• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Someone named RandomTBush posted the leaked costumes. It's nice to see Mega Man get all this attention, not just the original series, but multiple facets of the franchise. With this and the new Cartoon on the way, I wonder if Capcom's gearing up for something cool.

Huh, that's neat.
Kinda wish it was MMZ Zero though.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Huh, that's neat.
Kinda wish it was MMZ Zero though.
Who knows, maybe if they make one for Starforce Mega Man they'll have Z-Series Zero. I'm admittedly more of a fan of his X2 and onwards look.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
With all these leaks coming in, Ryu now joins the battle too! Capcom is the first (and currently only) 3rd party company to have more than one of its characters guest star in Smash AND its their two biggest mascots (who have also been in fighting games before)!? :4megaman::4ryu:

I think this calls for some little celebration...

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
E3 didn't even start yet and it is already over T.T
WHY SAKURAI
WHY DID YOU KEEP RYU'S COMBOS, BUFF ROY AND MAKE SUCH AWESOME MII OUTFITS
NOTHING WILL BE ABLE TO TOP THIS

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
With all these leaks coming in, Ryu now joins the battle too! Capcom is the first (and currently only) 3rd party company to have more than one of its characters guest star in Smash AND its their two biggest mascots (who have also been in fighting games before)!? :4megaman::4ryu:

I think this calls for some little celebration...
I'm too hyped on this now. Ryu's not even my favorite Capcom character, that'd be Mega Man of course. But the fact that the company gets both of it's major mascots into a single game is the best. And this is the closest we'll ever get to having Nintendo vs Capcom I think. Not mention the other Mega Man characters getting the best Mii costumes of them all.

:4megaman: :4ryu:C A P C O M B O Y Z 2 0 1 5 :4ryu::4megaman:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Never played Street Fighter, but I'm willing to give Ryu a shot. Though seeing 2 characters from Capcom and only one from Sega and Namco is a bit strange.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Never played Street Fighter, but I'm willing to give Ryu a shot. Though seeing 2 characters from Capcom and only one from Sega and Namco is a bit strange.
I like to think of Ryu as a representative of fighting games as whole rather than a Capcom mascot (not saying he isn't, but still),
which Megaman fulfills.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
did you guys find any buffs for Mega?
It's funny, but I haven't even heard of one mention of MM yet. Even Mewtwo has gotten some rumor talk (faster disable?). lol

Will test the %s I recorded in the Community Guide thread right now.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yeah, I don't see any changes knockback or damage wise. Any frame stuff will have to be data mined.

Should look for the Beat, DW/IS glitches. Not sure how to test for them.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Double Danger Wrap/Ice Slasher is still in. So is Boost Blade.

Also, I'm not sure if it's just me, but Skull Barrier seems to have slightly reduced startup lag.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I might be wrong, but I think Flame Sword does in 7 damage instead of 8. I'll need to look into some other moves in a little while. But I'm sure others will end up doing more in-depth snooping though.

ChopperDave

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3007-8077-4055
These could very well be "placebo" changes, and I've been testing against AIs, but: dthrow, uthrow, and Rush all feel different to me.

Dthrow seems to have either slightly more hitstun or slightly less endlag. It combos into things that I don't remember it comboing into before. For example, at 0% it seems like you can true combo dthrow into usmash vs. fast fallers like Fox. It also seems to true combo into utilt at those percents.

Uthrow similarly feels faster to me. I think it may actually have some combo or followup potential now.

Rush's "hitbox" seems bigger now. I'm finding it much easier to trap people with him, particularly when I use him in the air. I've been able to consistently do things like dthrow->dash->jump cancel UpB, uthrow->double jump->UpB, and landing uair (vs standing opponent)->double jump->UpB.

I guess we'll have to wait till the data dump to confirm any of this, unless someone has two WiiUs and can test a new version vs. an old version.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So the Legacy Collection lets you fight bosses without going into their stages right off the bat. It's mostly so that you can perfect any patterns for fighting them. There's also that challenge mode, which should be okay.

I've only got one of NES games on me, so if it's possible, I might look into this now. I hope it has a physical release, but it might not.

Twewy

Smash Lord
http://www.themmnetwork.com/blog/2015/6/16/mega-man-53-covers-solicitation-and-the-end-of-the-road

Definitely not comfortable hearing this news. I guess they're setting up for MM4 (not MMII?) and will probably pull a recap issue based on MM4's intro, but why is the hiatus needed? Why not give a time estimate as well?
If you ask me, the hiatus and Boom's cancellation are coming from Archie's shifting around of staff for other projects. Their Kickstarter for one of their Archie series failed so I assumed they need more help from other books.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If you ask me, the hiatus and Boom's cancellation are coming from Archie's shifting around of staff for other projects. Their Kickstarter for one of their Archie series failed so I assumed they need more help from other books.
That kickstarter had failed? Didn't know that. But if everyone is being sent every which way, then the hiatus makes some sense.

Some are saying that the new Cartoon series will follow the Mega Man comic rather closely. I don't know if that's true. But it would be pretty ****ing cool if that's the case. The comics do fit in nicely with the games but flesh them out nicely. Hopefully they don't throw in so many crossovers right off the bat.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
That kickstarter had failed? Didn't know that. But if everyone is being sent every which way, then the hiatus makes some sense.

Some are saying that the new Cartoon series will follow the Mega Man comic rather closely. I don't know if that's true. But it would be pretty ****ing cool if that's the case. The comics do fit in nicely with the games but flesh them out nicely. Hopefully they don't throw in so many crossovers right off the bat.
That would be cool if the cartoon took inspiration from the Archie comics. The hiatus part does make me fear for the future a bit, since it reminds me of The Spectacular Spider-Man animated series being cancelled after two seasons because of the Marvel/Disney buyout. Not to mention, I consider the Archie comics to be The Spectacular Spider-Man of Mega Man; a fantastic adaptation of the source material.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That would be cool if the cartoon took inspiration from the Archie comics. The hiatus part does make me fear for the future a bit, since it reminds me of The Spectacular Spider-Man animated series being cancelled after two seasons because of the Marvel/Disney buyout. Not to mention, I consider the Archie comics to be The Spectacular Spider-Man of Mega Man; a fantastic adaptation of the source material.
Waaaaaaaiiiiiit. I've seen this avi before...SGB fan?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yes. My YouTube name is Hub Hikari, the real name of MegaMan.EXE from the Battle Network series, my favorite Mega Man character. You've probably seem me in other places besides SGB. :)
Loads of places, can't remember everything but I usually see your comments and think "What a nice guy" Good to communicate with you
GEDDIT MEGAMAN 8'S JAPANESE OPENING SONG

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Loads of places, can't remember everything but I usually see your comments and think "What a nice guy" Good to communicate with you
GEDDIT MEGAMAN 8'S JAPANESE OPENING SONG
Electrical Communication, yeah. I prefer BrandNew Way, but we all have our musical tastes. :p

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Electrical Communication is just better, but Brandnew way isn't bad (so that's how the US intro is called...)
That makes me think about MMX4's intro. I only remember the Japanese version :ohwell:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Electrical Communication is just better, but Brandnew way isn't bad (so that's how the US intro is called...)
That makes me think about MMX4's intro. I only remember the Japanese version :ohwell:
The Japanese intro for X4 is pretty good IMO. The English version isn't too bad either, and I prefer that version over the Japanese music piece.
Speaking of Mega Man soundtracks, anyone have a favorite Mega Man soundtrack. My favorite is Mega Man 3's soundtrack, with Mega Man 6 not being far behind.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Mega Man 2,3,6 and 9 have the overall best soundtracks I think. Mega Man 4 and 7 are pretty close behind. But each of the games have plenty of solid themes in them.

Don't get me started on the Mega Man X series. Because that's a little harder to narrow down.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Mega Man 2,3,6 and 9 have the overall best soundtracks I think. Mega Man 4 and 7 are pretty close behind. But each of the games have plenty of solid themes in them.

Don't get me started on the Mega Man X series. Because that's a little harder to narrow down.
I'd say X1 and X6 had amazing soundtracks, with X5 being not too far behind, IMO.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'd say X1 and X6 had amazing soundtracks, with X5 being not too far behind, IMO.
I agree on X1 and X6. They might have the best soundtracks overall. But I personally like X2's and X3's more than X5. X5 doesn't have a bad soundtrack. It's just that the music isn't quite as good as the others.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I agree on X1 and X6. They might have the best soundtracks overall. But I personally like X2's and X3's more than X5. X5 doesn't have a bad soundtrack. It's just that the music isn't quite as good as the others.
That's how I feel about X4's soundtrack. Generally good, but not as good as some of the others.
I also love Battle Network 2's and 6's soundtracks, and I am a fan of that series. :)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That's how I feel about X4's soundtrack. Generally good, but not as good as some of the others.
I also love Battle Network 2's and 6's soundtracks, and I am a fan of that series. :)
I need to familiarize myself more with Battle Network. But the boss themes from 2 and 4 I remember liking. Same with the boss theme from that Gamecube spin-off.

X1, X3 and X6 are my personal favorites X-wise. Classic-wise though, 3, 7 and 9.
The SNES version of X3 has a really good soundtrack. The PS1 version isn't bad, but X's theme was kind of tame in comparison.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
The SNES version of X3 has a really good soundtrack. The PS1 version isn't bad, but X's theme was kind of tame in comparison.
The PS1 version has some neat arrangements, but I can't help but think of them as drastically watered-down alternatives to the rocktastic SNES tunes.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The PS1 version has some neat arrangements, but I can't help but think of them as drastically watered-down alternatives to the rocktastic SNES tunes.
Pretty much. I really felt like that was the case for Mega Man's and Zero's theme in the Opening Stage. I really liked Blast Hornet's arrangement though.

D

Deleted member

Well if we are discussing are our favorite Mega Man games in music, my favorite are 2 and 7 from the Classic series and X and X6 from the X series.

Speaking of which, music is a big part of a game for me, which is why Mega Man is one of my favorite series.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
1, 7, 8 and 9 have the best music for me in Classic Mega Man.

On the X side of things, X, X5, X6 and X8 are my favorite music-wise.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
More silhouettes for Megaman! ~
Btw if you want, you can click the image to buy merch with that image on it.

Top Bottom