• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Golden Mega Man is dope. Still on the edge though. If they had announced that each game was getting a 3D overhaul like the 3D Classics series, it'd be a must buy IMO.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
So how is everyone around the globe reacting to Cloud in smash?

I was expecting everyone i know to be screaming their lungs off, but its either "eh, Cloud in smash" or "are you serious? Cloud in smash? ¬¬".
I did not expected him nor any other Final Fantasy character to appear in Smash but man, he looks great. That stage that will come with him even looks breathtaking.

I'm definitely gonna pick him up but that doesn't mean I will replace Rosalina nor Mega Man as my mains.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Tino Tino I hope you enjoy the Legacy Collection when it comes out. Playing the first 6 games is a good way to be introduced. :)
Sorichuudo Sorichuudo For me, Cloud's announcement left me with one thought: "Sakurai wasn't kidding when he said Smash 4 might be the last game. He wants to get the heavily requested characters out of the way, with reason of course."
Instead of complaining about how it's "another sword fighter," I'm just glad we're getting more content. :)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Tino Tino I hope you enjoy the Legacy Collection when it comes out. Playing the first 6 games is a good way to be introduced. :)
Sorichuudo Sorichuudo For me, Cloud's announcement left me with one thought: "Sakurai wasn't kidding when he said Smash 4 might be the last game. He wants to get the heavily requested characters out of the way, with reason of course."
Instead of complaining about how it's "another sword fighter," I'm just glad we're getting more content. :)
Thanks. I'm looking forward to getting it on February. :)

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Mega-Spider Mega-Spider I really don't care about Cloud cause i never completed FF7, and i'm not really "Megaman levels of hype" at his reveal, but i sure like the fact that he is in, imma buy him as soon as possible.

I don't think "Ugh, not A CHARGE SHOT another swordsman" or "ugh, not a FF character", i'm surprised that there are people who even think that.

Keep the newcomers coming, heck i might actually start to care about him by playing him in smash. I just expected people to be more excited about him.

EDIT: Essentially, i expected the whole world to be Kotaku right now
http://kotaku.com/jesus-****ing-chr..._source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Mega-Spider Mega-Spider I really don't care about Cloud cause i never completed FF7, and i'm not really "Megaman levels of hype" at his reveal, but i sure like the fact that he is in, imma buy him as soon as possible.

I don't think "Ugh, not A CHARGE SHOT another swordsman" or "ugh, not a FF character", i'm surprised that there are people who even think that.

Keep the newcomers coming, heck i might actually start to care about him by playing him in smash. I just expected people to be more excited about him.
NOTHING will ever be close to the Mega Man hype for me. It's the only time I ran around my house with my arms flailing in the air going "OH MY GOD X over 9,000." It was insane. :D

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
NOTHING will ever be close to the Mega Man hype for me. It's the only time I ran around my house with my arms flailing in the air going "OH MY GOD X over 9,000." It was insane. :D
I've been playing video games for over 16 years, and nothing gaming related in that time made me as excited as Mega Man's reveal. I'm normally a pretty calm person, but I absolutely lost it when he was revealed.

I pre-ordered the Legacy Collection special edition, but I still find it laughable that a compilation of 6 games I've played to death was the only thing I saw today that I liked.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
I must have watched Megaman trailer a million times with the dumbest smile a man can have in his face :)

Speaking honestly, i'd rather have an amiibo of Mega without his helmet instead of the Gold one. Still pretty cool tho.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I must have watched Megaman trailer a million times with the dumbest smile a man can have in his face :)

Speaking honestly, i'd rather have an amiibo of Mega without his helmet instead of the Gold one. Still pretty cool tho.
I was kind of hoping that they were talking about Proto Man when they talked about a second Mega Man one. Proto is my favorite character in my favorite game series.

Speaking of Proto Man, enjoy this picture I took because I was bored featuring a classic moment of stupidity from the Mega Man cartoon:

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103

I don't know about anyone else, but I like that the Mega Man series is slowly being revived. In this unstable game market, I'd rather have a Mega Man game be made with dignity and not be dragged down by the worst of modern gaming trends. Yeah, it kinda blows that we only get a mini collection after 5 years, but seeing as how we got Mega Man in Smash Bros (a wet dream I had for 3 years at that point), a Mega Man amiibo that can be used in other Wii U games, and now a golden Mega Man amiibo, along with a TV series and an excellent comic series under his belt, I'm contempt with what we have right now. Besides, it's better than not having anything Mega Man related at all.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Yeah, a Protoman amiibo would be bad***.
Of course, it would be just a Megaman amiibo with a Protoman cover up but damn wouldn't it be awesome.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I've got the Kotobukiya Proto Man already (as well as way more Mega Man merch than anyone should realistically have...), so I'm not too upset about no Amiibo.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I've got the Kotobukiya Proto Man already (as well as way more Mega Man merch than anyone should realistically have...), so I'm not too upset about no Amiibo.
Do you have a Mega Man costume? Did you wear it for Halloween this year?
I'm not ashamed to that admit that I was Mega Man for Halloween. It was amazing.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
When it comes down to it, I think just rather spend my money on something else. Tron Bonne & the remaining Soundboxes will run me $300+ eventually.

A Golden Paint version of something I already have and port/copy of games I can already play on-the-go due to a 3rd Party NES is not something I want to waste money on, unless I feel it brings a new experience to the mix (aka 3D).

That said, I'd love to pick up a copy to give to my nephews to try and get them into the series.

Lufos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lufosf
3DS FC
0087-2359-1559
And of course, Europe gets screwed over again...
Oh well, at least we have Fast Racing NEO & Steamworld Heist to keep us waiting.

More importantly, DECEMBER WILL BE HYPE AS **** ! (yes, it will be that good. Thank you based Sakurai.)
What do you mean? We can't get that amiibo??????

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I was kind of hoping that they were talking about Proto Man when they talked about a second Mega Man one. Proto is my favorite character in my favorite game series.

Speaking of Proto Man, enjoy this picture I took because I was bored featuring a classic moment of stupidity from the Mega Man cartoon:
Mega Man, you patriotic doofus!

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172

OH NO!

As for the Legacy Collection. I already own the Anniversary Collection for the Gamecube and Mega Man 2-6 on my 3DS. I also own 2 and 3 as NES carts. I don't need more copies of those games.

The gold Amiibo? Eh. Looks too lazy to me. They just took the model they had and spray painted it gold.

Anyone see the Death Battle between Mega Man and Astro Boy?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbbhEgl95W4

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm thinking I'll pick up the Legacy collection on 3DS. I don't have all the NES games on me anyway. And the challenge modes could be fun. Or they could be frustrating. Though I'm sure it won't be too bad.

As far as Smash goes, I'm still not all that good. But I'm getting a little better with Mega Man.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It's a good thing I didn't get all of the NES Mega Man games on the eShop now that the Legacy Collection will be coming out. I don't care about the difficulty of the challenge mode, I'm still gonna enjoy it.

I'm not that good at Smash either, not even with Mega Man and Rosalina, both of which are my two most used characters and my mains. Haven't made much progress with them mainly because I don't play Smash online that much unless it's with friends.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Here's how I view myself:
I'm good, but not high level. Out of all my real life friends, I'm one of, if not the best Smash player in the group, and I can kick my friends' assess consistently, one of whom is a Shulk main and another who is a former sparring partner of mine, who's a Sonic main. I've had mixed but more successful experiences on For Glory (with over 600 matches, over 400 are wins and about 200 are losses), and my Mega Man and Kirby are notorious amongst my friends.
So, I'd like to think of myself as competent at the very least.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Well, i am competent when playing online or friendlies, but put me on a tourney and i lock down like an elder scroll game without patches.
Just had sort of a major here in Brazil, about 150(?) entrants. Passed the first match cause my opponent didn't showed up lmao, lost a match, won two, and lost another one to get eliminated. Only needed to win 2 more to make it to top 16 :(

Also i know this is the social thread but lol Sheik. I hate this creature more and more.

Dude goes :4tlink: the first match, i win, then he CPs :4sheik:. Cue me getting combo'd like a sandbag, losing a stock, then while getting combo'd again, i get hit while putting LS up while airborn, lose my jump and down the stage we go. Last game, same thing, only i take a stock as soon as i lose one, then with 110+ % on me while the opponent has 70 or something, i get a utilt. Literally ran up in front of his shield, waited a split second and SHORYUKEN. Second Sheik i defeat in a tourney on game 3 with a "bold/lucky utilt", really hate this MU.

Honestly, i'm thinking of picking up Mario or someonelse to deal with her, cause i don't like the idea of getting carried across the stage as Falcon, and as MM even if the Sheik is only slightly good, i can't do jack**** cause "forward aerial the movie the game".

Do you guys listen to music while playing in tournament? Cause i prefer to listen to the game's sound effects, but we usually don't have equipment with headphones for all setups(all tourneys use equipment we can get borrowed from players/TOs etc) so that is not an option. Both matches i won, i put up my headphones with music so i couldn't hear the crowd, i'm the type to get easily distracted, especially if there are people cheering for my opponent.

EDIT: Also got some bad*** keychains.

2015-11-22 20.49.47.jpg

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Same thing happened to me at the last tournament I attended. Felt like an entirely different game, it was somewhat depressing. Sheik is definitely our worst match up IMO.

I did have a couple matches where my opponent put on headphones to listen to their MP4 player. Was happy at least that they didn't ignore my existence and were still up for highfives/fistbumps.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Oh, i don't ignore my opponents, i take the headphones off when i win/lose, and fist bump before every match, is just that during the match, i get distracted, especially when they are cheering their friends on, i get conscious about people watching the match and end up screwing up.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Sheik is the top dog for this game, so saying she's our worst match up goes without saying, as much as it annoys me. I've never been to a tournament before, and I never tried tourney mode, so I have no tournament experience. As for listening to music, I do it sometimes, but not every time. I just need to be in the mood for other music.
Also, U-Tilt kills are always satisfying if you ask me. It's just how the opponent momentarily freezes before being knocked up that makes it awesome. It's my personal favorite move to kill with next to Hard Knuckle.

Last edited:

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Guys, Sheik IS hard to beat, but getting combo'ed is absolutely normal in that MU. We REALLY musn't get frustrated. even if FAir -> Bouncing Fish puts a lot of work early in the game, once you reach the 100% range, it won't work. Yes, grabs are still fearsome because of 50 - 50s, but she just won't kill without an insane mixup. Don't try Leaf shield too much, and just stay airborne. Flame Sword isn't fast, but it definitely covers a nice area, and NAir can actually stop Bouncing Fish if you can hit (@SSGuy did it once :p ).

tl.dr : Sheik combos hard, but don't lose your cool because of it and remember that you should keep your jump fresh.

Unclesatan

Smash Apprentice
So.. I was in Northwest Majors Dropzone this weekend and my registration got messed up a few times, so the first match in the tournament ended up being me against Zeros shiek. I got bodied super hard due to jitters, but later I played friendlies with him and managed to not only keep him off me but I also landed a dirty spike on him. He couldn't land a single one of his bread and butter kill setups, he had to get creative, which also made me happy. We only played a 2 out of 3 since the line was huge, but I felt like I was doing well at racking up damage and keeping him at bay. I also pushed 150+% on every stock

Overall it felt good to take a stock off of him with a Hard Knuckle - In the 15+ friendly sets I watched, I only saw two other people take a stock off of him and one was a really good ZSS, the other was a pretty good Rosa.

Sadly though I didn't place well, I played against a pretty good Falcon player right after I faced zero the first time, and my mind was still swimming, so I just played poorly. I do wish I could have played against Locke 06 Locke 06 more though. I played against you in a friendly right before I was supposed to play against zero so my mind was already racing, but I do feel like I could have played better. This was only my second official tournament, so the jitters were really getting to me.

Surprisingly what worked really well against his shiek was Rush Coiling after perfect shielding his fairs and catching him with uairs. fade-away fairs worked well enough when he was trying to pressure.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Guys, Sheik IS hard to beat, but getting combo'ed is absolutely normal in that MU. We REALLY musn't get frustrated. even if FAir -> Bouncing Fish puts a lot of work early in the game, once you reach the 100% range, it won't work. Yes, grabs are still fearsome because of 50 - 50s, but she just won't kill without an insane mixup. Don't try Leaf shield too much, and just stay airborne. Flame Sword isn't fast, but it definitely covers a nice area, and NAir can actually stop Bouncing Fish if you can hit (@SSGuy did it once :p ).

tl.dr : Sheik combos hard, but don't lose your cool because of it and remember that you should keep your jump fresh.
Yeah, the Up-Tilt/F-Air/Bouncing Fish stuff is kind of ridiculous (the latter I'm betting will be revamped hard next game lol), but it does seem like a match up that's learn-able.

BTW Is Locke going to restart the Match Up thread, or should I just start to pick out random weekly characters to talk about like the M2 board?

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
The thing is you really start playing against Sheik after she dealt 100% to you. That's like the first moment you got a chance of winning.

It's pretty difficult to deal with Sheik's mobility and overall shenanigans, you have to be creative and mix up every single option you have, so your opponent gets desperate and commits too far...

Or that would be if needles didn't exist.

Screw needles.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Mega-Spider Mega-Spider Tourney Mode really isn't going to give you an idea of what a tournament is like, i suggest you try the ladder. Tourney mode is "meh" all around IMO, single elimination, 3 minutes, and the way it handles the winner in a time out is just...
TL;DR avoid tourney mode.

Diamond Octobot Diamond Octobot Yeah, getting frustrated for being beaten up is a problem of mine, but even considering that, the frustrating partis that even after we are above the combo threshold, :4sheik: just beats out pretty much anything we have with her fair and then we have to worry about the 50/50 :I

Unclesatan Unclesatan Yeah, at UFSmash, i won my first match because my opponent didn't went to the tourney, but my second match was against one of hour best players in SP, as soon as i saw i would face him next, i knew i would be going to losers. I played a lot of friendlies with him over the last months, and just as always, i choke out hard. Seems like every time i face him, instead of playing keep away i kept trying to get in on him, managed to take a stock each match but still lost pretty fast. Still not as bad as you having to face ZeRo in the first match, seriously, talk about unlucky.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
BTW Is Locke going to restart the Match Up thread, or should I just start to pick out random weekly characters to talk about like the M2 board?
Go for it! :)

Unclesatan Unclesatan - I figured it was you. Not really a common tag ^_^. Glad we got a few friendlies that night after your nerves calmed down. Come out to Seattle more. :)

Unclesatan

Smash Apprentice
Locke 06 Locke 06
That's right we played quite a few that night! I'll definitely have to come out there more, I plan on coming to epg weeklies at least once or twice a month for sm4sh, so you'll be seeing me more!

Any suggestions for other weekly/monthly tourney spots I should check out?

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Locke 06 Locke 06
That's right we played quite a few that night! I'll definitely have to come out there more, I plan on coming to epg weeklies at least once or twice a month for sm4sh, so you'll be seeing me more!

Any suggestions for other weekly/monthly tourney spots I should check out?
Nwm battlegrounds is a monthly at high line (same place). It's not nearly as big for smash, but it's the biggest smash 4 event each month when it occurs. Join the pnw smash 4 Facebook for more updates. Glad to see more people from the peninsula.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I just finished Mega Man X3. Despite the stupid decision to make enemies nearly kill X in the beginning of the game, X3's not too bad. I'd say it's a decent game at best, but the beginning is awful. I see why some people are turned off by X3 and it's stupid enemy design. Taking more damage than usual feels artificially difficult compared to being naturally difficult with challenging level design, something X3 could have benefitted from. I played the SNES version of the game, and the soundtrack, as a whole, is superior to X2 as a whole IMO. Granted, the standout tracks of X3 don't stand out as much as X2's standout tracks, but I find myself listening to X3's soundtrack over X2's. Also, X3's Heart Tanks aren't as dickish as X2's (Overdrive Ostrich and Crystal Snail...).
Anyone else here played X3? What are your thoughts?

Poopybutthole

Smash Cadet
Hey if there's a Mega Man Skype group could you guys add it to me or do I have to message Yink for that? I'm not sure how active she is on Smashboards though.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I just finished Mega Man X3. Despite the stupid decision to make enemies nearly kill X in the beginning of the game, X3's not too bad. I'd say it's a decent game at best, but the beginning is awful. I see why some people are turned off by X3 and it's stupid enemy design. Taking more damage than usual feels artificially difficult compared to being naturally difficult with challenging level design, something X3 could have benefitted from. I played the SNES version of the game, and the soundtrack, as a whole, is superior to X2 as a whole IMO. Granted, the standout tracks of X3 don't stand out as much as X2's standout tracks, but I find myself listening to X3's soundtrack over X2's. Also, X3's Heart Tanks aren't as dickish as X2's (Overdrive Ostrich and Crystal Snail...).
Anyone else here played X3? What are your thoughts?
One of the first things I noticed about the game was the odd selection of special weapons. I don't know about anyone else, but they just felt extra weird compared to the other games(though I did enjoy using the Spinning Blade a lot). Many of them lacked the potency that one would expect them to have(even some of the charged variants).

As for the overall difficulty, it was a step up from X2 but nothing that was too much, even early on. Though taking on the two Doppler Reploids without any special weapons or healing support can be pretty rough. Well, not so much for Byte, whose attacks are pretty straightforward, but Bit in particular with his paralyzing/homing shots. And you have no idea what stages they show up in. Other than that, X3 isn't really hard once you get used to everything, even the "harder" parts of the game. Not to mention having all of the upgrades(Hyper Armor/Gold Chip/Z Saber)makes things very trivial.

I once thought X2 had a better soundtrack than X3 after my first playthrough of the two games, with me thinking X3 had the weakest soundtrack of the entire series(barring X8 which I haven't played yet). But after actually listening to X3's soundtrack I realized it was far better than I'd given it credit for. Now I consider X2 to have the weakest soundtrack of the series. While X2 has some stand-out tracks, I don't think they can match X3's.

While we're on the topic, have you listened to X3's PSX soundtrack? The MMX Collection has the PSX version of the game. I've eventually listened to both versions of the soundtrack and got the impression that more players prefer the SNES version as opposed to PSX. Now I don't know if that's true, but I prefer the PSX version. I think the more powerful hardware did wonders for the musical quality.

But all things said, I like X2 more than X3.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I actually liked X3 a lot. A lot of the levels were fun to revisit. Not to mention it had some cool stuff in it like the Vile stage and the Gold armor. Still, the amount of damage you take in that game is a little much. And Sigma is really annoying.

I still prefer X1, X2, and X4 over it. But I found X3 to be way better than most people were making it out to be.

Top Bottom