• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
On that fact, something i would like to ask everyone here:

What is your nickname/nametag based on?
Does it have some meaning or is something that you thought on a whim, etc.
CopShowGuy:
15ish years ago, my brother and I made a home movie called Cop Show. I was the Cop Show Guy, he was the Bad Guy. We made well over 20 episodes over the years. I decided to just go with that as a screen name for nearly everything as the show was enjoyed by my circle of friends. The only other screen names I've ever had were MasterLSword on AOL Instant Messenger (waaaaay back when), and G.I. Jango in Battlefield 1942. There are even a few episodes of Cop Show uploaded to Youtube.

Megamang

Smash Lord
I used to be Phloat, but lost all my recovery options and my email for that account, and kinda wanted to start anew anyways since most of my 1000+ posts were from my childhood and I've changed a lot since then and wanted to start anew. Especially because I basically dropped out of Brawl and went into PC gaming since MK was not that much fun. After playing some S4 and getting really encouraged when they fixed Diddy that they were actually gonna balance the game, I went to find any character I particularly enjoyed. I really liked the SHL from melee falco, and I found similar fun with megaman's lemon game. I really liked the Megaman Battle Network Games, and played a lot of MMX when I was a kid. So I decided to get back into those, found them lots of fun, and also want to push the Mega Meta as much as I can. Hopefully they take 20 Weight off of shiek in a few months =P

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
My name is based off of a combination between Mega Man and Spider-Man. It's funny because if there was ever a Spider-Man Robot Master, that's exactly what he would be called: "Spider-Man." Because I wanted to come up with a more unique name for a Spider-Man/Mega Man combination, I figured "Mega-Spider" would be the only plausible name.

TheGlove

Smash Cadet
I, like may people probably, started playing video games pretty young and when the time came to create a gamer tag I of course tried to make something super cool up and my name ended up being something that sounded like it should be in star wars. Later in life, I thought that name was kind of silly so I decided to make a new one. I was sitting in a truck, bored looking at the glovebox and then it came to me.

In other news, Has anyone seen this already?
Bring monster hunter X to the West already!

Last edited:

Prepare_Yourself

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3067-6422-0231
Hello Mega Man boards! I don't know how many of you are Mega Man classic fans, but I'd like to invite one and all to the "remove your least favorite" forum game, where we're doing Mega Man 1-3 robot masters. I did this to the Brawl Snake social thread as well, when we did Metal Gear character elimination. It's a big list, so come help us whittle it down!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
And I...

I just want to change my name. :(

(shinhed stood for Shinigami and Hedgehog, back from a day when I was really into Bleach and Sonic, and ECHI was my competitive Melee tag a long time ago, so it was nostalgic, but I don't want to be associated with anything ecchi, now that I'm married and all...)

I have no idea how to call myself now. I'm casually going by Rock-DJ on tourneys because Rocker was the first name EVER I used in a game (outside of my real first name), and DJ stands for my first and last name initials. Also... I kind of really like the song...

Megamang

Smash Lord
I think with smashboards premium you can change your name. That or people are magic these days. Or im losing my mind.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Thanks for replying guys, its nice to know how you all thought of your nametags had no idea Copshowguy is a former movie star XD

In other news, Has anyone seen this already?
Bring monster hunter X to the West already!
Oh man, i still have to unlock that on MH4U, let alone waiting for MHX to come out. Between school, work and smash, i havent played as much MH as i would like.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
My name is a result of lack of creativity and trying to be as inconspicuous as possible. SWF was the first website I joined and it was at a time when there was a massive campaign in schools about internet safety as social networks/YT were brand spanking new or were rising.

You can only change your name if you have a premium account FYI.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
And my name comes from one of my favorite artists out there: Kyary Pamyu Pamyu
:196:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
That moment when i know nothing about this artist except for that one song, PonPonPon XD
Likely story
PONPONPON is like her iconic work but her other videos are on the same style, just not as over-the-top as that one.

I still love her music, videos, and style.
:196:

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
So everyone, i'm actually happy how this one turned out, enough to post it here:

Give it a watch you have 5 minutes to waste XD

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5
My name seriously came from a a game where my circle of friends would be given four random letters and we would have to make a name using only those four letters. I got X,A,V,I and came up with this. RNGesus also thought it would be funny to give us some four letter words and we respinned those times.

Megamang

Smash Lord
If anyone is bored looking for some other stuff on youtube, there is a thing called Summer Games Done Quick, which is like a big speedrunning... thing. Anyways, they do megaman X races, and they are pretty cool. You get to see how little things make the difference in those games, how technical they are (especially X2 with the shock chain and flame charge powers giving you sick mobility... Holy **** we should have shock chain for a zair... though actually our grab is pretty amazing as it is, i don't know if more zoning options would be worth a tether grab.) and just generally waste a good 45 minutes on youtube watching people destroy our favorite childhood games. Yeh.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
If anyone is bored looking for some other stuff on youtube, there is a thing called Summer Games Done Quick, which is like a big speedrunning... thing. Anyways, they do megaman X races, and they are pretty cool. You get to see how little things make the difference in those games, how technical they are (especially X2 with the shock chain and flame charge powers giving you sick mobility... Holy **** we should have shock chain for a zair... though actually our grab is pretty amazing as it is, i don't know if more zoning options would be worth a tether grab.) and just generally waste a good 45 minutes on youtube watching people destroy our favorite childhood games. Yeh.
Decided to check if they had a playtrough of MM7, and lo and behold, they do.
Nice how they managed to get by the first stages fast, since Mega doensn't get any mobilty upgrades like in the X games. The solution: WORK TROUGH THE PAIN, get hit and keep going XD

Will watch the rest later, this is some nice stuff.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

I can't believe this was posted early last month and it went under the radar of fans for so long. :sadeyes:

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
I'll definitely have to check that out.

Any of you 3DS owners check out the two Mega Man themes in the theme shop. I bought them. They're great. Wished they hadn't used the MM1 stage select/sounds for the music for the stage select theme. 2-6 all had better stage select themes.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103

Any of you 3DS owners check out the two Mega Man themes in the theme shop. I bought them. They're great. Wished they hadn't used the MM1 stage select/sounds for the music for the stage select theme. 2-6 all had better stage select themes.
They have Mega Man themes for the 3DS eShop now? I wish I wasn't at school so I can download this right now!

Megamang

Smash Lord
Ive fallen a few places on smashladder! Glad for some competition, it felt way too easy to hit #2 when I did it.

I added bayonetta to my reportoire instead of Cloud, im using her for Shiek (giving me an edge in the 50-50 and combo potential is hilariously strong, sorry for dropping mega here but it felt so hopeless. I still start 95% of matches with Mega and get a nice long game to download their shiek habits, much like [a less effective] version of Anti using Wii Fit Trainer to play shieks game one), Mario, and the Megaman ditto (zoning battle is zzzz, though I honestly believe the MU is about even/probably stage dependent for who gets advantage. TaC is like kill city so mega struggles, but Battlefield is definitely his advantage. I love that ninty interpreted his metal-ness as being heavy as ****, makes sense)

So imma start climbing again now that my secondary struggles are over. Additionally, I got a mechanical keyboard, so expect long drawn out posts as much as possible as this thing is a lot of fun. Blue switches too, so its extra loud and feels extra clicky.

And in other news, im trying to reduce my (admittedly liberal)(and often excessive) usage of parenthesis in my posts, but they are so much fun. As a younger person I overused ellipses and only realized how annoying that is much later; the paren's are going down the same route so out they must go. But sometimes I wanna add a footnote, you know?

anyways, for anyone who wants to improve their mega, hit that ladder and practice with us. Lag isn't so bad for learning MU stuff, obviously the Matchup changes when both players have access to reactionary options, but its great for working on pressure strings. Nairo has inspired me to work on a much more aggressive megaman, I feel that if the opponent is constantly on the backfoot, Zigma Upper kills and regular gimps will become much more common. This is combined with constant short hop pellets, of course.

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5

Got the special edition megaman legacy collection, it came with those themes for free :). I really have to recommend this game while I'm at it solely for the challenge mode, having to beat all the robot masters from every game on one health bar is exactly as hard as it sounds.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Got the special edition megaman legacy collection, it came with those themes for free :). I really have to recommend this game while I'm at it solely for the challenge mode, having to beat all the robot masters from every game on one health bar is exactly as hard as it sounds.
I have the PS4 Digital edition, and some of those challenges are pretty tough. I'm getting the 3DS Collector's Edition, and hopefully, the PS4 Special Edition.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Ive fallen a few places on smashladder! Glad for some competition, it felt way too easy to hit #2 when I did it.

I added bayonetta to my reportoire instead of Cloud, im using her for Shiek (giving me an edge in the 50-50 and combo potential is hilariously strong, sorry for dropping mega here but it felt so hopeless. I still start 95% of matches with Mega and get a nice long game to download their shiek habits, much like [a less effective] version of Anti using Wii Fit Trainer to play shieks game one), Mario, and the Megaman ditto (zoning battle is zzzz, though I honestly believe the MU is about even/probably stage dependent for who gets advantage. TaC is like kill city so mega struggles, but Battlefield is definitely his advantage. I love that ninty interpreted his metal-ness as being heavy as ****, makes sense)

So imma start climbing again now that my secondary struggles are over. Additionally, I got a mechanical keyboard, so expect long drawn out posts as much as possible as this thing is a lot of fun. Blue switches too, so its extra loud and feels extra clicky.

And in other news, im trying to reduce my (admittedly liberal)(and often excessive) usage of parenthesis in my posts, but they are so much fun. As a younger person I overused ellipses and only realized how annoying that is much later; the paren's are going down the same route so out they must go. But sometimes I wanna add a footnote, you know?

anyways, for anyone who wants to improve their mega, hit that ladder and practice with us. Lag isn't so bad for learning MU stuff, obviously the Matchup changes when both players have access to reactionary options, but its great for working on pressure strings. Nairo has inspired me to work on a much more aggressive megaman, I feel that if the opponent is constantly on the backfoot, Zigma Upper kills and regular gimps will become much more common. This is combined with constant short hop pellets, of course.
How exactly does ladder stuff work? I never quite understood how you connect to other players, report results, etc.

Challenge mode actually sounds kind of awesome based on that one challenge alone. Would hope you get some health back like the regular teleport rooms in each game or that it refills your weapons each time.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I appreciate the challenge.

As someone who got Mr.Perfect achievement in MM10. This one will be hell.

Kind of like that hack where you fight all 8 mm2 robot masters at the same time, except buster only and no energy tanks. That hard, maybe worse. I wonder if anybody will complete it without dying?

I'll probably be toast at Gutsman. I might make it all the way to Ringman or Skullman if I'm optimistic and feeling REALLY hardcore. (If we're talking about No Items challenge).

If I somehow survive up to MM5 Robot Masters, it's all downhill from there.

Megamang

Smash Lord
How exactly does ladder stuff work? I never quite understood how you connect to other players, report results, etc.
You make an account, and then log into it. From here, you enter some small profile stuff like your NNID and your location (just city. You can tell how close people are to you because their Name/Loc is Blue to Red, the cooler colours are closer and thus are usually better connections), what smash games you are there to play (you can netplay all the games by now!) and your main, and in each game you have you answer specific stuff about the game. Im not sure about the others, but for smash 4 this basically just means do you have dreamland, since if neither player has dreamland it isn't available for CP. Then you enter the chat room, and either click someone's little smash icon to challenge them or press play to host a challenge. Then, you can either see when they accept/deny your challenge, or accept/deny a challenge when you get one. From here you have a little private window with the guy you are playing, and the client basically does everything for you in terms of stage selection in the proper competitive order, double blind picking, etc.

Its really easy to follow from here, with stuff like "Select 2 stages you would like to strike" (not verbatim but basically), "waiting for your opponent to choose character", its all done in the correct order. After each game, you report Win/Loss. If both players report the same result, the game continues. This happens 95% of the time or more. If someone does decide to be a salty sally, the game will say your submitted results are different and open a dispute. You could probably submit a replay or try and prove the result, but honestly most people of higher ranks don't try and cheat for points and I find im better off just playing some more and forgetting about my disputes.

There was the one time I must have been playing against a real life friend of a mod or something, because I basically lost a dispute with no explanation after timing someone out, after they freakin timed me out game 2 AND started camping immediately in game 3. Just being a ****, and he said 'good luck' like he knew it was gonna go his way. Again, this was my only bad experience, compared to dozes on FG every time I try it, so I would really suggest you check it out!

Oh, also, you don't have to do ranked. You can host a game for Bo3 Ranked, Bo5 Ranked, Bo3 Unranked, Bo5 Unranked, Endless Friendlies (Singles) and Endless Friendlies (Doubles)... Or just message people in chat for doubles.

Its worth checking out if you want a nice way to improve your smash game! Theres always room for more Mega players on there, as of right now there are only ~25 :(

smashladder.com

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5
Challenge mode actually sounds kind of awesome based on that one challenge alone. Would hope you get some health back like the regular teleport rooms in each game or that it refills your weapons each time.
There is a version with and without healing items. This is forgetting to mention the timer too, this game is out for my head on a silver platter :skull:.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I finally got the Mega Man Legacy Collection the other day but I haven't started on it yet because I'm still playing through Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright at the moment. Once I finish with that one, which I'm confident it will be by the weekend, I'll start my very first experience with the blue bomber.

Oh, and I got the stickers and the two Mega Man theme codes that came with it.

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I finally got the Mega Man Legacy Collection the other day but I haven't started on it yet because I'm still playing through Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright at the moment. Once I finish with that one, which I'm confident it will be by the weekend, I'll start my very first experience with the blue bomber.

Oh, and I got the stickers and the two Mega Man theme codes that came with it.
If you want an easy first experience, I suggest going with the normal mode of 2, 5, or 6. Though be warned: 6 has an odd control quirk that doesn't allow the player to jump from a slide. I know that sounds trivial, but being able to jump from a slide for 3 games and then have it not work is a pretty noticeable flaw if you ask me.

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5
If you want an easy first experience, I suggest going with the normal mode of 2, 5, or 6. Though be warned: 6 has an odd control quirk that doesn't allow the player to jump from a slide. I know that sounds trivial, but being able to jump from a slide for 3 games and then have it not work is a pretty noticeable flaw if you ask me.
Never noticed it. 6 is my favorite anyway, maybe nostalgia blinders

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Thanks for the heads up. I'll be sure to keep that in mind.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Hey guys. I'm thinking of making an account for Anther's Ladder. What are the advantages and disadvantages (besides lag) of using this system, and should I be worried about rankings?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I finally got to start playing the Legacy Collection starting with the first Mega Man game. I must say the Elec Man and Ice Man levels are giving me a hard time. I did managed to beat the Cut Man and Guts Man levels.

Other than that, I'm really enjoying it.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I've been having a blast with Legacy Collection myself. I immediately jumped to the challenges.

All I got left is the No Items, ALL Boss Rush mode, and Disappearing Blocks... No items.

As for the main campaigns, I'm at Mr.X's castle in MM6.

This is a GREAT collection. And I'm really hoping there's a MMLC 2 with MM7, 8, 9, 10, Bass and Bass 2. (And if they're good chumps, SFxMM and/or the MM7/MM8 fan Demakes).

Seriously, not being able to download MM7 for not owning a New3DS is ridiculous... :(

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Hey guys. I'm thinking of making an account for Anther's Ladder. What are the advantages and disadvantages (besides lag) of using this system, and should I be worried about rankings?
Well, besides better connections, players there are a lot better so you will actually learn a lot of stuff you can't hope to leearn in FG.
Also it helps you simulate a tournament enviroment, if there are none near your location. I don't use it anymore just cause i wait a loooong time to get a match, cause ya know, BR internet and stuff. You won't have that problem :)

Top Bottom