• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Well, I'll have to get a New3DS somehow. Because Federation Force. *sobs*
Farewell, my old classic 3DS. You'll be missed.:sadeyes:
I don't remember anything that suggests it's N3DS exclusive, just that the nub can be used as a second stick. Prime doesn't need a second stick to work, and it's been established that gyroscope aiming is used while locked on, which the old one has. All the N3DS has over the old one exclusivity-wise is more power which lets it run huge games like Xenoblade, and speed up Smash and Monster Hunter.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
If I ever get a N3DS, I'm not selling my good old 2DS. I don't think I'll get much for trading it in. And I can still use it as a Smash controller, which I've found it's just the one I'm used to the most, for now.

So far the only reason for me to get one is purely Megaman (Legacy Collection Amiibo challenges, and Megaman 7 VC). Oh, and Super Punch Out! + Super Metroid.

And on a related note, my 3DS controlled Megaman is MILES ahead of my cube-controlled one.

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
Well you all forced me to buy the Legacy Collection. Loving the challenges...or at least what they seem to be. I'm playing through the main games again now. So I have:
2 copies of MM1: Legacy and Anniversary Collection (GameCube)
4 copies of MM2 & 3: NES carts, Legacy, Anniversary, and VC on 3DS
3 copies of MM4-6: Legacy, Anniversary, and VC on 3DS

I can't keep buying these games, can I?!

Prepare_Yourself

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3067-6422-0231
Honestly I got so upset when I discovered the 3ds legacy collection still got the slowdown from too many objects on screen. I thought "8-bit style with HD flair" meant modern processing too.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Honestly I got so upset when I discovered the 3ds legacy collection still got the slowdown from too many objects on screen. I thought "8-bit style with HD flair" meant modern processing too.
Same here. It's amazing how many times I've died due to the slowdown (when it picks back up).
I used to not notice it too much when I was a kid, or used it to my advantage (Spark Man stage), but now it's annoying.
It blows my mind how they picked "Tube TV Filter" over no slowdowns.

... but other than that. It's a great package, with crisp graphics, and it's like owning all 6 VC games, for half the price, in one slot + challenges. It's a great deal if your plan is to play it on the go.

Megamang

Smash Lord
I find it makes the games way easier. I had a lot of trouble on an emulator that fixed the slowdown, and I had no idea why until played it on my Snes again.

It also helped me beat the Binding of Isaac , but thats cheating.

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
So in my long process of deliberation and angst, Mega Man is among the top cut for my potential main. He's got a lot of the things I value in a character; item play, good edgeguarding, a defensive style, and some good buttons. He's also got hella tricks.
It's really between Mega Man, Corrin, Lucario, and Bowser. I played Mega Man in the demo, and on and off since Wii U release. He's pretty nifty, although I am worried about his MU spread.
That said, I've never once played a Mega Man game. I wasn't hype for his inclusion or anything. I just decided to focus on him in the demo because noone else did. He was too unorthodox. I think he's pretty damn cool. I dunno if I plan to ever play a MM game. I generally stick to RPGs and Fighting games. Difficult platformers tend to kick my ass and not hold my interest.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Just spent 55 minutes trying to beat that last challenge in MMLC, you know, beating every robot master with buster only?

Holy hell. I noticed it wasn't going to be an easy task when I realised I was already getting tired of playing one of my top 3 game series. (Around minute 35).

Also... despite being my favorite game in the NES lineup, MM3 bosses tend to kick my *** real hard. I never noticed how hard they are because I usually use the special weapons against them. And don't get me started on the DOC Robots. I can barely beat Crash Man's.
Also, Elecman is OP as hell, but I finally found his exploitable pattern. :D

---
Cracklin_Oats
That's awesome! Not many people outside fans are willing to pick this character up. I admit even I've been tempted of dropping him when it seems I was getting worse. (Turns out, I wasn't using the right controller option).
MM is TRULY a fun character to use. Best of luck!

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
You say a controller option improved your outlook on Mega Man? May I ask what it is? I feel like my control scheme is far from optimal as it is. And thanks! I hope he is enough to keep me interested. I know he is pretty difficult to master.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
You say a controller option improved your outlook on Mega Man? May I ask what it is? I feel like my control scheme is far from optimal as it is. And thanks! I hope he is enough to keep me interested. I know he is pretty difficult to master.
Sure! You see, I don't own a Wii U myself, so I've been putting a lot of time and effort on MM on my 2DS. But it's come to my attention that I don't play him to my fullest when I use a gamecube controller, and that's sadly true, because I've gotten less used to it, meanwhile after over 10000 battles on my 2DS, MM feels natural. I know it's not the "optimal" control scheme for the competitive scene, but it just works for me far better.

I've been hesitant to use my 2DS on tournaments, since I've always used Gamecube. But it just doesn't FEEL right anymore, I can't connect with it.

I'm now used to buttons being much closer together, and having them in that :GCDpad: :GCStart::GCDpad: alignment format.

The gamecube controller now feels akward since the buttons are not only farther apart from what I'm used to, but they are aligned in this weird rotated "Y" shape that I'm just not comfortable anymore. (That, and the akwardness makes me not know what I'm doing half the time).

If I ever own a Wii U, I'm switching to Gamepad Pro for high level stuff. You can try as many options as you can, but the important is, just stick to what you play the most with and what feels more like home.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Just spent 55 minutes trying to beat that last challenge in MMLC, you know, beating every robot master with buster only?

Holy hell. I noticed it wasn't going to be an easy task when I realised I was already getting tired of playing one of my top 3 game series. (Around minute 35).

Also... despite being my favorite game in the NES lineup, MM3 bosses tend to kick my *** real hard. I never noticed how hard they are because I usually use the special weapons against them. And don't get me started on the DOC Robots. I can barely beat Crash Man's.
Also, Elecman is OP as hell, but I finally found his exploitable pattern. :D
I got the Gold rank on that challenge. I felt REALLY good when I got Gold on my first try despite dying to Elec Man 5 times. I hate how they make you start by facing away from him, because it's easier just to stare at Elec Man and do the exploit there.

Maybe it's because I've played MM3 to the point of memorization, but the only Robot Masters I find to give me a decent challenge are Needle Man and Shadow Man, though Shadow's more challenged based. For Shadow Man, I stay focused on him at all times and don't blink because he might mess me up if I ever let my guard down. As for Needle Man, I let him attack first and see how the battle goes from there. Sometimes he's pretty easy, but there are times where he can be a nuisance with him jumping around all crazy. It can be pretty annoying.

Still, just wanted to give my advice. :3

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I got the Gold rank on that challenge. I felt REALLY good when I got Gold on my first try despite dying to Elec Man 5 times. I hate how they make you start by facing away from him, because it's easier just to stare at Elec Man and do the exploit there.

Maybe it's because I've played MM3 to the point of memorization, but the only Robot Masters I find to give me a decent challenge are Needle Man and Shadow Man, though Shadow's more challenged based. For Shadow Man, I stay focused on him at all times and don't blink because he might mess me up if I ever let my guard down. As for Needle Man, I let him attack first and see how the battle goes from there. Sometimes he's pretty easy, but there are times where he can be a nuisance with him jumping around all crazy. It can be pretty annoying.

Still, just wanted to give my advice. :3
Thanks!

-For Needleman there's sometimes a little exploit where if you force him to use his headbutt, you jump diagonally out, and in again (while shooting) and you sort of lock him in that pattern.

-Shadowman is probably one of my top 3 most difficult robot masters to beat. I don't really have a strategy against him, just hope my fingers react fast enough. :(

-Hardman... I used to be able to gracefully dodge his arms when I was little. I don't know why I can't now. And when I CAN, I get crushed by him accidentally.

-Snakeman: At least I just found out I can kill the snakes as soon as they come out. Allowing my timing to be more precise due to no slowdowns.

The rest, I more or less have covered. Topman and Magnetman pose no threat. Geminiman and Sparkman could land a hit or two if I'm not careful.

Congrats on that gold! Do you know if it's strictly time based? Or does it have to do with how many times you die? (BTW, what is your time on this challenge?)

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
Shadow Man's pattern is very...defined.
He always starts the fight by hopping twice and then sliding. Then from there, it's always 3 hops into a slide or blade toss.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's safe to say ZeRo hates us.
I do think we're suffering from the power creep/lack of buffs, but this mid tier spread is definitely proof that even top level players don't know everything/can be biased.

Also this roster is HUGE. lol

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Well, Snake Man is easy in his room for what he's worth. Just stay on the platform in the middle of the room, then jump over him whenever he is near it. Dodging his snakes shouldn't be too hard that way :p

Edit :I know that the video was already out for a while, but... *cries in a corner*

Btw, I think I have to start to learn Mega Man from scratch because I keep doing random stuff. Any advice about where to begin ?

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I do think we're suffering from the power creep/lack of buffs, but this mid tier spread is definitely proof that even top level players don't know everything/can be biased.

Also this roster is HUGE. lol
I seriously want to know why we don't get buffs. Is there something the balance team sees that we don't? It's starting to irritate me.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
It's safe to say ZeRo hates us.
His reason for having MM this low is simply because he has "so many limitations and disadvantages" and that he lacks potential? Without even going into detail about what said limitations are? Yet he can have low tiers like Shulk and Lucina this high because he feels they have more potential than given credit for? Even though they haven't made that many results themselves?

Considering how vague and biased some of these analyses are, I personally gotta disregard his video. ZeRo is phenomenal as a player, but I don't view him as strongly for a character analysist. Even if his placement of MM is fair, I can't say I feel the same way about how the others are placed.

On a side note, imo no way in hell are :4dedede::4lucina::4falco::4gaw::4shulk::4kirby::4lucas: better than us. I could see a few arguments for the others, but that's about it, personally.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
His reason for having MM this low is simply because he has "so many limitations and disadvantages" and that he lacks potential? Without even going into detail about what said limitations are? Yet he can have low tiers like Shulk and Lucina this high because he feels they have more potential than given credit for? Even though they haven't made that many results themselves?

Considering how vague and biased some of these analyses are, I personally gotta disregard his video. ZeRo is phenomenal as a player, but I don't view him as strongly for a character analysist. Even if his placement of MM is fair, I can't say I feel the same way about how the others are placed.

On a side note, imo no way in hell are :4dedede::4lucina::4falco::4gaw::4shulk::4kirby::4lucas: better than us. I could see a few arguments for the others, but that's about it, personally.
ZeRo's become one of those people who's amazing at the game, but lacks insight if you ask me. Best player or not, his reasons are flawed and don't make sense.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'm still kind of salty about some things about Megaman.

-I would have REALLY liked to listen to his actual victory theme from his games. Maybe the MM2 or better yet, MM10 version.
-His icon could have been his trademark helmet, instead of a metal blade. But this one's the least of my issues. :p
-I hate not being able to charge his Buster on the air. If you ask me, his Neutral A, and Nair should have been chargeable. And Fsmash could have probably been changed to Napalm Bomb (slow, but really strong, and travels across the ground).
But I know this is ancient history now, so...
---

Yeah, Zero barely bothered playing most of the middle tier cast, it seems, or is letting his personal bias get in the way. First 2 videos were alright, tho.

I feel like I've been stepping up my MM game lately, and it's all thanks to me sticking with the 2DS control scheme... I hope this doesn't mean I'm putting a low skill ceiling over me. I really want to play this character as good as I can.

Jalil

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JeMaraj
I'm still kind of salty about some things about Megaman.

-I would have REALLY liked to listen to his actual victory theme from his games. Maybe the MM2 or better yet, MM10 version.
-His icon could have been his trademark helmet, instead of a metal blade. But this one's the least of my issues. :p
-I hate not being able to charge his Buster on the air. If you ask me, his Neutral A, and Nair should have been chargeable. And Fsmash could have probably been changed to Napalm Bomb (slow, but really strong, and travels across the ground).
But I know this is ancient history now, so...
---

Yeah, Zero barely bothered playing most of the middle tier cast, it seems, or is letting his personal bias get in the way. First 2 videos were alright, tho.

I feel like I've been stepping up my MM game lately, and it's all thanks to me sticking with the 2DS control scheme... I hope this doesn't mean I'm putting a low skill ceiling over me. I really want to play this character as good as I can.
I play with the 3ds control scheme as well and there has never been a situation where I felt like I could've won or done something better/more quickly with a different controller. For the most part it's preference

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
So, I wonder what you guys think about that "new" Bidou Control Scheme & the techs that go with it. I mean, it does look awesome (MELEE MARTH IS NEARLY BACK), but I can't help but feel like we won't get much from it...

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
I think Mega Man is just too slow to really benefit much from it. It certainly would allow for some better footwork which leads to better lemon spacing. But I'm not switching back to a pro controller and those controls for footwork alone.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Hey guys. I wrote something and I want your opinions on it:
Music used for this:

My sweet, sweet brother
You're near your end
I can't stand the pain
I want you to take this
You need it more than me
I'm okay with this
Giving up my life

I will give everything up
To see you alive
The world needs you right now
I would give up my life for you

Time after time
You've been there for me
Whenever I needed you
It's my turn to repay you
With my life
You've earned my trust
And my love

I need you to understand this
Even if I don't make it
I want you to remember
That I gave up my life for you

For too long I've been watching
You risk your life
For the world and our family
Now it's time I do something for you

I will give everything up
To see you alive
The world needs you right now
I would give up my life for you

I would give up my life for you...

TheGlove

Smash Cadet
Well I haven't seen this anywhere on the boards yet so Im going to post this here. Scatt (Highest placing American Mega Man) made a match up chart a couple weeks back.

https://twitter.com/ScAttMM

I think this was posted soon after the patch dropped so opinions may have changed, but if this was Mega Man's actual match up spread, I would say he's a pretty viable character especially with a secondary.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Seems pretty reasonable all around, a few I wonder about though.

]As someone who plays both characters, I for one would be very interested to see why he considers :4greninja: a + MU, last time I checked he viewed it as dead even and it kinda surprises me to see that he puts it up even higher. A lot of Greninjas on their own boards would call it even or slightly in his own favor. We got buffed quite a few times now, and ScAtt still feels so confident about it (though I don't think any of the 1.15 Gren buffs don't do much to change the MU). In my experience from both sides, it never really felt bad as either character tbh, felt completely dead even. But I take it ScAtt knows something that I don't, and I would be super interested in playing this MU again to find some insight on it.

:4littlemac: perplexed me even more. I personally get eaten alive by this guy and got 2-0'd one in a local a week ago, yet I've originally been hearing from other that we should win this MU and that I was just playing the MU wrong (I probably still am regardless). Last I saw, ScAtt himself considered him +1 for us, and now here is at -1 instead. I wonder what made him change his mind like that... and I still don't know how to stand my ground against Mac. Anyone else got opinions or advice on this MU? If Scatt differently now, I'd like to hear what others still think of it.

Surprised to see :4marth: and :4olimar: as postitive MUs. I don't know much about either character and I suck at the MUs so not much to say here, but I would love to hear how we win against them. Can't stand fighting them, personally.

Would personally swap :4falcon: with :4fox:'s spot, both are tough MUs for sure but Fox is not as threatening imo. Utilt really hurts when he gets and its hard to land with his dash attack being a bother, but he doesn't get anything off grabs like Falcon does and doesn't have his air speed or godly jab that threatens MM; not to mention that while they both have poor recoveries, I find Fox even easier to kill when he weighs a lot less.

Would do the same thing with :4mario: and :4pikachu:. First, ScAtt called Mario a -2 matchup. Then he said it was either -1 or -1.5. And now were at -0.5? Which is basically even? It seems he's come a long way in this MU, maybe his evolving confidence just knows something that I don't. Idk. I do not see what makes Pika much more threatening though.

:4duckhunt: would solidly be in our favor imo. Lemons destroy his SideB shenanigans (which have low priority and a lot of endlag anyway) and we can disrupt his gunmen and can shenanigans with Metal Blades and Crash Bomber fairly well. On top of this, killing is a little easier than usual: his recovery sucks and he can't really do much to protect himself besides shooting a can and wall jumping (if on a stage where he can even do it at all), otherwise I find it kind of easy to snipe him with a simple Hard Knuckle, Slash Claw, or even Leafstool + Metal Blade Z-Drop and for once killing isn't all too difficult in this MU. In reverse, he himself can't really do much to stop our recovery (although, his ledge traps are fairly good) and his kill options are probably among the game's Top 5 worst: bad frame data and a lack of kill confirms are what hinder him as a character greatly. Granted, he does have good pressure traps if he chooses to go offensive and his damage output is leagues above Mega Man's, but I like to think our weight, superior offstage game, and his poor kill & edgeguard options aid us here; all of these factors combined means Doggy will reaaaally have problems taking that stock.

:4gaw: A friend of mine who's a knowledgable player finds it difficult to believe we beat G&W that badly, and that its probably around even. After playing another good G&W who's taken his place, I think I'd agree with him. Although, I've lost to said player in tournaments twice now but the more I play him, the easier this begins to feel: He only has 4 attacks that are safe on shield (getting an Utilt OoS against G&W feels easier than normally in my experience), he relies far too much on his Usmash for killing, and he seems awfully easy to kill himself since he's so light. Now that I'm starting to download his habits, I think it will be just a matter of time before I get my revenge. I still see this as 55:45 at best, though.

These are just my 2 cents though, nothing more and nothing less. Long wall of text is long, I know :p

Last edited:

Jalil

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JeMaraj
Seems pretty reasonable all around, a few I wonder about though.

]As someone who plays both characters, I for one would be very interested to see why he considers :4greninja: a + MU, last time I checked he viewed it as dead even and it kinda surprises me to see that he puts it up even higher. A lot of Greninjas on their own boards would call it even or slightly in his own favor. We got buffed quite a few times now, and ScAtt still feels so confident about it (though I don't think any of the 1.15 Gren buffs don't do much to change the MU). In my experience from both sides, it never really felt bad as either character tbh, felt completely dead even. But I take it ScAtt knows something that I don't, and I would be super interested in playing this MU again to find some insight on it.

:4littlemac: perplexed me even more. I personally get eaten alive by this guy and got 2-0'd one in a local a week ago, yet I've originally been hearing from other that we should win this MU and that I was just playing the MU wrong (I probably still am regardless). Last I saw, ScAtt himself considered him +1 for us, and now here is at -1 instead. I wonder what made him change his mind like that... and I still don't know how to stand my ground against Mac. Anyone else got opinions or advice on this MU? If Scatt differently now, I'd like to hear what others still think of it.

Surprised to see :4marth: and :4olimar: as postitive MUs. I don't know much about either character and I suck at the MUs so not much to say here, but I would love to hear how we win against them. Can't stand fighting them, personally.

Would personally swap :4falcon: with :4fox:'s spot, both are tough MUs for sure but Fox is not as threatening imo. Utilt really hurts when he gets and its hard to land with his dash attack being a bother, but he doesn't get anything off grabs like Falcon does and doesn't have his air speed or godly jab that threatens MM; not to mention that while they both have poor recoveries, I find Fox even easier to kill when he weighs a lot less.

Would do the same thing with :4mario: and :4pikachu:. First, ScAtt called Mario a -2 matchup. Then he said it was either -1 or -1.5. And now were at -0.5? Which is basically even? It seems he's come a long way in this MU, maybe his evolving confidence just knows something that I don't. Idk. I do not see what makes Pika much more threatening though.

:4duckhunt: would solidly be in our favor imo. Lemons destroy his SideB shenanigans (which have low priority and a lot of endlag anyway) and we can disrupt his gunmen and can shenanigans with Metal Blades and Crash Bomber fairly well. On top of this, killing is a little easier than usual: his recovery sucks and he can't really do much to protect himself besides shooting a can and wall jumping (if on a stage where he can even do it at all), otherwise I find it kind of easy to snipe him with a simple Hard Knuckle, Slash Claw, or even Leafstool + Metal Blade Z-Drop and for once killing isn't all too difficult in this MU. In reverse, he himself can't really do much to stop our recovery (although, his ledge traps are fairly good) and his kill options are probably among the game's Top 5 worst: bad frame data and a lack of kill confirms are what hinder him as a character greatly. Granted, he does have good pressure traps if he chooses to go offensive and his damage output is leagues above Mega Man's, but I like to think our weight, superior offstage game, and his poor kill & edgeguard options aid us here; all of these factors combined means Doggy will reaaaally have problems taking that stock.

:4gaw: A friend of mine who's a knowledgable player finds it difficult to believe we beat G&W that badly, and that its probably around even. After playing another good G&W who's taken his place, I think I'd agree with him. Although, I've lost to said player in tournaments twice now but the more I play him, the easier this begins to feel: He only has 4 attacks that are safe on shield (getting an Utilt OoS against G&W feels easier than normally in my experience), he relies far too much on his Usmash for killing, and he seems awfully easy to kill himself since he's so light. Now that I'm starting to download his habits, I think it will be just a matter of time before I get my revenge. I still see this as 55:45 at best, though.

These are just my 2 cents though, nothing more and nothing less. Long wall of text is long, I know :p
I agree with mostly all of this besides you saying that duck hunt can't do much about megamans recovery. Megamans fairly easy for me to edgeguard with duck hunt. Nairs lingering hitbox is easy to hit and doesn't take much risk since mm can't attack straight out of his up b. Backwards can shots approaching the ledge can 2 frame mm without going off the stage (plus combos if it hits, sending mm offstage again if you want to) and regular can shots can cover mm going high while duck hunt himself covers going low with nair. Megamans linear recovery and no invincibility also makes it easier to hit dair.

Last edited:

TheGlove

Smash Cadet
In regards to Falcon its important to remember that Scatt is in the same region as Fatality whom he goes pretty even with, the player vs player matchup may color his opinion on the character vs character match up. Scatt is still likely the best megaman at the falcon match up. I might try to compile every video of the two playing in chronological order sometime and try to get some analysis going. The adaption over time by both players is incredible.

Last edited:

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
So, how is everyone enjoying their new FE profile picture?

EDIT: Wondering why Cloud and Mac as negatives on Scatt's MU chart.

Last edited:

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Just look at Peabnut's sets for Mac. I'll post 'em right away. BTW, if you ever come by @Peabnut Bubber, I enjoyed watching your sets, but you should try to wall Pikachu with FAirs, Lemons & Leaf Shields. Good stuff tho.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I usually do better as Mac against Mega than the other way around. Since I kinda co-second both, that must mean something.
I think it's all about the reads. Megaman's attacks are really laggy except for maybe lemons, and that doesn't leave Mac out for too long.
It feels like a nightmare matchup for Megaman, even if in reality it's about even-ish.

The good news is that once Mac is in the air, Megaman automatically gains stage control. And the gimping part is considerably easy for the blue bomber.

Last edited:

JuanHUM

Smash Cadet
NNID
JuanHUM
Hi guys im new to the megaman thread but i play megaman since the very begining ( the 3ds demo ), he is and always be my main, i was thinking of drop him but i simply cannot, i really really see a lot of potential in megaman, of course i dont see him as a top hig tier or something, but im sure that we can do much much more, i think that the proper megaman play style has not been properly adopted, megaman have so much movility in the air with the metal blade.

But aside from that, i need a little help with megaman edge guarding, any tips that you guys coul please tell me? i really apreciated im really bad with edgeguarding x(.

Thank you and i hope we can make this character shine some day :,)

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Hi guys im new to the megaman thread but i play megaman since the very begining ( the 3ds demo ), he is and always be my main, i was thinking of drop him but i simply cannot, i really really see a lot of potential in megaman, of course i dont see him as a top hig tier or something, but im sure that we can do much much more, i think that the proper megaman play style has not been properly adopted, megaman have so much movility in the air with the metal blade.

But aside from that, i need a little help with megaman edge guarding, any tips that you guys coul please tell me? i really apreciated im really bad with edgeguarding x(.

Thank you and i hope we can make this character shine some day :,)
Welcome to the family, man. We hope you enjoy your time here. :)
Also, check this out: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mega-man-legends-2-coming-to-psn-and-heres-when/1100-6436211/

Top Bottom