• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
The screen crunch in MM&B made some of the hidden rooms harder to find. Just look at Ground Man's stage. Aside from that it's a solid port, and I'd argue that it has the better versions of the themes.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/m...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

More MvCI info. For those interested in the MM content:
  • X's Level 3 Super has him using the Ultimate Armor (X4) for a cinematic attack.
  • Dr. Light & Tony Stark will be the hosts of a new Collection mode (trophies?, will he appear in Story mode?)
  • The stage from the original/story 1 trailers is indeed a fusion of Abel City/Central Highway & Asgard titled: Xgard.
  • Story mode will be around two hours long.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/m...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

More MvCI info. For those interested in the MM content:
  • X's Level 3 Super has him using the Ultimate Armor (X4) for a cinematic attack.
  • Dr. Light & Tony Stark will be the hosts of a new Collection mode (trophies?, will he appear in Story mode?)
  • The stage from the original/story 1 trailers is indeed a fusion of Abel City/Central Highway & Asgard titled: Xgard.
  • Story mode will be around two hours long.
I had heard about the Ultimate Armor being Mega Man's level 3, which makes perfect sense. Though I wasn't expecting the stage to be named Xgard. Which sounds really cool.

I'm excited to see so much more from this game and Mega Man X. We barely saw much from his moveset as of right now.

FelixFaction

Smash Rookie
In case you guys missed it! This is what 2 years of spamming lemons looks like :)

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, it's a bit unfortunate that there's no 3DS or Switch version announced at the moment. But I am happy to see Mega Man 9 and Mega Man 10 get a physical release. Coming with MM7 and MM8 is a nice bonus as far as I'm concerned.

Though I don't know if I'll get this one quite yet.

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
I still haven't gotten the original collection, mostly because I've completely forgotten about it-a:getting involved in fighting games like Injustice, Marvel vs Capcom, Mortal Kombat and King of Fighters, and b:financial issues. I'll absolutely get this. Now a Mega Man X collection would be rad.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I still haven't gotten the original collection, mostly because I've completely forgotten about it-a:getting involved in fighting games like Injustice, Marvel vs Capcom, Mortal Kombat and King of Fighters, and b:financial issues. I'll absolutely get this. Now a Mega Man X collection would be rad.
The first collection was pretty cheap. If you don't own most or all of the NES games, it's cheaper than getting them all on the E-Shop. I only had MM6 on download. So getting MM1-MM5 on a physical 3DS cartridge along with 6 was enough for me.

I don't know if I'd get a Mega Man X collection though. Since I have the Gamecube one. I mean, I'd only really get it for Mega Man X8, and maybe Mega Man Maverick Hunter X if it's included.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Zero is confirmed! Yes!

The dream is real!

TEAM X/ZERO DAY 1 + SIGMA!!!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Mega Man X's voice sound a bit different than I thought. He sounds younger, it's not terrible, but it is weird. I was expecting something similar to Mega Man X8 or Maverick Hunter X.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Was content with the rumored base roster as it was, so Zero is definitely a cherry on top IMO. With Sigma being DLC and Dr. Light cameo-ing in Collection Mode, I am perfectly content with Mega Man content for this game. Hopefully we get some cool remixes and some awesome alternate costumes (especially since Zero will need a new one).

X's voice is kind of lame, sounds more like a voice I'd expect from Classic MM. It's not the worst voice he's had, but would it have been that hard to re-hire the X8/MHX VA? At least he looks awesome to play as:

Do we have a moveset list for him or for other characters yet? X seems to have four different supers based on the video above.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Was content with the rumored base roster as it was, so Zero is definitely a cherry on top IMO. With Sigma being DLC and Dr. Light cameo-ing in Collection Mode, I am perfectly content with Mega Man content for this game. Hopefully we get some cool remixes and some awesome alternate costumes (especially since Zero will need a new one).

X's voice is kind of lame, sounds more like a voice I'd expect from Classic MM. It's not the worst voice he's had, but would it have been that hard to re-hire the X8/MHX VA? At least he looks awesome to play as:

Do we have a moveset list for him or for other characters yet? X seems to have four different supers based on the video above.
Yeah I played the demo, so I'll give a quick run down of what he has. I think the voice is more Mega Man EXE or Starforce than Mega Man X. Classic Mega Man would sound even younger. But his voice in some scenes gets really deep, so it's not the most consistent. Mark Gatha retired though. I would have picked Eric Vale(Future Trunks and Sanji) to voice MMX. I think he'd be a good fit. I mean, they got Gohan(Kyle Hebert) to voice Ryu.

X-Buster: Can be used in mid air and charged. QCF Punch.

Command Dash: After a Buster shot, you can cancel into a dash which frees you up, great for chaining shots.

Back Dash: Light Kick after X-Buster. Good if you want strict keep away.

Buster Hammer: Press HP after Buster to do a crazy looking lunge punch. I don't think it's the safest move, but it clears the distance pretty well. Does some decent damage too.

Slide Kick: Press HK during a Buster shot. Seems pretty good for a quick mixup if you block the Buster shot. Doesn't go as far as the Buster Hammer, but it's a low, so you might not get hit as often. And it still closes some distance.

Dash Tackle: Forward Heavy Kick, good command normal for combos, don't start out with it though.

Sonic Slicer, anti air special, all of his specials are either QCF or QCB, easy to use.

Frost Shield, great for mixups or keep away since it's the closest thing that's a standard projectile that's not the buster.

Boomerang Cutter, seems like a great move to annoy someone with. Might be my favorite of the bunch.

Rising Fire, seems okay. It's a Down Down motion, because that's now a thing in Marvel Infinite. Covers less distance than Sonic Slicer but could be good for combos.

In other news There's MvCi toys like the Classic MVC1 toys from back in the day. They come in packs of two. Mega Man X is paired with Iron Man. Kind of like how Classic Mega Man was paired with War Machine.

http://www.rockman-corner.com/2017/06/mega-man-x-iron-man-marvel-vs-capcom.html

Aaaaand a Mega Man "Hoverboard". If I didn't think they were stupid, I'd be tempted to buy one.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Waiting for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite to come out so I get to live the dream of having an X/Zero team in a fighting game along with Sigma and Strider as a nice bonus too. Haven't been this impatient for a game to come out since Smash 4.

3 more months to go or possibly even more if Infinite gets delayed. Which I wouldn't mind all that much if they decide to take the opportunity to polish the game a little bit more.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I would like for them to polish the game, but I doubt they will delay it by any worthwhile amount of time. I'm not sure why it's coming out so soon though.

I DID enjoy playing the demo, for what little that's worth. But I wouldn't buy the game until I know how much content is really in it. And honestly, I'd probably only really use Mega Man X and Spider-Man as a team so far. Maaaaaybe Ultron could get some use from me.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
For any Mega Man fans interested, here's some footage of Mega Man 4's beta stages. You even get to see the mini-boss Sphinx that was removed from Pharaohman's stage. Some of the Ring Man stage stuff is cool too.

I figured that would spark a tiny bit of discussion. Anyways, it's mostly at the start of the video. About the first 10 minutes focus on Mega Man 4.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I figured I should post this here for anyone interested.

This was art that was not previously seen before shown in Mega Man Legacy Collection 2. The weird thing is that this is in the Mega Man 8 section, despite having a completely different style from MM8. A lot of people think this is completely new, and that it was drawn by one of the Legends/Battle Network artists. Which would make sense as this art is completely digital. It's even reminiscent of a Double Soul from Battle Network.

This could amount to nothing signifigant, but I think there's also a small chance that this is a small preview for an upcoming game of sorts. Maybe. Probably not, but maybe.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I saw that and I'm thinking the gaming community is looking a bit too far into this. It could be something new, but at the same time do we really want a Mega Man game like that?

Also watching Sonic Mania spoilers really makes me wonder what the Mega Man series could learn from it. A Classic game that goes beyond the base limitations of the NES or an X game that expands upon the Cx4 chip from X2/3.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I saw that and I'm thinking the gaming community is looking a bit too far into this. It could be something new, but at the same time do we really want a Mega Man game like that?

Also watching Sonic Mania spoilers really makes me wonder what the Mega Man series could learn from it. A Classic game that goes beyond the base limitations of the NES or an X game that expands upon the Cx4 chip from X2/3.
I did admit it likely doesn't mean much. But it would be cool if something came out of it.

As far as Sonic Mania goes, yeah. I would say I'd like a Mega Man game in that style. Just in terms of flashy visuals. Though I still think a modest budget 3D style like Strider 2014 might be a good choice. Mega Man 9 and 10 in and of themselves were big parts in the "retro-revival" era we're in now.

I'm betting that the next major game we get'll be based on the upcoming cartoon, but with classic gameplay if the project isn't canned. Which'll tick some people off. Of course the next question is whether or not it'll be good.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
You may have already seen this by now, but Capcom just revealed a few days ago another trailer highlighting more of the story mode for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite.
Dr. Light makes a cameo as a hologram and towards the end of the trailer, X and Zero do a fist bump; reminiscent of X6. :love:

On a side note. Is it me or does Zero seem to be getting the Dante treatment in this game? I've seen gameplay footage of him doing Hyouretsuzan, F-Splasher/Hisuishou, Rakuhouha, C-Sword/Mikazukizan, Raijinshou (hyper combo), and some new normal kick moves on top of everything he already had in UMvC3.

Meanwhile X only has 4 maverick based moves and I can't help but feel like some of X's hypers like Fully Charged Shot and "Special Weapons Ready" were extremely lazy imo. Would of been hype if it were the charged version of Storm Tornado or another weapon that isn't already apart of X's moveset. It is cool though that he can cancel his buster into 4 other moves and has an upgraded Charged Shot hyper when in X1 Light Armor mode.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Mythzotick Mythzotick That's likely because Mega Man X is a playable fighter for the first time. So they didn't have any previous fighting games to base his moveset off of. Ryu got a few new moves in Ultimate MvC3, like a Shoryuken that throws a Hadoken upwards at the end. Capcom does give characters new moves in updates, like Zangief in SFV. So who knows, maybe Mega Man X will get some updates. I think all they really had to do was give him some air specials. Aside from that, I'm pleasantly surprised with what they gave him. I really like the X-Buster follow-up attacks. Let's say they used Volnutt, they could have given him a lot of tools since they have a basic set of moves already from TvC.

Quite a few of the older vet characters are getting new moves, not just Zero. Captain America has like two new specials and a new level 3. Haggar gets the Oil Drums. Frank gets more camera options. Spider-Man has ALL of his MVC3 special attacks and hypers with the Spider-Cannon(that Dropkick special) and a Level 3 that's a reference to the Raimi films of all things. Which I find odd, but really cool. Given how unfortunately, this game is **** riding the current movie universe.

I'm probably gonna wait on this game having a GOTY or Ultimate update. I do think that the gameplay is promising. And most of the stages look good. But JUST when they FINALLY give us Mega Man X, Marvel ****s up and shuns all the cool X-Men characters that we've been using for years. On top of that, half the characters I'm interested in, Venom, Black Panther, and even Sigma are DLC. So yeah, I'd wait for it to be cheaper.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If anyone's wondering, Capcom has some Mega Man related stuff coming to Tokyo Game Show this year. It might be related to the cartoon series or some mobile project(I remember hearing some mobile stuff was to be done with a lot of Capcom series).

But this could also lead to something a little more interesting.

Also, if you like the Mega Man X series, you'll probably like the final boss of Marvel Infinite.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm still pretty hyped for it. I'm conservative when it comes to rosters so it doesn't bother me that much, though I do agree they should have waited an extra month or two for added polish & DLC characters. Sigma, Black Panther, and Monster Hunter should have all been on the core roster.

Somewhat on the bright side, it's been confirmed there will be 16 stages in the game. Two of the unrevealed/unnamed ones seem to be Mega Man based.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Cool. Didn't know about the other Mega Man stages. It would be nice to see Storm Eagle's stage. That'd make for a great fighting game arena.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
So right before Infinite comes out, we're getting tutorial videos on all the playable characters; including X and Zero along with their themes.

While both of X and Zero's themes are nice, I'm a little bit disappointed that they don't really have that "adrenaline rush" vibe compared to other Mega Man X music (especially Zero's theme in Infinite). When I listen to Zero's theme in UMvC3, it makes me want to go in and wreck havoc. Zero's theme in Infinite sounds more like a cool theme than a hype theme. Idk

Still looking forward to playing Team: Maverick Hunters in a few days. Feels kinda weird that we're already almost here.

Also. Zero still looks ridiculous in a Capcom Vs. fighting game. I would not be surprised if he's Top Tier again. ^_^

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Am starting to regret not getting the Deluxe Version. It's been confirmed that all Premium costumes all have 4 additional color options, and Command Mission X is looking fantastic.

Cool. Didn't know about the other Mega Man stages. It would be nice to see Storm Eagle's stage. That'd make for a great fighting game arena.
According to leaks they are:

Avengers Tower - Lab (Has Dr. Light in the background so I'm counting it as Mega Man related)
Abel City - Sigma's Lab

The former does appear in a few character tutorial videos such as Chris Redfield, while I have yet to see anything beyond a picture of the SSS for the latter. You unlock both by beating story mode most likely.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Well it's been a month and Sigma's gameplay trailer is up. He seems to be mostly based on X1 more than anything else. A missed opportunity IMO, but he still looks like fun regardless. All DLC characters cost $7.99 but also come bundled with their alt costumes, so you best buy the Season Pass if you want to save $18.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, the "Doom Buster" super of his is based off of his Mega Man X3 Boss fight. Although he doesn't outright change his hand into a Buster when using it this time. I would have just called it the Sigma Buster, since it fits with the Mega Buster/X-Buster/Z-Saber naming convention. But that's minor. The eye-lasers are a mix of X4 and X8 attacks. The MMX8 one left a trail of fire behind if I'm not mistaken, but the beam is as thin as the X4 version. And his dash tackle has been in a bunch of games. Kind of neat it's in green, I was expecting purple since X5 colored it that way. And he has the counters that Ultron Sigma has.

Still, like Mega Man X, this is Sigma's first fighting game appearance as a playable character. And in each game, he has a lot of different moves, they are bound to add only so much in the first addition. But who knows, maybe in an update the two can get extra moves. That tends to happen between a lot of the Vs series. His level 3 does have wire frames of himself like X2. And it is a better Penace stare than Ghost Rider for some reason.

Sigma should have a lot of potential alt costumes given how many transformations he has. I would think that his X8 final form will be another costume, since I think the characters get at least 2

Black Panther seems cool too, definitely more like X-23 and Sabretooth than he is Wolverine. But people compare him to Logan as it is. Still, they could have implemented some things from recent cartoons like the Vibranium throwing knives and Staff, along with the typical claw stuff. But then he'd probably be compared to Gambit. There was also that time he was given the Black Knight's sword, which is probably the most notable thing that character has done in years.

I find 8 dollars a bit too pricey for a single character, even if they come with one costume. If the game adds some solid updates or was cheaper, I might consider getting it. But really, Capcom or Marvel screwed up with this. Not to mention Marvel throwing Capcom under the bus when it came to the X-Men characters, and then saying "Nah, they could have added them". I'm sure they could have, but what are the chances they were convinced not to?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Thanks for the clarification. I'm not terribly well versed with the X series (X5/6/7 I have yet to beat). It's also hard to find YT videos that show off all of his attacks (too many speed-runs/no-damage runs). He does seem to have a few more than what was shown off according to NYCC footage, such as bouncing projectile missile. Regardless I think they could have gotten a bit more over-the-top with his supers (No Velguarder or Giant Polygon Head?).

Yeah I was hoping they'd give BP at least a projectile to distinguish himself better than the Weapon X characters. Am very curious to see what players can do with his wall jump and aerial super.

$8 sucks, but at least there is the Season Pass I guess (I wonder if we'll get the Wave 2 costumes free? DLC for DLC sounds pretty out there.). Capcom's financial failings and Marvel's landmark rise since MvC3 reek all over this game. As such, I don't expect much of anything free or goodwill related unlike what SFV has done overtime.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Thanks for the clarification. I'm not terribly well versed with the X series (X5/6/7 I have yet to beat). It's also hard to find YT videos that show off all of his attacks (too many speed-runs/no-damage runs). He does seem to have a few more than what was shown off according to NYCC footage, such as bouncing projectile missile. Regardless I think they could have gotten a bit more over-the-top with his supers (No Velguarder or Giant Polygon Head?).

Yeah I was hoping they'd give BP at least a projectile to distinguish himself better than the Weapon X characters. Am very curious to see what players can do with his wall jump and aerial super.

$8 sucks, but at least there is the Season Pass I guess (I wonder if we'll get the Wave 2 costumes free? DLC for DLC sounds pretty out there.). Capcom's financial failings and Marvel's landmark rise since MvC3 reek all over this game. As such, I don't expect much of anything free or goodwill related unlike what SFV has done overtime.
I'm not too sure where the missiles come from. Usually the Mega Man characters do have their attacks come from an actual source. I want to say he also had them in Mega Man X3, but in his giant form. That's the closest I can compare it too. I mean, his X1 form had projectiles from the jewel on his head. And in X5 he had the Virus shield and a big Reppuken type of blast. and in X8 Sigma had Ring projectiles and the bigger eye beams.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Today I made some Retro Art on canvas resembling Metal Man, with acrylic colors.
Check it out on my istagram: smaksak_86 :)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hey, you guys excited for Mega Man 11!

I know I am. And I'm really glad they brought back sliding and charge shots. Seeing as MM9 and MM10 had gone back to the MM2 style of gameplay.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
They did it. They actually did it.

The unthinkable, the impossible, the inconceivable, the improbable...just...actually...happened.

MEGA MAN 11 IS NO LONGER A DREAM!!!! IT IS NOW A REALITY!!!!

CUE THE VICTORY MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Huh, it appears Mega Man is not dead. How about that? Well, it took them long enough.

Needling aside, it is uplifting to see his adventures continue after all this time. In 3D no less. As much as I love MM9 & 10 for keeping the style of Mega Man intact, it's a pleasant surprise to see him get a graphical upgrade (and not in an overly goofy style like Powered Up), as well as bringing back all of his moves from past games (Charge Buster, slide, etc.).

Speaking of style, his design seems to borrow from some of the other iterations of the series. For example, based on his artwork that we saw he looks taller like X but with a more slimline body like .EXE. At least that's what it looks like to me. I kinda like it. Also, a visual change when equipping Special Weapons.

We were also given a glimpse of a new Special Weapon, one that makes multiple blocks fall from the sky. In FRONT of Mega Man. Finally, a stone-based weapon that actually looks offensively practical and not utter trash like Super Arm or Power Stone. Concrete Shot isn't bad, but it is kinda gimmicky for my tastes. Anyway, If what we've seen is any indicator, we might see MM9 levels of Special Weapon quality, which is always a plus.

Another thing that caught my attention was a full collection of the MMX series is going to be available in the future. Now I already have the MMX Collection and MMX7, but I never got X8 and with my old PS2 looking like it could die at any moment, that option is out the window. But this new collection is my chance, so that's a bit of a relief.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, I definitely would get Mega Man X8. I prefer having physical copies of games, but I like the idea of playing X8 on the go potentially.

I already got MMX1-MMX6 though. And I personally don't see much reason to get X7 myself.

Top Bottom