• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Where do I even start to look for 7 and 8?
7's on the Wii U Virtual Console and 8's on the PS3 PSN.

Mega-Spider

To someone who never played a megaman game besides Megaman X Street Fighter

what mega man game should i go for

including the spin offs
The easiest games I recommend are 2, X, 3, and 6. I also recommend the Battle Network and Zero series since I find them highly underrated, especially Battle Network.
I found 10 to be a better overall challenge. It felt like 9 relied on a few cheap tricks that wouldn't fool you after seeing them once. I also feel like I've said this here before.

The only cheap tricks that I can think of is that one grabbing enemy in Wily Stage 3 and those 1-Up Mets. I really hate that stage, but I feel the rest of the game's design if good overall.

Last edited:

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
And the vertical drop onto the spikes in Galaxy Man's stage, the spiked wall chasm in Splashwo Man's stage, the fall-through floors in Concrete Man's stage,

Megamang

Smash Lord
Im really glad someone else mentioned Battle Network, as those games were amazing! When I went off to college my friend and I agreed to face off over the breaks we get. I think the enjoyment of the game is boosted considerably if you find someone to play against, as it makes finding cool chips fun, and constantly trying to make a better PvP megaman build is really cool. Especially when you think 'man if I had this chip this folder would be great' and you look it up and the chip exists, but its super deep in a hard level only opened after a cool post game quest. The game's post game is really long, so don't think its over when you beat the final boss in any of the games.

Ahem, back to sm4sh. I'm trying to get to the top megaman spot on Anther's ladder, hoping for some friendly competition! =P. I hope no one considers it cheating that I have a Cloud for Shiek and Mario MUs.

Also, can we perhaps make a megaman metagame thread? There are some things I want to discuss about the potential for megaman getting even better, but I don't think there is a really good place to put them right now.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Im really glad someone else mentioned Battle Network, as those games were amazing! When I went off to college my friend and I agreed to face off over the breaks we get. I think the enjoyment of the game is boosted considerably if you find someone to play against, as it makes finding cool chips fun, and constantly trying to make a better PvP megaman build is really cool. Especially when you think 'man if I had this chip this folder would be great' and you look it up and the chip exists, but its super deep in a hard level only opened after a cool post game quest. The game's post game is really long, so don't think its over when you beat the final boss in any of the games.

Ahem, back to sm4sh. I'm trying to get to the top megaman spot on Anther's ladder, hoping for some friendly competition! =P. I hope no one considers it cheating that I have a Cloud for Shiek and Mario MUs.

Also, can we perhaps make a megaman metagame thread? There are some things I want to discuss about the potential for megaman getting even better, but I don't think there is a really good place to put them right now.
Seeing as how Mario and Sheik are Megs' worst match ups, I personally don't blame you for having a secondary. Hell, I have Kirby and Sonic to back Megs up on some match ups, like Fox.
About Anther's Ladder, I've been thinking about going on there, but I have a few concerns, mainly the Internet connectivity issues. Maybe it was just For Glory and its ****ty online user base, but I could barely go online without having 9 out of 10 matches lag horribly. This is probably just me, but playing online feels... heavy to me. It's a bit hard to explain, but everything feels like it's 10 times heavier than it normally is. I know Anther's is a MUCH better place to learn match ups than For Glory ever will be, but the online issues is what keeps me away.
Also, Battle Network is a VERY underrated series! Other than parts of the original and the atrocity that is Battle Network 4, Battle Network is my second favorite Mega Man series, and I can't wait for Battle Network 6 to release on the eShop in America, since that's my favorite BN game. :)

Last edited:

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Yeah, i kinda give up on Anthers ladder cause my internet seems to have a will of its own. I had gotten better connections there than with my freaking neighbours sometimes, but other times is worse than FG.

That wouldn't be a problem, but considering that i'm brazilian aka people expect our internet to suck(with good reason, tbh) so i end up waiting for over an hour to get one game in, and considering i had like 4 hours of free time till this year(studying now, so can only play on weekends), i prefer to practice with people in the BR Forum. Plus i feel really, really bad when i make someone add me, then it turns out unplayable.
Still reccomend it for you guys with better connections, from the little i played there, that place is way, way better than FG.

I said it before and i'll say it again, i have a personal love for the SF series, but that also extends to BN, love those games.
I know 4 was.... "not very amazing", lets leave it like that, but i enjoy those games a lot. The whole strategy turn thingy in BF5 in particular, i may be weird, but i had a lot of fun with that.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Also, Battle Network is a VERY underrated series! Other than parts of the original and the atrocity that is Battle Network 4, Battle Network is my second favorite Mega Man series, and I can't wait for Battle Network 6 to release on the eShop in America, since that's my favorite BN game. :)
So far I've played the first, 2, 3 Blue and Team ProtoMan, and they're all fantastic games in their own right. I've heard some........less than savory details about BN 4, so I haven't decided if I should try it out or not. Currently Team ProtoMan(haven't played Team Colonel yet) is my favorite, but I'm wondering if BN 6 will change that opinion since I've heard good things about it. I've also heard favorable opinions on SF 3, so I'm hoping to snag that one at some point(whether by finding an old copy or it makes its way onto Wii U VC).

Megamang

Smash Lord
FG is basically unplayable for me right now because im shadowbanned, probably because people dont like being zoned and nintendo has no idea how to make a good report system...

Anyways, for anyone who wants a better online experience, I cannot recommend enough an ethernet to USB adapter for the WiiU. No matter how good your wifi is, a wire is gonna be better. It also never has problems with interference. Only issue was one time my gf's cocker spaniel got his foot caught in it, panicked, and took the entire wiiU down in a fit of terror. But I blame poor wire management.

I need to get BN6, I stopped at 5. I didn't think 4 was terrible, but I was a kid. Whats wrong with it?

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
So small dogs will get caught in the ethernet cable 100% of the time? No buy!
Easy solution: Don't get a small dog. Get a manly dog, then it would be too big to get caught in wires.

EDIT: Proper wire placement wouldn't hurt, either....

Last edited:

Megamang

Smash Lord
Hes mid sized, 40lbs. Bred for bird hunting, which is a Spanish/British kind of manly! Now he takes his bird rage out on the moon and hot air balloons.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Hes mid sized, 40lbs. Bred for bird hunting, which is a Spanish/British kind of manly! Now he takes his bird rage out on the moon and hot air balloons.
40 lbs.? That seems kind of light for a mid-sized dog, no? Seems more on the small side to me, but then again I'm used to big dogs.

Bird hunting?! That ain't manly! THIS is manly:

The kind of manly that will put its life on the line for you when s**t goes down.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Yeah, i have the lan adapter, wireless connection really can't compare.

But i only have a cat, so i'm safe.

Megamang

Smash Lord
I live in one room with my gf and her dawg for now (college woo!), with no real yard. So as much as I love Shephards, it would be cruel to have one i cant really exercise.

... just realized i need to make a rush custome. Brb.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Because cats are jerks, right?:troll:
They are, no discussion here. But the little ******** are so cute...

I live in one room with my gf and her dawg for now (college woo!), with no real yard. So as much as I love Shephards, it would be cruel to have one i cant really exercise.

... just realized i need to make a rush custome. Brb.
I demand pictures of it once you are done.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
What about you Mega-Spider Mega-Spider , have any pets?

Did they tried to kill you yet?
2 dogs. A Boarder Collie (age 12) and a Pitbull/Boxer mix (age 2). The Boarder Collie's on her last legs, as she has hip problems and his diabetic (like I am). As for the Pitbull/Boxer mix, he's very hyper and loves to play with my dad and little brother. I let him sleep on my bed sometimes.
No, they haven't tried to kill me. :p

Last edited:

TheGlove

Smash Cadet
Hello again mega man community!

So...I main mega man now :lol:
Always good to have more mega mains, may I ask why you chose mega? I remember hearing you switched off :4pacman: a while ago in the competitive thread, but I thought you were switching to someone else. What made mega man stand out for you?

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Always good to have more mega mains, may I ask why you chose mega? I remember hearing you switched off :4pacman: a while ago in the competitive thread, but I thought you were switching to someone else. What made mega man stand out for you?
I used to co main him with pacman when the game first came out. Oddly enough, his game play fit me like a glove even though I didn't grow up with the mega man series.

I've come back to him because he has the wide assortment of tools and room for creativity that pacman has, with much, much less counterplay and micromanagement.
However, I stayed away for a bit because I feared that an optimal mega man would possibly be too repetitive (AAA, AAA...) and conservative for my taste. It felt like a waste of potential.
There was also the feeling of fraudulence I got for never touching a mega man game.

Eventually I started playing the mega man series games to connect with the character more, and did some research to find more aggressive/dynamic mega men. Now I'm ready to make my return as a blue bomber main.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I used to co main him with pacman when the game first came out. Oddly enough, his game play fit me like a glove even though I didn't grow up with the mega man series.

I've come back to him because he has the wide assortment of tools and room for creativity that pacman has, with much, much less counterplay and micromanagement.
However, I stayed away for a bit because I feared that an optimal mega man would possibly be too repetitive (AAA, AAA...) and conservative for my taste. It felt like a waste of potential.
There was also the feeling of fraudulence I got for never touching a mega man game.

Eventually I started playing the mega man series games to connect with the character more, and did some research to find more aggressive/dynamic mega men. Now I'm ready to make my return as a blue bomber main.
I said this a while ago, but playing Pac-Man requires the mind of a chess player. You need to think ahead at all times and you need to have backup plans for EVERY situation. You need to plan each move out carefully and make sure every projectile counts. I imagine that gets stressful in a really tough match up?

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I said this a while ago, but playing Pac-Man requires the mind of a chess player. You need to think ahead at all times and you need to have backup plans for EVERY situation. You need to plan each move out carefully and make sure every projectile counts. I imagine that gets stressful in a really tough match up?
Very good analogy. You have to be a mastermind. I imagine :4robinm:would be an excellent pacman player :laugh:

My personality is more intuned to adaptation and brainstorming ideas. This works well when it comes to theorycrafting traps, setups, and ways to deal with bad matchups (which was what I was known for on the pacman boards) but when it comes to actually playing the character? Nah.

Pacman demands extensive planning and strategy. Two things I kinda suck at :/.
I feel that mega man will fit my mental process more.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I CAN'T HELP IT !

Also holy **** we got Pacman9 ?
Awesome, welcome aboard !

.....Man, the Pacman boards are going to murder us D:
Thanks dude! Happy to be here ^^

And considering my reputation for being a bit unconventional and overzealous when it came to discussing Pac-Man's game plan and matchups...I'm sure that 1-3 of the more practical pacman mains in that thread will actually be happy to see such a heretic move on ^^;.

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
Thanks dude! Happy to be here ^^

And considering my reputation for being a bit unconventional and overzealous when it came to discussing Pac-Man's game plan and matchups...I'm sure that 1-3 of the more practical pacman mains in that thread will actually be happy to see such a heretic move on ^^;.
We have to do something about your name though. How about Megaman9? Mighty9?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So did anyone end up getting the Legacy Collection?

.....Man, the Pacman boards are going to murder us D:
I laughed at this harder than I should have.

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
I found something interesting. While messing with landing UAirs after watching @AerialNinja 's sets (Many things I want to implement in there :p ), I ended up killing Olimar at around 140%. It also works on Lucario and Mewtwo, but it doesn't work on Bowser. I suspect it to be Weight/Fall Speed related, just like UThrow, but it definitely is interesting. I'll try to get a list on who can get killed like that and at which % it happens. (For real this time. Gotta finish the Crash Bomb Kill Range table :nervous: )

Edit : The phenomenon seems to be unrelated to Fall Speed, as Fox can die from it too, yet DK can't. That Air Shooter will make me go crazy XD

Edit 2 : The mystery gets deeper. It seems to work on Samus, but not on Mario... Well, I guess that means that the weight simply is as important as the character's floatiness... I'll keep checking that.

Last edited:

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
I found something interesting. While messing with landing UAirs after watching @AerialNinja 's sets (Many things I want to implement in there :p ), I ended up killing Olimar at around 140%. It also works on Lucario and Mewtwo, but it doesn't work on Bowser. I suspect it to be Weight/Fall Speed related, just like UThrow, but it definitely is interesting. I'll try to get a list on who can get killed like that and at which % it happens. (For real this time. Gotta finish the Crash Bomb Kill Range table :nervous: )

Edit : The phenomenon seems to be unrelated to Fall Speed, as Fox can die from it too, yet DK can't. That Air Shooter will make me go crazy XD

Edit 2 : The mystery gets deeper. It seems to work on Samus, but not on Mario... Well, I guess that means that the weight simply is as important as the character's floatiness... I'll keep checking that.
If you manage to solve the mystery that is how in the blue hell does air shooter works, we shall crown you king of the Megas.

On regards to Pacman9's name, i have to admit: i always wondered what happened with the Pacmen 1 through 8 :p

On that fact, something i would like to ask everyone here:

What is your nickname/nametag based on?
Does it have some meaning or is something that you thought on a whim, etc.

Mine is basically a song title.
There is this japanese band called Last Alliance, they have a song called "solitude", but seems like the romaji or the way they pronounce the song title or whatever, its "sorichuudo". I liked the name and thought i would probably never run into someone with the same nickname, so i took it XD
Lame, i know.

Top Bottom