• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Just to remind ourselves, the Legacy Collection is only going to have MM1 thru MM6, so if you're wanting any of the other entries in the Classic series (7 thru 10, MM & Bass/Rockman & Forte, Soccer, Power Battle/Fighters, and Battle & Chase), you'll have to look elsewhere.
That's fine by me as long as I play a game in the series.

When is the Legacy Collection coming out anyways?

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Wait. Does that mean Beast Man from BN3 is actually Slash Man?
Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is a SlashMan.EXE and he's in the Cyberbeast Gregar version of Battle Network 6. BeastMan.EXE is his own creature, and I speculated whether or not he was supposed to be Slash Man or not.

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Well, I couldn't edit my post in time :p
How could I forget about Slash Gergar. Best CrossXBeast Out in the whole series with Dust Falzar.
...Still, am I the only one who feels like the Gregar looks like Beast Man ?..

Oh, and Elec Cross is the best Soul in the whole series. Period.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Well, I couldn't edit my post in time :p
How could I forget about Slash Gergar. Best CrossXBeast Out in the whole series with Dust Falzar.
...Still, am I the only one who feels like the Gregar looks like Beast Man ?..

Oh, and Elec Cross is the best Soul in the whole series. Period.
That fast charging attack, man. So good. :)

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
Number Soul tho...

So many options with those many chips...

SO MANY.

(Although I'm somewhat more of a Tengu Cross person)

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Guys have you noticed the Ice Slasher-glitch in Training Mode?
If you Ice Slash them and combo into Fair, let them land, repeat; the combo meter doesn't reset to 0.
Just a funny thing I came across yesterday.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
JoeKing put Mega Man in second place in his most recent video, "Top 5 Most Ignored Mid-Tier Fighters."
I'm STILL waiting for our time to shine...
Tino Tino Sorry for not seeing your question, but the Legacy Collection is out on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. It comes out for 3DS this winter I believe.

Last edited:

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
JoeKing put Mega Man in second place in his most recent video, "Top 5 Most Ignored Mid-Tier Fighters."
I'm STILL waiting for our time to shine...
Tino Tino Sorry for not seeing your question, but the Legacy Collection is out on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. It comes out for 3DS this winter I believe.
Scatt just got 7th at MLG, i think we are shining enough. No one can say Megaman "sucks", but we have to face it, he is not a top tier.

So, figure i should post this here since its for the lolz:

ENKER ENKER I should be salty, but that Ganon was a great sport and i was laughing what was left of my *** off XD

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
Scatt just got 7th at MLG, i think we are shining enough. No one can say Megaman "sucks", but we have to face it, he is not a top tier.

So, figure i should post this here since its for the lolz:

ENKER ENKER I should be salty, but that Ganon was a great sport and i was laughing what was left of my *** off XD
LOL! That definitely backfired on ya. Good to know I should never use it on a good Ganon. :p

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
You know guys, while I was fooling around on For Glory (I know, it sounds weird XD), I realized that DTilt could simply be used to go under aerial approaches. It won't work against everything (Mario's DAir comes to mind...),but it does put you in a kinda better situation.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
You know guys, while I was fooling around on For Glory (I know, it sounds weird XD), I realized that DTilt could simply be used to go under aerial approaches. It won't work against everything (Mario's DAir comes to mind...),but it does put you in a kinda better situation.
FG is nothing to be ashamed of. Look where it got Nairo lol

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
The thing about DTilt is that you want to use it's intangibility+range to outspace some of your opponent's attacks. The legs are a bit part of Mega Man's body so you can outrange a lot of hand to hand attacks.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
LOL! That definitely backfired on ya. Good to know I should never use it on a good Ganon. :p
NO SLAMMING THE GANON.

FG is nothing to be ashamed of. Look where it got Nairo lol
Everyone on the brazilian facebook group have now agreed that we should only play FG from now on, and have Doc as a secondary. lolz

Yesterday was quite a day. A Megaman, a Wario and an Ike making into top 8, and Zero finally losing a tourney, to Nairo, coming from the losers bracket, no less.
Couldn't watch most of it, so really hoping there are videos coming up soon, especially Scatt's matches.

Last edited:

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
ScAtt's usage of Rush was incredibly creative. Amazing mega man play dude @ScAtt77
Are there videos on youtube yet? Or is it there a way to re-watch the stream?

So, hey guys, turns out i'm on FG hell/ jail/ ban land/ whatever you call it.

Didn't even knew about it since i barely play for glory, been playing it for about 2 weeks now when i get home from work, was already used to salty people calling me names with the name editor when i win, so i thought there was nothing new. Turns out if you get too many people reporting you(if say, you are "spamming" too many projectiles and winning your matches), off you go to a server with only people who also been reported a lot. Found the same 3 people over and over today before finding this out.

Here is the sad irony: Not only the 3 people i found there had a good connection, they were also good. This Rob in particular, my guess as to why he was reported: 1- uses Rob; 2- taunts when he wins; 3 spends a good 15 seconds in the result screen if he wins the match. So i think that cause of that, a lot of opponnents reported him due to, well, salt. I get it that it annoys you, but reporting for that, seriously?? I am truly amazed that this is actually a thing. They don't even warn you or anything, it just happens.

Sorry if this is not the place for this, i just had to share this cause its hilarious.

Guess i will stick to the ladder(kinda sucks waiting 30 minutes to find someone willing to give my BR internet a try) and the facebook group i'm in XD.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Are there videos on youtube yet? Or is it there a way to re-watch the stream?

So, hey guys, turns out i'm on FG hell/ jail/ ban land/ whatever you call it.

Didn't even knew about it since i barely play for glory, been playing it for about 2 weeks now when i get home from work, was already used to salty people calling me names with the name editor when i win, so i thought there was nothing new. Turns out if you get too many people reporting you(if say, you are "spamming" too many projectiles and winning your matches), off you go to a server with only people who also been reported a lot. Found the same 3 people over and over today before finding this out.

Here is the sad irony: Not only the 3 people i found there had a good connection, they were also good. This Rob in particular, my guess as to why he was reported: 1- uses Rob; 2- taunts when he wins; 3 spends a good 15 seconds in the result screen if he wins the match. So i think that cause of that, a lot of opponnents reported him due to, well, salt. I get it that it annoys you, but reporting for that, seriously?? I am truly amazed that this is actually a thing. They don't even warn you or anything, it just happens.

Sorry if this is not the place for this, i just had to share this cause its hilarious.

Guess i will stick to the ladder(kinda sucks waiting 30 minutes to find someone willing to give my BR internet a try) and the facebook group i'm in XD.
This is why I never talk with name tags, or taunt in a fight unless a) I do something amazing or b) they taunt first. If they SD and haven't fulfilled b) I just hold crouch to look concerned for them.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
This is why I never talk with name tags, or taunt in a fight unless a) I do something amazing or b) they taunt first. If they SD and haven't fulfilled b) I just hold crouch to look concerned for them.
Thing is, i do the same, and i only use my name tag to say GGs, and i still got reported. This people don't think man, for all i know they could just not like the color pallete of your character and report you XD

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
I didn't even know you could report people in Smash. Lol. (Where is that option?)

I agree, I say "GG" if I face a solid opponent. I just want to be a good sport. :)

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
So you got reported because those people were salty? Gotta love how that's enough to send you to FG Hell. >_>
Speaking of For Glory, I was playing on Weenie Hut Jr's (3DS For Glory) last night, and I found some odd results. One guy represented both Doc and Greninja so poorly, I felt bad for him. I mean, it was utter domination and he was the one getting kicked down by me. I also ran into a couple of Foxes that weren't too good and I managed to U-Tilt one to his death twice in the same match. There was also an egg-spamming Yoshi and he was a bit of a prick to fight but I managed to take him down without much hassle.
I had an odd session last night.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
ENKER ENKER After the match is over, you can press X, then press A on your opponnens name, you get the options to see his miiverse profile, send a friend request, or report him.
So you got reported because those people were salty? Gotta love how that's enough to send you to FG Hell. >_>.
That's the thing, i don't use the name editor to annoy people, i never rage quit a match, and i only taunt if my opponent also does that, that way i don't feel i'm disrespecting them. So pretty much, guess a bunch of salty people reported me, and since it's an automatic system with no one controlling it, it leads to stuff like this. Again, i am used to read stuff like curses or "spammer","megaspam" etc, but i didn't expected them to be salty enough to report, and i especially didn't expected the report system to be so poorly designed.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
FYI You can send two reports per day.

I sadly know this from trying to unwind in For Fun and dealing with Taunt Parties & Campers. The former I can understand if you're a little kid, but the latter has made me come to hate Peach/Zelda/Jigglypuff mains.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
I think for fun is even more broken than FG. 3 out of 5 times i get people that gang up on me, and they never get kicked out of the room. Then, in one match where 2 of the players don't want to fight, me and this Mac decide to just play by ourselves, cue both of us being kicked for "targetting only one player" :)

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I never play online randoms anymore. Just makes me mad whether I win or lose.

Anyone else reading the Mega Man comic? Things are starting to heat up. Of course it's being canceled, so it doesn't really matter.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I think for fun is even more broken than FG. 3 out of 5 times i get people that gang up on me, and they never get kicked out of the room. Then, in one match where 2 of the players don't want to fight, me and this Mac decide to just play by ourselves, cue both of us being kicked for "targetting only one player" :)
It's weird... I always thought taunt parties in Brawl were a result of a collective "eh f*** it" due to the game's poor online.
But now I see it's just hard to give a sh** period if you're playing FFA items with no one around.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't taunt nor teabag at all after a kill whatsoever just to show that I'm a nice person. The name tag thing is useless to me unless it's to say "GGs" or something like that.

People with high levels of salt in their system doesn't bother me one bit.

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
I never play online randoms anymore. Just makes me mad whether I win or lose.

Anyone else reading the Mega Man comic? Things are starting to heat up. Of course it's being canceled, so it doesn't really matter.
It's just a hiatus! It'll come back eventually, I'm sure! :D

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
I can't tell if you're serious or not, but the way Flynn is talking about how he regrets not being able to do MM4 leaves very little to the imagination.
I never kid about my main squeeze, Mega Man! I heard the comic is merely going on a break, apparently this is something many comics do time and again.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I can't tell if you're serious or not, but the way Flynn is talking about how he regrets not being able to do MM4 leaves very little to the imagination.
I understand that "hiatus" means "cancelled" for us Mega Man fans, but it's going on hiatus and it's been confirmed that it's going on hiatus. Besides, they just wouldn't leave things off on a cliffhanger like that. I mean when has something like that ever happened? Oh yeah, nearly every Spider-Man animated series.
In all seriousness, I wouldn't fret over it, and the staff at Archie know that people love the Mega Man book, so they wouldn't just cancel it for no reason whatsoever.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I understand that "hiatus" means "cancelled" for us Mega Man fans, but it's going on hiatus and it's been confirmed that it's going on hiatus. Besides, they just wouldn't leave things off on a cliffhanger like that. I mean when has something like that ever happened? Oh yeah, nearly every Spider-Man animated series.
In all seriousness, I wouldn't fret over it, and the staff at Archie know that people love the Mega Man book, so they wouldn't just cancel it for no reason whatsoever.
Problem is that it's not for no reason. Archie's management has made a ****ton of mistakes recently, and are having a lot of financial trouble. It's the same reason Sonic Boom was canceled.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Problem is that it's not for no reason. Archie's management has made a ****ton of mistakes recently, and are having a lot of financial trouble. It's the same reason Sonic Boom was canceled.
Really? I knew that their legal team sucked and that's why the Archie Sonic books had to be rebooted, but I didn't know their management was bad. Still, having the Boom comic being cancelled is a good thing to come out of it, since that book was awful.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
For the past few weeks, I've been listening to a bunch of Mega Man music, and almost nothing but Mega Man (mostly the Classic series) music and remixes, especially when I'm drawing pictures. Besides that, all else I've been consistently listening to is TMNT Turtles in Time and I feel I've somehow become slightly addicted to it, even though I've only became a Mega Man fan for a short time ago.

Metal Man
Crash Man
Tomahawk Man
Pharaoh Man
Mr X's Castle (which I personally like better than Wily stage 1 in MM2)
Junk Man
Cut Man

Just to name a few, these songs in particular drug me somehow. Love these songs so much, that I forgot about most other gaming soundtracks I used to listen too.... help me :crying:. Don;t wanna keep doing it too much cause I'll eventually come to hate them..

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
For the past few weeks, I've been listening to a bunch of Mega Man music, and almost nothing but Mega Man (mostly the Classic series) music and remixes, especially when I'm drawing pictures. Besides that, all else I've been consistently listening to is TMNT Turtles in Time and I feel I've somehow become slightly addicted to it, even though I've only became a Mega Man fan for a short time ago.

Metal Man
Crash Man
Tomahawk Man
Pharaoh Man
Junk Man
Cut Man

Just to name a few, these songs in particular drug me somehow. Love these songs so much, that I forgot about most other gaming soundtracks I used to listen too.... help me :crying:. Don;t wanna keep doing it too much cause I'll eventually come to hate them..
For me, if I love a song, I'll love it forever. I guess that's how I work. :p
Anyway, here's some other Classic Mega Man music that I love:
Air Man
Top Man
Spark Man
Dive Man
Charge Man
Hornet Man
Dr. Wily Stages 3-4 (Mega Man 3)
Dr. Wily Stages (Mega Man 5)

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion

Metal Man
Crash Man
Tomahawk Man
Pharaoh Man
Junk Man
Cut Man

I've been listening to Mega Man music for over a decade, and I've not once gotten sick of any song. I don't think you will either, because it's just that good.

And hell, if you want the same but different, try Mega Man X's music, which is just as good, if not better in some respects.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Right now literally half of my playlist is Mega Man music. Some remasters/remix from the Zero series are just plain awesome.

Been listening a lot more of the classic themes recently, however.

Wanted to check out some of Undertale's musics, cause that seems to be one fine soundtrack.
But seems like the titles have some spoilers, and a friend of mine is doing a LP of the game and i promised her i wouldn't see any spoilers or others LPs so we could enjoy the game together(sorta), since i can't meet with her and play it everyday.
Anyways, the one song i searched is this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41YOknSl0zw
Again, if you are playing/will play the game, there is a minor spoiler in the title.
You will NOT convince me thats not some heavy Megaman X tune right there.

Last edited:

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
And I can't forget Fire Man's theme, very first Mega Man stage I've ever played. I got overwhelmed by the game's difficulty, and I used to have so much trouble with FireMan himself at the end without his weakness (nowadays, I find him a lot easier than initially after going back to it), so I shied myself away from Mega Man 1 for a bit before coming back to the series in MM2, where I instantly fell for Metal Man's music. But even though I was overwhelmed by Fire Man and his stage and it made me ragequit, I did at least jam to his theme and found it to rythmically sync with Mega Man's running animation, it was unlike any 8-bit piece I've ever heard before..... I don't even know how to describe it.

Some pretty slick remix of it I found https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXsuaB-oBG4

Top Bottom