• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Here's my beef with the King Stage 2 bosses. The tank is not hard, it's just incredibly tedious, and takes way longer than it should. Sometimes I won't get a hit in for two whole minutes, and that can be annoying considering the fortress boss theme is really repetitive and not very good. The plane, at least in Mega Man's case, is almost purely luck based on where that Hard Knuckle (it's what I call it) lands. With Bass, the boss is fun, but with Mega Man, it's one of the worst moments in the Classic series, if not the worst. King himself is another example of Mega Man having an advantage over Bass, but the boss is still a pain. Here's a tip for you guys: Buy the upgrade that makes it so that when you use a weapon, the weapon will use less energy than it normally would. It makes things a lot more manageable. The final boss of that area, while it's not complete luck like the Wily Capsule, it can be annoying when he decides to spam one attack over and over, especially the aerial bomb attack.
The bosses really do make King Stage 2 the hell hole that it is, and is one of my least favorite, if not least favorite, section in the Classic Mega Man series.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I remember buying all of the Upgrades for Mega Man. I constantly used the one where you can stand still and heal right before a boss fight. The Gold Armor's Head chip also did that in Mega Man X3, but I only really used that for when ever I fought Sigma.

Lufos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lufosf
3DS FC
0087-2359-1559
Hello all mega(wo)men out there!

I've been lurking around these forums, soaking up all of your lovely advice/tech finds/videos/interesting threads and put all of that into a pretty decent megaman. As soon as I saw him being in the game I immediately knew that he would be my main. Smash 4 was the first smash game I played competitively and I actually started up a local community for it in my hometown and started a series of tournaments. We have held 6 tournaments and I ended up at 9th place in the first, but since then nobody has taken a set from me in that community.

Recently though I feel as something is missing, megaman doesn't feel quite as nice anymore. I don't know what it is, but I think I find him a bit clunky sometimes and he feels a lot worse against people who actually know how to fight him (which is quite rare in my hometown but not in other tournaments I've attended where I usually end up around 7th place, still only smaller tournaments with around 20-30 people). For that reason I've been searching for new characters to play and I finally think I've found one in Ike. Hopefully I will find my way back to megaman soon because he's such an awesome character to play!

Anyways, awesome board, awesome people, keep it up!

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Hello all mega(wo)men out there!

I've been lurking around these forums, soaking up all of your lovely advice/tech finds/videos/interesting threads and put all of that into a pretty decent megaman. As soon as I saw him being in the game I immediately knew that he would be my main. Smash 4 was the first smash game I played competitively and I actually started up a local community for it in my hometown and started a series of tournaments. We have held 6 tournaments and I ended up at 9th place in the first, but since then nobody has taken a set from me in that community.

Recently though I feel as something is missing, megaman doesn't feel quite as nice anymore. I don't know what it is, but I think I find him a bit clunky sometimes and he feels a lot worse against people who actually know how to fight him (which is quite rare in my hometown but not in other tournaments I've attended where I usually end up around 7th place, still only smaller tournaments with around 20-30 people). For that reason I've been searching for new characters to play and I finally think I've found one in Ike. Hopefully I will find my way back to megaman soon because he's such an awesome character to play!

Anyways, awesome board, awesome people, keep it up!
Mega Man is a hard character to play as. It can be rough, but Mega Man is one of the most rewarding characters to play and win with. Even though I have my bad sessions on For Glory, I still love Mega Man, because he is a good character, really good, but keep in mind that he's a tough one to master. ;)
Keep practicing. You'll get the hang of it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Mega Man is a hard character to play as. It can be rough, but Mega Man is one of the most rewarding characters to play and win with. Even though I have my bad sessions on For Glory, I still love Mega Man, because he is a good character, really good, but keep in mind that he's a tough one to master. ;)
Keep practicing. You'll get the hang of it.
That's good way of putting it. Personally, I found Mega Man fairly easy to use in Smash, since he feels similar to how he works in his own games. I've been getting better with him too. I think my only complaint with the character is that a couple of his attacks could have been made faster. Flame Sword and Flame Burst in particular. But overall, he's a very fun character to use and isn't as overly complex as others make him out to be.

Last edited:

Lufos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lufosf
3DS FC
0087-2359-1559
I totally agree about him being hard, but that's not really my problem since I have pretty good results, it's more my motivation to keep playing him and that he feels weird for me lately as if I have went backwards in my progress :O

Yesterday I think I had a bit of a breakthrough though, everything just went on smoothly just the way it used to!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, as far as we know, a Mega Man show is supposed to be in development. Now, IF it happens, I know we want it to be good. But what exactly would you Mega Mains hope the series would do?

I mean, covering the games makes sense, but how should it go down? I've seen a few people say follow the Archie comics, which could be good. But I think that Mega Mix version did some cool things too, so I'd like to see some of that version take some inspiration. I can see it also taking a Monster of the Week approach with the Robot Masters. Y'know assuming it's based off of the Original Mega Man, which would be a likely case if it's not rebooted.

I think it also needs to stick to the original art-style as best as possible. The Archice Comics follow Inafune's old style decently enough and still add an American flair to it too.

Though it'd be crazy awesome if they ever got to use the Mega Man X series. I always wanted to see that series story being fleshed out properly.

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Well, as far as we know, a Mega Man show is supposed to be in development. Now, IF it happens, I know we want it to be good. But what exactly would you Mega Mains hope the series would do?

I mean, covering the games makes sense, but how should it go down? I've seen a few people say follow the Archie comics, which could be good. But I think that Mega Mix version did some cool things too, so I'd like to see some of that version take some inspiration. I can see it also taking a Monster of the Week approach with the Robot Masters. Y'know assuming it's based off of the Original Mega Man, which would be a likely case if it's not rebooted.

I think it also needs to stick to the original art-style as best as possible. The Archice Comics follow Inafune's old style decently enough and still add an American flair to it too.

Though it'd be crazy awesome if they ever got to use the Mega Man X series. I always wanted to see that series story being fleshed out properly.
We know that the Archie comics will be going on hiatus soon, so my guess is that Archie will talk to Man of Action studios about how the series should be handled. I still want Man of Action to do their own things with the series, while keeping true to the characters and world Mega Man inhabits. The Archie comics have their own twists that the games did not have (Having Shadow Man and the Star Droids be beings made from Ra Moon, Mr. X being an actual person, etc), so I want Man of Action to come up with some ideas of their own. Maybe they could have their own characters, or hell, maybe even throw Dreamwave comic references, if they want to be that obscure.
I just hope it doesn't turn out like their Marvel shows, mainly Ultimate Spider-Man (the bane of my existence).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
We know that the Archie comics will be going on hiatus soon, so my guess is that Archie will talk to Man of Action studios about how the series should be handled. I still want Man of Action to do their own things with the series, while keeping true to the characters and world Mega Man inhabits. The Archie comics have their own twists that the games did not have (Having Shadow Man and the Star Droids be beings made from Ra Moon, Mr. X being an actual person, etc), so I want Man of Action to come up with some ideas of their own. Maybe they could have their own characters, or hell, maybe even throw Dreamwave comic references, if they want to be that obscure.
I just hope it doesn't turn out like their Marvel shows, mainly Ultimate Spider-Man (the bane of my existence).
I can see what you mean with Man of action doing their own thing. But I'm more worried that they'll ignore the kind hearts aspects of Rock's personality and make him similar to the style of hero that Ben 10 and Generator Rex are like. Though Gen Rex was more likable.

As for Ultimate Spider-Man, it has a few episodes I like. Namely when they try to act serious. And there's a few good fight scenes. But it certainly has it's issues. Honestly, if there's any show that I would call the bane of my existence, it's the HULK series. It feels nothing like the Hulk series at all. It's like a reject Fantastic Four cartoon trying to be funny. I mean, at least Ultimate Spider-Man tries to capture the nature of Spider-Man, though it fails most of the time in doing so.

But I blame Jeph Loeb for that. He doesn't think kids can deal with "serious" cartoons. Which I don't even get. Because we've had other Spider-Man shows with darker tones and were both successful and remembered for it. 90's Spider-Man had some cheese, but it did try to take it's audience seriously. Spectacular Spider-Man was the one of the best Marvel cartoons. And don't get me started DCAU. Those shows aren't that old, and they still had fans that were kids, along with adult fans. But hey, some shows appeal only to kids, while others try to go for "all-ages" I guess.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Actually popped into a Good Will Store this weekend and picked up two Spider Man 1994 VHSs for my 4 year nephew who's a Spider Man fan (man how I wish they'd release the entire series on DVD). But yeah, I want to like Ultimate Spider Man, but I just can't take it seriously.

BTW any thoughts on the Avengers Assemble cartoon? IDK I loved Avengers: EMH, as this seems like a cash grab.

We'll have to see as I do know that SEGA keeps heavy tabs on the plots of the Sonic comic series. I think Archie will take influence from the series like the former does with AoStH, SatAM, & X, but I think it will continue to be it's own thing as it's already been confirmed that they have most of the series plot already planned out (definitely at least up to MM6 with Mr.X/Xander Payne).

I really just hope that the hiatus only lasts ~6 months. IDK as it would make some sense given they're trying to set up/have already started to set up for MM4, and a return/recap issue could pay tribute to MM4's intro cutscenes. Though I think the Rock in Time issue confirmed MMII will be before MM4...

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Actually popped into a Good Will Store this weekend and picked up two Spider Man 1994 VHSs for my 4 year nephew who's a Spider Man fan (man how I wish they'd release the entire series on DVD). But yeah, I want to like Ultimate Spider Man, but I just can't take it seriously.

BTW any thoughts on the Avengers Assemble cartoon? IDK I loved Avengers: EMH, as this seems like a cash grab.

We'll have to see as I do know that SEGA keeps heavy tabs on the plots of the Sonic comic series. I think Archie will take influence from the series like the former does with AoStH, SatAM, & X, but I think it will continue to be it's own thing as it's already been confirmed that they have most of the series plot already planned out (definitely at least up to MM6 with Mr.X/Xander Payne).

I really just hope that the hiatus only lasts ~6 months. IDK as it would make some sense given they're trying to set up/have already started to set up for MM4, and a return/recap issue could pay tribute to MM4's intro cutscenes. Though I think the Rock in Time issue confirmed MMII will be before MM4...
I heard that Avengers Assemble is average, but that's about it.
That would be interesting, since 4-6 are an entirely new trilogy, or as I call them "The Imposter Games," because we had 3 "fake" villains.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Ultimate Spiderman? As in the Disney cartoon? It looked decent enough from the first two episodes I saw, but I decided to watch the Deadpool episode for obvious reasons. Top notch quality for the Deadpool episode
I still hated it. Ultimate Spider-Man is one of the most insulting shows I've ever seen, and this is coming from a Spider-Man loyalist. :/
Anyway, on the topic of Mega Man or to be more accurate, the cartoon coming out, who do you guys think would be good voices for the characters?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I still hated it. Ultimate Spider-Man is one of the most insulting shows I've ever seen, and this is coming from a Spider-Man loyalist. :/
Anyway, on the topic of Mega Man or to be more accurate, the cartoon coming out, who do you guys think would be good voices for the characters?
For some reason, it's hard to pin-point what kind of voice I want for any of the Classic Mega Man characters.

But I could sort of get an idea of who I can see as Mega Man X and Zero. For some reason, I picture Eric Vale(Trunks, and Sanji) as MMX. Maybe Josh Keaton?

For Zero, the guy they got for Marvel 3 should be fine. Or that guy who did Batman Beyond's voice, he could do a good job as either X or Zero. I could see Steve Blum as Vile if they want give him a really deep voice.

Pretty sure their both of their Command Mission, X8 and X1 remake voice actors had retired from that career. So we might not get them back.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I heard that Avengers Assemble is average, but that's about it.
That would be interesting, since 4-6 are an entirely new trilogy, or as I call them "The Imposter Games," because we had 3 "fake" villains.
There will be plenty to break things up. I think it's been confirmed: II > 4 > 5 > V > 6, and that's ignoring the probability of introducing the MM Killers, Genesis Unit, and original story arcs.

Ultimate Spiderman? As in the Disney cartoon? It looked decent enough from the first two episodes I saw, but I decided to watch the Deadpool episode for obvious reasons. Top notch quality for the Deadpool episode
Wasn't bad, but Nolan North is the only Deadpool for me.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Hey, fellas. Sorry if I've got the wrong spot, but the social seemed like the most appropriate spot for this.

I'm looking to claim the souls of your finest warriors in recorded matches for MU reference. I'm 3DS only though, unfortunately. I'd be indebted, insofar as I'd grant you an exquisite death, to anyone who'd oblige me. :colorful:

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Hey, fellas. Sorry if I've got the wrong spot, but the social seemed like the most appropriate spot for this.

I'm looking to claim the souls of your finest warriors in recorded matches for MU reference. I'm 3DS only though, unfortunately. I'd be indebted, insofar as I'd grant you an exquisite death, to anyone who'd oblige me. :colorful:
Well, I could try to play against you, but i'd get stomped anyways XD
Count me in, Ganonbro.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
There will be plenty to break things up. I think it's been confirmed: II > 4 > 5 > V > 6, and that's ignoring the probability of introducing the MM Killers, Genesis Unit, and original story arcs.
I wish they could skip World 2, especially since that game is a cluster**** in both story and overall design, but maybe it could work, and probably fuse with The Wily Tower portion of Wily Wars?
On the plus side, I do like how the comic made the Star Droids actually beings and not some machines made by Wily, and Mr. X being other than a stupid disguise Wily made. It adds depth to the series and I love that. :)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I wish they could skip World 2, especially since that game is a cluster**** in both story and overall design, but maybe it could work, and probably fuse with The Wily Tower portion of Wily Wars?
On the plus side, I do like how the comic made the Star Droids actually beings and not some machines made by Wily, and Mr. X being other than a stupid disguise Wily made. It adds depth to the series and I love that. :)
I still don't get the hate for II. Honestly III is the worst IMO. "shrugs"

The Stardroids are definitely going to be interesting, especially after reading Gigamix. Will they be pure evil and kill all the Robot Masters, or will they be more cartoonish-like badguys like the rest of Archies RMs?

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I still don't get the hate for II. Honestly III is the worst IMO. "shrugs"

The Stardroids are definitely going to be interesting, especially after reading Gigamix. Will they be pure evil and kill all the Robot Masters, or will they be more cartoonish-like badguys like the rest of Archies RMs?
It's a sloppily made game with atrocious sounding music and rushed in 5 months. Not to mention, it's pitifully easy and had a lot of wasted potential, especially regarding Quint. I hate him.
I find World 3 to be a better game than World 2 in many ways, but World 3 is easily the hardest Game Boy game, mainly because it feels dickish a lot of the time, especially in the Mega Man 4 half of the game (****ing Dive Man and Dust Man).

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's a sloppily made game with atrocious sounding music and rushed in 5 months. Not to mention, it's pitifully easy and had a lot of wasted potential, especially regarding Quint. I hate him.
I find World 3 to be a better game than World 2 in many ways, but World 3 is easily the hardest Game Boy game, mainly because it feels dickish a lot of the time, especially in the Mega Man 4 half of the game (****ing Dive Man and Dust Man).
Personally I'd rather have easy (at least for a MM vet) /bland over diskish. If it was fair hard like most of MM&B I'd agree, but only Shadow/Spark I felt were decent in design. II's OST is bad, though I do have a slight soft spot for the MM2 RM songs such as Air Man.

IDK why they thought about giving Quint a pogo-stick. LMAO

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Guys... I have good and bad news. The good ones is that StylesX2 uploades something awesome. The bad one is that it's so dirty...

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
Guys... I have good and bad news. The good ones is that StylesX2 uploades something awesome. The bad one is that it's so dirty...
Mega Man learned from the best.

Seriously though, that really was dirty but the Air Shooter is just such a good kill move in the air. D:

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Personally I'd rather have easy (at least for a MM vet) /bland over diskish. If it was fair hard like most of MM&B I'd agree, but only Shadow/Spark I felt were decent in design. II's OST is bad, though I do have a slight soft spot for the MM2 RM songs such as Air Man.

IDK why they thought about giving Quint a pogo-stick. LMAO
I prefer easy over dickish any day, but at least World 3 tried when it came to its level design. World 2 didn't feel like the designers tried to make the stages unique from the original Mega Man 2 and 3 stages, which is something World 1 did with the MM1 Robot Master stages. Personally, I find it more offensive if you don't try to put effort into your product rather than not trying hard enough.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
When I first heard of this news, I thought it was a joke. I was aware of the health problems Mr. Iwata had last year, but from what I've heard, the surgery he had was a success. After someone sent me an article about this, I decided to do research and much to my shock and surprise, Mr. Iwata really did pass away. If there's one thing I respected Iwata for, it was his optimistic nature. In an industry such as the gaming industry, it can be hard to be optimistic, but Iwata himself was a very fun person. Hell, I just recently discovered what games he worked on, and it's astounding what he was able to do for both Nintendo and gaming in general.

I'll admit, I teared up a bit upon realizing this news. I don't want to believe that he's not with us anymore, but that's not going to help matters. What matters is that Iwata was a fantastic man and his contributions to the world of gaming will never be forgotten. Thank you, Mr. Iwata, and may your soul rest in peace.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just picked up a copy of Archie Sonic 274. Like in Worlds Collide the artists put together another giant picture, this time featuring all of the Mavericks from X1-8 & Xtreme 1&2 bar Vile (who was defeated earlier in the story).

Hopefully they release a full image of the Maverick Army like they did before for the RM Army, as it's just as bad*** as ever. :laugh:

all_the_robot_masters_by_herms85-d6b4gf6.jpg

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Just picked up a copy of Archie Sonic 274. Like in Worlds Collide the artists put together another giant picture, this time featuring all of the Mavericks from X1-8 & Xtreme 1&2 bar Vile (who was defeated earlier in the story).

Hopefully they release a full image of the Maverick Army like they did before for the RM Army, as it's just as bad*** as ever. :laugh:

View attachment 61836
Speaking of which, Mega Man #51 comes out today, and I'll read it later today.
Because I was listening to every Wily Castle theme last night with my girlfriend, I feel like sharing one of my favorite themes:

ZeroSnipist

Smash Apprentice
Hey Mega Man players! We from the Ryu boards are making a doubles thread. The purpose of the thread is to find the best partner for Ryu. I'm going to invite as many people I can at once and get discussions going on all at once. We invite you to our dojo and hope you could help us discuss Mega Man and Ryu in doubles. Thank you in advance!

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
No Mewtwos, and all the Mega Mans lost? Well this kills a lot of the EVO hype for me.

Was really hoping to use some matches for the Video thread OP...

No Gunners, Ikes, Ganons, or Dr. Marios...well at least Charizard is doing decently.

Top Bottom