• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I actually liked X3 a lot. A lot of the levels were fun to revisit. Not to mention it had some cool stuff in it like the Vile stage and the Gold armor. Still, the amount of damage you take in that game is a little much. And Sigma is really annoying.

I still prefer X1, X2, and X4 over it. But I found X3 to be way better than most people were making it out to be.
The beginning is what turns people away from X3, especially if you've played the first two X games. I feel like the developers should have decided to go for more challenging level design rather than make the enemies hit harder, but that's just me. I hate Kaiser Sigma myself, but I actually hate his first form more (which I call "Captain America Sigma"). His fireballs, despite being pattern based, seem random a lot of the time, and are annoying to dodge.

One of the first things I noticed about the game was the odd selection of special weapons. I don't know about anyone else, but they just felt extra weird compared to the other games(though I did enjoy using the Spinning Blade a lot). Many of them lacked the potency that one would expect them to have(even some of the charged variants).

As for the overall difficulty, it was a step up from X2 but nothing that was too much, even early on. Though taking on the two Doppler Reploids without any special weapons or healing support can be pretty rough. Well, not so much for Byte, whose attacks are pretty straightforward, but Bit in particular with his paralyzing/homing shots. And you have no idea what stages they show up in. Other than that, X3 isn't really hard once you get used to everything, even the "harder" parts of the game. Not to mention having all of the upgrades(Hyper Armor/Gold Chip/Z Saber)makes things very trivial.

I once thought X2 had a better soundtrack than X3 after my first playthrough of the two games, with me thinking X3 had the weakest soundtrack of the entire series(barring X8 which I haven't played yet). But after actually listening to X3's soundtrack I realized it was far better than I'd given it credit for. Now I consider X2 to have the weakest soundtrack of the series. While X2 has some stand-out tracks, I don't think they can match X3's.

While we're on the topic, have you listened to X3's PSX soundtrack? The MMX Collection has the PSX version of the game. I've eventually listened to both versions of the soundtrack and got the impression that more players prefer the SNES version as opposed to PSX. Now I don't know if that's true, but I prefer the PSX version. I think the more powerful hardware did wonders for the musical quality.

But all things said, I like X2 more than X3.
I like X2 more than X3 too, but X3 improved some things from X2, especially the Heart Tank placement. While X2's and X3's soundtracks have music pieces going for them, they can't beat the first X game IMO, especially in instrument quality. I don't know why the quality of the instruments dropped, which was incredibly jarring when I played X2 for the first time. As for the PSX version, I've only went out of my way to listen to Crush Crawfish's theme. I like it, but there are times where the quality goes from too quiet to normal volume. I'm not sure if that was the YouTube video I was watching it on, or it really is that way.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
The beginning is what turns people away from X3, especially if you've played the first two X games. I feel like the developers should have decided to go for more challenging level design rather than make the enemies hit harder, but that's just me. I hate Kaiser Sigma myself, but I actually hate his first form more (which I call "Captain America Sigma"). His fireballs, despite being pattern based, seem random a lot of the time, and are annoying to dodge.
Having double dashes active really makes Kaiser Sigma a non-issue.

I like X2 more than X3 too, but X3 improved some things from X2, especially the Heart Tank placement. While X2's and X3's soundtracks have music pieces going for them, they can't beat the first X game IMO, especially in instrument quality. I don't know why the quality of the instruments dropped, which was incredibly jarring when I played X2 for the first time. As for the PSX version, I've only went out of my way to listen to Crush Crawfish's theme. I like it, but there are times where the quality goes from too quiet to normal volume. I'm not sure if that was the YouTube video I was watching it on, or it really is that way.
Some of the Heart Tanks were put in places that required you to do something different to get them(like using the Ride Armor dash punch to get a high-speed air boost then jumping out of the Armor last second to get the one in the Energen Crystal stage). Otherwise, you just needed some Giga Armor parts and the appropriate special weapon, which was usually the Speed Burner. Though it took me a while to figure out that X could jump super high underwater with the Bubble Splash charge to get the goods in that particular stage.

And I agree that X1 had an overall better soundtrack than the other two games. I could be wrong on this, but I think X2 had a different composer. Crush Crawfish's stage is.....ok I guess, but it just cant compare to some of the other stage music, like Toxic Seahorse:

or Gravity Beetle:

These two in particular are some of the game's stand-out tracks IMO.

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
I have always considered Kaiser Sigma to be a little overrated. He can easily dish out your hp, that's true, but the pattern of the darn thing it's so obvious after a while.

Come to think of it, most Sigma battles are pretty easy. In fact, most of the infamous boss fights from the X series comes from the bosses before Sigma himself.

-Shadow Devil
-Nightmare Mother
-Gate

Special exceptions being X4 which it definitely is annoying. And X, which is probably more than annoying than what it should thanks to Rolling Shield shenanigans.

Speaking of bosses, it's rather odd that most of my favorite boss fights come from X8? Vile, True Sigma, both Lumine fights (I SPECIALLY love those two). The game just has those bosses that I really enjoy a whole lot.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I have always considered Kaiser Sigma to be a little overrated. He can easily dish out your hp, that's true, but the pattern of the darn thing it's so obvious after a while.

Come to think of it, most Sigma battles are pretty easy. In fact, most of the infamous boss fights from the X series comes from the bosses before Sigma himself.

-Shadow Devil
-Nightmare Mother
-Gate

Special exceptions being X4 which it definitely is annoying. And X, which is probably more than annoying than what it should thanks to Rolling Shield shenanigans.

Speaking of bosses, it's rather odd that most of my favorite boss fights come from X8? Vile, True Sigma, both Lumine fights (I SPECIALLY love those two). The game just has those bosses that I really enjoy a whole lot.
I'm so glad the PS4's getting a PS2 emulator in a future update. I've always wanted to play X8.
I've never played X6, but I've heard that the Nightmare Mother and Gate are irritating. Hell, I've seen them in action.
Kaiser Sigma does have an easy pattern and having the Hyper Chip makes the fight so much easier. I actually like Sigma's X4 fight.... except for when he sucks me in his mouth. Beyond that, I'm partial to Grim Reaper Sigma and his final forms.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869

-Shadow Devil
-Nightmare Mother
-Gate
Shadow Devil was kinda difficult at first, but after that he's not so bad, at least with X. Zero has a harder time. It's just when his patterns start getting randomized and/or the double split attack that can be troublesome.

Nightmare Mother leaves little room for error, which is why I prefer using Zero to output as much damage as possible before things start getting crazy.

Because of his sword moves, Zero is your best bet against Gate. He can effectively bust those Nightmare orbs and quickly get out of the way to minimize damage taken.

Special exceptions being X4 which it definitely is annoying.
Hmm, I consider X4 Sigma one of the easiest in the series.

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Well, I don't remember much about the PSX games (except that... I had trouble with General as Zero. yes, I'm that bad. The Shadow Armor is awesome, but cannot cross the pit in Gate's Stage, and I don't remember a damn thing about X5), but they weren't bad... I still find them inferior to the SNES ones when it comes to the stages & bosses... I wonder if it is normal.

But ! How can people not like Tunnel Rhino's theme ? I mean, that thing is just too cool XD
The weirdest thing about X3's weapons is their 2nd ability. Most of them are active as soon as you are done charging (Blast Hornet & Tunenl Rhino come to mind), which can be a little annoying... but the Double Buster makes up for it. The one complain I have is that Zero was playable only twice. I mean, it was big for the time, but I would have liked to play Zero more than once after the prologue. He should be more than a sacrifice for the Golden Armor.

BTW, Model X is really OP in MMZX. Really.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Well, I don't remember much about the PSX games (except that... I had trouble with General as Zero. yes, I'm that bad. The Shadow Armor is awesome, but cannot cross the pit in Gate's Stage, and I don't remember a damn thing about X5), but they weren't bad... I still find them inferior to the SNES ones when it comes to the stages & bosses... I wonder if it is normal.

But ! How can people not like Tunnel Rhino's theme ? I mean, that thing is just too cool XD
The weirdest thing about X3's weapons is their 2nd ability. Most of them are active as soon as you are done charging (Blast Hornet & Tunenl Rhino come to mind), which can be a little annoying... but the Double Buster makes up for it. The one complain I have is that Zero was playable only twice. I mean, it was big for the time, but I would have liked to play Zero more than once after the prologue. He should be more than a sacrifice for the Golden Armor.

BTW, Model X is really OP in MMZX. Really.
You can summon Zero in any stage from the pause menu.

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
I wouldn't say OP, just effective. Though it does make beating Omega much easier than with Model ZX, but has nowhere near the output nor the versatility of ZX.
Well, Model X's Full Charge Buster deals WAAAY more damage than Model ZX's.
And since nothing is immune to it...

And you can call Zero only once in MMX3. That's what I meant XD

Last edited:

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
I remember trying to beat Gate with vanilla X the second time that I fought him.

Probably the main reason why I find X6 to be so frustrating

Also,X4's Sigma is annoying, not really hard, the mouth sucking attack is pretty annoying when you don't know what to do.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Well, Model X's Full Charge Buster deals WAAAY more damage than Model ZX's.
And since nothing is immune to it...

And you can call Zero only once in MMX3. That's what I meant XD
It's stronger, yes, but even when you smack a target with the ZX Buster charge, you aren't prevented from following up with ZX Saber combos. Charge Buster + Rolling Slash + Triple Slash = STUPID amounts of damage that makes Model X's Buster look like a joke. AND on top of all that, If you had chosen Ashe in ZXA you could use Vent's Rising Fang to get one more big hit and finish up the combo.

Model ZX OP.:troll:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Ashe > Grey IMO

The ZX series needs more love. It's funny how Capcom promotes the male character despite the two of them being in different timelines chronologically. How Archie MM #55 handles it next week is going to be very interesting.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Ashe > Grey IMO

The ZX series needs more love. It's funny how Capcom promotes the male character despite the two of them being in different timelines chronologically. How Archie MM #55 handles it next week is going to be very interesting.
They just left us hanging after that final scene in ZXA. I hope they continue the series sometime in the near future.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Would anyone here recommend picking up the MM Classic/X Official Complete Works book? I'm getting tempted to buy it using the 30% off deal Barnes & Noble has going on this weekend.

They just left us hanging after that final scene in ZXA. I hope they continue the series sometime in the near future.
Plot wise at least, the ZX series deserves a 3rd game more than the Legends series IMO.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Would anyone here recommend picking up the MM Classic/X Official Complete Works book? I'm getting tempted to buy it using the 30% off deal Barnes & Noble has going on this weekend.
I can't say I know anything about it, but if you think it'll be worthwhile, go for it.

Plot wise at least, the ZX series deserves a 3rd game more than the Legends series IMO.
I've never played the second Legends game so I don't know what happened to provoke the fans to want a third game.

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Well, since I am more of a MEGA BUSTER GUY, I guess I didn't see everything the Model ZX had to offer. And even worse : I don't know about the other Double Mega Merges' abilities ! I know that the Model PX can dash through fire and that the model OX is just broken, but that's about it...

Actually, the only non playable Mega Merges are the Model Z & the Model O, for some reason. Every other is playable at least once and they are actually strong enough to hold their own ground (thanks Model A), but really, the Model X is busted (NO PUNS)... He can merge with other Biometals and make them stronger, and he just has the mightiest Mega Buster (not counting the Model O / OX).

That said, who do you prefer between Ashe & Grey ? I actually prefer Grey because damn, he has these Axl vibes like crazy !
Capcom made two storylines, and the is no way for them to cross even once... (that wall of text)

P.S. : I thought about something... Most of us know that FTilt -> FTilt -> NAir works, but what about replacing NAir with Jab ? I tried it a bit and it feels harder to get, but requires much less risk and doesn't push your opponent too far, meaning that you won't have to worry about leaving them breathing room.

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
That said, who do you prefer between Ashe & Grey ? I actually prefer Grey because damn, he has these Axl vibes like crazy !
Capcom made two storylines, and the is no way for them to cross even once... (that wall of text)
I prefer Ashe. Her Laser Shots really click with me(I love me some Reflect Lasers), and her chain lightning Homing Shot is fun to use as well(I could be wrong on this but I think the chain lightning grows in strength as it travels). Plus, she gets Vent's Rising Fang attack, which I think is WAY more useful then Aile's Fission.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227

This is me trying to be funny.

Fighting a FG Jigglypuff always seem to end in a weird way.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

-Shadow Devil
-Nightmare Mother
-Gate

Nightmare Mother? Honestly, that fight isn't too bad for me. Even using the Shadow armor isn't too annoying for that fight. Though for an armor-less run, I can see the issues. Gate can be hit or miss. The Yammark Option makes it a little easier. Shadow Devil can be troublesome that's for sure.

Personally, I can't stand fighting HIGH-MAX. He takes forever to kill, even when you get the pattern down.

The big issue with Kaiser Sigma is his small hitbox and massive damage. So even when you know that pattern, one small mistake can set you back quite a bit.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
HIGHMAX battle is bearable thanks to its music, but yeah, it's a test on your patience.
:196:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Anyone else planning to get the Legacy Collection? I think I'm gonna get the 3DS version of it. I don't have all the classic Mega Man games on me now. I do wonder if those Amiibo challenges will be any good. I don't have any of them but maybe I'll get the Mega Man one some where down the line.

I do have the Mega Man X Collection on Gamecube though. It was a bit hard to find for a good price. Yet the PS2 version dirt cheap comparatively.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I was hoping to preorder the collector's edition that comes with the Gold Mega Man amiibo but unfortunately, they all sold out. It's a shame too cuz I really wanted that shiny gold diamond.

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
I already have Anniversary Collecion+ 9/10, so I'm passing out Legacy, although that Mega Man amiibo was tempting.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
I don't suppose the Gold Mega Man amiibo does anything unique, does it?
He has one unique feature, wich is being fabulous as ****.

Oh yeah, not even dreaming of getting the 3ds version with this amiibo, with the price of the dolar right now, i could probably buy a house with the money i'd have to spend. I will get the steam version... eventually.

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869

Oh yeah, not even dreaming of getting the 3ds version with this amiibo, with the price of the dolar right now, i could probably buy a house with the money i'd have to spend. I will get the steam version... eventually.
Good thing I like my Mega Man blue, then. It's my favorite color, anyway.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I've been listening to this remix a lot for the past month:
It also helps that Bubble Crab/Duff Mcwhalen's theme is one of my favorite X music pieces. I can't get enough of this song.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
It also helps that Bubble Crab/Duff Mcwhalen's theme is one of my favorite X music pieces. I can't get enough of this song.
Hmm, not bad. I don't spend time listening to remixes(unless they're official), but that one's not too shabby. I prefer the originals though, especially the X5 version.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Hmm, not bad. I don't spend time listening to remixes(unless they're official), but that one's not too shabby. I prefer the originals though, especially the X5 version.
Give them a chance. There are some kick*** remixes out there, the person who did this one from bubble crab also has some awesome remix of Vile's MMX3 theme:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Give them a chance. There are some kick*** remixes out there, the person who did this one from bubble crab also has some awesome remix of Vile's MMX3 theme:
That one sounds really close to the PSX version, just sped up a little. I like it.

EDIT: On a slightly related note, I once watched a video on Metal Blade uses and whoever put it up had a remix of Metal Man's stage playing. It kinda made me wish we had an official Metal Man remix in Smash.

Last edited:

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
Breis's remixes are probably some of my favorites, although I like more his non-Mega Man remixes.

This one's definitely one of my favorites tho.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't suppose the Gold Mega Man Amiibo does anything unique, does it?
Its unique in that'll cost more money and be harder to find. Then again, maybe a Gold Mega Man will show up in Mario Maker and Yoshi's Whoolly World. It'll likely do the same thing in Smash and in the Mega Man Legacy collection that the normal Amiibo will do.

Don't care too much about Amiibos. Though maybe I'll eventually get a Mega Man one. Personally I'd get the standard collection and leave it at that. It'll be cheaper that way too.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I remember hearing that before. Though I like the Mega Man X 2 Opening Stage remix and Flame Stag's more than this one. Wire Sponges was really cool too.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Anyone else planning to get the Legacy Collection? I think I'm gonna get the 3DS version of it. I don't have all the classic Mega Man games on me now. I do wonder if those Amiibo challenges will be any good. I don't have any of them but maybe I'll get the Mega Man one some where down the line.

I do have the Mega Man X Collection on Gamecube though. It was a bit hard to find for a good price. Yet the PS2 version dirt cheap comparatively.
I'll be getting the digital version, most likely. I miss playing Megaman on the go, and I'm planning on getting MMLC to have all 8-bit games on my 2DS (sans 9 and 10.... Capcom...)

I was going to participate in that "design your own challenge" contest held by Capcom, but after reading the rules, I found that the outcome was going to be too redundant to even bother. (Ex: Must use weapons according to the game they're from, must have locations from the same game, etc).

My idea of an awesome challenge would have been about taking out all robot masters from any game, using Power Rush Adaptor from MM6. The name of the challenge would have been "Real Steel" or "King of the Ring".

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Not really... i mean sure, its not like he is Sonic and Mario in that even your parents actually know his name, but everyone i ever met that had any videogame knowledge, they always knew who he was.

I never had to argue with anyone if he was an icon either.

Top Bottom