• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
So I was playing some online friendlies with some high level players from the Mario and Link boards, including A2ZOMG and 2ManyCooks, and while I feel like I have a ways to go, especially in the mental game of Smash 4, they had noted my best strength is spacing, which on occasion is better than theirs. Would Mega Man be the perfect character to compliment this strength? If so, I'd like to hit the lab up with him and his customs. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this just in case.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, the update is live now. Time to find if anything changed... again.
Right now it seems like Leaf Shield is the only major buff to Mega Man. He has no nerfs as far as I know. I'm hoping that Mega Man's Slide will get some buffs one day too.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
So lately, I've become a lot more interested in art and been taking it pret-ty seriously, could very well be my career choice when I grow. I've taken a manga class for a month, bought myself a sketchbook (w/100 pages), 4 how-to-draw-comics/manga books, and I frequently look at drawing guides all the time; got my own little ongoing comic boo series I hope I can publish one day. My artistic prowess still isn't great, but I think I'm seeing quite some improvement compared to before and I've never felt this confident about it, I think I am making some slow but definite improvements and I'm happy with it.

But that's besides the point: I thought of making something of a fanart poster image for myself as a smasher and featuring a sketch or short comic featuring my two main characters: :4megaman::4greninja:, especially if I ever get my own YT channel or something cool like that. It'd have Mega blast away at a couple fighters from the game and just being a badass, and eventually he'll get taken down himself by somebody and his robot body has taken too much damage for him to continue battling. So as a last resort, he shoots out a Poke Ball from his Mega Buster and Greninja pops out of it to take his place and duel with the remaining enemies, essentially saving his hide and finishing what he couldn't. Mega Man is my main, Greninja is my secondary (used to be the other way around),, and I think this would very well illustrate that and just be real fun to make.

I sense that its going to be a difficult task to learn how to actually draw these two (especially Greninja) and other characters though, drawing is fun but its one hell of a long process. Can't wait to get around to it though, gonna enjoy it :bluejump:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Right now it seems like Leaf Shield is the only major buff to Mega Man. He has no nerfs as far as I know. I'm hoping that Mega Man's Slide will get some buffs one day too.
I'm glad Mega Man doesn't get any nerfs since he's pretty balanced if you ask me. I hope the Slide gets buffed too, and I still wish his moves were less laggy.

Last edited:

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
So lately, I've become a lot more interested in art and been taking it pret-ty seriously, could very well be my career choice when I grow. I've taken a manga class for a month, bought myself a sketchbook (w/100 pages), 4 how-to-draw-comics/manga books, and I frequently look at drawing guides all the time; got my own little ongoing comic boo series I hope I can publish one day. My artistic prowess still isn't great, but I think I'm seeing quite some improvement compared to before and I've never felt this confident about it, I think I am making some slow but definite improvements and I'm happy with it.

But that's besides the point: I thought of making something of a fanart poster image for myself as a smasher and featuring a sketch or short comic featuring my two main characters: :4megaman::4greninja:, especially if I ever get my own YT channel or something cool like that. It'd have Mega blast away at a couple fighters from the game and just being a badass, and eventually he'll get taken down himself by somebody and his robot body has taken too much damage for him to continue battling. So as a last resort, he shoots out a Poke Ball from his Mega Buster and Greninja pops out of it to take his place and duel with the remaining enemies, essentially saving his hide and finishing what he couldn't. Mega Man is my main, Greninja is my secondary (used to be the other way around),, and I think this would very well illustrate that and just be real fun to make.

I sense that its going to be a difficult task to learn how to actually draw these two (especially Greninja) and other characters though, drawing is fun but its one hell of a long process. Can't wait to get around to it though, gonna enjoy it :bluejump:
Dude, link us to that whenever you are done with it, sounds awesome.

Drawing... i think i don't touch a pen and paper in more than 6 months lol
I never aspired to be an artist but i still like to drawn my crappy fanart, gotta get back to it.

Do you have a deviantart page or something?

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Dude, link us to that whenever you are done with it, sounds awesome.

Drawing... i think i don't touch a pen and paper in more than 6 months lol
I never aspired to be an artist but i still like to drawn my crappy fanart, gotta get back to it.

Do you have a deviantart page or something?
I do, but I barely use it for anything. But now that you mention it, now that I've started drawing I might actually be able to put my account to good use for something, thx for pointing that out, dude.

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
So, I went to my local supermarket and I saw 1 Ganondorf, 1 Lucario and like 8 Lil' Mac Amiibos... (Mac needs some love)
I wonder if it means it got any Mega Man Amiibos... bah, I'll keep searching for it later.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
So, I went to my local supermarket and I saw 1 Ganondorf, 1 Lucario and like 8 Lil' Mac Amiibos... (Mac needs some love)
I wonder if it means it got any Mega Man Amiibos... bah, I'll keep searching for it later.
Meanwhile in America...
*No Amiibo in sight apart from the common ones*
At least I have my Mega Man Amiibo, and he's glorious. :)

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Honestly, you should rephrase this as, "So Ganondorf, Lucario, and 8 Lil' Macs walk into a bar...".

Nah but, I've harassed my Gamestop for about a month now and can never catch them with any.
I should probably just buy a Megaman Amiibo pedastal and put an 8-bit Megaman or Protoman of my own making on it.

Also, how's it going blue bombers?

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
To answer the question above, apart from me laughing and crying at how bad the Fantastic Four reboot is doing, I'm doing pretty well.
I also uploaded a new video from Smash 4.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
All I see is some ****ty overrated common ones from where I live. Nothing but Marios, ******* and the Super Mario line in the way.
At least I got the amiibos of :rosalina:and of course :4megaman:. I wish I had :4littlemac: though (did Nintendo even restocked him?).
Honestly, you should rephrase this as, "So Ganondorf, Lucario, and 8 Lil' Macs walk into a bar...".

Nah but, I've harassed my Gamestop for about a month now and can never catch them with any.
I should probably just buy a Megaman Amiibo pedastal and put an 8-bit Megaman or Protoman of my own making on it.

Also, how's it going blue bombers?
Other than just waking up after a long night at work, never been better.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
http://comicsalliance.com/mega-man-55-solicitations-interview/

Kind of surprised they're using this to end the current run of comics, as I would have thought they'd save it for after MM10. It's great to see the ZX series, and especially Model A, get some love. Would bet in the Archie storyline, this event is that leads Dr. Light to start working on X given the MM9 RMs are mostly completed.

I really hope this isn't a long hiatus,
but I'm not going to hold my breath given how they word everything.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
How many of you saw Summer Games done quick this year? I saw the Mega Man X2 and Mega Man X8 stuff on youtube. I think the X2 one was pretty hype. Mostly due to all the perfect Shoryuken's that were done on stream.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Just scored 2nd place at my local today in singles an around 3rd or 4th in Doubles with a Pac-Man player, the highest I've ever placed thus far. I used Greninja in around 3 sets, but for the bulk of the time I stuck with the Blue Bomber once again and beat plenty of people in friendlies using both characters, and I think I grow stronger each time I play them now. I even managed to beat my region's best Sonic player and fought him 2 times in really close sets and I prevailed both times, who is consiered by many of us to be a PR contender and last time I played him I barely lost. 2 of my region's PR members were there, and I still placed a little higher than they did! My defeat came from our best Ganondorf, met him in bracket twice an he defeated me in winer's and grand finals. Obviously not a bad matchup, but man does his Ganon scare me. Puts a ton of work on me with flame chokes, his Dtilt, and he pretty much destroys me almost any time I am at the ledge or have to land back on the ground. Even trying to edgeguard Ganon scares me because of Ganoncide, and I play a bit more passively towards him than I should and I think I'm maybe giving him a bit too much respect. If I can keep this up, maybe I'll get on the next PR myself, and I'll come out as my regions top player for both my characters. When a match is really intense for me in a tournament, my heart tends to beat pretty fast and I get a little anxious during it and it affects how I play, carries over to my next match, but today I'v found a remedy for that: I brought my 3DS with me, and while I was waiting for my next game I just played some Mega Man 4 and it calmed me down; so that should help me perform a little better from now. Unfortunately, I almost ragequit from fighting Skull Man, I hear a lot of people say he's easy (like most of MM4's robot masters; only Drill Man and Bright Man put up any sort of fight) but I don't know how to exploit his AI and I couldn't beat him. I have the same dilemna with Ring Man, his stage is hell to play in, yet many say that Ring Man himself is a complete joke, and I don't know how to deal with him either. If anyone here knows how to beat these two bossses with just the mega buster (charge shots ok, but I prefer to fight bosses without their weakness weapons unless I feel I really need to), plz lay it on me. I'd really appreciate it.

I also won 48 bucks from this and I successfully pre-ordered the amiibo retro pack at GS today, so today was pretty freakin' sweet to say the least.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Just scored 2nd place at my local today in singles an around 3rd or 4th in Doubles with a Pac-Man player, the highest I've ever placed thus far. I used Greninja in around 3 sets, but for the bulk of the time I stuck with the Blue Bomber once again and beat plenty of people in friendlies using both characters, and I think I grow stronger each time I play them now. I even managed to beat my region's best Sonic player and fought him 2 times in really close sets and I prevailed both times, who is consiered by many of us to be a PR contender and last time I played him I barely lost. 2 of my region's PR members were there, and I still placed a little higher than they did! My defeat came from our best Ganondorf, met him in bracket twice an he defeated me in winer's and grand finals. Obviously not a bad matchup, but man does his Ganon scare me. Puts a ton of work on me with flame chokes, his Dtilt, and he pretty much destroys me almost any time I am at the ledge or have to land back on the ground. Even trying to edgeguard Ganon scares me because of Ganoncide, and I play a bit more passively towards him than I should and I think I'm maybe giving him a bit too much respect. If I can keep this up, maybe I'll get on the next PR myself, and I'll come out as my regions top player for both my characters. When a match is really intense for me in a tournament, my heart tends to beat pretty fast and I get a little anxious during it and it affects how I play, carries over to my next match, but today I'v found a remedy for that: I brought my 3DS with me, and while I was waiting for my next game I just played some Mega Man 4 and it calmed me down; so that should help me perform a little better from now. Unfortunately, I almost ragequit from fighting Skull Man, I hear a lot of people say he's easy (like most of MM4's robot masters; only Drill Man and Bright Man put up any sort of fight) but I don't know how to exploit his AI and I couldn't beat him. I have the same dilemna with Ring Man, his stage is hell to play in, yet many say that Ring Man himself is a complete joke, and I don't know how to deal with him either. If anyone here knows how to beat these two bossses with just the mega buster (charge shots ok, but I prefer to fight bosses without their weakness weapons unless I feel I really need to), plz lay it on me. I'd really appreciate it.

I also won 48 bucks from this and I successfully pre-ordered the amiibo retro pack at GS today, so today was pretty freakin' sweet to say the least.
Skull Man's a weird case. He doesn't attack if you stand still or jump. Move or attack, and he'll jump toward you, bring up his Skull Barrier, he'll run towards you, that's when you jump over him. He'll vary between jumping again to shooting at you. Skull Man's my first Robot Master when I play 4, and the reason for that is because I find him easy. He takes a little while to understand, but he's not too bad.
Ring Man has an easy pattern to follow. He'll throw his Ring Boomerang, jump in the air, throw it from the air, and he'll run to the other side. He's my last Robot Master because Ring Man's stage is my favorite in the game, and it's where I love to use the awesome weapons Mega Man 4 has, which is pretty much all of them. :p
Here's some more informative videos if what I said wasn't enough:

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
He's my last Robot Master because Ring Man's stage is my favorite in the game, and it's where I love to use the awesome weapons Mega Man 4 has, which is pretty much all of them. :p
Now that's interesting, I've always found that the overall weaponry of Mega Man 10 is the best, nothing too broken or useless (Yes, Thunder Wool is cool, shut up).

Which game do you believe has the best/worst set of weapons in the series?

IMO the worst set of weapons probably goes to the original Mega Man: Hyper Bomb, Super Arm... and Thunder Beam being a little bit too much doesn't help either.

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
I don't caee about what people say, Mega Man & Bass and mega Man 8 have the best weapons ever in the Classic series. Yes, some of them are pretty bad (lookin' at you Water Balloon), but they were given actual on-field usefulness, and not many weapons in the other game did.
Seriously, you can use the Ice Wall yo get at the height of Bass' 2nd jump or slide on it to get over spikes (or abuse Burner Man's weakness against spikes XD).

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Now that's interesting, I've always found that the overall weaponry of Mega Man 10 is the best, nothing too broken or useless (Yes, Thunder Wool is cool, shut up).

Which game do you believe has the best/worst set of weapons in the series?

IMO the worst set of weapons probably goes to the original Mega Man: Hyper Bomb, Super Arm... and Thunder Beam being a little bit too much doesn't help either.
I go Megaman 2 for favorite weaponry. Metal Blade, Leaf Shield, Air Shooter, and Crash Bomber are my favorites.
Also my favorite stage will always be Crashman's for the music, the change in the scenery as you ascend, and the clever enemy and item placement. A close second is Woodman's (creativty and monkeybots).

I don't think anybody is really a fan of the Topspin ability from Megaman 3.
Then again, when I think back to everything in Megaman 5, I wasn't a fan of most of the weapons in that game.

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Mega Man's 4 and 9 have the best weapon system if you ask me. Every weapon is incredibly useful, powerful, and unique. Even though I'm not a huge fan of 4's Robot Master roster, I'm not big on some of the music, and some of the stages (mainly Dust Man) are quite bad, the weapon system brings 4 up from being one of my least favorite entries to a middle of the road entry. 9's weapon system is incredibly well-rounded, and we got the best shield weapon, the Jewel Satellite. I'm also fond of 3's weapon system, even if Spark Shock is my least favorite weapon in the game.

While this isn't the worst weapon system, I find Mega Man 2's weapon system to be one of the worst for being horribly unbalanced and having some weapons feel incredibly situational. The Metal Blade is what kills the weapon system, as it can kill most enemies, and half the Robot Master roster, including Metal Man himself. Most of the other weapons serve their purpose, but I feel like some of the could have been greatly improved. You should be able to throw the Leaf Shield whenever you want, the Crash Bomber should have had more ammo and be less situational to just breaking down walls (not to mention fighting that goddamn Buebeam Trap), and the Atomic Fire feels useless to me just because there's never a safe spot to use it beyond that one area in Wily 4.

Mega Man 5 and 10 don't have very good weapon systems either. With the exception of Power Stone, I've been able to get a decent use of out of 5's weapons, like using the Star Crash to negate the falling crystals in Crystal Man's stage, and the Water Wave is great for taking out ground enemies. 10's weapons to me, are nearly useless with the exceptions of Triple Blade and Water Shield. 10's weapon system is the worst if you ask me for having useless weapons, some of which like the Commando Bomb not handling well, and putting me in danger more than helping me.

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
Mega Man 5 and 10 don't have very good weapon systems either. With the exception of Power Stone, I've been able to get a decent use of out of 5's weapons, like using the Star Crash to negate the falling crystals in Crystal Man's stage, and the Water Wave is great for taking out ground enemies. 10's weapons to me, are nearly useless with the exceptions of Triple Blade and Water Shield. 10's weapon system is the worst if you ask me for having useless weapons, some of which like the Commando Bomb not handling well, and putting me in danger more than helping me.
I can agree with the Mega Man 5 part (Even if I don't like Charge Kick because Charge Kick), but in the weapon system of Mega Man 10 is pretty awesome in my opinion, though a lot of them need some time to set them up properly (Solar Blaze, Chill Spike, Thunder Wool), but I love each and every single one of them.

And I really dislike Mega Man 3 overall weaponry, most of them feel a little bit too gimmicky and clunky, although it has some cool exceptions (Shadow Blade be like balanced Metal Blade) I still find it overall lackluster.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
S Tier: 9
High Tier: 8, Bass,
Middle Tier: 1, 2, 4, 7,
Low Tier: 5, 10,
Bottom Tier: 3, 6,

10 has some Top Spin level issues, but Triple Blade/Water Shield/DLC Weapons I think make up for it. I've found uses for all of 5's weapons, but they're still meh overall.

3 I've never found uses for outside of Hard/Shadow. 6, maybe Flame/Tomahawk, but none really.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I can agree with the Mega Man 5 part (Even if I don't like Charge Kick because Charge Kick), but in the weapon system of Mega Man 10 is pretty awesome in my opinion, though a lot of them need some time to set them up properly (Solar Blaze, Chill Spike, Thunder Wool), but I love each and every single one of them.

And I really dislike Mega Man 3 overall weaponry, most of them feel a little bit too gimmicky and clunky, although it has some cool exceptions (Shadow Blade be like balanced Metal Blade) I still find it overall lackluster.
Apart from Spark Shock and occasionally Top Spin, I never had problems with 3's weapon system. Then again, I don't score weapon systems until I tested all the weapons to their fullest potential. Even though 3 is my favorite Mega Man game, I'd probably rate the weapons system in the mid tier range since the weapons require some learning curve, but they have good results, much like Mega Man in Smash 4. :p

I respectfully disagree with both your and ---'s opinions on the 10 weapon system. I find almost every weapon incredibly useless, gimmicky, or awkward. Thunder Wool is the worst Robot Master weapon of all time in my opinion, as it has slow as hell start up, and the damage results don't help matters. I would have preferred if the Commando Bomb made you stand still, especially since the bomb is supposed to be aimed, and being able to move while aiming a bomb makes it hard to use. The Wheel Cutter has a cool double effect of being able to go up walls, but I never found a practical use for it beyond me being lazy to jump or if I want to look cool when playing. Solar Blaze is an oddball, since I only ever use it to go to an alternate route in Wily Stage 1, and I don't find much use for it beyond that. It's not an awful weapon per se, but I just don't find myself finding good ways to use it. The Chill Spike is very much like the Solar Blaze to where it's not outright awful, but it's not very practical except for taking out incredibly hyper enemies like those spiders in Blade Man's stage.

The only weapons in 10 that I use and like are the Triple Blade and the Water Shield. The Triple Blade for doing decent damage and covering a good amount of space, and the Water Shield for covering good area when thrown and actually being a good means of defending yourself. --- talked about the DLC Mega Man Killer weapons, and while they are great, I don't count them because they aren't from 10 and were introduced in other games. 10 in general (soundtrack withstanding) was really disappointing if you ask me. Not bad, but disappointing, especially since it was the last game we got before the cancellation stuff started.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
The sad thing is I keep forgetting about most things from Megaman 9 and I don't know why. It was a really fun game with entertaining bosses and powers.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
The sad thing is I keep forgetting about most things from Megaman 9 and I don't know why. It was a really fun game with entertaining bosses and powers.
That's how I feel about X5. It's a game that I enjoyed a good chunk of, but I normally forget about it. That, and I want to erase Duff Mchwhalen and Squid Adler's stages from my memory. The horror... O_O!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I liked the Weapon's in Mega Man 6, but they weren't extremely useful like the ones in Mega Man 2. Mega Man 8 and Mega Man 9 also has some strong contenders for best weapons. Mega Man 7's weapons were pretty good too.

As for the Mega Man X series, I'd rank the weapons for some of the games like this.

S: X1
A: X2, X4
B: X6
C: X3, X5

I mean, in my most recent run of Mega Man X1, I found that the Fire Wave was pretty damn useful. Those turtle tanks you find in the Sigma stages would go down easy to them and so would some plenty of other weaker enemies. If you're not using it for Chill Penguin, it'll still help you wreck some **** up. Chameleon Sting and Boomerang Cutter are pretty good too. I shouldn't have to say much about Storm Tornado and Rolling Shield that hasn't been said before.

Mega Man X2 and Mega Man X4 have great weapons of their own too. Speed Burner has got to be my favorite weapon in the whole Mega Man series, it's that sick. Sonic Slicer, Bubble Shield, and Spin wheel take care of a lot problems too. Silk Shot is cool too. Mega Man X4 isn't far behind in that regard. I found a lot of uses for Rising Fire and Frost Tower. Frost Tower's mostly good for defense though, but it certainly helps against a couple of annoying bosses. Lightning Web and Twin Slasher are also great.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I liked the Weapon's in Mega Man 6, but they weren't extremely useful like the ones in Mega Man 2. Mega Man 8 and Mega Man 9 also has some strong contenders for best weapons. Mega Man 7's weapons were pretty good too.

As for the Mega Man X series, I'd rank the weapons for some of the games like this.

S: X1
A: X2, X4
B: X6
C: X3, X5

I mean, in my most recent run of Mega Man X1, I found that the Fire Wave was pretty damn useful. Those turtle tanks you find in the Sigma stages would go down easy to them and so would some plenty of other weaker enemies. If you're not using it for Chill Penguin, it'll still help you wreck some **** up. Chameleon Sting and Boomerang Cutter are pretty good too. I shouldn't have to say much about Storm Tornado and Rolling Shield that hasn't been said before.

Mega Man X2 and Mega Man X4 have great weapons of their own too. Speed Burner has got to be my favorite weapon in the whole Mega Man series, it's that sick. Sonic Slicer, Bubble Shield, and Spin wheel take care of a lot problems too. Silk Shot is cool too. Mega Man X4 isn't far behind in that regard. I found a lot of uses for Rising Fire and Frost Tower. Frost Tower's mostly good for defense though, but it certainly helps against a couple of annoying bosses. Lightning Web and Twin Slasher are also great.
I actually don't find myself using the weapons in the X series as much as I would like. It's not that the weapons are bad, because most of them aren't, but I just adore the charge shots in the X series, especially the X4 version since it can do lingering damage.
I also like how the X series weapons can be charged when you get the Arm upgrade. It really feels like the X series is an expansion of what the Classic series introduced. It makes me wish the story had as much effort put into it. Not that the Classic series had masterpiece-quality stories, but the Archie comics have been giving it a lot of potential, so hopefully the same happens to the X series.

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
10 in general (soundtrack withstanding) was really disappointing if you ask me. Not bad, but disappointing, especially since it was the last game we got before the cancellation stuff started.
Hmmm, that explains a lot, 10 is probably my favorite of the Classic series besides 5, so I tend to be a little bit of a bias here.

About the X series, I'll say that MMX weapons are downright broken just because every single one of them does their job so great. It's literally one of the few cases where each and every single weapon is useful, but perhaps a little bit too much for my taste.

If I gotta make a list based around some bias plus objetive usefullness...

SS: X
A: X2
B: X4, X5, X8
C: X3, X6
F: X7

X2 weapons are overall pretty useful, but not as much as X1, which for me is kind of a good thing oddly enough.

Ditto about what @ Knight Dude Knight Dude said about X4 weapons, but I find X5 and X8 weapons to be pretty clever too, X5 some balanced weapons overall, without having anything that shines too much for it's own good, same for X8 (I also like Zero and Axl extra weaponry)

And I don't think I need to explain X7.

The only explanation we need is why it exist.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Hmmm, that explains a lot, 10 is probably my favorite of the Classic series besides 5, so I tend to be a little bit of a bias here.

About the X series, I'll say that MMX weapons are downright broken just because every single one of them does their job so great. It's literally one of the few cases where each and every single weapon is useful, but perhaps a little bit too much for my taste.

If I gotta make a list based around some bias plus objetive usefullness...

SS: X
A: X2
B: X4, X5, X8
C: X3, X6
F: X7

X2 weapons are overall pretty useful, but not as much as X1, which for me is kind of a good thing oddly enough.

Ditto about what @ Knight Dude Knight Dude said about X4 weapons, but I find X5 and X8 weapons to be pretty clever too, X5 some balanced weapons overall, without having anything that shines too much for it's own good, same for X8 (I also like Zero and Axl extra weaponry)

And I don't think I need to explain X7.

The only explanation we need is why it exist.
I've only played up to X5. I don't have X6 yet (and I'm extremely curious to see if that game really is as bad as people make it out to be), and I'll be avoiding X7 until I play X8. I want to experience the good MMX PS2 title first, not counting Command Mission.

Also, someone that actually likes MM5? That's refreshing, since that entry is my favorite in the 2nd Mega Man NES trilogy, or "The Imposter Games," as I call them.

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
I've only played up to X5. I don't have X6 yet (and I'm extremely curious to see if that game really is as bad as people make it out to be), and I'll be avoiding X7 until I play X8. I want to experience the good MMX PS2 title first, not counting Command Mission.

Also, someone that actually likes MM5? That's refreshing, since that entry is my favorite in the 2nd Mega Man NES trilogy, or "The Imposter Games," as I call them.
5 It's my second favorite actually, I don't know what it is but it feels really enjoyable. And that Dark Man music <3

X6 it's... weird, you'll like some things, you'll hate some others, the game is overall just decent but a lot of decisions in the design are really doubtful (The First stage and boss in Gate's Lab being the one example I have)

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
5 It's my second favorite actually, I don't know what it is but it feels really enjoyable. And that Dark Man music <3

X6 it's... weird, you'll like some things, you'll hate some others, the game is overall just decent but a lot of decisions in the design are really doubtful (The First stage and boss in Gate's Lab being the one example I have)
I've seen some of the poor level design of X6, but I still need to play it for myself before saying anything about it. I will say that X6's soundtrack is amazing stuff. :)

5's kind of a hard game to describe seeing as it's not very different than any other Classic Mega Man game, but I enjoy the level design in the game. It may feel a little easier compared to the other games before and later, but I still don't think it's overly easy. Dark Man's theme always sounded like a faster version of Gemini Man's theme from 3 to me, and I'm not sure why. Still a great song, but still, can't help but think of the zodiac.

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
I've seen some of the poor level design of X6, but I still need to play it for myself before saying anything about it. I will say that X6's soundtrack is amazing stuff. :)

5's kind of a hard game to describe seeing as it's not very different than any other Classic Mega Man game, but I enjoy the level design in the game. It may feel a little easier compared to the other games before and later, but I still don't think it's overly easy. Dark Man's theme always sounded like a faster version of Gemini Man's theme from 3 to me, and I'm not sure why. Still a great song, but still, can't help but think of the zodiac.
X5 still has my favorite soundtrack tho, that X vs Zero theme was one of the very first songs in the game which I actually focused on hearing out (And I actually killed myself agaisn't Zero because of that, didn't know about the 2 minutes rule :p )

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm sure X8 has good weapons, but I need to play more of the game myself.

As for X6, I actually like it. It's got some wonki-ness to it, but the game's got some cool upgrades that makes playing through stages pretty fun. Still, I do prefer most of the other games above X6.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I'm sure X8 has good weapons, but I need to play more of the game myself.

As for X6, I actually like it. It's got some wonki-ness to it, but the game's got some cool upgrades that makes playing through stages pretty fun. Still, I do prefer most of the other games above X6.
I know X6 is an unpopular game amongst fans, then again people said that about Mega Man 5, and I really love that game, so I'll go into X6 with a grain of salt.
Speaking of Mega Man 5:
I love this video.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
So I finally got around to beating MM&B as Mega Man a couple of days ago. Looking back, it doesn't really seem as hard as everyone makes it out to be. For a moment I dreaded going through the final gauntlet, but after remembering the robot masters' patterns it kind of went by smoothly. Except for Wily. That was a bit of a hassle. I should breeze through it with Bass, his double jump alone makes life easier.

Now that I think about it, Bass feels very much like a MMX character, both ability-wise and in design. His armor looks very much like X's, and can dash(and dash jump) like X. The only thing he's missing is a wall kick.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Hey, out of curiosity, is there a Mega Man Skype Group to discuss match-ups and such? I haven't found one yet, so I'm curious as to other ways and techniques to use in my games.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Hey, out of curiosity, is there a Mega Man Skype Group to discuss match-ups and such? I haven't found one yet, so I'm curious as to other ways and techniques to use in my games.
There's not one to my knowledge. I'd love to be in a Skype group that discusses that. The 8th and a half president demands it! :p
Also, I was bored and made some lyrics for the Mega Man 2 Melody. Tell me what you guys think:

I’m Mega Mega Mega Man
I’m back in action
(I’m Mega)
I’m Mega Mega Mega Man
I’m a main attraction
I’m Mega Mega Mega Man
I won’t let you pass
(I’m badass)
I’m Mega Mega Mega Man
I’m the winner of the arms race

8 Smash Brothers
I’ll send them to their mothers
Donkey Kong and Samus
I’ll use my Mega Buster Smash
Grab on Kirby
U-Smash on Pikachu
B-Air on Yoshi
F-Air on Fox
D-Smash on Mario
Finally Link
I’ll make his balls shrink
Use the D-Air and he’ll sink

I’m Mega Mega Mega Man
I’m the real true blue
Not Sonic
I’m Mega Mega Mega Man
I’ll prove my potential

Gotta run Gotta run now
Gotta break through
Gotta run Gotta run now
Through these two
I’m gonna get gonna get you
Rosalina and Luma

I’ve been through it all
I no longer feel small
Been nearly blown up
By the high tiers
I won’t go down so easily
It’s all over for them
I’ll prevail through the odds
No matter what
I’ll tell you who am:

I touched the lives of many people
And became a gaming legend
Only to be thrown away by Capcom
Now, times have changed
I’m back and better than ever
And now it’s time to meet your end
You thought I was down but I’m not

Now it’s time to say goodbye
For I am Mega Man
And here is my Mega Plan:
You die!!!

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Mega Man legacy collection is coming here on the 25th in 5 days from now. Not too many people are excited for it, but I'm buying it on PC to support the IP and to get myself more PC games, don't have many atm. I also heard they're making a retail version of it next year for $30, which is twice as much as the digital version and is stated to have bonus content. Looking forward to hear what it is, seens like Capcom is giving the franchise more attention now. Also hoping there will be a Mega Man amiibo costume for Super Mario Maker and Greninja too (my mainz), I'll personally be disappointed if they neglect Pokemon amiibo yet again and just add a dumb amiibo shirt or whatever. I know the Pokemon company is protective of its IP but still, they gotta do SOMETHING with amiibo and all amiibo so far besides the mii fighters are said to work in the game.

Also, can't beat my new avatar and sig :p

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Mega Man legacy collection is coming here on the 25th in 5 days from now. Not too many people are excited for it, but I'm buying it on PC to support the IP and to get myself more PC games, don't have many atm. I also heard they're making a retail version of it next year for $30, which is twice as much as the digital version and is stated to have bonus content. Looking forward to hear what it is, seens like Capcom is giving the franchise more attention now. Also hoping there will be a Mega Man amiibo costume for Super Mario Maker and Greninja too (my mainz), I'll personally be disappointed if they neglect Pokemon amiibo yet again and just add a dumb amiibo shirt or whatever. I know the Pokemon company is protective of its IP but still, they gotta do SOMETHING with amiibo and all amiibo so far besides the mii fighters are said to work in the game.

Also, can't beat my new avatar and sig :p
Air Man is my favorite Robot Master in Mega Man 2, and is one of my favorite Robot Masters as well. :p
I'm not sure if I'll get the Legacy Collection on the PS4, but if I hear good things about it, I'll consider picking it up. The main reason why I'm hesitant to get it is because I already own 1-6 on my Wii U, and for a collection having the title of "Legacy," it doesn't feel like a legacy. I'd have a lot more games like 7-10 and the Game Boy titles, but I hear that these ports will be better than the Anniversary Collection.
Also, Mega Man has been confirmed to have an amiibo outfit in Mario Maker, but it's a little weird:

Top Bottom