• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
EVO be so hype right now, with Abadango beating Esam.
How do you approach with Mega Man ? Most of the time, my opponents runs into me (who knows why), but I just can't get onto people when they get defensive.
I know Crash Bomb really helps, but it keeps getting shielded :-p
Could anyone give me some advice ?

Edit : Fow so strong, he reached Top 8 by defeating Rain. Good work buddy.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
EVO be so hype right now, with Abadango beating Esam.
How do you approach with Mega Man ? Most of the time, my opponents runs into me (who knows why), but I just can't get onto people when they get defensive.
I know Crash Bomb really helps, but it keeps getting shielded :-p
Could anyone give me some advice ?
Metal Blades and Ftilt could help

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
That I already know, but I feel like I always get predictable with them (which means no close-up for kills). I guess I'll simply practice on Monday (cuz EVO HYPE)

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
So, I hear there's a Mega Man skype chat?

Finally got Skype 2 months ago (probably should've gotten it sooner), but I'd love to be a part of it. If someone wants to add me, that'd be great. t.locke206

Also, @ Funkermonster Funkermonster - how was EVO? :D

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
So, I hear there's a Mega Man skype chat?

Finally got Skype 2 months ago (probably should've gotten it sooner), but I'd love to be a part of it. If someone wants to add me, that'd be great. t.locke206

Also, @ Funkermonster Funkermonster - how was EVO? :D
Think u got the wrong guy, buddy. Sadly I haven't gone to evo before ever, and all I could do stay back home and cheer on my friends that did. A friend of mine did get 9th place though and did well representing our state :) Next year I'm totally gonna do my best to try and attend it though.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Think u got the wrong guy, buddy. Sadly I haven't gone to evo before ever, and all I could do stay back home and cheer on my friends that did. A friend of mine did get 9th place though and did well representing our state :) Next year I'm totally gonna do my best to try and attend it though.
Good stuff. I was confused by this thread. Sorry about that. ^^;

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
I played this game and got to Wily's Caste, but I never listened to the Title Screen theme. HOW COULD I MISS THIS
Edit : Fixed the double video error :p
I found the song while playng the 8-Bit Mega Man 8 fan-remake. It is actually pretty cool. Look up at the MMKB ( a Megaman Wikia) if you want the links.

Last edited:

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
NOICE!

Two of the same video tho XD.

Pro Jared made a video on Megman x7.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9wRxuZY_To

Personally, i never played the game, only heard bad things about it and now this video... but it is hilarious.
This video actually convinced me that the SNES Era MMX games are better than their successors. Nice find, Sorichuudo.
Why did Capcom mess up on a console better than a freakin N64. Oh wait, they messed up with the N64 Mega Man Legends version.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
This video actually convinced me that the SNES Era MMX games are better than their successors. Nice find, Sorichuudo.
Why did Capcom mess up on a console better than a freakin N64. Oh wait, they messed up with the N64 Mega Man Legends version.
I hear X8 was pretty good
To put it bluntly, X8 is X7 done right. The game is awesome.

They even gave Axl an improved gameplay to be more different than X, he kinda plays like Bass from MM&B in some aspects.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Mega Man X4 is a fantastic game though. And that's from the PS1 era. That said, I still have a very, very, very, slight preference to Mega Man X1 and Mega Man X2. X3 is pretty good, but it lacks a certain "OOMPH" to it that X1, X2, and X4 have.

X5 is could have been great, since it mostly had great levels too. But Alia constantly breaking the flow of the game really hinders any enjoyment I get out of it. It's like playing through each stage after you beat it the first time makes me like it more. Except the beginning of Squid Adler's stage. I hate that bike level so much. The rest of his stage is fine. The game as a whole, only ends up okay because of one major set back.

X6 I personally enjoyed. Probably because Alia had to be called in to break gameplay most of the game instead of it happening whether you needed it or not. Though there's not doubt that game had the strangest design choices of all the Mega Man games I've played.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Mega Man X4 is a fantastic game though. And that's from the PS1 era. That said, I still have a very, very, very, slight preference to Mega Man X1 and Mega Man X2. X3 is pretty good, but it lacks a certain "OOMPH" to it that X1, X2, and X4 have.

X5 is could have been great, since it mostly had great levels too. But Alia constantly breaking the flow of the game really hinders any enjoyment I get out of it. It's like playing through each stage after you beat it the first time makes me like it more. Except the beginning of Squid Adler's stage. I hate that bike level so much. The rest of his stage is fine. The game as a whole, only ends up okay because of one major set back.

X6 I personally enjoyed. Probably because Alia had to be called in to break gameplay most of the game instead of it happening whether you needed it or not. Though there's not doubt that game had the strangest design choices of all the Mega Man games I've played.
After playing through the entirety of the MMX Collection, I think it was easy to figure out that the early games are superior to the PSX era games. Though I do agree about the later games, they are still really good(even X6, despite its issues). But one thing that the PSX era did better than the SNES era was the fact that you were allowed to use special weapons in conjunction with the X-Buster, which is a pretty big deal for me. Though I do prefer the special weapons of the SNES games, X1 in particular(X3's weapons are a bit of an exception, they are kind of weird), it kind of sucks that you couldn't use those awesome X1 specials in tandem with the Buster(well, at least not until MHX). I mean, you had 2 additional face buttons on the SNES controller but only one of them was used. Could the system not handle it? Or did Capcom just opt out of implementing it that early on?

Nitpicks aside, most of the games are good. X7 needed a redo though, something apparently went wrong with that one. I still have yet to play X8, but I'm unsure if my old PS2 is working well enough to even play it. I'm kinda hoping that it will show up on PSN(X4 and X5 already did)sometime in the future, but I don't know how likely that is.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103

X5 is a weird game for me. It's not awful per se, but on some playthroughs, it really is a chore to play. The first half of the game is the worst part of the game. Crescent Grizzly and Shining Hotarunicus have decent and fun enough stages. Tidal Makkoeen and Volt Kraken have god awful stages, so awful that it can ruin the game. They're THAT bad. The second half is much better if you ask me, even though Dark Necrobat has an annoying stage.

When I played the game a lot in my Freshman year in high school, I decided to do an experiment to see if the endings were randomized. I played the game 3 times up to that point the exact same way, and got the good ending. To see if my experiment really did work, I played the game the same way for a fourth time, and I got the bad ending. Basically, the endings are randomized, and that's irritating because at least in my experience, getting the bad ending punishes you more than if you were to get the good ending. Annoying bosses aside, the last stages were pretty fun and had clever throwbacks to both the Classic and X games, along with one of my favorite songs in the X series: Sigma Stage 4. That song is amazing. Speaking of the soundtrack, X5 also has one of my favorite soundtracks of the series, especially since the last 3 X games had decent to average soundtracks in my opinion. I don't think it beats X1's soundtrack for being the best out of the first 5 games, but it is close.

One thing I really hate about X5 besides Alia constantly interrupting the game, thus ruining the flow of the game, is how the armor system was handled. Instead of getting one armor, you can get two (not counting the Ultimate armor) armors. Awesome, right? Well it is, except for one simple fact: You can't use the armor until you get *ALL* the parts needed for the armor. My preferred armor as well as my favorite armor in the entire series, the Falcon armor, especially for its kick ass leg parts, can't be used unless you get all of the other parts first, meaning Tidal Makkoeen and Volt Kraken's stages just got a lot more painful, *ESPECIALLY* Volt Kraken's stage. The biker section can go **** itself. It makes the armors less satisfying because instead of giving you the parts right there, you have to get every other part first, and that is bull**** if you ask me.

Overall, X5 is a game that I rarely go back to because of the first half of the game. If I can get past that part, I can get through the rest of the game. If I can't, then I really don't care. X5's okay, but it could have been better seeing as how great X4 was.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I just saw Ant Man. Amazing, top notch quality, suits were very Kamen Rider-like, raised my expectations for future Marvel movies
Marvel Studios movies usually rank on my favorite movies of the year lists. Age of Ultron and Ant-Man are on that list, but I'm gonna say that I enjoyed Age of Ultron a little more than Ant-Man. Ant-Man is great, but not fantastic like Age of Ultron was, at least to me. Still, Phase 3 is on the way... and I cannot express in words how excited I am for Civil War, especially seeing Spider-Man, my favorite superhero and fictional character of all time, in the MCU. :D

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Marvel Studios movies usually rank on my favorite movies of the year lists. Age of Ultron and Ant-Man are on that list, but I'm gonna say that I enjoyed Age of Ultron a little more than Ant-Man. Ant-Man is great, but not fantastic like Age of Ultron was, at least to me. Still, Phase 3 is on the way... and I cannot express in words how excited I am for Civil War, especially seeing Spider-Man, my favorite superhero and fictional character of all time, in the MCU. :D
I want Antman and Spidey to bicker. It just makes sense

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
After playing through the entirety of the MMX Collection, I think it was easy to figure out that the early games are superior to the PSX era games. Though I do agree about the later games, they are still really good(even X6, despite its issues). But one thing that the PSX era did better than the SNES era was the fact that you were allowed to use special weapons in conjunction with the X-Buster, which is a pretty big deal for me. Though I do prefer the special weapons of the SNES games, X1 in particular(X3's weapons are a bit of an exception, they are kind of weird), it kind of sucks that you couldn't use those awesome X1 specials in tandem with the Buster(well, at least not until MHX). I mean, you had 2 additional face buttons on the SNES controller but only one of them was used. Could the system not handle it? Or did Capcom just opt out of implementing it that early on?

Nitpicks aside, most of the games are good. X7 needed a redo though, something apparently went wrong with that one. I still have yet to play X8, but I'm unsure if my old PS2 is working well enough to even play it. I'm kinda hoping that it will show up on PSN(X4 and X5 already did)sometime in the future, but I don't know how likely that is.
Mega Man 8 also had this mechanic. I would imagine the tech wasn't full fleshed out at the time. But I would like it if that mechanic was brought back, it as pretty useful to have both the buster and another weapon on hand.

Mega Man and Bass had a similar mechanic. Instead of having a butting for the alt weapon and the Buster, you could use a Mega Man 1-3 styled Buster when you ran out of ammo for that weapon. Not the most useful, but it's better than being a sitting duck.

Personally, I think the first 4 Mega Man X games are great. Just that X3 lags behind X1,X2 and X4. X5 and X6 are fun, but have a few noticeable issues.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I haven't been on this board in awhile, I''d be cool with playing you guys sometime.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Ye like how are you supposed to concentrate on techchasing and stuff when stuff like that pops up out of nowhere and you start laughing. It's almost like tripping. :laugh:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Ye like how are you supposed to concentrate on techchasing and stuff when stuff like that pops up out of nowhere and you start laughing. It's almost like tripping. :laugh:
Except you don't actually trip but rather just get distracted and lose track of where you are. lol

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
If anyone cares, SummerGamesDoneQuick is doing speedruns for X8, X2, X3 and X4 (in that order) after the Metroid Prime 2 speedrun later today starting at 6:14 PM CST.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
On the topic of the Miiveerse stage, the first picture i saw when i played there the first time was a message saying "Welcome to miiverse. How tough are you?".

Then i got an "adult" image of Megaman. I believe i wasn't tough enough...

You do get some pretty kick ass and funny drawings to show up most of the time, so i still like that stage.

ChopperDave

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3007-8077-4055
I'm beginning to think that Battlefield may actually be one of our worst stages, or at least my personal worst. All those platforms make zoning with lemons harder, crimp my ability to get kill confirms with Metal Blade, make it harder for me to get Leaf Shield out safely, and don't let me use Rush nearly as effectively. And the narrowness of the stage does Mega Man no favors either. Yeah it's fun to use Air Shooter to pressure people on platforms but I don't think it's worth the trade offs.

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
I'm beginning to think that Battlefield may actually be one of our worst stages, or at least my personal worst. All those platforms make zoning with lemons harder, crimp my ability to get kill confirms with Metal Blade, make it harder for me to get Leaf Shield out safely, and don't let me use Rush nearly as effectively. And the narrowness of the stage does Mega Man no favors either. Yeah it's fun to use Air Shooter to pressure people on platforms but I don't think it's worth the trade offs.
Well, you can still SH FAir and hit people, or use UTilt on the edge of a platform then jump back (or not) and shoot while landing to cancel the landing lag.
But since it's all about player preference, I don't think it'll change your mind.

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
How much could they buff pellet damage before Mega Man is ridiculously OP?

Right now they're 2% and he's just pretty good...
3% and he's great?
4% and he's possibly the best character?
5% and he's god-tier?

Last edited:

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
How much could they buff pellet damage before Mega Man is ridiculously OP?

Right now they're 2% and he's just pretty good...
3% and he's great?
4% and he's possibly the best character?
5% and he's god-tier?
20% per pellet pls. :troll:

Top Bottom