we passed our Junior year of high school. I play Pit for fun, hence why she got it for me. In return, I bought her a Lucina amiibo because she played Lucina whenever we played. I'd... rather not talk about her. Brings up a lot of regret in me.

Last edited:

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
Should of mentioned this earlier, but I went ahead and got a 2nd Mega Man smash amiibo yesterday since it's so tempting and irresistible. Any time I see one in stores, I immediately go, "Can't...take it! I must...get this".
You going to paint it?

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
You going to paint it?
Probably not. I like leaving it unopened for some reason, but who knows if it'll stay like that.

Could end up being fun and a good time killer on a day where it feels like there's nothing to do.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Probably not. I like leaving it unopened for some reason, but who knows if it'll stay like that.

Could end up being fun and a good time killer on a day where it feels like there's nothing to do.
I have a Japanese Rockman amiibo that's sealed. I'm keeping that thing sealed forever.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Okay, now I feel like I have the need to import a Japanese Rockman amiibo myself and keep it sealed along with my Japanese Rosetta and Lucina amiibos.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It was mentioned in another thread, but it would be cool if Smash Amiibo had color swaps like the Splatoon ones. I'd really like a Red/Yellow Mega Man. Though only if I had the classic Blue/Cyan one.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
My Mom tried to scalp at one point, so I have 3 MM amiibos. A friend gave me a custom-painted one a long time ago (who was also one of the very few girls in my Smash community lol) of the Cyan/White One, which happens to my usual color! Idk if she made it herself or not but it was real nice of her nonetheless, and its kinda sad how I don't see her around anymore :(. I also got a Gold version from the Legacy Collection.

Still got one of the 3 normals unopened, but I wanna keep it so I can have the figurines of my favorite characters as trophies of some kind (I also hope I can find an extra Lucina I can keep Boxed and Corrin if he ever gets released).. I'll probably get my remaining 2 Normals custom-painted at some point, as it otherwise feels kinda pointless having multiple figures of the same character

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I just got the Mega Man Amiibo. Gonna try the Legacy Collection challenges in a bit.

Last edited:

GrandTale

Smash Rookie
I just got the Mega Man Amiibo. Gonna try the Legacy Collection challenges in a bit.
Good luck if you're going for golds on the challenges. The only hard one is the wily fights with no items (except wily 5 has an M tank for some reason). When you get to that one good luck on Wily 3.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Good luck if you're going for golds on the challenges. The only hard one is the wily fights with no items (except wily 5 has an M tank for some reason). When you get to that one good luck on Wily 3.
For me, it was the robot master marathon with the mega buster only. If you want to get the gold on that one, you're going to have to exploit Elec Man's AI and possibly Fire Man's AI.

Thank God Slash Man is in Mega Man 7 and not in any in the first 6 games.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There's a pretty good remix of Mega Man 7's Wily stage 1. There's a lot of underrated covers for the classic series on Youtube. Like a lot of popular series, usually only the biggest 3 or 4 entries get a lot of remixes.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The gold one for the 3DS version of the Legacy Collection or the regular Smash 4 one?
Regular. Gold seems cool and all, but I know I'd prefer the regular, unless they had the Fire Mega Man color.

Wily Forever? That one's not a Amiibo exclusive. I haven't beaten that one yet though. Harder than the Robot Master Marathon.

GrandTale

Smash Rookie
Regular. Gold seems cool and all, but I know I'd prefer the regular, unless they had the Fire Mega Man color.

Wily Forever? That one's not a Amiibo exclusive. I haven't beaten that one yet though. Harder than the Robot Master Marathon.
No the one I'm talking about is called Wily's Machines. It's only on the amiibo as far as I know. No robot master weapons, utilities or E Tanks (except for 5)

GrandTale

Smash Rookie
For me, it was the robot master marathon with the mega buster only. If you want to get the gold on that one, you're going to have to exploit Elec Man's AI and possibly Fire Man's AI.

Thank God Slash Man is in Mega Man 7 and not in any in the first 6 games.
That one wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, as I've been doing the challenges before hand before I did that one. I think I did it my second time, but yeah you have to abuse Elec Man. Fire Man ain't that bad, as I now do that instead of using Ice Slasher as it's so much easier. It was the annoying ones like Shadow, Needle, Crash, Wood, and Ring Man that killed some time for gold.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
That one wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, as I've been doing the challenges before hand before I did that one. I think I did it my second time, but yeah you have to abuse Elec Man. Fire Man ain't that bad, as I now do that instead of using Ice Slasher as it's so much easier. It was the annoying ones like Shadow, Needle, Crash, Wood, and Ring Man that killed some time for gold.
If anything though, it felt a lot more like a huge grind and can get monotonous at times because you're fighting 46 robot masters in a row. Depending on how fast you can beat each one and how often you die, it can take anywhere from around 30 minutes to almost an hour.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
If anything though, it felt a lot more like a huge grind and can get monotonous at times because you're fighting 46 robot masters in a row. Depending on how fast you can beat each one and how often you die, it can take anywhere from around 30 minutes to almost an hour.
It doesn't help that they start you off in the wrong position to abuse Elec Man's AI. You have to have split second reaction time to turn yourself around to hit him in time.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
No the one I'm talking about is called Wily's Machines. It's only on the amiibo as far as I know. No robot master weapons, utilities or E Tanks (except for 5)
Ah, that one. Yeah that one is pretty damn hard.

It doesn't help that they start you off in the wrong position to abuse Elec Man's AI. You have to have split second reaction time to turn yourself around to hit him in time.
Elecman is one of more annoying Robot masters in the entire Classic Mega Man series.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Oh, for those who don't know, Mega Man X3 is on its way to the Nintendo E-shop for New 3DS systems. But its not out quite yet. If you don't have a copy of it, or Mega Man X, Mega Man X2 and Mega Man 7, now is a good chance to try them out.

The SNES version is harder to find. But you can play the PS1/Saturn version if you have the Mega Man X collection.

And for fan games, I heard the Battle Network 3D game has a demo out.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Oh, for those who don't know, Mega Man X3 is on its way to the Nintendo E-shop for New 3DS systems. But its not out quite yet. If you don't have a copy of it, or Mega Man X, Mega Man X2 and Mega Man 7, now is a good chance to try them out.

The SNES version is harder to find. But you can play the PS1/Saturn version if you have the Mega Man X collection.

And for fan games, I heard the Battle Network 3D game has a demo out.
Man, seeing all those SNES games on the top screen on your regular 3DS that says New Nintendo 3DS while having the rainbow colored dots that usually surround the word amiiibo also surround the "New" part is such a huge tease as I do not own a New (stupid and confusing name btw) Nintendo 3DS and I do not feel like it is worth it to get a "New" version of the 3DS when I already have when one despite it being more powerful than the regular 3DS so it can be able to handle games like Xenoblade Chronicles.

At the same time though, playing certain games on a handheld like the Mega Man X ones just doesn't feel quite right to me. It's almost as if they're meant to only be played efficiently on an actual controller.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Man, seeing all those SNES games on the top screen on your regular 3DS that says New Nintendo 3DS while having the rainbow colored dots that usually surround the word amiiibo also surround the "New" part is such a huge tease as I do not own a New (stupid and confusing name btw) Nintendo 3DS and I do not feel like it is worth it to get a "New" version of the 3DS when I already have when one despite it being more powerful than the regular 3DS so it can be able to handle games like Xenoblade Chronicles.

At the same time though, playing certain games on a handheld like the Mega Man X ones just doesn't feel quite right to me. It's almost as if they're meant to only be played efficiently on an actual controller.
I can see how you would feel that way. Even if I don't exactly share that sentiment. I'm debating on whether or not I'm going to get Mega Man 7. But I have all the SNES MMX games on the Mega Man X Collection for the GameCube. So unless I really want to play them on the go, I'd probably hold off. Honestly playing fantasitc SNES games is more of a reason to get the upgrade. But with the Switch on the way, you might as well stick with what you got.

The only reason I got a new 3DS was that OG one I owned had a busted hinge.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
This just in, not only was there Marvel vs Capcom 4 announced today, but X is the first confirmed to be in it!! Now we're gettin' somewhere, Capcom!

As an aside, though he wasn't in the video, Captain America was also confirmed as well.

Last edited:

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
This just in, not only was there Marvel vs Capcom 4 announced today, but X is the first confirmed to be in it!! Now we're gettin' somewhere, Capcom!

As an aside, tough he wasn't in the video, Captain America was also confirmed as well.
I found that out in the Mega Man discord through the Dr. Light Social channel when I saw messages on that we got Mega Man X as a playable character in the new upcoming MvC game and then saw a thumbnail with X and Ryu in it.

Needless to say. I WAS ****ING LOOSING MY **** WHEN I KNEW MY EYES WEREN'T DECEIVING ME!!!!

I can't believe it. X IS IN ****ING MARVEL VS CAPCOM INFINITE!!!! **** YEAH!!!!

If we get more Mega Man characters like Roll, Proto Man, Bass, Zero, Sigma, or even Tron Bonne or somehow someway a 2nd version of the blue bomber, I'll need to be put under surveillance in case I literally lose my mind. Even though I think I already have.

lolz

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, I found this video recently. Someone(named Mario) animated a music video of Mega Man 4. I thought you guys would appreciate it. I thought it was cool.

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
It broke my heart seeing the MM2 and 3 robot masters in the incinerator in the background. I guess a place like that would be pretty traumatizing to Mega Man.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869

As an aside, though he wasn't in the video, Captain America was also confirmed as well.
X has made it into MvC, huh? That's something I suppose. I've never been particularly interested in the series(though I have played an MvC game before and I remember using Mega Man in it), though I'd be lying if I said seeing X there didn't spark my curiosity a bit.

Though I gotta say, seeing X fight using kicks and punches just looks off to me. Shouldn't he be fighting in a more Mega Man-like fashion, with his special weapons and all?

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
That will be coming. And I would be shocked if Zero isn't far behind in terms of being revealed for Infinite.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't know. I though seeing him use kicks made sense. Mega Man characters have goofy giant feet. They should be using them to kick people in the face more often.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I saw the new trailer for that new Marvel vs. Capcom game and I must say I'm pretty amazed. Mega Man X being one of the first characters confirmed is a step in the right direction.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
7 years of waiting and we finally got X in MvC as well as Sigma potentially. I suck at traditional fighters, but the hype is still real.

Also I broke some personal rules and finally got the Legacy Collection while it was on sale on the eShop. I'm glad to have the games to go in a more convenient format, but screen size and buttons keep throwing me off on a lot of things. Maybe getting an XL would help, but the original carts still look like my go-to way to play the games.

Challenges are going to be a fun time waster. I must give props to the museum mode. I'm not sure if it was all taken from the Complete Works but scanning most of the Japanese manuals and even the USA variant art of MM6 is something I was not expecting. Too bad they didn't go all the way out and buy a copy of Rock Man 4 Gold to scan/preserve it. :laugh:

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
7 years of waiting and we finally got X in MvC as well as Sigma potentially. I suck at traditional fighters, but the hype is still real.

Also I broke some personal rules and finally got the Legacy Collection while it was on sale on the eShop. I'm glad to have the games to go in a more convenient format, but screen size and buttons keep throwing me off on a lot of things. Maybe getting an XL would help, but the original carts still look like my go-to way to play the games.

Challenges are going to be a fun time waster. I must give props to the museum mode. I'm not sure if it was all taken from the Complete Works but scanning most of the Japanese manuals and even the USA variant art of MM6 is something I was not expecting. Too bad they didn't go all the way out and buy a copy of Rock Man 4 Gold to scan/preserve it. :laugh:
Super pumped that X is finally getting his turn even tough I prefer Rock over X and having Sigma as a potential playable character would be pretty cool too along with possibly more Mega Man characters.

I've heard that we might be getting Roll and Proto Man as new characters, but that's just a rumor soooo...

Yeah, I prefer playing Mega Man games and other action/adventure/platform game on a console instead of on a handheld.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Honestly, if the rhythm isn't as frenetic as MVC3's, I might pick up Infinite, it looks interesting enough.
:196:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I don't know. I though seeing him use kicks made sense. Mega Man characters have goofy giant feet. They should be using them to kick people in the face more often.
If he would've used the dash jets on his feet to make his opponent eat afterburner that would make some sense I suppose.

GrandTale

Smash Rookie
I honestly forgot about Marvel Mega Man after playing games where he wasn't in a traditional fighter. Smash and Project X Zone specifically. When I saw him doing punches and kicks i was confused, then I remembered Marvel 2 Mega Man and thought no wait this is right. Hopefully he gets a wall jump like Mega did, his armor works like Arthurs did, and he gets to use weapons from at least most of his games and not just Mega Man X1 weapons for nostalgia.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
X's Ultimate armor just HAS to be in it in one way or the other.

GrandTale

Smash Rookie
Oh please no! Arthur was decent in full armor and really bad when naked. I don't want X's armor falling off!
I don't see his armor breaking off like Arthur's because Arthur's was like his games where you get hit and it falls off. I see it more like devil trigger from dante and vergil, where they get a temporary power up without the draw backs of Arthurs. Plus there was never a time you saw Mega Man X without his armor (by this I mean his default look).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The armor should work more along the lines of a Devil Trigger, A super that lasts for a certain amount of time I agree. Or like Necalli's V-Trigger, in that he gets a permanent boost to his stats, but maybe he gets some kind of drawback, maybe like certain moves needing more activation time(like how special weapons have a long charge time.)

I heard someone mention him using different armors depending on the gem used, sounds kind of unlikely, on account of how many alterations that would be needed for his character model, but it'd be cool. Maybe Time gives him the Falcon Armor since it's focused on speedy flying.

I'm hoping we get to see him use a ton of different special weapons. Seems like MMX has some kind of Ice weapon already. Which is either Shotgun Ice or Crystal Hunter. Speed Burner, Rising Fire, Frost Tower and Triad Thunder in particular seem WAY too fitting to pass up. Chameleon Sting and/or Twin Slasher seem pretty good on paper, having a weak, but wider covering projectile.

Oh, and Tornado Fang. Either the Normal or Charged versions would be great choices.

I hope Mega Man X gets tons of cool color options too. Red/Orange, Green/Light Green, Black/Red, Yellow/White just to name a few.

Top Bottom