• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
I backed the game up too. I'm usually okay with delays, because it tells me that the developers would rather have a game that works than a game that's shipped out with bugs on arrival (Hi, Arkham Knight PC port). My issue with this delay is that this is the third delay, and Inafune promised that there wouldn't be anymore delays after the second one. I've seen people say that this game is going to suck because of the countless delays. It also doesn't help that whenever Mighty Number 9 is brought up, people usually gloss over it. I've even had one dickbag say that I should be ashamed for being optimistic for the game. That's how low it's gotten.
While it is true that we were promised by Inafune no more delays, things like this tend to happen during a games development. As for the people you've encountered that say the game is gonna suck ( even though it hasn't even been released yet ) pay no mind. As for the negativity surrounding Mighty No.9 is because according to "everyone" "It's a by-the-books case of a crowdfunding project gone to ****. It was just very poorly executed, and the demo was lackluster. And to add, people started pointing out (after the fact) that similar crowdfunding projects have produced better results while asking for less". Now while some of that is true I still have high hopes that the game will be great. I'd rather they get it right, take their time and deliver the best game possible rather than rush development and than truly give us a terrible game.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
What do you guys think of the ending theme to Mega Man 3? I think it's one of the most powerful music pieces in the series, and if you listen to The Megas version of this song, it's even more powerful. One of my favorite pieces in the franchise.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
While it is true that we were promised by Inafune no more delays, things like this tend to happen during a games development. As for the people you've encountered that say the game is gonna suck ( even though it hasn't even been released yet ) pay no mind. As for the negativity surrounding Mighty No.9 is because according to "everyone" "It's a by-the-books case of a crowdfunding project gone to ****. It was just very poorly executed, and the demo was lackluster. And to add, people started pointing out (after the fact) that similar crowdfunding projects have produced better results while asking for less". Now while some of that is true I still have high hopes that the game will be great. I'd rather they get it right, take their time and deliver the best game possible rather than rush development and than truly give us a terrible game.
Yeah, that's one thing I would agree with. I don't think people should be so negative towards a demo. I do think the game should look a little better. But I imagine part of that has to do with the game having so many ports.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I don't know why, but tamisuma.jp / terminalkai tends to use omega Wily Castle as a starter for their sets and this means one thing: Mega Man music. AMAZING. That is all. Carry on, folks. :p

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
I don't know why, but tamisuma.jp / terminalkai tends to use omega Wily Castle as a starter for their sets and this means one thing: Mega Man music. AMAZING. That is all. Carry on, folks. :p
Our scene recently outlawed all Omega stages in accordance with Genesis rules. I can never go back to Wily's Castle for the music :(

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Guys. I did it. Auto-Cancel Dair > UTilt. it was actually a really random string, but it worked at low % against a Kirby. I'll try to post it later :p

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Our scene recently outlawed all Omega stages in accordance with Genesis rules. I can never go back to Wily's Castle for the music :(
That's a stupid rule for local/regional tournaments to follow.
The only reason big tournaments ban them is because Nintendo won't allow it.
:196:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Aww... can't you gentleman/lady agreement... whatever to it? As kyokoro and IsmaR said, Japan uses omega stages as counter-picks and even starters - omega Gaur Plains is a starter... I find this a bit weird since if people really feel Final Destination's bright transition is that bad, they should be allowed to counter-pick to say, Battlefield, or some other stage that doesn't have licensed music if that's really an issue like who's going to really copyright Skyloft? Nintendo? Oh, wait, you're playing a Nintendo game on a stream and in a tournament Nintendo backs up. Oh well... really sucks since there's some amazing music in Smash like on Wily Castle and Suzaku Castle.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
It's funny considering national tournaments in Japan are allowed to use them, and frequently use Omega Wily's Castle~
You're absolutely right. NoA is the one who wouldn't allow it for some reason.

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
Aww... can't you gentleman/lady agreement... whatever to it?
Nah. They even said no gentlemanning whatsoever. And even I realize they don't do it at large nationals for copyright reasons. I brought that up but we're straight up mimicking Genesis' rules for some odd reason. Then again, I've heard that some people have had replays taken down from Youtube because of copyright music. We do stream our stuff. It'd be a shame to have it removed.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I'd say take action until it happens, which is highly unlikely. We have tons of videos, including our latest tournament with unusual stages like Windy Hill Zone and both from Pokémon, live and apparently safe.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, I'm not exactly sure why Omega stages are banned. But I haven't dug too deep into the topic either. So what I'm about to say could be written off as blissful ignorance. It just seems like a few of them could be made into legal stages. Even if you didn't want all of them to ape Final Destination. Wily's Castle for example, is one large platform at goes all the way to the bottom of the stage. So it can be used as a counter pick in some situations. Suzaku Castle has a much less distracting background than the standard Final Destination as well.

Even if I would have liked a version of Wily's Castle that kept the platforms but didn't have the Yellow Devil, the Omega version doesn't seem all that bad either. Who knows, maybe in the next game, we'll have a happy middle ground.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Got lucky the other day and picked up a copy of Rockman Soccer that one of my local game stores got in randomly. It's definitely underwhelming but it does have a lot of charm. Am kind of confused as to why it has music from MM5 but no playable RMs from the game, and you can see Wily's icon in multiplayer mode but you are unable to select it. This game was really rushed out the door, am glad I came across the cheaper SF version.

Just need the Starforce 1-3, Battlechip Challenge, Rockboard, Super Adventure, and Tron Bonne now to complete the series. :)

BTW does anyone play Megaman 8-Bit Deathmatch?

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Got lucky the other day and picked up a copy of Rockman Soccer that one of my local game stores got in randomly. It's definitely underwhelming but it does have a lot of charm. Am kind of confused as to why it has music from MM5 but no playable RMs from the game, and you can see Wily's icon in multiplayer mode but you are unable to select it. This game was really rushed out the door, am glad I came across the cheaper SF version.

Just need the Starforce 1-3, Battlechip Challenge, Rockboard, Super Adventure, and Tron Bonne now to complete the series. :)

BTW does anyone play Megaman 8-Bit Deathmatch?
Considering that the series loves to make numerous soccer references, it's shocking that the soccer spin off wasn't all that good. I tried it for an hour, and I couldn't take anymore of it.
I've seen and heard of 8-Bit Deathmatch, but I haven't played it. Is it any good?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
What goes on, blue bombers! Been a while since I last posted in here.

Only two weeks left until the Mega Man Legacy Collection comes out, which I'm looking forward to.

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
Considering that the series loves to make numerous soccer references, it's shocking that the soccer spin off wasn't all that good. I tried it for an hour, and I couldn't take anymore of it.
I've seen and heard of 8-Bit Deathmatch, but I haven't played it. Is it any good?
I really like the music in MM Soccer. Haven't played it since I was a kid though so I can't really judge gameplay for it now.

I was part of the dev team for 8-Bit Deathmatch for a while. Of course I'll recommend it. However, finding a server online can be difficult now-a-days without having to download a whole bunch of mods. Single player is pretty fun, still. They're also working on the MM9 expansion right now and populated servers really surge whenever an official update comes out.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I was part of the dev team for 8-Bit Deathmatch for a while. Of course I'll recommend it. However, finding a server online can be difficult now-a-days without having to download a whole bunch of mods. Single player is pretty fun, still. They're also working on the MM9 expansion right now and populated servers really surge whenever an official update comes out.
I thought I saw you on CutStuff.net. :p

Was addicted to it back when it first came out. I remember staying up all night once playing Capture the Flag. I kind of stopped after I had to go to college and they blocked non-console online gaming sadly.

Have been stuck on Hyper Storm H in Single Player ever since that expansion came out.

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
Another cutstuffer! Neat. I still check in on the site to see progress for the new patch. I don't do much else there. The chapter boss for the Genesis Unit is really tough. I haven't legit beaten them.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Would you replace Mega Man With a Call of Duty Soilder

Of Course i'll say no

what do you guys think

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Would you replace Mega Man With a Call of Duty Soilder

Of Course i'll say no

what do you guys think
Obviously pretty much anyone here will tell you that's an awful idea. The two games have nothing to do with each other. And Mega Man has been around longer, not to mention having many of his games on Nintendo systems.

CoD certainly has made it's mark on gaming and all, regardless of what one might think. But doesn't really have a particularly iconic protagonist.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
He asked that very same question in the Cloud and Lucina boards. Not sure what he was thinking...

7NATOR

Smash Master
What I'm Thinking is that I AM GOING TO ASK THIS SAME QUESTION ABOUT EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER IN ALL THE SOCIAL THREADS IF THEY HAVE ONE!

YOU CAN'T STOP ME, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
He asked that very same question in the Cloud and Lucina boards. Not sure what he was thinking...
Probably a troll or some idiot that doesn't know the concepts of video games.
Personally, I wouldn't mind an FPS Mega Man game if it played like the FPS mode in the Ratchet and Clank games. Oh, and doesn't look like, y'know, this:

7NATOR

Smash Master
MEGA-SPIDER, I understand Your concern with someone asking this type of question

But don't worry

This social thread is not the only victim

Sometimes its good to be bad

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Probably a troll or some idiot that doesn't know the concepts of video games.
Personally, I wouldn't mind an FPS Mega Man game if it played like the FPS mode in the Ratchet and Clank games. Oh, and doesn't look like, y'know, this:
Well okay then. I'd prefer anything over that.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't mind you asking these questions, but you know you're going to get the same responses, right?

7NATOR

Smash Master
yes, I'm just waiting for that one response from a "Fan" of a character

Also I am Bad

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
yes, I'm just waiting for that one response from a "Fan" of a character

Also I am Bad
If you're purposely trying to start a flame war you can be sure it will be dealt with swiftly.

Another cutstuffer! Neat. I still check in on the site to see progress for the new patch. I don't do much else there. The chapter boss for the Genesis Unit is really tough. I haven't legit beaten them.
I don't actually have an account, but I lurk there a lot of the time looking for updates, fanmods, and tutorials. I recognize you because of that swag Fakeman avatar you have. :shades:

7NATOR

Smash Master
nonononononon

That was a long time ago... 3 hours ago

I stop

But why can't there ever be flame wars

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Apparently, I found Mega Man 9 and 10 on the PlayStation Now app on my PS4. I would go ahead and play those but I'm gonna wait until I play the first 6 games in the classic series from the Legacy Collection, which I cannot wait.

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Apparently, I found Mega Man 9 and 10 on the PlayStation Now app on my PS4. I would go ahead and play those but I'm gonna wait until I play the first 6 games in the classic series from the Legacy Collection, which I cannot wait.
10's pretty user friendly. It's one of the easiest games in the series if you ask me. 9's a lot more difficult, but the weapons system and level design is superior if you ask me. Still, hope you enjoy the first 6 games. Also if you can, find 7 and 8. Those games are great too.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Mega-Spider

To someone who never played a megaman game besides Megaman X Street Fighter

what mega man game should i go for

including the spin offs

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
10's pretty user friendly. It's one of the easiest games in the series if you ask me. 9's a lot more difficult, but the weapons system and level design is superior if you ask me. Still, hope you enjoy the first 6 games. Also if you can, find 7 and 8. Those games are great too.
I found 10 to be a better overall challenge. It felt like 9 relied on a few cheap tricks that wouldn't fool you after seeing them once. I also feel like I've said this here before.

I don't actually have an account, but I lurk there a lot of the time looking for updates, fanmods, and tutorials. I recognize you because of that swag Fakeman avatar you have. :shades:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Where do I even start to look for 7 and 8?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ah ****. I don't have a damn GameCube.
It's also on PS2 and Original X-Box. Mega Man 7 I think is on Wii-U Virtual Console.

Mega-Spider

To someone who never played a megaman game besides Megaman X Street Fighter

what mega man game should i go for

including the spin offs
Mind if I make a suggestion? Like many people, I would recommend Mega Man 2 or Mega Man 3 as your starting game. But MM6 and MM10 are also good choices, since those two are easier than the others at least.

Top Bottom