• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
A little off topic, but what do you think are some underrated songs in the Megaman franchise? Dive Man's theme from MM4 is really good, but nobody ever talks about it.
Fire Man and his theme are so underrappreciated imo. As someone whose first MM level explored was his, his music is one of my favorites in the series and not many people seem to like his theme much and he doesn't seem to get much use in the other games either. He didn't appear in the Power Battle or the Power Fighters and was the only MM1 Robot Master who didn't (aside from Bomb Man), and I don't recall making him many appearances in the other spinoff games. He also seems to appear the least often in the Archie Comic Book series too.

I also like Heat Man's music, even though people complain its too short and a little bland. The Power FIghters remix of it is even cooler. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wtw0wFXGmkE

P.S. I agree that Dive Man's theme is underrated, my favorite theme in MM4 (behind Ring Man, Dust Man, & Pharaoh Man's themes) and one of my favorites in the whole series. A Water Level theme done right :p

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Fire Man and his theme are so underrappreciated imo. As someone whose first MM level explored was his, his music is one of my favorites in the series and not many people seem to like his theme much and he doesn't seem to get much use in the other games either. He didn't appear in the Power Battle or the Power Fighters and was the only MM1 Robot Master who didn't (aside from Bomb Man), and I don't recall making him many appearances in the other spinoff games. He also seems to appear the least often in the Archie Comic Book series too.

I also like Heat Man's music, even though people complain its too short and a little bland. The Power FIghters remix of it is even cooler. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wtw0wFXGmkE

P.S. I agree that Dive Man's theme is underrated, my favorite theme in MM4 (behind Ring Man, Dust Man, & Pharaoh Man's themes) and one of my favorites in the whole series. A Water Level theme done right :p
Fire Man's my favorite Robot Master of Mega Man 1. I just love the personality they gave him in Powered Up and he had a fantastic scene in Blue Shift (Archie Comic Issue 53, I believe). His theme's alright, but I love the Network Transmission version of the song the most.
As for underrated Mega Man songs, does anyone remember Buster Rod G from the Wily Tower mode from the Wily Wars? It's a song that I've been addicted to lately.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I took the liberty to preorder the Mega Man Legacy Collection over at Best Buy a couple of days back so now, I just wait until February for the game to come out. I usually preorder games a month before it comes out but I made an exception with this one.

As such, I'm really looking forward to finally play the Mega Man games for the first time. It's a good thing I didn't download the first 6 games in the series, otherwise I never would've preordered the compilation game.

If I ever get the chance, I would also love to play the Mega Man X games as well.

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I took the liberty to preorder the Mega Man Legacy Collection over at Best Buy a couple of days back so now, I just wait until February for the game to come out. I usually preorder games a month before it comes out but I made an exception with this one.

As such, I'm really looking forward to finally play the Mega Man games for the first time. It's a good thing I didn't download the first 6 games in the series, otherwise I never would've preordered the compilation game.

If I ever get the chance, I would also love to play the Mega Man X games as well.
I personally believe most of the Classic Mega Man games are great games. Hell, Mega Man 3 is in my Top 5 favorite games of all time for a reason. I hope you have a good time with the first 6 games when that time comes. :)
As for the X series, I've only played up to X5 because I haven't been able to find a copy of X6 (nor have I cared as of late), and I'm waiting to see if that PS2 emulator on the PS4 can play the Mega Man PS2 games to play X7 and X8 as well as Command Mission. The first X game is a masterpiece if you ask me, so I strongly recommend that game.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Just passing trough to wish ya all a merry christmas.
zx starforce xmas.jpg

Also bear with me, i just really like this fanart :)

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Merry Christmas to my fellow Mega Mains, straight from my shiny new iPod(blue of course:shades:)!

Tino Tino Try to snag the MMX collection if you can.

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Yeah, I do but I have it locked away in a closet...and I don't have an older TV to hook it back up on.
"Older TV"? You don't have a TV with an AV input? Many modern TVs should have it, as far as I know(mine does). And the Wii comes with a stock AV cable.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I'm only a couple of hours into ZX, but I can tell you that this track is freaking awesome:
Keep in mind that this is a remix and not the DS version.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
I'm only a couple of hours into ZX, but I can tell you that this track is freaking awesome:
Keep in mind that this is a remix and not the DS version.
Even then, the DS does a fine job with the soundtrack as it is, i have that song both the ds version and the ZX Tunes version in my music player.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
So I beat ZX yesterday. I spent my entire Christmas playing the game for my first run. It was a solid game, but I wish the game told me how to get to Areas rather than have me look for a map on the 'Net. Still, I had a good time with it. Also, this song is beautiful.

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
I posted the video in the matchup and video critique threads.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Well folks, this is it, another year ends (well, it does in about 10 minutes anyway).
I haven't been able to represent Mega as much as i would like, but i admire all you out there that did it.
You guys all rock, pun intended and i regret nothing.
May this game live on for a good time, may Megaman have as much representation as we can possibly provide him, but above all else, may all of you enjoy your holidays.

Godspeed Megamains, happy new year.

10574353_921054667930378_2192815314650135945_n.jpg

Picture shamelessly stolen from a Megaman facebook page cause i couldn't find a better one.

Last edited:

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Every Mega Man fan is going to hate me for this... I don't care.

I actually liked the VA he had in 8. It was kinda cute though Roll sounding deeper than him was just weird.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Happy New Year guys! Let us continue another year of discovering new things we could do with Mega Man and his meta. :)

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Every Mega Man fan is going to hate me for this... I don't care.

I actually liked the VA he had in 8. It was kinda cute though Roll sounding deeper than him was just weird.
I am stuck between being mildly amused, and also very, very relieved that Sakurai went retro with Megaman... seriously, i prefer him this way over that "glorious" voice.
Also this reminds me that someone actually believed it was a good idea to have Ruth Shiraishi dubbing X for Megaman X4...

Arcturian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Arcturian
I am stuck between being mildly amused, and also very, very relieved that Sakurai went retro with Megaman... seriously, i prefer him this way over that "glorious" voice.
Also this reminds me that someone actually believed it was a good idea to have Ruth Shiraishi dubbing X for Megaman X4...
Oh man. I never get tired of hearing X4's English dub.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Speaking of voice acting, I just started ZX Advent and from hearing the voices, they decided to go with the voice cast they used in X7. God, that was a stupid idea. -_-

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Speaking of voice acting, I just started ZX Advent and from hearing the voices, they decided to go with the voice cast they used in X7. God, that was a stupid idea. -_-
I thought i was the only person who hated the ZXA dub, good to know i'm not.

Also what was the kind of crappy mic they used to record? Is bad enough that the voice acting is that bad, but sound quality of it doesn't help.

Edit:

I freaking love this line.

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I thought i was the only person who hated the ZXA dub, good to know i'm not.

Also what was the kind of crappy mic they used to record? Is bad enough that the voice acting is that bad, but sound quality of it doesn't help.

Edit:

I freaking love this line.
Dude, it's the X7 voice cast. That already lowered my expectations. I just beat Vent by the way (I'm playing Ashe's story), and he was disappointing in terms of his boss fight. It was easy and I expected more from the protagonist I played in ZX, who I like more than Ashe. Ashe kinda... annoys me, at least her voice does.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Dude, it's the X7 voice cast. That already lowered my expectations. I just beat Vent by the way (I'm playing Ashe's story), and he was disappointing in terms of his boss fight. It was easy and I expected more from the protagonist I played in ZX, who I like more than Ashe. Ashe kinda... annoys me, at least her voice does.
Yeah, kinda rubs me the wrong way that the fight against the ZX protagonist is that easy :I

I don't dig Ashe that much either, not only her voice(OH GOD WHY), but personality also annoys me.

Random weaboo rant, in japanese they scream "rock on" to transform, wich is badass, but model A telling the protagonist to yell "MEGAMUUUUUUUUUHRGE"... i cringe just remembering that...

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Yeah, kinda rubs me the wrong way that the fight against the ZX protagonist is that easy :I

I don't dig Ashe that much either, not only her voice(OH GOD WHY), but personality also annoys me.

Random weaboo rant, in japanese they scream "rock on" to transform, wich is badass, but model A telling the protagonist to yell "MEGAMUUUUUUUUUHRGE"... i cringe just remembering that...
I don't hate Ashe, but I don't find her nearly as interesting as Vent, who also had a more interesting backstory.
Model A's voice is the voice I hate the most. Some of the delivery was just painful to listen to. Also, Model A is a weaker version of Model X, and is likely Axl just from the design and voice. I wish his X8 voice was used; that was a good voice for Axl.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
I don't hate Ashe, but I don't find her nearly as interesting as Vent, who also had a more interesting backstory.
Model A's voice is the voice I hate the most. Some of the delivery was just painful to listen to. Also, Model A is a weaker version of Model X, and is likely Axl just from the design and voice. I wish his X8 voice was used; that was a good voice for Axl.
Yeah, X8 is essentially "take everything wrong about X7 and fix it", and that includes the voice acting.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
X should definently have an older sounding voice if Mega Man sounded like that. But even still, They may try to give him a cocky persona which may or may not come off as an even more annoying Sanic. :U

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
X should definently have an older sounding voice if Mega Man sounded like that. But even still, They may try to give him a cocky persona which may or may not come off as an even more annoying Sanic. :U
I'll be honest with you, i've never been into that sonic vs mario thing, and while fighting him in smash is annoying, i never really hated Sonic.

EXCEPT, when he opens his mouth, sweet cyborg jesus i cannot stand his "oh yeah" attitude, and the dialogue in most of his games doesn't help.

Top Bottom