• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
...Am I the only one who likes Jewel Man & Galaxy Man's themes ?..
BTW, I must admit, I didn't make it through King's Castle yet (Why is the Jet so hard with Mega Man), but it has a pretty good theme, so I might just try again.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
BTW, I must admit, I didn't make it through King's Castle yet (Why is the Jet so hard with Mega Man), but it has a pretty good theme, so I might just try again.
No. They're both great songs.

And a trick for the King Jet as Mega Man is if he uses the fist attack and breaks your platforms, use the Lightning Bolt. Mega Man will stay suspended in the air as the screen pushes him along, and he'll avoid the broken platforms. Another thing is that if you're using the Mega Buster, equip the auto charger. It's a much easier fight if you focus entirely on jumping, and not worrying about charging.

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Well, I guess I'll take the Auto-Charger trick. I PROMISED myself that I would go through the game by beating all bosses only with the Mega Buster (using their weaknesses makes the game too easy :shades:)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I can say this at least, that if you want to go the physical copy route, the Rockman Soundboxes go for around ~$110 each on Amazon, which isn't bad considering what you're getting and the online digital price.

Sound Box 1: MM1-10 + MM8's Saturn exclusive songs + Complete Works Remixs + special Capcom remixes
Sound Box 2: MM:Wilys Revenge-V, MM&B (both SNES&GBA), Wily Wars, Powered Up!, Power Battles & Power Fighters, Rockboard, Soccer, Battle&Chase, + special Capcom remixes
MMX Sound Box: X1-X8, Xtreme 1&2, Command Mission, Maverick Hunter X,

For the past few weeks, I've been listening to a bunch of Mega Man music, and almost nothing but Mega Man (mostly the Classic series) music and remixes, especially when I'm drawing pictures. Besides that, all else I've been consistently listening to is TMNT Turtles in Time and I feel I've somehow become slightly addicted to it, even though I've only became a Mega Man fan for a short time ago.

Metal Man
Crash Man
Tomahawk Man
Pharaoh Man
Mr X's Castle (which I personally like better than Wily stage 1 in MM2)
Junk Man
Cut Man

Just to name a few, these songs in particular drug me somehow. Love these songs so much, that I forgot about most other gaming soundtracks I used to listen too.... help me :crying:. Don;t wanna keep doing it too much cause I'll eventually come to hate them..
I remember when I went through my Mega Man music phase...

Fun Fact: The original MM music video didn't have any gameplay to go along with it, and when they got some it was only stock footage from Capcom. Was going through a Movie Maker/Youtube phase my Senior year of High School, but long story short, Tommy Tallarico's a pretty cool guy and the MM franchise is pretty much tied with Pokemon in regards to shaping my adolescent life.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Here's a tip for the King Plane when playing as Mega Man: When you feel like you aren't going to make a jump, use the Lightning Bolt to keep you in mid air. It's not 100% guaranteed to work, but it helps quite a bit.
Also, I thought Galaxy Man's theme was a fan favorite for Mega Man 9. Jewel Man's theme is fine, but not my favorite of MM9.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
For one side i am really happy, and it makes me feel even more motivated to get better.

For the other, is a painfull reminder of how much i suck...
Hey, don't feel bad about yourself. You could always be a local player, like I plan to be if I get motivated enough and have enough free time in the future. I'm not hot stuff, but I'd like to think I'm competent.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Hey, don't feel bad about yourself. You could always be a local player, like I plan to be if I get motivated enough and have enough free time in the future. I'm not hot stuff, but I'd like to think I'm competent.
Its tough. There is a big event i'm going this month, but out of 4 tournaments i ever played, i always get eliminated early, only one of them i managed to win two matches, but still didn't made it out of pools.

Been to a lot of meetings for freeplay and practicing, i have about two weeks to get my **** together.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Hey guys, whats all of your favorite series in mega man?

I'm trying to find out which game to play to connect with the character more. I may start using him again :estatic:
Classic will help you connect with Rock the most, since he's the Mega Man in Smash Bros. Coincidentally, it's also my favorite MM series.

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
I agree with Xzsmmc Xzsmmc . The Classic series are the one that will let you get a better approach to Mega Man in general. The X, Zero & ZX ones aren't bad either (seriously, try 'em if you have enough time on your hands), but they introduce a crapton of new Game Mechanics (Look at dem walljumps) and the Buster isn't as relevant from MMX4 and onward (because of Zero in general).
If you try to get into the series, start by MM6. It actually is the most player-friendly in the classic series and will let you master the basics without punising you too hard. Afterwards, you might try MM7 or any other, but the ones before MM6 are a bit harder.

BTW, I managed to get to a weekly Monday. It was awesome, but it ended around midnight...
I think I got bopped out of Losers in the Semi-Finals if memory serves right. I lost in Winners R2 to a :4ness: (gotta work on that) and I was beaten in Losers SF by a :4shulk:.
I guess these are 2 MUs I need to get a lil' bit better.

Edit : So, I took the time to try and see if Hyper Bomb was absorbable by PSI Magnet. It seems that the bomb itself is a Physical projectile, while its explosion can be absorbed and heals 13%.
And Fun Fact : around mid-Ice Slasher range, we can shield it or dodge it if Ness reflects it XD

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
My favorite Mega Man series is the Classic series. I've spent so many hours and playthroughs dedicated to each game it's not even funny. There are a couple I still need to play like the Arcade games and Battle and Chase, but beyond that, I have the Classic series locked into my head.
I also got a lot of enjoyment from the Battle Network series. Barring the 4th entry aside, the Battle Networks games are really fun. Some may not be able to get into them, but I love the battle system, the music is damn good for a GBA series, and if you can get someone to battle against you, it can be all kinds of fun. It might be difficult for some to get into, so I'd proceed Battle Network with caution if you don't know about it.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
I will probably lose any "credit" i have as i reveal this but... my favourite Megaman series....
is Starforce.

I only played it after i played pretty much the whole Classic, X, Battle Network and Zero series, but i liked Starforce a whole lot.
Is not like i prefer it over the others, cause honestly, being different styles of game, i can't really compare them. I loved Starforce for its gameplay, despite its small downgrades(hello no more advance programs, who thought this was a good idea?), and for the story, cause it was quite entertaining and i enjoyed the little character development there was there(i wanted to kill Geo for most of the first game, but by the end he changed a lot).

I'm saying this more as "i have a lot of memories about playing this series and enjoying its story" rather than "i prefer this series over the others".
I say play the classic series if you want to connect more with Mega in Smash, but play every series if you have the chance. I understand that BN and SF are not everyone's cup of tea, but you might still get something you like. As for the other series, you can't go wrong really(except for X7, that game... is not great).

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I will probably lose any "credit" i have as i reveal this but... my favourite Megaman series....
is Starforce.

I only played it after i played pretty much the whole Classic, X, Battle Network and Zero series, but i liked Starforce a whole lot.
Is not like i prefer it over the others, cause honestly, being different styles of game, i can't really compare them. I loved Starforce for its gameplay, despite its small downgrades(hello no more advance programs, who thought this was a good idea?), and for the story, cause it was quite entertaining and i enjoyed the little character development there was there(i wanted to kill Geo for most of the first game, but by the end he changed a lot).

I'm saying this more as "i have a lot of memories about playing this series and enjoying its story" rather than "i prefer this series over the others".
I say play the classic series if you want to connect more with Mega in Smash, but play every series if you have the chance. I understand that BN and SF are not everyone's cup of tea, but you might still get something you like. As for the other series, you can't go wrong really(except for X7, that game... is not great).
Geo is X if X had character development. I liked Star Force too (SF2 not so much), and it had a better story than Battle Network. I didn't like the downgraded battle system, but it didn't ruin the series, and SF3 was a good finale. Characters however... was I the only one who wanted to kill Luna? ****ing hate that *****.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Geo is X if X had character development. I liked Star Force too (SF2 not so much), and it had a better story than Battle Network. I didn't like the downgraded battle system, but it didn't ruin the series, and SF3 was a good finale. Characters however... was I the only one who wanted to kill Luna? ****ing hate that *****.
Yeah, SF2 was kind of "meh-ish", but SF3 kicked all kinds of ***.

Well... i like Luna XD please don't shoot me.
I hated her in the beggining of the first game, by the end she was alright, and from the second game on, i liked her a lot.
She was bossy, but i guess i've already seen the tsundere archetype so much that i'm more forgiving than most.
I don't think there was any character i "hated"... at least i can't think of any at the back of my head.
I did hated that Bud was given the classic "i'm a fat kid so i eat all the time and all i think and talk about its food". Capcom pls...

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Yeah, SF2 was kind of "meh-ish", but SF3 kicked all kinds of ***.

Well... i like Luna XD please don't shoot me.
I hated her in the beggining of the first game, by the end she was alright, and from the second game on, i liked her a lot.
She was bossy, but i guess i've already seen the tsundere archetype so much that i'm more forgiving than most.
I don't think there was any character i "hated"... at least i can't think of any at the back of my head.
I did hated that Bud was given the classic "i'm a fat kid so i eat all the time and all i think and talk about its food". Capcom pls...
Bud irritated me too. I really hate the fat stereotype because it has only one joke and that joke is run into the ground.
My issue with Luna is that she was a complete *****, especially in Star Force 2 (a factor that played into my distaste for that game).

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Personally, I found MMSF3 pretty good (the Noise System was awesome), but my favorite part of the game is... the barbecue.
No spoilers given, but you have to make a choice at some point and while it doesn't impact the Plot, it still gives a fun cutscene XD

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
You either get a funny scene and a cute one, or a HILARIOUS one.

My biggest issue with SF2, if i mayquote a youtuber by the name of Razorfist:

"The only thing higher than this game's encounter rate, is the designer who programmed it".

Seriously, at the post game you CANNOT take TWO STEPS without getting into a fight _ _".

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I gotta get into the SF series at some point after marathon-ing the last of the Battle Network series earlier this year. I pretty much have every mainstream title in the franchise except that series. SF1-3, Tron Bonne, Rockboard, and Soccer are the only games I have left to get.

Anyone have any last thoughts before the Astro Boy Death Battle is posted to Youtube?

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
You either get a funny scene and a cute one, or a HILARIOUS one.

My biggest issue with SF2, if i mayquote a youtuber by the name of Razorfist:

"The only thing higher than this game's encounter rate, is the designer who programmed it".

Seriously, at the post game you CANNOT take TWO STEPS without getting into a fight _ _".
I hate that in any RPG. I just want to take some time to heal or find a new place to save, but then the encounter rate decides to give me a battle and I could potentially die. It's annoying.
--- --- Seeing as how my favorite character of all time, Spider-Man won against the overrated Batman, if Megs doesn't win this Death Battle (and judging how people have been saying that Astro Boy is the robotic equivalent to Superman making it hard either way), I won't get mad over it. Would I like Megs to win? Of course, but if the fight is awesome, that's all I really care about. Megs winning is the bonus.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
--- --- Seeing as how my favorite character of all time, Spider-Man won against the overrated Batman, if Megs doesn't win this Death Battle (and judging how people have been saying that Astro Boy is the robotic equivalent to Superman making it hard either way), I won't get mad over it. Would I like Megs to win? Of course, but if the fight is awesome, that's all I really care about. Megs winning is the bonus.
That's pretty much how I feel about this match up. I'd honestly love to get into the Astro Boy series.

However, I do hope they at least pull out all the stops with Mega Man. IDK Wily/Eggman was funny, but I thought it was a bit too downplayed in terms of the potential each army had.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
2003 anime is the way to go. It's probably the best way to experience him if you don't want to spend a bundle on one of his huge anthology mangas. @Fuzzy Pickles! is the guy to talk to if you want to know more about Astro.
I always thought the 2003 anime was bad? IDK That said, at least the complete series is around $15. Though I'd think it be a lot more fun to watch the black/white 60s series. Astro Boy seems like old school masterpieces that few have watched and enjoyed like Cyborg 009 or Urusei Yatsura.

Fuzzy Pickles will always be SSBF to me. :p

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Rock is totally screwed. Astro is ludicrously powerful.

Then again, Death Battle has been wrong numerous times.
Then again it also depends on what Robot Master weapons he's allowed to bring (if any, though he is probably screwed without them). I read an unofficial text-based Death Battle between the two once, and it doesn't really matter how strong or fast Astro is if Rock can stop time :awesome:.

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Cloud from FF7 in Sm4sh. Who would have seen that coming.

I can already feel that his stage will be Banned...
#Freemysummons

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I know I'm going to get a lot of hate for this... but that gold Mega Man amiibo... I must HAVE IT!!! HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
I know I'm going to get a lot of hate for this... but that gold Mega Man amiibo... I must HAVE IT!!! HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
And of course, Europe gets screwed over again...
Oh well, at least we have Fast Racing NEO & Steamworld Heist to keep us waiting.

More importantly, DECEMBER WILL BE HYPE AS **** ! (yes, it will be that good. Thank you based Sakurai.)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
That Gold Mega Man amiibo looks dope if I do say so myself. I gotta get me one of those...so long as scalpers doesn't get their disease stricken hands on one.

Oh and I'm definitely getting the Mega Man Legacy Collection as well.

Last edited:

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
So how is everyone around the globe reacting to Cloud in smash?

I was expecting everyone i know to be screaming their lungs off, but its either "eh, Cloud in smash" or "are you serious? Cloud in smash? ¬¬".

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
So how is everyone around the globe reacting to Cloud in smash?

I was expecting everyone i know to be screaming their lungs off, but its either "eh, Cloud in smash" or "are you serious? Cloud in smash? ¬¬".
I'm annoyed it's not Black Mage. He's the best character for overall representing SE. If it had to be a specific character, I wanted Terra or Cecil. Not to mention it's another anime sword guy.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
I'm annoyed it's not Black Mage. He's the best character for overall representing SE. If it had to be a specific character, I wanted Terra or Cecil. Not to mention it's another anime sword guy.
Could be worse.... at least is not Lighthing.

Top Bottom