• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

Jehtt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TurboJett
I'd totally watch a movie about bad boxart Mega Man trying to stumble through various Mega Man games.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
I usually don't do this(save a replay and post to laugh at my opponnent), but this match was just special, so i cut it short and did a few edits just for the lolz.

Praying that Sakurai and Co. really don't use FG as reference to balance the game, otherwise stuff like this will end up with Megaman's pellets(read, our "safest" move that is easily power shielded and punished by most of the cast) being nerfed.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I usually don't do this(save a replay and post to laugh at my opponnent), but this match was just special, so i cut it short and did a few edits just for the lolz.

Praying that Sakurai and Co. really don't use FG as reference to balance the game, otherwise stuff like this will end up with Megaman's pellets(read, our "safest" move that is easily power shielded and punished by most of the cast) being nerfed.
That would actually make me mad as hell. What they need to do is make Mega Man's moves less laggy. He'd go from a good character to a damn near fantastic one. How much better would it be if Mega's F-air, Up-Tilt, Down-Smash, Pummel and Down-Tilt were all made faster?

Otherwise, he's still a good fighter, but I see those laggy moves as his biggest hurdle.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
That would actually make me mad as hell. What they need to do is make Mega Man's moves less laggy. He'd go from a good character to a damn near fantastic one. How much better would it be if Mega's F-air, Up-Tilt, Down-Smash, Pummel and Down-Tilt were all made faster?

Otherwise, he's still a good fighter, but I see those laggy moves as his biggest hurdle.
Flame Sword definitely, Slide maybe, but Flame Blast? There's a reason it's laggy: it's literally the strongest dsmash in the game.
Also I'm not sure giving a zoning character an invincible, high-power close-range move that can be used relatively safely is a good idea.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Flame Sword definitely, Slide maybe, but Flame Blast? There's a reason it's laggy: it's literally the strongest dsmash in the game.
Also I'm not sure giving a zoning character an invincible, high-power close-range move that can be used relatively safely is a good idea.
Is it really the strongest dsmash in the game? Cause uncharged i don't think it kills any earlier than Ganon or say, Ike's Dsmash.
Faster pummel is more than reasonable, seriously the opponnent need to be at high percents so we can get TWO pummels in. An aerial that was less laggy would be cool as well.

Honestly, i am not hoping that he gets the Ike/Donky Kong treatment any time soon, but i still dread the possibility of a random nerf lol.

Also it's been so little time since the last patch, i sure hope they don't change the game again at least till next year. I know some people think that balancing keeps the game fresh and people interested, but in the case of the smash team that doesn't give patch notes or explain what are they using as base for the balance choices, i think the less patches, the best.

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
If we're talking changes, I would really like them to make lemons transcendent. Because lemons are really dumb against other projectiles. Just have to lemon Robin's arcthunder/arcfire once and it explodes prematurely.

If they were transcendent, you also wouldn't have to deal with the silliness of Sheik fair'ing through two lemons and still hitting you with it.

I just think it would be a better state for lemons to be in because they aren't really used like projectiles, but like a mid-ranged footsies tool.

Jehtt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TurboJett
Lemons not interacting would other projectiles would be pretty detrimental. It's a great way to stop things like Luigi's fireballs, Diddy's Bananas, ZSS's Paralyzer, or Robin's Arcthunder as you said.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Lemons not interacting would other projectiles would be pretty detrimental. It's a great way to stop things like Luigi's fireballs, Diddy's Bananas, ZSS's Paralyzer, or Robin's Arcthunder as you said.
Agreed. The Lemons cancelling other projectiles is one of my favorite things about them. Though maybe they could travel slightly farther. I can see that working in Mega Man's favor and against him depending on the match-up.

How do you feel about the Charge Shot ignoring other projectiles? Because of that, I've been in some Mortal Kombat type of situations where the projectiles don't break each other and both players get hit.

Jehtt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TurboJett
Not only is it cool looking but it's useful too. It's damage, especially uncharged, is low. Imagine someone just jabbing it away :p

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So anyone wondering if they'll show anything for TGS? I think they might show off a little more of the Legacy collection. Otherwise I guess it's just being hopeful. Maybe we'll see some Mega Man X and Zero gameplay for Project X Zone 2.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I recently started playing Project X Zone a while back but I haven't finished it at the moment. As a matter of fact, I don't even have Mega Man X nor Zero as one of my units yet and I'm starting to doubt if I'm even gonna finish it considering how dull the game is starting to become.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I recently started playing Project X Zone a while back but I haven't finished it at the moment. As a matter of fact, I don't even have Mega Man X nor Zero as one of my units yet and I'm starting to doubt if I'm even gonna finish it considering how dull the game is starting to become.
That's a pretty common complaint about the game. I'm wondering if the second game will do anything about that. MMX and Zero are supposed to be in Chapter 29, so it'll take a while. Which is another thing the 2nd game will need to fix up on, letting you use the cool characters earlier. Because outside of the Tekken and Street Fighter cast, not many early game characters peaked my interest.

And speaking of the Legacy Collection, the 3DS version will use the Mega Man Amiibo. Which will give you some exclusive challenges or something. Seems kind nice I guess. Nothing too fancy.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
That's a pretty common complaint about the game. I'm wondering if the second game will do anything about that. MMX and Zero are supposed to be in Chapter 29, so it'll take a while. Which is another thing the 2nd game will need to fix up on, letting you use the cool characters earlier. Because outside of the Tekken and Street Fighter cast, not many early game characters peaked my interest.

And speaking of the Legacy Collection, the 3DS version will use the Mega Man Amiibo. Which will give you some exclusive challenges or something. Seems kind nice I guess. Nothing too fancy.
I've heard about it. And while the game does have a great cast of characters (most of which I've never heard of before), I just wasn't quite feeling it. I mean it was fun at first until I realize that each chapter seem to take longer and longer to finish especially when you're trying to level up all of the characters to the point that I'm starting to lose interest in it. I won't be getting the sequel unfortunately.

And what's this about the Legacy Collection?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
May make my own Metal Man later (was beaten to it >_>) but I did go ahead and made some other Mario Maker levels, let me know what you think.

I'll probably make a Plant Man based stage next.

D368-0000-003B-D26B
CD69-0000-003F-027A

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Yo guys, i was wondering... How long does a tourney usually goes for ? I was wondering about going to Weeklies once in a while (Got an annual transport pass yay), but it starts at 9.00 P.M., and coming back home late sounds like a bad idea...

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Uhhh...
If my memory serves me right, there was like... around 8 setups + 1 for the stream, but it was for a bigger tournament with a partner.
This time, it is singles only...
I think it should be less than 40 entries in the best case. I think.

Last edited:

ilysm

sleepy
Hey, Mega Man social! I don't really main this character (he's not even a good secondary for me), but I had to ask; does anyone here listen to The Protomen? A friend of mine (huge Mega man fan) recently got me to listen to them. Essentially, dystopian Mega Man rock opera reimagining. Someone mentioned it in this thread twenty pages ago but nobody replied to them, which is a shame because this band is pretty damn good and anyone who likes Mega Man will probably enjoy them. ^_^

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Hey, Mega Man social! I don't really main this character (he's not even a good secondary for me), but I had to ask; does anyone here listen to The Protomen? A friend of mine (huge Mega man fan) recently got me to listen to them. Essentially, dystopian Mega Man rock opera reimagining. Someone mentioned it in this thread twenty pages ago but nobody replied to them, which is a shame because this band is pretty damn good and anyone who likes Mega Man will probably enjoy them. ^_^
Haven't really heard about them. Any particular song/album you reccomend?

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Didn't liked that album very much, think i like what i heard from act 3 better so far.

Speaking of wich, guess i will ask this now: outside of Megaman music cause i am pretty sure we all love that, wich kinda music you megamen out there like?

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Alternative rock, Hip Hop, Soul, R&B and some Glitch Hop as well.

Some favorites:
Two Door Cinema Club
Foster the People
Imagine Dragons
Daughtry
Nico and Vinz
Seal
Robotaki

If we're talking about video game music though, the Pokemon series, Pac-Man world 2, and the fire emblem series contain some of my all time favorites.

I have to be immersed in the music to really love it. Whenever I listen to music, I fly off into my imagination ^^

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I've only listened to a couple of their songs, mainly Hope Rides Alone and The Hounds which are awesome songs. I need to listen to more of what The Protomen have seeing as how I'm a huge fan of The Megas. :p

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Well, i like some heavy metal (Mettalica and Priest) but i mostly listen to jrock (Last Alliance, Acidman, The Back Horn).

As far as videogame music, other than Megaman, my favourites are from Kirby, Guilty Gear(actually anything from Daisuke Ishiwatari, really), and the Contra series.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Hip hop, southern hip hop and R&B music all day, everyday.

And as for video game music, I'm not familiar with the Mega Man music other than the ones in Smash since I've never played any of his games before. My favorite ones are the Mario music (mainly the Galaxy ones) Zeldas and the Fire Emblem ones, which tends to have the most epic music in the series.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I mainly listen to video game music, which consists mostly of Sonic(SA/SA2 especially, I'm a fan of Jun Senoue's work), Mega Man X, and Castlevania(SOTN onward). Occasionally there are some one-off series that catch my attention, such as NiGHTS.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yep, Capcom is definitely testing the waters. It's kind of funny how they're releasing the ports in story order.

Am just glad to see they're bringing down prices online. Last time I check MoTB went for at least $130, now it's $110 online.

Unclesatan

Smash Apprentice
I mainly listen to video game music, which consists mostly of Sonic(SA/SA2 especially, I'm a fan of Jun Senoue's work), Mega Man X, and Castlevania(SOTN onward). Occasionally there are some one-off series that catch my attention, such as NiGHTS.
Castlevania music is incredible, glad to see another fan

Top Bottom