• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I will say I've never knew anything about Mega Man before I saw the anime series centered on the Battle Network series a couple of years back, which was the only connection I ever had with the Mega Man series.

And as for the answer to that question, I never met anyone who doubted him or the series.

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I've known about Mega Man for a long time, though I've never played many of his games until my later years when I had the innate desire to start collecting his games. Up to this day I consider him to be one of the all-stars of gaming, not quite on the level of the likes of Mario, but he's up there. Well, at least I think he is.

I can't say I've come across anyone who doubts his status as a gaming icon.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
The only "doubters" I imagine are the conspiracy theorists who think Capcom is trying to kill Megaman.
Well, his future is uncertain, that's for sure. As for killing Mega Man, I doubt Capcom would let the series end this easily, but what do I know?

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Well, I know that Bari is gonna keep getting overshadowed by his flagship cousins...
Maybe, but I still think he's a really cool monster(pun not intended). Not quite Zinogre-level, but he's up there. Out of the 2 games I've played(3U and 4U), the 3rd generation was the debut of some of my favorite monsters(Zinogre, Barioth, Lagi and others)in the series.

Do people not like Bari a lot?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Maybe, but I still think he's a really cool monster(pun not intended). Not quite Zinogre-level, but he's up there. Out of the 2 games I've played(3U and 4U), the 3rd generation was the debut of some of my favorite monsters(Zinogre, Barioth, Lagi and others)in the series.

Do people not like Bari a lot?
It's just that Tigrex and Nargacuga kinda have superstar status over him, being flagships and all. Plus, I might be remembering things wrong, but I feel like they took a huge chunk of his moveset out moving from Tri to 3U just so that Narga could use them.
AND Tigrex is also known for being an arctic wyvern. Still, he is the first pseudowyvern for many and certainly made a good impression of what you can expect from that class (except maybe the flying).

Was certainly surprised when Lagiacrus was revealed for Monster Hunter X despite there being no water combat. I wonder how they're going to spice him up (as well as former ground niche Ivory). He already seems to have satellite electric balls O_O.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
So.... did today's Direct bring any characters you guys will be playing? As someone anticipated for Fire Emblem Fates, I for one am totally gonna be co-maining Corrin with Mega Man. Even though we're getting yet another FE character, he looks so much fun and that he's gonna be totally different from the other sword characters with a projectile, his sideb option selects, weird Bair, and other things (I can see a little bit of ZSS inside him..). Looks like he's gonna be a really potent character, and I simply cannot wait till he releases so I can lab with him. Bayonetta doesn't really interest me that much since I'm not too familiar with her, and I was a bit disappointed with Cloud today when I bought him. I may play him just for fun on occasions, but not worth practicing imo. My :4megaman::4greninja::4corrin: trio is gonna be pretty dope, February can't come sooner!

Also, earlier today when playing Mega Man 3 I watched a no damage video of how to beat Gemini Man and surprisingly it helped. Before, I found him practically impossible to beat without using Search Snake, but after leaning how to exploit his AI it wasn't so bad, and I feel more confident in the next time I'll be fighting him. Overall, now the only Robot Masters in this game that really challenge me are Needle and Shadow Man (the latter I'm closer to figuring out), and the other 6 are pretty pathetic and easy to beat. MM3 is probably still the hardest in the classic series though, in my experience at least.

MettatonCorner

Smash Rookie
So.... did today's Direct bring any characters you guys will be playing? As someone anticipated for Fire Emblem Fates, I for one am totally gonna be co-maining Corrin with Mega Man. Even though we're getting yet another FE character, he looks so much fun and that he's gonna be totally different from the other sword characters with a projectile, his sideb option selects, weird Bair, and other things (I can see a little bit of ZSS inside him..). Looks like he's gonna be a really potent character, and I simply cannot wait till he releases so I can lab with him. Bayonetta doesn't really interest me that much since I'm not too familiar with her, and I was a bit disappointed with Cloud today when I bought him. I may play him just for fun on occasions, but not worth practicing imo. My :4megaman::4greninja::4corrin: trio is gonna be pretty dope, February can't come sooner!

Also, earlier today when playing Mega Man 3 I watched a no damage video of how to beat Gemini Man and surprisingly it helped. Before, I found him practically impossible to beat without using Search Snake, but after leaning how to exploit his AI it wasn't so bad, and I feel more confident in the next time I'll be fighting him. Overall, now the only Robot Masters in this game that really challenge me are Needle and Shadow Man (the latter I'm closer to figuring out), and the other 6 are pretty pathetic and easy to beat. MM3 is probably still the hardest in the classic series though, in my experience at least.
Not really. I mean, I give every character a chance, but none of them really caught my attention.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

As someone who's gonna get Fire Emblem Fates when it comes out, I definitely have my eyes set on Corrin as one of my possible mains. While I won't be maining Bayonetta, she will be one of those characters I'll be using whenever I feel like using her.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103

With Gemini Man, I find it easier to jump over him twice before attacking. There won't be any gunfire when you do this. Basically, jump the first time, jump again and shoot when you land.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Well, Corrin seems a bit interesting, but i don't know. I will play him for fun, but i'm only playing him in real matches if he is very good. Already have Mega to worry about some bad MUs, wont have time to deal with a character that shares those MUs with him.
Cloud worries me a bit with his Limit Breaker crap, and Bayonetta seems like the demonic spawn of these two :4sheik: :4zss:, but alas, it is way too early for that.
I will say this, however, regarding the patch:
Last patch.jpg

I know that at the very least, we escaped mercifully unmolested by the nerf hammer, but we still didn't got one single significant buff, and the top dogs had no changes as well :I

Last edited:

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
The question is how we do that.
I mean, Sheik got away unscathed again, and while some characters got some nice buffs(Link, Bowser, Mewtwo, Ganon(?)), others, like Mega, Samus and Zelda still get no love from the buff hammer.

By this point i think we should just accept it and pray with all our might that at the very least, Mega doesn't gets any nerfs in the next patch(wich might be the last), especially after the shield stun patch hit us.

Greward

Smash Lord
like Mega, Samus and Zelda still get no love from the buff hammer.
dude Mega is way better than Samus or Zelda, don't compare them lol.
Mega is a solid mid/high tier, he's not getting buffs or nerfs. I doubt they will change him at all from now on. They should be ok with his current power level.

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I always saw Megs as one of the most balanced characters. Sure, he's not efficient in close quarters and his frame data is alright, but you can't deny that he has fantastic zoning potential and was given some good stats overall. I'd say he's high mid tier at the moment, which is a good place to be IMO.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
I think he is mid, bottom mid at worst.
And im not comparing him to samus and zelda in terms of strenght, just that The 3 didnt get many significant buffs.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
I'll have to see if I can get a complete set of those. I have the first crossover but not the second. I want it all!

jigglesthepuff

Smash Apprentice
A little off topic, but what do you think are some underrated songs in the Megaman franchise? Dive Man's theme from MM4 is really good, but nobody ever talks about it.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
A little off topic, but what do you think are some underrated songs in the Megaman franchise? Dive Man's theme from MM4 is really good, but nobody ever talks about it.
Basically, any song from Game Boy MM2 and MM5. I get the hate for MM2 (but high pitched as it is, it has some GREAT songs).

Megaman 5 (NES) has some really nice songs as well. Dark Man's fortress themes are spectacular! And the intro theme is underrated as hell.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't usually do this but I'm just gonna leave this here. It's my first Cloud matchup playing as Mega Man.

Apparently, he fought a bit better compared to our first match, which I beat him using Rosalina but only because he has made some ****ty mistakes there. I was struggling quite a bit on that matchup.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Someone remade MMII's soundtrack to be a lot less high pitched. It sounds really good:
https://youtu.be/STmUaIEClmY

Someone also made up songs for the Mega Man DOS robots. That game had no soundtrack:
https://youtu.be/VKkLmE8C-Rw
That's pretty dang awesome.

I don't usually do this but I'm just gonna leave this here. It's my first Cloud matchup playing as Mega Man.

Apparently, he fought a bit better compared to our first match, which I beat him using Rosalina but only because he has made some ****ty mistakes there. I was struggling quite a bit on that matchup.

He did some ****ty mistakes in this match as well, wasting his finishing touch when you were nowhere near him.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
That's pretty dang awesome.

He did some ****ty mistakes in this match as well, wasting his finishing touch when you were nowhere near him.
He did the same in our previous match. He missed by about an inch using that move and I was at a high percentage too. It was a real head scratcher right there I figured he should've known better.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
He did the same in our previous match. He missed by about an inch using that move and I was at a high percentage too. It was a real head scratcher right there I figured he should've known better.
Sometimes on FG i get people like that, who seem to know what they are doing for the most part, but still do stuff that a cpu wouldn't.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
I can be one of them sometimes...
If we are being honest, we all can :(

I've made a montage of all my funny clips that i managed to save before the Cloud patch murdered my replays, and watching it again, like 60% of it is me getting hit by ridiculous stuff or running into charged smash attacks XD.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
If we are being honest, we all can :(

I've made a montage of all my funny clips that i managed to save before the Cloud patch murdered my replays, and watching it again, like 60% of it is me getting hit by ridiculous stuff or running into charged smash attacks XD.
lol

That sounds like something I always do myself. Worst part is having used up your second jump without noticing until you go off recovery range and end up dying.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Worst part is having used up your second jump without noticing until you go off recovery range and end up dying.
Worse than that,when i think i lost DJ, use my up B, then as i miss the ledge and die, i realize i still had it.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Tino Tino Don't take it the wrong way. I mean, when it happens to yourself, you feel like an idiot. When it happens to someone else, it's suddenly funny. I've had it happen to me before, much like every other player.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Tino Tino Don't take it the wrong way. I mean, when it happens to yourself, you feel like an idiot. When it happens to someone else, it's suddenly funny. I've had it happen to me before, much like every other player.
Nah, it's all good. We all had our best and worst moments online I suppose.

Top Bottom