• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

JasonKaroshi

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure this has been asked a lot but which Mega Man colours are your guys' favourites and why?

I like the red/white color scheme since it represents my country's flag, Canada.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Aside from the Main color scheme, my favorite one is the Red/Yellow color. Those two I find myself using the most. But I think Mega Man's colors are pretty good overall.

GrandTale

Smash Rookie
Even though i don't use it that often, my favorite is Flame Sword due to the fact that Mega Man 8 is both my favorite Mega Man game and favorite video game of all time. Close second is Leaf Shield since my favorite color is green, and me and my friend have a running joke with Woodman.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
My favorite is and will probably always be Default Mega Man/Blue+Cyan cause it looks...just right on him;as if it's the perfect color scheme to define him as a character along with his name if that somehow makes any sense. Plus, blue just so happens to be my favorite color.

2nd favorite has to be Rush/Red+White since the red and white combo is usually a visually appealing color combo and it's no different on the "blue" bomber ironically. lolz

With that being said, my "signature" color to use in Smash 4 that I've been using a lot as of late is Leaf Shield/Green+White mainly because my two favorite Mega Man colors in this game just so happens I believe to be the 2 most popular Mega Man colors so it feels kinda generic to me whenever I use those two colors sometimes. they're still the best though in my book

Like you said Knight Dude Knight Dude , he's got some really nice colors for the most part. But I still feel like he could of had a little more variety in his alts. I mean, he's got 2 primary blue colors, 2 primary red colors, 2 primary green colors while half of his secondary colors are yellow on top of also having 3 secondary white colors. Would of been cool if he had colors like Quick Boomerang/Pink+Light Pink, Black Hole Bomb/Purple+Light Purple, Magnet Missile/Red+Grey, or Lighting Bolt/Dark Yellow+Black just to name a few.

Also, having no helmet too would of been some awesome fan service. Missed opportunity when he wasn't wearing his helmet the first time we saw him in his trailer.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah Lightning Bolt was one of the coolest looking alts Mega Man had in his own games. But it wasn't in his moveset and it's fairly obscure. And a Purple color was probably the only "missing" thing in all honesty. A Crash Bomb color could work out well too.

I would have liked a helmetless costume, but if that was the only thing changing, it might not have been worth the developers time. Maybe if he his full "civilian" outfit, it would stand out more.

Even though i don't use it that often, my favorite is Flame Sword due to the fact that Mega Man 8 is both my favorite Mega Man game and favorite video game of all time. Close second is Leaf Shield since my favorite color is green, and me and my friend have a running joke with Woodman.
Leaf Shield might be my third favorite color swap for Mega Man in Smash 4.

Last edited:

JasonKaroshi

Smash Apprentice
I would have liked a helmetless costume, but if that was the only thing changing, it might not have been worth the developers time. Maybe if he his full "civilian" outfit, it would stand out more.
If they can give Bayonetta a different hairstyle and slightly altered clothing I'm sure they could've given Mega Man a helmetless costume. I would've preferred a Mega Man X costume, but he'd end up being taller and thinner.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If anyone here hasn't heard this yet, I'll I got to say is...YOU JUST TO HAVE TO, NO...NEED TO!!!!

Talk about something that'll motivate you to do anything.

https://soundcloud.com/nanadiaknight/r2-drwily-stage1-nanadia-man-remix-second
That's pretty good actually. Which is hard to say when those two songs are remixed so often, even compared to other popular Mega Man tracks. Though I'll always like the Mega Man 2 title theme.

That said, one I really like is the Big Boot remix of Shadow Man's theme.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
I don't know if any one here is aware of this, but the new official tier list V3 just got released yesterday if any one wants to take a look at it.

What do you guys think of it? Better, worse, pretty much accurate, a complete mess, etc.

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
I think everything has already been said in the Tier List's thread.
#BayoIsFirstLul #CorrinIsTooHigh #GanonHasATierNow #RyuIsTopTierNow #SamusForMidTier

And the list goes on...

But as far as it goes, I'm 100% fine with it the way it is now.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, Mega Man's spot seems about right. Upper B tier seems like a good spot as it is. And given the tech he has now, he'll likely stay in that range. Of course the game is still young, and you are bound to find new things. Though I don't know for sure if Bayo is really the number one threat. Still a major player for sure.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
After looking more in depth at this new list, it looks fine to me for the most part and is a slight improvement over V2.

Although, my 2 biggest qualms with the new list just also happen to be the 2 biggest complaints that I have seen thus far about V3 and that is of course is Corrin being at the top of high tier (almost top tier) when he/she should more so be at the end of high tier or even top of mid tier.

The other is that Ryu is still top tier when he has yet to my knowledge place top 8 at a major mainly by himself instead of being used for just a game and is rarely seen on the big stage compared to the characters around him. He does well on a regional level, but not as much as when you gather all of the best players and characters at a stacked tournament.

Other than that, I pretty much expected who'd be in top 4 and bottom 4, not necessarily in that order though except for puff being last. RIP Puff

For the lolz, Pit should be at 28th just so he can be the embodiment of an average joe, but 30th is close enough. Still, would of been funny.

As for the blue bomber himself, I expected him to drop a spot or two mainly because it was a foregone conclusion that Marth would jump ahead of him and I didn't think that Villager would go below him. But I guess Villager struggling to the DLC characters is a bigger deal than I thought it would be+is an obscure character and maybe that's why he/she fell a few spots.

Also, I like how we have 7 groups this time rather than having 9. It looks...just right to me. idk

>insert just right meme lolz

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
In case some of you haven't seen it, There's a new video showing 10 Mega Man moments in Smash 4. I figured that people here should be interested in it.

I thought it was pretty good.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
How is #3 on this list NOT #1?! That stuff was Godlike and talk about hype too. I can though definitely see why the play that was #1 at that spot. It...was absolutely...disgusting. Just not as amazing or hype as #3 imo.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I wouldn't read too much into Ryu's placement. His being apart of the A Tier was mostly so there wouldn't be an A- Tier given his awkward placement data. I'm betting his placement will drop come V4 at the end of the year.

Wasn't too familiar with Corrin, so I mostly went with results/opinions. He placed slightly higher than what I personally voted for.

Lucina mains have been putting in a fair amount of work. I like that she wasn't all over the place as previous versions.

I'm just glad that the tiers worked out. There wasn't any real vote on how to create each bracket once the data was in, so I was worried we'd end up with an absurd amount of brackets like V2. Also putting the Pit(s) together as a single character.

I was really worried we'd end up like V2 and have several character all over the place again, but I think it all came together. I really want to see the E Tier get smaller, as I think it has the most characters who are being slept on, if only because of lack of representation.

In case some of you haven't seen it, There's a new video showing 10 Mega Man moments in Smash 4. I figured that people here should be interested in it.

#1 & 2 are just hilarious. Kame at Evo2016 deserves a list all to itself. lol

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869

.....How did that Hard Knuckle work? :4diddy: kicked the Knuckle with his Monkey Flip which should've cancelled out the hitbox entirely. But then the Knuckle said "Nope, this is happening" anyway? That one is eluding me. Never worked whenever I tried something like that.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
.....How did that Hard Knuckle work? :4diddy: kicked the Knuckle with his Monkey Flip which should've cancelled out the hitbox entirely. But then the Knuckle said "Nope, this is happening" anyway? That one is eluding me. Never worked whenever I tried something like that.
If I had to make an honest guess, I would assume it's based on very strict timing. Either the Hard Knuckle shooting out early enough or the attack landing on the more vulnerable frames of the Monkey Flip. That's really the only way I could see it happening.

Last edited:

GrandTale

Smash Rookie
The Hard Knuckle was early enough for the hitbox that isn't the spike box to connect. Hard Knuckle has to leave Mega Man for a short time before it becomes a spike hitbox, so the first hitbox traded, but since monkey flip is all one hitbox it lost to the second because there was no other attack to clank with it.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
http://www.chrismcovell.com/secret/FC__1991Q3.html#rm4

Someone has posted scans of the original Rock Man 4 Boss Contest with translations. Considering it's related to the rarest Famicom game ever made*, it's pretty cool to see where those Robot Master came from. Compared to Knight/Wind Man, it's amazing how little was changed in regards to Inafune's final designs.

*technically RM4 Gold is tied with another FC game in terms of print count.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Just heard another good cover for a Mega Man theme. It's Gravity Man's theme done in the Mega Man X2 style. Figured I'd post it here.

http://www.chrismcovell.com/secret/FC__1991Q3.html#rm4

Someone has posted scans of the original Rock Man 4 Boss Contest with translations. Considering it's related to the rarest Famicom game ever made*, it's pretty cool to see where those Robot Master came from. Compared to Knight/Wind Man, it's amazing how little was changed in regards to Inafune's final designs.

*technically RM4 Gold is tied with another FC game in terms of print count.
If I'm not mistaken, Yusuke Murata, who did the art for Eyeshield 21 and One Punch Man designed Dust Man in MM4. I think he also did Crystal Man's design in MM5. Mind you, this was when he was a kid.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Did any of you guys see this? It looks like Mega Man's design got tweaked again for the upcoming cartoon series. Obviously, I would like it if they just stuck to the original, but this new look is getting better. The legs are a little thin though. I'm liking the shades of blue becoming more distinct from one another. It makes his design easier to read.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Figured I post this here. It's a remix of MMX's Sky Lagoon. Not sure if a more hip hop style beat is to everyone's tastes. But I might as well post it.

By the way, how do any of you guys feel about the updated cartoon design? It's not exactly what I wanted, but it did improve a little I think.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There's an update on the Mega Man cartoon. There's three main things that are worth noting.

1. They mentioned that Rush will be in the show. So despite seeming pretty different, everyone's favorite Robot Dog will be around. It was also mentioned that someone named Suna Light is a character too. Who's probably Roll's counterpart or something.

2. It's coming in 2018, so it's just shy of the 30th Anniversary(which will be late 2017). If I had to guess, that's because the test footage showed it in 2D, but it's now in 3D. So whatever progress was made seems like it'll be scrapped. Unless only the intro was 3D. I don't know.

3. It's airing on Cartoon Network. Makes some sense since Man of Action did Ben 10 and Generator Rex on there. Though they also handled Ultimate Spider-Man on Disney XD(which is where I thought the show was gonna end up on.) Of course some people are worried that it'll mean the show gets ignored the same way most CN shows that aren't In-House do.

On a minor note, they mentioned a focus on toys. Which isn't surprising, given that it's a kid's show.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Gotta say. The new design imo looks A LOT better than what we saw initially last year, but it still needs some more adjustments like making the limbs thicker and having his upper body just be plain cyan like how his legs are. He'd look like Classic Mega Man that got modernized.

It's nice to know that Rush will be in it since we've already seen Fire Man and Drill Man in early footage. Although, I'm curious to know who Suna Light is since it was stated that he/she is a new character and what this means for Roll as Suna has the same last name as Aki.

Hoping that the delay to 2018 means that they want to make this show as good as it can possibly be. I'd rather having something get delayed that later turns out to be solid rather than get rushed pre-maturely and ends up getting a ton of flak. Sometimes though, that isn't always the case like a certain spiritual successor that we know of that's got a ton of cheesy explosions.
shots fired at Mighty "NO" 9

Not sure how I feel on it being on Cartoon Network. When I was a kid and a pre-teen, pretty much everything that I watched that was a cartoon, anime, etc. was on CN. That being said though, it's been about a decade since I really watched anything on that network so I'm ignorant when it comes to the handling of their shows situation so what exactly is it that they do to treat most of their shows really bad Knight Dude Knight Dude ?

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Gotta say. The new design imo looks A LOT better than what we saw initially last year, but it still needs some more adjustments like making the limbs thicker and having his upper body just be plain cyan like how his legs are. He'd look like Classic Mega Man that got modernized.

It's nice to know that Rush will be in it since we've already seen Fire Man and Drill Man in early footage. Although, I'm curious to know who Suna Light is since it was stated that he/she is a new character and what this means for Roll as Suna has the same last name as Aki.

Hoping that the delay to 2018 means that they want to make this show as good as it can possibly be. I'd rather having something get delayed that later turns out to be solid rather than get rushed pre-maturely and ends up getting a ton of flak. Sometimes though, that isn't always the case like a certain spiritual successor that we know of that's got a ton of cheesy explosions.
shots fired at Mighty "NO" 9

Not sure how I feel on it being on Cartoon Network. When I was a kid and a pre-teen, pretty much everything that I watched that was a cartoon, anime, etc. was on CN. That being said though, it's been about a decade since I really watched anything on that network so I'm ignorant when it comes to the handling of their shows situation so what exactly is it that they do to treat most of their shows really bad Knight Dude Knight Dude ?
Yeah, the design has gotten better now. One of the few complaints I have left is that the limbs(especially the legs) need to be thicker. But at this point, I pretty much accepted that it's its own thing like the 90's cartoon. I do wonder how Rush will look like, given Mega Man is slightly more like his game counterpart. I hope he's still red at least. I'm expecting the show to be cheesy as hell, which is fine as long as it's endearing.

Suna could be new, but I'm betting that the character is pretty much Roll's counterpart. They didn't mention the character's sex, but Suna sounds fairly feminine to me.

Basically, CN tends to give most of their in-house shows the most air time. Teen Titans GO! in particular gets a lot of air time. Sonic Boom(which the show definitely has it's fans)hasn't gotten much in the way of decent air times. Usually early in the morning, like 6am early. But that still managed to get 2 seasons. There's a couple of other shows that I don't even remember, partially due to how little they are shown. That said, they also had issues doing this with Young Justice(an action heavy show with a teen audience) and the 2011 Thundercats, but that one did have some high production costs.

But if Ben 10 is getting a new show around the same time, I think the two will probably play back to back, since they'll be more action focused. Justice League Action is also a family friendly show worth checking out. I think the Mega Man series should have a similar tone to that.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well this board has certainly been quiet. What's everyone been up to? :4megaman:

Saw this on Twitter. It's kind of cool to see Smash being referenced within Mega Man's own product line:

In case in-game trophies & amiibo weren't enough.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well this board has certainly been quiet. What's everyone been up to? :4megaman:

Saw this on Twitter. It's kind of cool to see Smash being referenced within Mega Man's own product line:

In case in-game trophies & amiibo weren't enough.
Dude that is sick. I'm glad Geo finally got a decent looking figure. I always felt that his design was rather underrated. And how could they not mention the best Final Smash? :4megaman:

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
As some of you may know, we finally got some MvCI info in almost 5 months and it's a big one.

Not only is Sigma one of the 2 main villains in the story mode, he's also going to be a playable character!...However though...He's going to be a post launch DLC character. :facepalm:

Plus too, we've got a release date in which the game comes out September 19th, 2017 along with different editions of the game for pre-order. The Standard edition has the game and 2 costumes ($59.99). The Deluxe edition has that+another 2 costumes including X's Command Mission alt and the 2017 Character Pass containing 6 DLC...I mean 6 post launch characters with Sigma as the first one ($89.99). Finally, we have the Collectors Edition which has everything I mentioned above AND 4 statues with 1 of them being an X statue and some LED Infinity Stones. ($199.99)

I'm so hyped that we get to finally play as Sigma as well as that Strider Hiryu is confirmed. But, I don't like how they're already announcing DLC characters BEFORE the game is even released and I really don't know what to make of it being scheduled to release in September, this year. Hope this game doesn't get rushed.

Can't help but feel that Capcom might be a little bit... greedy, given what happened with SFV.

Idk.

What do you guys think of this?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
As some of you may know, we finally got some MvCI info in almost 5 months and it's a big one.

Not only is Sigma one of the 2 main villains in the story mode, he's also going to be a playable character!...However though...He's going to be a post launch DLC character. :facepalm:

Plus too, we've got a release date in which the game comes out September 19th, 2017 along with different editions of the game for pre-order. The Standard edition has the game and 2 costumes ($59.99). The Deluxe edition has that+another 2 costumes including X's Command Mission alt and the 2017 Character Pass containing 6 DLC...I mean 6 post launch characters with Sigma as the first one ($89.99). Finally, we have the Collectors Edition which has everything I mentioned above AND 4 statues with 1 of them being an X statue and some LED Infinity Stones. ($199.99)

I'm so hyped that we get to finally play as Sigma as well as that Strider Hiryu is confirmed. But, I don't like how they're already announcing DLC characters BEFORE the game is even released and I really don't know what to make of it being scheduled to release in September, this year. Hope this game doesn't get rushed.

Can't help but feel that Capcom might be a little bit... greedy, given what happened with SFV.

Idk.

What do you guys think of this?
Yeah, it seems it'd be a similar situation to SFV in some ways. Though if I had to guess it'll have more done at launch. I hope September will be enough time for the game to get the development it needs I'd like to think the visuals will be cleaned up a little bit.

I usually don't get season passes, but MvCI's is sort of like Injustice 2's in a way. It's better to pick whatever stuff you care about the most. But I'll remain optimistic, given how much I liked the other Marvel vs Capcom games, especially since the first one is probably my favorite.

By the way, it seems like Mega Man X has the Sonic Slicer as one of his special moves.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, it would be nice to see MM9 and MM10 get a physical release for once. Though I think MM10 was in some obscure Capcom collection thing that had RE5, SF4 and DMC 4 in it. It'd be an even bigger deal if Mega Man and Bass had the SNES version translated properly.

Also, there's a really cool remix of Woodman's theme from Mega Man's Soccer of all things. Weird game aside, it did have some really underrated themes in it. Woodman's in particular. This one uses the soundfont from the first Mega Man X game.

Last edited:

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Lol! I was just watching a couple of videos on the rumor of Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 AND took a listening to Wood Man's theme remix from Mega Man Soccer when I saw it in my subscription box before I came here which is phenomenal.

PrincessLunaZelda has been making a decent number of Mega Man X soundfont remixes recently after remixing the entire Classic series in Mega Man 7's soundfont.

My main biggest hopes for the supposed rumor of Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 are that it includes the original Mega Man 7 ending, the Sega Saturn Version of Mega Man 8, all DLC from both Mega Man 9 and 10, and at least 1 more game whether it be the 2 arcade fighting Mega Man games or Mega Man and Bass. Maybe even throw in the Wily Wars, although I have my doubts on that one.

GrandTale

Smash Rookie
Personally I want an option to switch between the Playstation and Saturn version of Mega Man 8 as i prefer the Playstation version honestly. Saturn version messes up a speedrun trick in Sword Man's stage and somewhere else i'm forgetting atm; also i feel it only added more enemies in spots that didn't really need them to begin with. I know having CutMan and WoodMan in the game is cool, but Cutman is optional and WoodMan is more or less a joke with or without his weakness. Besides that just don't make Challenge mode drag on forever like the first collection, that's the reason why i'm burned out on MegaMan 1-6.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yeah, it would be nice to see MM9 and MM10 get a physical release for once. Though I think MM10 was in some obscure Capcom collection thing that had RE5, SF4 and DMC 4 in it. It'd be an even bigger deal if Mega Man and Bass had the SNES version translated properly.
I remember that collection, sadly it only came with a download code for the game.

If worst comes to worst I wouldn't mind them re-releasing the GBA version of MM&B. I don't think the screen crunch was that bad outside of maybe King 1.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I remember that collection, sadly it only came with a download code for the game.

If worst comes to worst I wouldn't mind them re-releasing the GBA version of MM&B. I don't think the screen crunch was that bad outside of maybe King 1.
That so? Thanks for clearing that up. I hope they do come out with Legacy Collection 2. But if it isn't on 3DS, I'll probably buy MM7 on the E-Shop instead.

I wonder if the game would have the challenge mode, or maybe some other extra features.

Top Bottom